Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wonder about GR girlfriends before Jennifer. What would they say about his personality etc.? Also are they all still alive? Were there any other affairs with people who would know additional information?

GR and Jennifer met at SUNY New Paltz in 1994 when he was 19 and she was 18, and they were married in 1999. That wouldn't have left much time for GR to have many girlfriends prior to Jennifer. Maybe high school girlfriends in Yonkers? Maybe time for one other girlfriend at SUNY before dating Jennifer?

GR and Jennifer met at SUNY New Paltz in 1994 when he was 19 and she was 18, and they were married in 1999. That wouldn't have left much time for GR to have many girlfriends prior to Jennifer. Maybe high school girlfriends in Yonkers? Maybe time for one other girlfriend at SUNY before dating Jennifer?

Or after marrying her:banghead:

I did spot a question on a New Berlin forum asking for advice, back in 2011. Someone knew their friend's husband was a serial adulterer and wanted to know if they should tell her. It did briefly cross my mind to wonder who they could be talking about. No way to tell though.

This is just a little nib (news in brief) from a radio station, about the arrest.

But look at the 'whoah!' That reporter is shocked.

That does suggest to me that many people who didn't read here, or the Daily Star, really did get the impression that there wasn't anything too suspicious about the circumstances of Jennifer's disappearance.

http://981thehawk.com/jennifer-ramsarans-husband-charged-with-her-murder/

But the imports are coming in via West Palm Beach....where...as I recall...the Ramsarans of New York have some sort of property or business.

Ooops...correction. Ramsaran property in Florida is Palm Bay, not Palm Beach. West Palm Beach is down by Miami, but Palm Bay is further north.

Also property in Fort Myers area (on southern west coast) -- haven't found anything in West Palm Beach/Miami area to suggest that the Ganesh Ramsaran imports there are the same Ramsaran.

BBM

Do we know that IBM has dismissed GR from his job? Just thinking through the chain of events...

If they haven't (yet) dismissed him, and he gets out of jail on bond, would he be permitted to continue his employment? Or do they have some sort of policy regarding accused murderers? Especially accused murderers who tried to use their IBM job as an alibi?

If IBM has (or will) dismiss him...and I suppose IBM doesn't even need to give any sort of compensation package in such situations...he'll be in serious financial distress. I believe our sleuthing revealed that he was in some financial stress even before killing Jennifer (a possible motive). Appeared to be some unpaid debts, a recent judgment, and most likely no savings.

If he's in serious financial distress, he won't be able to pay his mortgage. Maybe couldn't even keep up with the utility and food bills. Maybe would have to move in with his parents (would that be allowed -- they're in state but a different county??).

I would think he is on paid leave. I doubt they would have dismissed the husband of a murder victim before any charges were made, and I would have thought it would be unfair dismissal to send him packing before a verdict is delivered?

I don't know US employment laws though. I would think his company would try and avoid doing anything until after the trial, unless there is a big public outcry or something.

That 'IBM worker' bit right in the headline - it makes me think there might be some kind of back story there. Seems a bit of an odd thing to put in a headline.

Ooops...correction. Ramsaran property in Florida is Palm Bay, not Palm Beach. West Palm Beach is down by Miami, but Palm Bay is further north.

Also property in Fort Myers area (on southern west coast) -- haven't found anything in West Palm Beach/Miami area to suggest that the Ganesh Ramsaran imports there are the same Ramsaran.

I have that property and I was sure there was another one, but I can't find it now.

ETA: If it's the one that is just a little bit of industrial land, that is.

ETA: For heaven's sake, ignore me. You just said above what the two are. They're the same ones I have.

BBM

I would think he is on paid leave. I doubt they would have dismissed the husband of a murder victim before any charges were made, and I would have thought it would be unfair dismissal to send him packing before a verdict is delivered?

I don't know US employment laws though. I would think his company would try and avoid doing anything until after the trial, unless there is a big public outcry or something.

That 'IBM worker' bit right in the headline - it makes me think there might be some kind of back story there. Seems a bit of an odd thing to put in a headline.

I don't think there's any U.S. employment laws that have to do with retaining one's job after being accused of a crime. I can think of several examples where the person was fired immediately, even when later cleared of the crime.

I also don't know IBM's policy for paid leave. But I would think there's a limit...to the tune of maybe a week up to a month. If he remains in jail, I suppose it's a mute point -- if he's unable to do his job, IBM will have no choice but to replace him.

I spent all day outside,(even in a little rain) planting Jennifer's garden

I went to the flea market & got the most beautiful purple flowers=LOTS OF THEM

Her garden is a huge circle in my front yard

Looks beautiful!!

Did some checking, and, it varies depending on one's work unit and years of service, but typically, IBM employees would get 3 weeks paid vacation time each year, and 10 days of personal leave time per year. Not sure if IBM has a policy regarding whether an employee can apply vacation and personal leave time to incarceration and court appearance, when accused of a violent crime of murder (IBM, of course, has to consider the safety of other employees and clients, not to mention its own reputation).

However, NY state law stipulates:
Discharge for extended absence due to incarceration for a crime committed by the claimant even though outside the course of employment is a loss of employment due to misconduct because the absence was caused by claimant's own actions and violated a reasonable condition of employment-regular and punctual attendance. (A.B. 365,575; A-750-1971)

Discharge because of absenteeism caused by court appearances resulting from claimant's arrest for an offense committed outside the course of employment is misconduct, if the claimant ultimately is convicted of the offense, since the absence is a result of claimant's own act and not from circumstances beyond his control. (A.B. 400,973; A-750-2031)

A claimant's off duty act, in disregard of standards of behavior which an employer has a right to expect of its employees, is "in connection with" employment within the meaning of Section 593.3 (misconduct) and Section 593.4 (criminal acts) of the Labor Law.

http://www.labor.state.ny.us/ui/aso/Section_1100.htm#1110

I can't immediately see where Ganesh will get the money to put up bail or fund an expensive lawyer. Or where others close to him might be able to raise the money through property etc.

I'm wondering if there is anything that can be done to protect Jennifer's half of her estate and any other assets, so they can't be used up paying attorney fees. Surely it must be possible to protect assets, or put them on some sort of 'hold' in cases like this. People aren't allowed to profit from their crimes, so if he is found guilty, Ganesh won't be entitled to anything of Jennifer's - though I guess his half will still be his.

I'm thinking of any credit card debts or anything he has been running up too. I hope Jennifer's part of the estate won't be liable for repaying them too.

I spent all day outside,(even in a little rain) planting Jennifer's garden

I went to the flea market & got the most beautiful purple flowers=LOTS OF THEM

Her garden is a huge circle in my front yard

Looks beautiful!!

How lovely. I do hope you can take a photo and post it here!!

Ah, I just checked and in England at least, credit card debt is with an individual and can't be transferred to another family member. And even if a joint credit card was being used recently to fund Ganesh's living costs, Jennifer couldn't possibly be liable for debts incurred after she had passed away. That's something, at least. Hope this applies in the US too.

I think at this stage Ganesh and his attorney are going to be wishing heartily that certain of his supporters will go quiet. I had presumed they would fall silent now, at last. Doesn't look like it's going to happen though. It will drive Ganesh crazy and cause him a lot of stress and worry, I think, about what might be coming out next.

Now he'll know how other people have felt for all these months.

I keep thinking about how awful it must have been for Jennifers' parents, knowing their grandchildren had to stay there with him. Exposing them to additional mental trauma. I bet there was alot of sleepless nights worrying about them.
I also think about how ES's parents and family must feel (felt). I don't know if I'm allowed to say any more on that.
Just found this awesome news.
The children are my biggest concern...being a Guardian Ad Litem in the state of Florida....I am praying that New York has a similar program which will give the minor children a voice in what is going to be the most difficult time of their young lives........losing their mother is such a horrific. Manner. Then having to deal on with the fact that they have been living with and influenced by the. Father whose very hands took their mother's life.... So very heart breaking.
Is there going to Be court appointed advocate??????Dear God...Thank you for Justice for Jennifer and Bless Her Children..Parents .& Sister!

tumblr_meydjiDofs1r1mkubo1_500.gif

tic tock tic tock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members