NY - Gov Spitzer tells staff he's linked to prostitution ring

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
First Patterson then Joe Bruno I guess, if the rumors are not true about the resignation. We could do worse, Joe knows the ropes, one would hope they would work together.

Spitzer is putting the whole state through hell right now, shame on him!

philamena, he was transferring money from his account to another (QAT = Emperors). Financial institutions have regulations to follow regarding set transaction amounts, one being $10,000 and over. There are computer programs that track these, as well as auditors.

I don't understand why you do something like this if you know all this! :doh: Again, thinking with that other body part, I guess.
Hey Taximom,
I heard the reporter say that the Gov. listed the Emperors business'somewhere' and that Emperors was in fact a legal business. A legal business that was a front for prostitutes. I swear the reporter said it was on his taxes. lol Guess I was thinking about tax time.

Had to come back and add this:
http://www.ajc.com/living/content/living/stories/2008/03/11/wivesweb.html
Despite sex scandals, wives often stand by their men

Published on: 03/11/08
On Monday, New York Gov. Eliot Spitzer appeared with his wife Silda (but not their three daughters) at a press conference in which he apologized to his family and to the public, although he never said what for.

No she didn't deserve a cheating husband nor does any woman really and her personal decision as whether or not to divorce is her private business. I hope she continues with her work in spite of this.

I just happen to have the emailing list, I created when Spitzer was promoting driver's licenses for illegals. These are the senators and assembly members that supported Spitzer then, and would be supporting him now.

So if you want to get their attention, email the entire groups of them; even if you aren't from New York.

New York State Democrat Senators supporting Spitzers plans:

eadams@senate.state.ny.us; breslin@senate.state.ny.us; connor@senate.state.ny.us; diaz@senate.state.ny.us; dilan@senate.state.ny.us; duane@senate.state.ny.us; gonzalez@senate.state.ny.us; hassellt@senate.state.ny.us; shuntley@senate.state.ny.us; lkrueger@senate.state.ny.us; montgome@senate.state.ny.us; onorato@senate.state.ny.us; oppenhei@senate.state.ny.us; parker@senate.state.ny.us; perkins@senate.state.ny.us; sabini@senate.state.ny.us; sampson@senate.state.ny.us; schneide@senate.state.ny.us; serrano@senate.state.ny.us; masmith@senate.state.ny.us; stavisky@senate.state.ny.us

New York State Democrat Assembly Members, in vulnerable districts, supporting Spitzer's plans:

alessim@assembly.state.ny.us; eddingp@assembly.state.ny.us; engles@assembly.state.ny.us; fieldsg@assembly.state.ny.us; ramosp@assembly.state.ny.us; sweeney@assembly.state.ny.us; lavinec@assembly.state.ny.us; schimelm@assembly.state.ny.us; hoopere@assembly.state.ny.us; weisenh@assembly.state.ny.us; zebrowskik@assembly.state.ny.us; JaffeeE@assembly.state.ny.us; ballg@assembly.state.ny.us; cahillk@assembly.state.ny.us; mcenenj@assembly.state.ny.us; canestr@assembly.state.ny.us; aubertd@assembly.state.ny.us; christensenj@assembly.state.ny.us; liftonb@assembly.state.ny.us; johns@assembly.state.ny.us; morellj@assembly.state.ny.us; ganttd@assembly.state.ny.us; koond@assembly.state.ny.us; schimmr@assembly.state.ny.us; peoplec@assembly.state.ny.us; hoyts@assembly.state.ny.us; schroem@assembly.state.ny.us; parmenw@assembly.state.ny.us

I knew I heard the IRS mentioned somewhere. ;)

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/03/10/spitzerirs_0310.html
Investigation into call girl ring began with IRS probe
Unclear whether Spitzer was target
Published on: 03/10/08
New York — The federal investigation into a high-end prostitution ring linked to Gov. Eliot Spitzer apparently began last year as a financial probe by the Internal Revenue Service.
The investigation into the Emperors Club VIP gathered more than 5,000 :eek: telephone calls and text messages, and more than 6,000 e-mails:eek: , along with bank records, travel and hotel records and surveillance.

I can't wait to hear the jokes that come out of this. SNL should be good this week!
On some radio show this morning they were playing,"Love Potion #9"
I almost wrote out the words to that song yesterday, and was going to substitute Client #9 instead of Potion #9.

The jokes, the shirt, Letterman are all funny, but I still feel sorry for his wife and kids having to endure all of this. Oh, to be a fly on the wall in that household.

Sooo question.. will the call girl be charged with anything? :waitasec:

Trino, if his wife stands by him through all this, I will no longer feel sorry for her. I will forever feel sorry for their children though, no matter what.

Can you imagine being the first person to realize who was involved and what he was involved in?! :eek:
Omg! Don't you know their internal panic button was set? The panic button that makes one's stomach turn into knots whenever the phone rings. :eek:
I have a feeling there may be more people brought before the public who were involved in the prostitution ring.

I read where they have been married for 20 years. Mrs. and I had our 20th anniversary in January, and I have never been unfaithful to her since our second date. If I had done what this sorry example of my gender had done I would not even dream of asking her to stand by my side. I would stand on my own and apologize, and would have no expectation that my apology would be accepted.

I don't look down on her for standing next to him, whether he asked her to or she volunteered. I look down on him for letting her be there. He should have told her that he and he alone needed to take the heat for this.

What a pile of human garbage.

Off Topic: OMG , I just scrolled down and saw that you had quoted me and I panicked. I was so mad and furious that my post was strong and I thought "well that's just great, new moderator and now I am in trouble"!!
Whew

Tm, I thought you were looking forward to paying off your house in two days??

I've been working on it, but dh keeps saying the money transfers are being held up for some reason. :waitasec:

:crazy:

Buzz, wouldn't it be something if "Kristen" was an illegal alien? Naw, it couldn't be that good, could it? lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandrz717
Back