NY - Giraffe Watch: April, 15, due to give birth at Animal Adventure Park

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Came here as a friend texted she thought April was pushing... Guess no one here is seeing it..

:waiting:

ETA.. Oh, someone else ses it too? Grrrr. My feed won't pull up! It's just going round and round. Anyone have good links that aren't buffering and overloaded?

April seems to be leaving her tail lifted a lot now. I think today might be the day!

:floorlaugh: The keepers are feeding her right at the camera for some good tongue shots

Tail back down now. Maybe she was just a little bit constipated?!

Tail back down now. Maybe she was just a little bit constipated?!

A while ago she was standing at just the right angle and when she pushed, I was able to see her open and could see the bag. I'm almost positive it was the bag.

A while ago she was standing at just the right angle and when she pushed, I was able to see her open and could see the bag. I'm almost positive it was the bag.

I thought I saw something like that too, but now I don't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me!

Is she in active labor? I thought once she got to that stage it only lasted 30 minutes?

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

She seems a lot calmer to me now, plus the tail is back down since she had those two poops. I hope she is having this baby today, but my hopes are fading.

Is she in active labor? I thought once she got to that stage it only lasted 30 minutes?

With livestock I would call it active, not transitioning yet. I've never birthed a giraffe before though ;)

With livestock I would call it active, not transitioning yet. I've never birthed a giraffe before though ;)
Thanks I was thinking it was a false alarm. I hope this isn't too painful for the sweet girl.

According to the AAP folks ->a giraffe is considered to be in active labor when the baby's hooves make an appearance.

so no active labor yet..

April's baby Autumn has already had babies so that makes April a grandma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict