NY NY - Irondequoit, WhtFem 14-23, 122UFNY, skeletal in shallow grave, front teeth overlap, Jul'88

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I have reason to believe that there have been or will be further attempts to extract DNA using new techniques, which require much smaller amounts of source material.

I don't know whether I have good reason to think that, or if the person who didn't tell me that was engaged in wishful thinking.

I have reason to believe that there have been or will be further attempts to extract DNA using new techniques, which require much smaller amounts of source material.

That would be absolutely wonderful!

Which brings me over to something rather surprising I read the other day:

After a wee bit sleuthing, I read that IJD's DNA has been compared to various mps, according to her case worker, after someone else had called in a potential match. This was read in another forum, so I can't verify the authenticity of that statement, I hasten to add!

That would be absolutely wonderful!

Which brings me over to something rather surprising I read the other day:

After a wee bit sleuthing, I read that IJD's DNA has been compared to various mps, according to her case worker, after someone else had called in a potential match. This was read in another forum, so I can't verify the authenticity of that statement, I hasten to add!

I don't see how several of the ruleouts could have been made if they didn't have DNA.

I don't see how several of the ruleouts could have been made if they didn't have DNA.

Exactly!

According to a comment on Meagan's blog, IJD'S DNA sample was sent to be tested in late 2011, but again, I can NOT verify the authenticity for this information, so take it by a grain of salt!

Exactly!

According to a comment on Meagan's blog, IJD'S DNA sample was sent to be tested in late 2011, but again, I can NOT verify the authenticity for this information, so take it by a grain of salt!

It matches what I heard through unofficial channels, so likely there's a germ of truth.

Hanging around Websleuths I need to buy salt by the barrel :D

I haven't found out much about Noreen Greenley's dentals, but her stats compared to IJD's are intriguing.

The Doe Network: Case File 2782DFON

NGreenley.jpg

Noreen Greenley
Missing since September 14, 1963 from Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: May 16, 1950
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Greenley was last seen in Bowmanville, Ontario on September 14, 1963.

The Bowmanville Police Department investigated Noreen’s disappearance, and an extensive ground search was organized, but neither Noreen nor her remains were ever located.

In 2003, the Durham Regional Police Homicide Unit revisited the disappearance of Noreen, and local media highlighted how her disappearance was a mystery. No information or Crime stoppers Tips were received by the investigators.

Today, the Noreen Greenley Missing Person File remains open and unresolved for her family.

Noreen Greenley's WS thread
CANADA - Canada - Noreen Greenley, 13, Bowmanville, Ont, 14 Sept 1963

-------------------------------------------------------------------

122UFNY

122UFNY1.jpg

Reconstruction of the victim.

Date of Discovery: July 31, 1988
Location of Discovery: Irondequoit, Monroe County, New York
Estimated Date of Death: 10-30 years prior (1958-1978)
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Homicide

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 14-23 years old
Race: White
Sex: Female
Height: 4'10" to 5'5"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: No signs of prior trauma or injury.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available. Significant dental restorations using gold foil at 7, 8, 9, 10.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: Insufficient DNA for profiling.

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: None.
Jewelry: None.
Additional Personal Items: Four white buttons were found at the time of recovery.

Circumstances of Discovery
The victim's skeletal remains were located in a shallow grave behind 130 Bay Knoll Drive. She was discovered by young boy who was digging at the rear of his property. The area is adjacent to Irondequoit Bay. The yard backs up to a steep hill overlooking a valley.

Yes I really want this case to be solved. I live in New York and about 5-7 hours away from where the discovery took place.
I grew up a town over in Greece and I would have been 10 around this time. Irondequoit at that time I don't think was that bad, but remember it was getting bad by the late 90's.. I never heard of this case growing up there

I just got finished reading this thread and wish i jumped in here years ago because I could have answered the area layout locations since im from there. Talking to a buddy on my lunch break I think the rule out of Mary C. Robinson is in error, i think the dental records were destroyed by the time the UID was found and couldn't make a match look..
img
img

* I say this because 2 cases i've dealt with on in Michigan and one in Orlando in the same boat..

12 minutes away from where she was killed..
Mary C. Robinson – The Charley Project

Last edited:
I think the rule out of Mary C. Robinson is in error, i think the dental records were destroyed by the time the UID was found and couldn't make a match look..
(...)
12 minutes away from where she was killed..
I too was a bit set back when I saw her ruleout, but we must remember that mistakes has happened before (Colleen Orsborn springs to mind).

Thank you for involving your LE friend for a second opinion on the matter! :)

Here is the Comparison/Exclusion List for Irondequoit JD, thought I would post since Carbuff had mentioned her in the Denise Beaudin thread.

MP11936 - Barbara Aleksivich
10/03/1973
Steuben, NY

MP2386 – Lynn Bandringa
05/29/1967
San Bernardino CA

Ingrid Bauer

MP7081 – Bonita Bickwit
07/27/1973
Sullivan NY

MP5860 – Marie Blee
11/21/1979
Routt CO

MP20107 – Mary Bostwick
07/18/1972
Tioga NY

MP19076 – Sandra Breed
05/22/1964
Madison NY

MP7828 – Niki Britten
07/16/1969
Linn OR

MP10968 – Linda Britton
06/11/1963
Guernsey OH

MP3070 – Judith Brown
04/06/1977
Queens NY

MP11582 – Barbara Bruno
08/01/1980
Monroe NY

MP7592 – Rosemary Buck
08/11/1973
Onondaga NY

MP4532 – Cynthia Constantine
07/11/1969
Suffolk NY

MP5665 – Charlotte Heimann
10/30/1981
Monroe NY

MP5669 – Lynn Luray
08/17/1964
Los Angeles CA

MP7574 – Sylvia Lwowski
09/06/1975
Richmond NY

MP4646 – Robyn Pettinato
07/05/1975
Flathead MT

MP26000 – Mary Robinson
06/10/1976
Monroe NY

MP5533 – Denise Sheehy
07/07/1970
Queens NY

MP3259 – Sheryl Tillinghast
09/24/1973
Dutchess NY

MP4608 – Rebecca Triska
09/19/1958
Beaver PA

MP2876 – Mary Wesolowski
08/18/1971
Warren NY

Updated Namus link: Unidentified Person Case

No new ruleouts.

I haven't found out much about Noreen Greenley's dentals, but her stats compared to IJD's are intriguing.

The Doe Network: Case File 2782DFON

NGreenley.jpg

Noreen Greenley
Missing since September 14, 1963 from Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: May 16, 1950
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 13 years old
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Greenley was last seen in Bowmanville, Ontario on September 14, 1963.

The Bowmanville Police Department investigated Noreen’s disappearance, and an extensive ground search was organized, but neither Noreen nor her remains were ever located.

In 2003, the Durham Regional Police Homicide Unit revisited the disappearance of Noreen, and local media highlighted how her disappearance was a mystery. No information or Crime stoppers Tips were received by the investigators.

Today, the Noreen Greenley Missing Person File remains open and unresolved for her family.

Noreen Greenley's WS thread
CANADA - Canada - Noreen Greenley, 13, Bowmanville, Ont, 14 Sept 1963

OT! There was just an article about police searching a property near where this girl went missing apparently based on a deathbed confession that a man killed her and put her in the trunk of a car and buried the car on a construction job he'd been working on.

Teen who vanished in 1963 may be in trunk of buried car: family

OT! There was just an article about police searching a property near where this girl went missing apparently based on a deathbed confession that a man killed her and put her in the trunk of a car and buried the car on a construction job he'd been working on.

Teen who vanished in 1963 may be in trunk of buried car: family
Yes, that's how I came to think of IJD. I also had to look up the geographical location of Bowmanville, since I've also considered she might be Canadian. Another thing that struck me: The year Noreen disappeared (1963) happened to be the year before the house on the property IJD was found behind was built (1964).

I have recently come over a few newspaper clippings from the Democrat & Chronicle that really caught my attention concerning Irondequoit Jane Doe. I hasten to add that these are not my clippings, but users kmgriffin377 and Isfd36981 at said page. I am simply bringing this information over to WS.

This "new" information is a bit lengthy and complicated, but I will try to TL;DR as much as possible without too much speculation from my part now at first. I will advice you to read the news articles for yourself to get the "full experience", though. WS will not allow me to post more than 5 images at the time, which makes this post very.. texty.
There is also a few articles about Mary Robinson and the possibility of her being this UID, but @Shin Masamura has already posted this earlier in this thread.

Just to make it less complicated, I've divided the information from the articles/clippings into three parts: 130 Bay Knoll Road's history, the neighbourhood's history (77 Newport Road), and the discovery of Irondequoit Jane Doe.

• 130 Bay Knoll Road

The house was built in 1964 on what used to be a fruit orchard (peaches, to be more specific). In the 60s, the Liquory family used to live there; they probably moved in when the house stood finished, but I haven't found any info on that, when they moved out, nor when the Przygodas moved in.
Clipping from Democrat and Chronicle - Newspapers.com

Roland Liquory was a WW2 veteran and a police officer. The son of the house was Ronald Jay Liquory, a Class of 1968 graduate from Eastridge High School. I found a Facebook group, as well, but they haven't posted anything in 6-7 years.

• The Neighbourhood: 77 Newport Road

77 Newport Road was built in 1936. In the early 60s, the property belonged to Lt. Col. Albert W. Lathrop. I haven't found out when det. William Mahoney moved in. The property history/taxes only goes back to 1995.

Here is a map where you can find the location of 130 Bay Knoll Road and 77 Newport Road:

upload_2019-3-5_0-21-17.png

Now, here comes the juice:

In the 70s, the Sheriffs Department's had a crackdown on organized crime, which Chief of Detectives William Mahoney called "Operation Step-Up". The arrest and conviction of Albert DeCanzio was the first major conviction to come out of this operation.

irondequoit jane doe - Newspapers.com

During his 28 month stay in Monroe county jail, DeCanzio was first a mob informant, and then an informant against sheriff's detectives. It eventually turned out that evidence for the Mafia trials in the mid-70s had been fabricated, and Mahoney was heavily involved.

"Mahoney joined the Rochester Police Department in 1952 and retired in 1973 to become Monroe County Sheriff William Lombard's top detective. He was told to concentrate on the Mafia, and he became the first law enforcement officer in the country whose investigations led to the 1976 convictions of top Mafia leaders for murder. Later, those six convictions were overturned when it was revealed evidence used at the trials was fabricated. On Dec. 21, 1980, Mahoney was convicted in U.S. District Court of conspiracy to violate the civil rights of 16 suspects. He was found guilty of helping to make up evidence against the six suspects in his investigation of the gangland slaying of Vincent "Jimmy" Massaro. He was fined $2,000. Ten months earlier, he had finished serving four months in jail after pleading guilty to official misconduct stemming from an incident that led to his suspension and resignation. He had admitted he allowed two Monroe County Jail inmates to do excavation work at his Irondequoit home."

Excuse me?
"Erosion problems"?
In the backyard??
In the same area Jane Doe was found about 11 years later???

DeCanzio told federal law enforcement officials that, while in custody June, 1977, he operated a bulldozer in the backyard of Monroe County Sheriff's Chief of Detectives William C. Mahoney, reliable sources said. The excavation work he reportedly did behind Mahoney's house at 77 Newport Road, Irondequoit, was to help stop erosion on a steep embankment near Irondequoit Bay. (...) Sheriff William Lombard said he'd also heard "talk circulating that DeCanzio was driving a bulldozer at the chief's house." "I talked to the chief and the chief categorically denied that to me and I accepted that," Lombard said. State law forbids the use of prisoners for personal gain, but the practice doesn't appear to violate any federal statute.

• The discovery of Irondequoit Jane Doe

CW: There's a PM picture of IJD's skull in one of the clippings. Nothing too gross, but a warning nevertheless.

The skull and 9 (later corrected to 12) bones were discovered by 12-year old Richard Przygoda about 40 feet behind the house, and eventually 95% of her body was uncovered. She had been buried in a bent-over position in the ground.

Sources and more clippings at:
Clippings - Newspapers.com

I have recently come over a few newspaper clippings from the Democrat & Chronicle that really caught my attention concerning Irondequoit Jane Doe. I hasten to add that these are not my clippings, but users kmgriffin377 and Isfd36981 at said page. I am simply bringing this information over to WS.

This "new" information is a bit lengthy and complicated, but I will try to TL;DR as much as possible without too much speculation from my part now at first. I will advice you to read the news articles for yourself to get the "full experience", though. WS will not allow me to post more than 5 images at the time, which makes this post very.. texty.
There is also a few articles about Mary Robinson and the possibility of her being this UID, but @Shin Masamura has already posted this earlier in this thread.

Just to make it less complicated, I've divided the information from the articles/clippings into three parts: 130 Bay Knoll Road's history, the neighbourhood's history (77 Newport Road), and the discovery of Irondequoit Jane Doe.

• 130 Bay Knoll Road

The house was built in 1964 on what used to be a fruit orchard (peaches, to be more specific). In the 60s, the Liquory family used to live there; they probably moved in when the house stood finished, but I haven't found any info on that, when they moved out, nor when the Przygodas moved in.

Roland Liquory was a WW2 veteran and a police officer. The son of the house was Ronald Jay Liquory, a Class of 1968 graduate from Eastridge High School. I found a Facebook group, as well, but they haven't posted anything in 6-7 years.

• The Neighbourhood: 77 Newport Road

77 Newport Road was built in 1936. In the early 60s, the property belonged to Lt. Col. Albert W. Lathrop. I haven't found out when det. William Mahoney moved in. The property history/taxes only goes back to 1995.

Here is a map where you can find the location of 130 Bay Knoll Road and 77 Newport Road:

View attachment 172113

Now, here comes the juice:

In the 70s, the Sheriffs Department's had a crackdown on organized crime, which Chief of Detectives William Mahoney called "Operation Step-Up". The arrest and conviction of Albert DeCanzio was the first major conviction to come out of this operation.

During his 28 month stay in Monroe county jail, DeCanzio was first a mob informant, and then an informant against sheriff's detectives. It eventually turned out that evidence for the Mafia trials in the mid-70s had been fabricated, and Mahoney was heavily involved.

"Mahoney joined the Rochester Police Department in 1952 and retired in 1973 to become Monroe County Sheriff William Lombard's top detective. He was told to concentrate on the Mafia, and he became the first law enforcement officer in the country whose investigations led to the 1976 convictions of top Mafia leaders for murder. Later, those six convictions were overturned when it was revealed evidence used at the trials was fabricated. On Dec. 21, 1980, Mahoney was convicted in U.S. District Court of conspiracy to violate the civil rights of 16 suspects. He was found guilty of helping to make up evidence against the six suspects in his investigation of the gangland slaying of Vincent "Jimmy" Massaro. He was fined $2,000. Ten months earlier, he had finished serving four months in jail after pleading guilty to official misconduct stemming from an incident that led to his suspension and resignation. He had admitted he allowed two Monroe County Jail inmates to do excavation work at his Irondequoit home."

Excuse me?
"Erosion problems"?
In the backyard??
In the same area Jane Doe was found about 11 years later???

DeCanzio told federal law enforcement officials that, while in custody June, 1977, he operated a bulldozer in the backyard of Monroe County Sheriff's Chief of Detectives William C. Mahoney, reliable sources said. The excavation work he reportedly did behind Mahoney's house at 77 Newport Road, Irondequoit, was to help stop erosion on a steep embankment near Irondequoit Bay. (...) Sheriff William Lombard said he'd also heard "talk circulating that DeCanzio was driving a bulldozer at the chief's house." "I talked to the chief and the chief categorically denied that to me and I accepted that," Lombard said. State law forbids the use of prisoners for personal gain, but the practice doesn't appear to violate any federal statute.

• The discovery of Irondequoit Jane Doe

CW: There's a PM picture of IJD's skull in one of the clippings. Nothing too gross, but a warning nevertheless.

The skull and 9 (later corrected to 12) bones were discovered by 12-year old Richard Przygoda about 40 feet behind the house, and eventually 95% of her body was uncovered. She had been buried in a bent-over position in the ground.

Sources and more clippings at:

Wow super great find MRS Badcrumble!!!

So Memorial Day 1977 they went digging back there. Iam attaching a 1977 calendar. Memorial Day in 1977 was May 30. I wonder if there are any women who disappeared around then?

Attachments

• IMG_3195.PNG
    IMG_3195.PNG
    417.5 KB · Views: 8
I wonder if there are any women who disappeared around then?
There are several more newspaper clippings in the links dealing with lots of vanished women and girls all the way back to the 50s. I've managed to track down some of them alive, fortunately! I am also shocked over the amount of law enforcement officers living in that small specific area, and the clippings dealing with dirty cops.. I can't help but read between the lines :eek:
And where is IJD in all this? A mob victim? Murdered by dirty cops? Murdered by classmates or friends? A foreign farmworker at the peach orchard?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zoyasalas
Back