GUILTY NY - Jenni-Lyn Watson, 20, Clay, 19 Nov 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are we allowed to sleuth Jenni Lyn's ex-fiance now that he has been mentioned by MSM?

Okay, so I am hearing some rumors that she was wearing a black North Face jacket although I can't find any report by MSM saying so. I will explore this point though... Did Jenni Lyn wear that jacket around the house? It would have been pretty chilly in the Watson household for her to do that so I doubt it.

The North Face jacket shown in her Facebook picture is just fleece. It's not really a heavy winter jacket, more like a thick sweatshirt. I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that she wore it around the house, especially if her mom is like mine and tries to save money by keeping the thermostat low during the day.

On the other hand, I own an identical jacket, and it's also exactly the kind of thing I'd wear if I were just running outside briefly to get the newspaper or the mail or something. Mine was my jacket of choice during the winter when I was at college in western New York.

Edited to add that I don't have a very good feeling about this case. I think that if she had left voluntarily, the public would have been informed by now. I think LE has information that they're not releasing which doesn't bode well for Jenni-Lyn. She's around my age and looks so much like SO's cousin. This is sad.

I was wondering about that as well. Her missing persons site specifies that she is single, though her myspace (which has not been updated in a month) lists her as in a relationship. She has a lot of pictures of her with a guy, and in some you can see what appears to be an engagement ring.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/11/24/new-york-police-search-wooded-area-missing-college-woman/

A friend of Watson's, who spoke to FoxNews.com on condition of anonymity, said the young woman had recently broken off an engagement.

"The break-up didn't go as cordially as it should have," the friend said.

From review of Jenni-Lyn's MySpace, it appears that her ex-paramour is from Liverpool. His FaceBook page stills lists that as his residence.

Alright, I'm finally all caught up. This is really scary ...it appears she just vanished. :(

Jenni, I hope you're safe and you get to spend Thanksgiving with your family. It's obvious they love and miss you.

My prayers are with Jenni's family and friends.

Jenni-Lyn reminds me a lot of my children's dance teacher. A young lady who has survived being taken for a length of time... on 2 different occasions. Jenni-Lyn reminds me so much of her it is weird. I think she is someone who could definitely be strong enough, smart enough, manipulative enough... to get herself out of a situation. Just as my children's dance teacher did.

I don't have a good gut feeling about this... but I wouldn't have with my kid's dance teacher either. So since this is so similar... I have to think about the very positive outcome we had... and hope it's the same here. I hope law enforcement wouldn't be telling the family to still have hope if they knew there was no hope...

Someone on the FB group who is friends with Jenni Lyn says that her relationship status on FB is set to single. The last comment someone left to Jenni Lyn on Myspace, besides the ones that were left after she went missing, was sent on November 29, 2009. Her last photo album was uploaded on April 19, 2010 and she describes herself as an upcoming sophomore. I am going to assume it's been a few months since she was an active Myspace user; it looks like she switched to FB like everyone else. It does say that she logged on October 20, 2010 but she might have just went on to check out her ol' myspace. Considering that she didn't remove the pictures with her boyfriend, it makes me think that they were still together as of October 2010 as I can't imagine them having their bad breakup before then and her choosing to leave up all the pictures and notes to him.

I wonder if this engagement was a secret? It seems strange that we just have a tiny blurb about this from an anonymous friend---perhaps someone who told Jenni Lyn that she wouldn't tell anyone but she knew in her heart that she had to tell LE everything she knew? It looks she was around 19/20 when she got engaged---question for the locals--how do people in the area view getting married at that age? Do a lot of teenagers get married shortly after high school? I do find it strange that we're not hearing more about this engagement. This was not your typical boyfriend-girlfriend college relationship; she was planning on getting married. But she called it off. Why? And what did her friend mean by the breakup did not go cordially?

It also looks like an engagement ring on her finger to me too but there's nothing on her Myspace saying that she is engaged or referring to her boyfriend as her fiance. Hmm...

It is time for me to go to bed. Hopefully, when I wake up in the morning, Jenni Lyn will be found and ready to spend Thanksgiving with her family.

Here's a map if one hasn't been posted yet. B is her house and I've outlined the general search area as a blue box with the top being Highway 481.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Morgan+Rd&daddr=7406+Donegal+Way,+Liverpool,+NY+13088+to:Henry+Clay+Blvd&geocode=FabAkgIdvyN1-w%3BFeUakgIdE5p1-ylRGi3Sd-7ZiTFi9VlWJGDaMw%3BFey6kgIdwFF1-w&gl=us&hl=en&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=14&sll=43.15523,-76.187868&sspn=0.04145,0.090895&ie=UTF8&ll=43.151974,-76.177139&spn=0.082905,0.181789&z=13

Her house is surrounded by houses and there are not many trees so it doesn't seem like the best place to abduct in someone broad daylight without being seen. I would lean toward someone she knows if sadly the worst happened, however we have seen unlikely stranger abductions in the past. My thoughts are with her family and friends.

