Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to upload a photo of minivan covered in mud. thanks to admin from J4J .
We must seek Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran and help the Sheriff's Dept. Anyone with any information regarding this case please contact Chenango County Sheriff's Department (607) 334-2000. We can not say what info they have been using in their investigation when talking to people at the apartments. The photo comes from the police flyer dated 12/20.

Thats exactly how my car looks after i drive on dirt roads through the area! I bet that van was driven on some of the Phasalia state forest roads. Does anyone know how many other dirt roads there are near that area besides the state forest? I think Reservoir Hill rd is one and maybe Blackman rd, but im not sure of the others. There is no way any vehicle could get that much mud spray on it if it was only driven on the paved roads, IMO

No we do not. I don't know for sure but I have a feeling they are not talking because they don't want to do anything to hurt the investigation.

What are they going to say if they do talk?

I was only referring to an implication that they were being stifled.
I would want to speak out, if LE was not in regular contact about the status of the case, but perhaps they are.

I changed my avi to a van (not THE van) with the correct color. Guess I have to post or you won't see it ;)

Prayers for Jennifer's family and friends. As difficult as it is for us (WSers), it must be, dare I say it, brutal for them. (Sorry - it seems the most appropriate word for what they are enduring)

jmo

Thats exactly how my car looks after i drive on dirt roads through the area! I bet that van was driven on some of the Phasalia state forest roads. Does anyone know how many other dirt roads there are near that area besides the state forest? I think Reservoir Hill rd is one and maybe Blackman rd, but im not sure of the others. There is no way any vehicle could get that much mud spray on it if it was only driven on the paved roads, IMO

Reservoir Hill, Doing and Cumber are all oil and stone along with parts of North, Fred Stewart and Center Rds.

Everything else is gravel or shale.

Reservoir Hill, Doing and Cumber are all oil and stone along with parts of North, Fred Stewart and Center Rds.

Being unfamiliar with that type of road-how does that react in the rain& how long does it stay wet? IYO that is...

Being unfamiliar with that type of road-how does that react in the rain& how long does it stay wet? IYO that is...

Imo, the Center Road body dump was plan B after an attempt at another location was aborted due to possible witnesses or navigation issues..due to lack of road maintainance, logging activity, or heavy traffic during hunting season, etc..

Foresnic geology will be key here for the mud. Be interestng to compare to the soil at various locations, including GRs residence. Soil can be analyzed for pesticides and fertilizers as well as minerology, grain size etc. it can be traced like a fingerprint and would be admissible in court.

Imo, the Center Road body dump was plan B after an attempt at another location was aborted due to possible witnesses or navigation issues..due to lack of road maintainance, logging activity, or heavy traffic during hinting season, etc..

Yes, i was thinking of that too. What about the Hunts Pond state woods over near New Berlin? That would be a close area to their home. Have they done any searching over there? There is also Waupaunauka state woods nearby to his home via the Post Rd. The van could have been driven through the Waupaunauka dirt roads and down Ripple rd into N. Norwich and up over the hill to Plymouth and Rt 23 with hardly anyone noticing the van. So many places it could have been. Lots of miles of dirt roads around here.

These roads may be at least partly oil and stone, but they do get muddy. I've slid off Reservoir Hill Rd. a couple of times due to the muddy conditions (and ok, I have to admit, I was probably going a little too fast around the curves with the roads in the condition they were in :blushing:).

Seeing the latest post of the muddy van as it was when it was found, to me it looks about as muddy as many vehicles in the area might look in rainy/wintery weather around here. I wonder why only the side of the van appears to be muddy.

MOO

What I don't understand is .. within a few days of Jen going missing, LE had possession of her van.

Why would they not get a picture of her actual van into the media with an accurate description at that point? Their photo would have shown the condition (mud) the van was found in that day, and would have been exactly what any observers with tips may have seen.

:goodpost:

These roads may be at least partly oil and stone, but they do get muddy. I've slid off Reservoir Hill Rd. a couple of times due to the muddy conditions (and ok, I have to admit, I was probably going a little too fast around the curves with the roads in the condition they were in :blushing:).

Seeing the latest post of the muddy van as it was when it was found, to me it looks about as muddy as many vehicles in the area might look in rainy/wintery weather around here. I wonder why only the side of the van appears to be muddy.

MOO

I don't think we know that the other side isn't muddy-do we? I think we know from the phot that the front isn't but nothing else, right?

updated Flyer for anyone who can share, print, post that is local. I have found that sometimes the smallest detail like the color of the minivan and what is looks like from one person to the next can make a difference. A photos is always a great tool. Maybe when someone shares it the right person will see it and come forward with info they did not know they had. Praying for the family & loved ones daily. Don't give up WS. It only takes one mistake for the person who did this to pay. Sorry only have this one photo from this angle. If anyone gets anything different let us know.

Attachments

• jennifer ramsaran flyer reddish orange muddy.jpg
    jennifer ramsaran flyer reddish orange muddy.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 24

MOO

I have a newer TC so a different body style... It's raining pretty good here for the past few days and the sides are very dirty. The front not so much. The back very dirty too. I think the rain and the forward motion sort of keeps the front clean and it sprays back to the sides. My tires are not too dirty either compared to the actual body. I took a pic but being that its freshly rained on it looks more wet. When it has time to dry on I'll try to take a pic. The one I took has clues to my address too so I have to take it someplace else. Call me paranoid! :blushing:

Just drove 690 West from Destiny to home. The billboard that was going for Jenn has the other missing girl up on it. Hopefully the money they raised for Jennifer's billboard will bring this girl home safe. I found it sad to see. :(

I don't think we know that the other side isn't muddy-do we? I think we know from the phot that the front isn't but nothing else, right?

That's what I understand from what has been posted here. From the photo, it appears that there is not a lot of mud towards the back end of the passenger's side-less than there is along the doors on the passenger's side.

Obviously, we can't tell from this photo what the back end or the driver's side looks like, but to me, the rest of the van that we can see looks awfully clean compared to those doors. I'm no expert on mud splattering on vehicles though, it's just MOO.

It would be really nice if we could see what the other side looked like!

MOO

If the van was driven at a higher speed, it would throw most of the road spray to the back of the van and the front would stay cleaner. It would depend on the wind that day too. But, judging by the rim of mud on the tires, it doesnt look as if it was driven on a logging road or in deep mud. There is only about an inch of mud on the rim of the tires. Also, it looks like theres a gob of mud or grass underneath the van on the parking lot. Although that might just be a shadow, i dont know. I wonder if they checked to see if there was any long strands of meadow grass stuck to the bottom of the bumpers and fenders or the undercarriage of the van?

If the van was driven at a higher speed, it would throw most of the road spray to the back of the van and the front would stay cleaner. It would depend on the wind that day too. But, judging by the rim of mud on the tires, it doesnt look as if it was driven on a logging road or in deep mud. There is only about an inch of mud on the rim of the tires. Also, it looks like theres a gob of mud or grass underneath the van on the parking lot. Although that might just be a shadow, i dont know. I wonder if they checked to see if there was any long strands of meadow grass stuck to the bottom of the bumpers and fenders or the undercarriage of the van?

That mud shows no spatter at all. I do not buy for a minute that that van was driven down a muddy road. There is no horizontal component to the pattern that would suggest forward motion. Plus, the wheels are clean. How do you get mud all over the side without getting it on the tires or wheels? Look in the wheel well behind the front wheel. Its black, there is no mud. That mud did not come off the wheels. Like i said in my last post, i have seen a lot of muddy vehicles (and spent hours cleaning them), and i have never seen anything like that. Its a sham. More fake evidence.

If you make it larger, the wheel cover is dirty- and looks like mud in spokes..

Attachments

• JR_Van.jpg
    JR_Van.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 55
I wanted a closer look at the mud on the van, so i put the picture in my files and selected open with Paint! Then i used the magnifier +- thing and brought it up larger. The wheel wells are coated with mud but look black with the shadowing of the tire. There is a large clump of grassy mud with grass strands hanging off the bottom of the wheel well by the front fender. That tells me from my experience with driving front wheel drive vehicles, that it was driven in a field road or a field and it spun out on the grass, tearing up pieces of dead grass. The mud on the sides is actually a lot thicker than it looks when you enlarge the picture. Anyone else can do the same thing to enlarge this photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc