NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone else noticed how much calmer April is with the female vet than the male?

Now that you mention it, yes. I believe they have a bond and the female vet is more understanding and can give April the affection she needs.
It's a girl thang. :loveyou:

Oh my goodness, poor baby. April's legs are tired and she needs to lay down. I am so glad she made it down safely as I thought she might crash land. I cannot tell if she is trying to get back up or is just uncomfortable. :(

Maidin mhaith, April is enjoying breakfast, so it's a good time for me to eat my breakfast.
Mmmm, Aged Swiss and Gouda Cheesy Grits.

I am still watching but it is hard.........you can see April is so ready to give birth but that the little one isn't coming out just yet......I am hoping today is her newborn's birthday and April gets some relief and rest! :praying:

Lots of activity in Aprils home. Zookeepers laying down fresh sawdust & April is ready, just like InItToWinIt said a wee bit ago. She has been ready for some time & I have been watching her for bout 19 or so hours straight. Praying for a safe & healthy delivery. [emoji172][emoji248][emoji177]
ETA
Aprils Calf may be having stage fright & prefers to stay snuggled away all warm and cozy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testing 1, 2, 3...

:waiting: One day soon a 6' 150lb baby will be born, I swear, maybe, so hold onto those pink and blue bubble gum cigars.
In other news, it's 5.00 somewhere. :martini:

My kids got me a toy giraffe today. You push a button on the bottom of the 'pedestal' it's standing on and it lies down... and then you can pop it up again. :D

It's clear my children inherited my sense of humor. Har. ;)

Come onnnnn April!!

I know nothing about this. But they need to quit sending in vets that pet her.

I do not know the answer but they need to make sure there is not a dead thing in her body .

It seems like something wrong .

Enough - blood tests or whatever -- enough do something other than pet her

I realize you are a for profit outfit enough

I know nothing about this. But they need to quit sending in vets that pet her.

I do not know the answer but they need to make sure there is not a dead thing in her body .

Enough - blood tests or whatever -- enough do something other than pet her

Good to see you CARIIS. Baby calf is moving about. Watch her belly. Calf is active.

There was so much activity last night that a special clip was put on YTube and staff say it was baby getting into position:

[video=youtube;QD6NmYG3tQ0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD6NmYG3tQ0[/video]

[video=youtube;Qq-70y5a60w]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qq-70y5a60w[/video]

I wonder if she is in early labor? Just not active labor?

enough what?

do you think you are more aware of what is going on than they are?

Of couse not my dear!

This is a for-profit entity

There has to be blood tests with hormones etc

Do I know of course not but this is becoming dumb .

If you saw mating behavior on XX

well why would not "see " it 17 days later ??

Does not ring true -- why did they miss all the signs about her being ready a month later??

They announced some date -- but for some reason for the next 34 days they did not know she got nailed

?????????????????

Good to see you CARIIS. Baby calf is moving about. Watch her belly. Calf is active.

Likewise my dear --- is everything ok? You have been "absent
???

You ok?

???

You ok?

???

You ok?

Yes all good here. Thanks for asking. And you? have been reading more than posting as of late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly