NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I thought they put down wood shavings, but what do I know.

My sciatica (left side and down left leg) has been bothering me the worst it ever has this past few months and we are going to Tampa, FL 12 June-15th and there will be sand all over, but it's not the beach that's got me going there. Maybe I'll get a quick chance to check it out but I really pray I will be sciatica free that week. I doubt it due to the 7 hour car ride from hell. LOL Oh I want to fly so bad but the last time I flew my ankles swelled up so bad I couldn't walk, I had cankles for the first time ever and that was Reno, so no planes. I'm sure I would be most comfy by train but all sleep cars were booked. Oh well, at least now I know about sand, thanks to Indy Anna. :loveyou:

I no do sun cause I'm scared to death of wrinkles and looking old. Isn't that some stoopid *advertiser censored*? lol I'm insane.

I will get myself a sand box and y'all can come over and I'll provide the wine. We can do sand stuff like sand castles and mud pies. I bet CARIIS will come by and
step on our glorious castles and we can pelt him with the mud pies, right in the kisser.:lol:

I take it your name is due to the state, maybe? I lived in South Bend on the campus of Notre Dame circa 1988. I loved living there and I really miss the Midwest.
Me mum lived in Terre Haute for 10 years.
Cincinnati was my first Midwest love. How I miss it so. :sigh:

Wow, I'm really all over the place manic this morning. I'm sorry.
Yes, I do live in Indiana now. I was born and raised in Cincinnati. I always wanted to live in the SW, though, because I love the warm, dry climate. The sun feels so good on my back!

I had to look up cankles. Lol. Over 25 years ago, when I was still thin, someone told me I had fat ankles. TBH, I've never really noticed other people's ankles. :p But my feet and ankles do swell, like yesterday when I cut the grass.

Now that you mention it, I think I did read that the floor of the pens are covered in wood shavings. But I've also seen references to sand. My memory is short, so now I'm confused which it is. :confused:

A sandbox party sounds like fun! I think the sand must help by re-distributing the body's weight. Maybe that's what April needs if she's walking on wood shavings instead.

When were the three of them in there together
My gson is already taller than the doc so there !!

18010978_961237897312423_3193447793972059754_n.jpg

That Dr had better watch himself, look at April's face. lol

Hummm

Quite a tone change. My vote JOrdon wrote the earlier one. Toys or us people wrote this.

Or Jordan started thinking, "oh, crap, I don't want the money to dry up, I had better be nice"

I don't have a link as I believe I heard it a few days ago on GMA???? Anyhoo proceeds (don't know exact amount) will go towards a Sick Kids Local Hospital. I am assuming where his baby girl was treated for a rare disease. And also to The Preservation of Giraffe's in the Wild. If anyone is not aware of Jordan's Daughter's plight I will come back later with a link. Making dinner at the moment.

I don't have a link as I believe I heard it a few days ago on GMA???? Anyhoo proceeds (don't know exact amount) will go towards a Sick Kids Local Hospital. I am assuming where his baby girl was treated for a rare disease. And also to The Preservation of Giraffe's in the Wild. If anyone is not aware of Jordan's Daughter's plight I will come back later with a link. Making dinner at the moment.

part of the proceeds are going to a fund they created to pay for medical expenses for families with sick children (after their experience with their daughter's illness), or if you are on board with the conspiracy theory crowd - it is going to buy a new car for the owner...

Yes, I do live in Indiana now. I was born and raised in Cincinnati. I always wanted to live in the SW, though, because I love the warm, dry climate. The sun feels so good on my back!

I had to look up cankles. Lol. Over 25 years ago, when I was still thin, someone told me I had fat ankles. TBH, I've never really noticed other people's ankles. :p But my feet and ankles do swell, like yesterday when I cut the grass.

Now that you mention it, I think I did read that the floor of the pens are covered in wood shavings. But I've also seen references to sand. My memory is short, so now I'm confused which it is. :confused:

A sandbox party sounds like fun! I think the sand must help by re-distributing the body's weight. Maybe that's what April needs if she's walking on wood shavings instead.

Welp, wood it is!!
My cankles were caused by tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet. I get swelling if I stand a lot and when I have fibro flares but nothing compared to a cramped 5hour plane ride. Ugh! Other than that I have normal looking ankles, except for the huge surgical scar.

I lived in Florence Ky, y'all and had a Burlington address. Went to Connor high in Hebron. Gosh, I miss it. Our back yard was the Greater Cincinnati Airport, remember the Air Canada fire? I saw it. lol

The last time I visited was 1997 I believe, we went on a whirlwind amusement park trek. Started out in Pittsburgh at Kennywood, then on to Sandusky, OH for the greatest park ever, Cedar Point, back down to Cincy for Kings Island which I adore and on the way home stopped in Atlanta at Six Flags. The next week my husband went to prison. HA! Ex husband.

part of the proceeds are going to a fund they created to pay for medical expenses for families with sick children (after their experience with their daughter's illness), or if you are on board with the conspiracy theory crowd - it is going to buy a new car for the owner...

I'm all for helping sick kids. My father was a Shriner and he would drive the burned kids and the kids who needed prosthetics/orthopedics to the Greenville and Cincinnati Shriners Hospitals.

I have his Fez, it has a crutch pin on it. Means a lot to me.

I'm not familiar with the conspiracy theory, where is that coming from? I've heard nothing.

Welp, wood it is!!
My cankles were caused by tarsal tunnel syndrome in both feet. I get swelling if I stand a lot and when I have fibro flares but nothing compared to a cramped 5hour plane ride. Ugh! Other than that I have normal looking ankles, except for the huge surgical scar.

I lived in Florence Ky, y'all and had a Burlington address. Went to Connor high in Hebron. Gosh, I miss it. Our back yard was the Greater Cincinnati Airport, remember the Air Canada fire? I saw it. lol

The last time I visited was 1997 I believe, we went on a whirlwind amusement park trek. Started out in Pittsburgh at Kennywood, then on to Sandusky, OH for the greatest park ever, Cedar Point, back down to Cincy for Kings Island which I adore and on the way home stopped in Atlanta at Six Flags. The next week my husband went to prison. HA! Ex husband.

Please try to hide your sympathy for your husband's departure!!

The little guy aka CARIIS grandson (my nephew) is awake and in the dark corner opposite to where Aprils water is.
Directly below the camera is why he isn't seen much.

Do you guys think that when my gson is off camera he is actually lying down?

It confuses me cause they don't sleep a lot either- I can't imagine him standing that still that long - like what is he doing in the corner??

Do you guys think that when my gson is off camera he is actually lying down?

It confuses me cause they don't sleep a lot either- I can't imagine him standing that still that long - like what is he doing in the corner??

Hey Cariis, since we are just all aunties and uncles, and baby is your grandson...

What features and characteristics does baby have that you think were inherited from you, and why?

Which did he not inherit?

:giggle:

Looking forward to your detailed answer!

:giggle:

Aprils majesty makes my gsons "cuteness" explode!!

He and Olivor just touched noses through the wall ! Soo cute

It was at like 1107 of so - worth a rewind!!

They are repulsive

It's animal abuse. They have progressed into actually terrorizing my gson. To him it feels like they are chasing him. They look like two kids who have no idea what that are doing.

After their done freaking both to death trying to get a weight they come in with a scary wheel barrel, two humans two shovels and start running around his space without his mother.

They then have no concern by going in a throwing a box or two of sand practically at times in my
gsons
face.

Dust is flying all over him.

Should I forward to an abuse agency?

I just learned this. Did you guys realize that he filling his zoo by having all his animals pregnant? Have no idea how many pregnant species he has running around in labor.

As we have learned a pregnant animal does require extra care.

What is Jordons actual proper training?

As far as we know it is only two caretakers for the whole place - is that correct?

He often appears rushed. There is a Q/A on in background - his phone dies. If you know your doing a question and answer would you not have your phone on a charger?

[video=youtube;loZwPL1dw5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZwPL1dw5w[/video]

They are repulsive

It's animal abuse. They have progressed into actually terrorizing my gson. To him it feels like they are chasing him. They look like two kids who have no idea what that are doing.

After their done freaking both to death trying to get a weight they come in with a scary wheel barrel, two humans two shovels and start running around his space without his mother.

They then have no concern by going in a throwing a box or two of sand practically at times in my
gsons
face.

Dust is flying all over him.

Should I forward to an abuse agency?

[video=youtube;loZwPL1dw5w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loZwPL1dw5w[/video]

I'm not laughing. Makes me feel dirty that I watched the birth, because it supports this...

moo

This drama narration is funny

[video=youtube;JIf6EfAlJPI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIf6EfAlJPI[/video]

Was there more than one time where she kicked the vet? I don't remember her doing it twice!

Having q & a (did not watch a lot of them) the first and only I watched was when he was in his house ( the wet hair one) and he so repulsed me I never did another one.

In the one I have on, the vet was with her and Jordon was on ground level filming- and I thought it was interesting when the vet said something akin out of carrots I am out of here.

Made me wonder like if humans did not have food and stayed in there would April just be kicking him?

Am now doing some trying to learn new things -- he does seem knowledgeable, but after seeing him chuck (cause he was in a rush) sand in my gsons face? Can you imagine your vet doing something similiar casue she has to go?

What are the first and last names of the two caretakers?

Anyone know Jordons formal training -- only thing I know is he owned a bar - it flooded out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back