Are we allowed to sleuth Jenni Lyn's ex-fiance now that he has been mentioned by MSM?

don't quote me on the terms of service but in general, if a person has been named by LE or the MSM in connection with a case then you can sleuth and name them here. HOWEVER, unless someone has been named as a suspect, be very careful about what you post about a living person. you do not want to accuse them of a crime when they are not a suspect or a criminal defendant. even then it is best to say to say "suspected" or "alleged".

When are we allowed to start sleuthing someone? This person is over 18 but has not been mentioned in MSM yet but there is some rumbling about this person on the FB group.

I did some online sleuthing and found out the name of someone connected to her romantically; I did not see this name on the FB page, nor have I looked. But it appears that this person has been arrested in the near past for larceny.

don't quote me on the terms of service but in general, if a person has been named by LE or the MSM in connection with a case then you can sleuth and name them here. HOWEVER, unless someone has been named as a suspect, be very careful about what you post about a living person. you do not want to accuse them of a crime when they are not a suspect or a criminal defendant. even then it is best to say to say "suspected" or "alleged".

Thanks. I'll wait until the police announce a POI or suspect before I sleuth someone.

Also, when I went to bed at around 3 a.m, Jenni Lyn was the TOP story on Verizon Droid's mobile CNN page! :D She's still listed this morning so that's good. Every day, her disappearance is getting more and more attention. Many national media outlets have written an article about it but LE needs to release more information so the coverage can continue! I've noticed that many have started writing about the search effort by friends and family but unless they get some new info, the coverage will go away. :/ I just don't want it to be that media outlets write one article about Jenni Lyn and then none more because there's nothing else to write about.

I just heard/read about this on CNN, and the first thing that I thought (my gut)... the random call feels like someone else had the phone and accidentally called from it. Butt dial, if you will.

Again, this is just a "feeling" I got, and I really do hope that this young lady is safe and sound...

Perhaps the culprit hates her family and is turning on the phone intermittently out of a morbid curiosity to see what text messages her loved ones may be sending. I know it's bad to think about, but what other reason would someone keep the phone and keep turning it on and off?

This happens alot. It's like curiosity killed the cat. The perps just can't help themselves and many times gets them caught.

So if someone has periodic access to this phone, is it someone that lives inside the ping area? I know we can't sleuth the ex bf yet. But without saying his name or address, is he within the ping area?

I know that my phone is extremely easy to turn on as all you have to do is press a button on the top of the phone. You don't have to hold the button down; just press it once and the phone will turn on. There has been multiple occasions where I have turned off my phone, put it in my purse, and when I went to get my phone later, it was on! Does anyone who has the same phone as Jenni Lyn know if her phone was as easy to turn on? If Jenni Lyn had the phone when she was abducted and it was on, her abductor could have taken it, turned it off, put it in his pocket, and it was accidentally turned on again? And then when he realized, he turned it off? That could explain why it was being turned on and off. And then when the phone went on, he butt dialed someone?

I just heard/read about this on CNN, and the first thing that I thought (my gut)... the random call feels like someone else had the phone and accidentally called from it. Butt dial, if you will.

Again, this is just a "feeling" I got, and I really do hope that this young lady is safe and sound...

I accidentally made a call when I borrowed my dad's cell a couple of weeks ago. I think it's a very possible scenario her phone is different than the model of the perp's and he accidentally made a call, being unfamiliar with her specific model of cell phone.

If it's a male, perhaps out of jealousy and curiosity he was checking through the phone's call history to see what phone numbers she had previously called and received calls from. Perhaps he was wondering what guys she had been talking with and if she had called the other guy more than she had called him.

About a month ago, I went on this camping retreat with a lot of my friends. I was talking to a few of them and our other friend who was on the other side of the room went over to us and said that her phone had rung and when she answered it, she could hear our conversation. It turns out my friend had butt dialed her. If Jenni Lyn's phone had butt dialed someone, hopefully whoever was called was able to hear some conversation between Jenni Lyn and her abductor and recognize their voice or LE can ask Jenni Lyn's family if the voice sounds familiar. I know that in my butt dialing scenario, my friend didn't realize she had done that until other friend came over to inform her.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadDelver
Back