Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks sleepinoz for the link! It was a very well written article I thought. Beautifully written. It would seem if she was there all along and he was as active on the property that she would have been found sooner as it wasn't til the days before Christmas that any major snowfall occurred. I remember talking to my sons preschool teacher his last day before break that it looked like a green Christmas. Then it all hit at once and I thought I spoke too soon. JMOO. Anyhow, locals / insiders, do you have a theory what happened? Do you think LE is on top of things or are dropping the ball? The silence in this case, aside from Mr. Mahoney, is unbelievable and sad. A woman, a mom of three, was obviously murdered and left unclothed to be found by a passerby and there is nothing but silence. It's very sad. I didn't know Jennifer but know her life was worth more than her murder being hushed and swept under the rug. Getting frustrated.....

BBM for focus..

Amanda, this article speaks volumes concerning dropping the ball, imo.. How much sooner would JR's remains been located if volunteer searching had not been discouraged...Salute to Mr. Richard Hayner & to Joe Mahoney for sharing the thought provoking article..

'To discourage volunteer searching for a missing person, is to squander your most valuable investigative resource'..imo..

http://www.wbng.com/home/Sheriff-Discourages-Private-Searches-for-Missing-Woman-187806481.html

Sheriff Discourages Private Searches for Missing Woman
By Matt Porter

New Berlin, NY (WBNG Binghamton) The Chenango County Sheriff is discouraging people from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran.
The Sheriff's Office said private searches could destroy important evidence related to the case.

The 36-year-old has been missing since Dec. 11, 2012.
Since then, deputies have recovered Ramsaran's iPhone and car at two different locations.
Ramsaran's husband told Action News he's letting the sheriff's department take the lead in the investigation.

As of Friday, the Sheriff's office was still waiting on Ramsaran's telephone records.

I find Joe's article very interesting. He really puts a lot of ideas out there without stating his interpretation, kind of cagey. First he only refers to Jenn's children when talking about her absence, then he only mentions GR in a negative light, citing him personally confirming to the newspaper his affair with a close friend, then he alludes to the property owner being at the property often but not observing the body. I think he is putting out a clear story here that GR is a potentially responsible party and that the body may have been moved.

I respectfully disagree about the body being moved. I won't say it isn't possible, but the snow we had, especially there, has been there from the day after (either the day she went missing or the day after the news broke). I remember thinking, "If she didn't leave on her own, no one will find her until all the snow melts" Then it just kept snowing! It is amazing she was found when she was -- Most of the properties out there aren't frequented -- The person that left her there didn't expect such an attentive property owner -- JMO

lovinglife - My understanding is GR and his children are the only ones living in his house.

Also, no travel restrictions on GR.

Using being new as an excuse, and being I am not an insider, verified or in any other fashion -- IMO "Living" is just a word. There is a car in the driveway daily (nightly at times) so having a frequent guest that stays over night often is different than "Living" together. Attending parties together, yet acting like they don't even know each other at the school - shows deception -- All IMO

If this isn't allowed, I am very sorry. I have only utter respect for everyone here!!

Here goes . . .

BBM Quite right, Upstate...rickblaine, can you verify if the tryster and GR spend much time together? Daily? In public? etc...

BBM for focus..

Amanda, this article speaks volumes concerning dropping the ball, imo.. How much sooner would JR's remains been located if volunteer searching had not been discouraged...Salute to Mr. Richard Hayner & to Joe Mahoney for sharing the thought provoking article..

'To discourage volunteer searching for a missing person, is to squander your most valuable investigative resource'..imo..

http://www.wbng.com/home/Sheriff-Discourages-Private-Searches-for-Missing-Woman-187806481.html

Sheriff Discourages Private Searches for Missing Woman
By Matt Porter

New Berlin, NY (WBNG Binghamton) The Chenango County Sheriff is discouraging people from conducting their own searches for Jennifer Ramsaran.
The Sheriff's Office said private searches could destroy important evidence related to the case.

The 36-year-old has been missing since Dec. 11, 2012.
Since then, deputies have recovered Ramsaran's iPhone and car at two different locations.
Ramsaran's husband told Action News he's letting the sheriff's department take the lead in the investigation.

As of Friday, the Sheriff's office was still waiting on Ramsaran's telephone records.

I've always found the wording of this odd: "deputies have recovered Ramsaran's iPhone & car" when in fact they had little to do with locating either... And "he's letting them take the lead" ?

I respectfully disagree about the body being moved. I won't say it isn't possible, but the snow we had, especially there, has been there from the day after (either the day she went missing or the day after the news broke). I remember thinking, "If she didn't leave on her own, no one will find her until all the snow melts" Then it just kept snowing! It is amazing she was found when she was -- Most of the properties out there aren't frequented -- The person that left her there didn't expect such an attentive property owner -- JMO

I remember it snowing very soon after and thinking the same thing.

I could have sworn there was also a comment in MSM about a shallow grave but I can't find it.

ETA: she may have been covered in leaves before it snowed.

Interesting twists on the word; tyrst...

http://www.alphadictionary.com/goodword/word/tryst

• tryst •
Printable VersionPronunciation: trist • Hear it!
Part of Speech: Noun
Meaning: 1. An agreement to meet at a certain time and place. 2. A secret meeting or place for a meeting, a rendezvous or rendezvous point.
(read more)

I am not clear on what some think the tox results will do to prove or disprove a case. If they need tox for a cause of death, that is not good news, IMO.

If her system is clean, but they cannot determine cause of death, then what, I wonder? If she has drugs in her system, how to prove she did not take them? I admit, I am worried, if in fact they are awaiting tox to see what to do next.

I've always found the wording of this odd: "deputies have recovered Ramsaran's iPhone & car" when in fact they had little to do with locating either... And "he's letting them take the lead" ?

Sharoneonta, just a play on words by ms media to either misinform or to garner favor for future info, imo... This type of reporting is common in missing/murdered person investigations, imo..
Pure Malarkey, imo...

I see your point, but I also believe this may be how it transferred. Unless you are saying, GR has had plenty to say about reporters, so why give them the credit? JMO

I am not clear on what some think the tox results will do to prove or disprove a case. If they need tox for a cause of death, that is not good news, IMO.

If her system is clean, but they cannot determine cause of death, then what, I wonder? If she has drugs in her system, how to prove she did not take them? I admit, I am worried, if in fact they are awaiting tox to see what to do next.

IMO

I hope it is just a stall tactic to get their ducks in a row

:please:

I see your point, but I also believe this may be how it transferred. Unless you are saying, GR has had plenty to say about reporters, so why give them the credit? JMO

I think it just irks me because I'm so invested in this case and I don't have a high opinion of GR....

For lack of better words, guess prosecutors in Chenango county, NY, are a little 'Gun Shy'...
This Trial took over 10 years before it went to
trial. Life expectancy of a duck?
* ABOUT 8 YEARS :

http://old.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2003/05/27/case.html

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Village haunted by 10-year-old murder case

By Tom Grace
Staff Writer

NEW BERLIN — Few want to talk about it, but 10 years ago this month, April M. Dell'Olio, 15, was found innocent of murdering her 17-year-old boyfriend, David S. Eccleston of New Berlin.

Dell'Olio's attorneys didn't deny she had stabbed Eccleston repeatedly; she'd admitted that. But Joseph McBride and Stephen Dunshee convinced the jury that the freshman honor roll student had suffered a "brief reactive psychosis," while stabbing the senior basketball star of New Berlin Central School.

The killing took place on the morning of Oct. 20, 1992 off Railroad Street and a set off a chain of painful reactions in the village of New Berlin.
(read more)

For lack of better words, guess prosecutors in Chenango county, NY, are a little 'Gun Shy'...
This Trial took over 10 years before it went to
trial:

http://old.thedailystar.com/news/stories/2003/05/27/case.html

Tuesday, May 27, 2003

Village haunted by 10-year-old murder case

By Tom Grace
Staff Writer

NEW BERLIN — Few want to talk about it, but 10 years ago this month, April M. Dell'Olio, 15, was found innocent of murdering her 17-year-old boyfriend, David S. Eccleston of New Berlin.

Dell'Olio's attorneys didn't deny she had stabbed Eccleston repeatedly; she'd admitted that. But Joseph McBride and Stephen Dunshee convinced the jury that the freshman honor roll student had suffered a "brief reactive psychosis," while stabbing the senior basketball star of New Berlin Central School.

The killing took place on the morning of Oct. 20, 1992 off Railroad Street and a set off a chain of painful reactions in the village of New Berlin.
(read more)

:furious: There is a book out with this story - someone local recall the name?

"Killing of innocence" Sorry, found it

20 years ago now.

I am not saying that LE should make an arrest before they have all test results, but IMO, they should acknowledge she was murdered, if they know her cause of death. In Karen Swift's case, which seems to be at a standstill, at least they have acknowledged that much.

Hey everybody. Just wanted to say that I have been here since December and I am consistently impressed by each and every one of you. Keep up the great work!
I am thinking of Jen today and wondering what she would be doing to prepare for the Easter weekend. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for her family and her children as they face their first Easter without her.
Mainly just wanted to say thanks and God bless you all.

Me too! Also... Her birthday next week and that keeps going in my mind too

:furious: There is a book out with this story - someone local recall the name?

"Killing of innocence" Sorry, found it

20 years ago now.

A Killing Of Innocence: David Warren: 9780738827841: Amazon.com: Books

Book Description
Publication Date: August 7, 2000
A Killing Of Innocence follows the often murky trail of justice in the killing of David Eccleston, a 17-year-old honor student by his 14-year-old girlfriend April Dell'olio. The crime, and the trial that followed, resulted in an outcry from the community and political leaders. Now, for the first time, read the behind-the-scenes story of what led to the murder and why the jury reached the decision that shocked the New York legal system. Written by David Warren, an awarding-winning journalist who has worked in Houston, Colorado Springs, Chicago and upstate New York, this book features in-depth interviews with witnesses and the girl accused of the crime. Also featured is evidence never introduced at the trial and statements never before heard. Join the author as he takes us inside the family of a teenage girl facing 25 years in prison. Find out her reaction, and the reaction of her lawyers following the landmark verdict and learn what happened after. This book includes statements never before released to the public and interviews with officers who were at the scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAbbey
Hey everybody. Just wanted to say that I have been here since December and I am consistently impressed by each and every one of you. Keep up the great work!
I am thinking of Jen today and wondering what she would be doing to prepare for the Easter weekend. I cannot imagine how hard this must be for her family and her children as they face their first Easter without her.
Mainly just wanted to say thanks and God bless you all.
Originally posted by Magiefeu
Me too! Also... Her birthday next week and that keeps going in my mind too

'Let this be our Prayer.. RIP Jennifer Ramsaran'
[video=youtube;Yu3o8W5JMuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu3o8W5JMuU[/video]

A Killing Of Innocence: David Warren: 9780738827841: Amazon.com: Books

Thar she be! We bought one copy and passed it around. I wonder who ended up with it

Wish I could remember what became of her, we have done well with remembering David and not giving her one more ounce of energy ...

If you read the book, you will see a certain mentality about our county. What teen hasn't had to deal with this? It was an eye opener for a lot of people (on so many levels)

Thank You for the flashback Foxfire!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member