Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Tuesday morning, beginning of the working day here now. I've got a long wait. It's hours until it's morning in NY. I haven't wished time away so hard since math lessons at school, years and years ago!

Hoping that tomorrow bail will be revoked or at the very least, increased substantially. Ridiculous that it was so low to begin with for such a serious charge.

:please:

We will be waiting up for a full report - thanks - :rockon:

Hoping that tomorrow bail will be revoked or at the very least, increased substantially. Ridiculous that it was so low to begin with for such a serious charge.

:please:

I was looking over bail that was set in recent years for murders and other serious crimes in Chenango County, and they all seemed rather low (except for the $1 million bail that was set for someone on a drug charge last year). But I doubt that the other defendants had the international connections, Dutch passport, expanded drivers license, or the financial reserves (through extended family) that GR has.

And I doubt that they were living next door to their victims.

Please!! Jillian and/or whoever else attends the hearing, please post here as soon as you can!!

:praying::praying::praying: for :justice:

Not a comprehensive list -- just some I was able to round up

Sometimes, high bail is charged for crimes other than murder

$1 million cash bail - Nov. 2, 2012 Barry Rattley, for failure to appear on charges of third degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and fifth degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class D felony

$1 million cash bail – July 22, 2010 Lewis Lee, charges of rape, criminal sexual act, custodial interference and contempt

$1 million cash bail – July 22, 2010 Michael Smith and Robert Gallo, charges of Conspiracy 2nd degree, a Class “B” felony (in relation to a drug investigation) (Judge must have been on a roll on July 22)

But for murder….

$50,000 – March 14, 2008 Josh Story (killed his friend Richard Kallin after an argument)

In Jail with NO bail – August 16, 2007 George Ford (2nd degree murder – ran over his baby-sitter) (convicted)

$50,000 – August 2007 Robert Reynolds (murder of Richheimer, a witness in a federal trial)(others involved in this same murder were given $100,000 bail) (note: Robert Reynolds was arrested again last month for a drug charge, and again charged $50,000 bail)

Not a comprehensive list -- just some I was able to round up

Sometimes, high bail is charged for crimes other than murder

$1 million cash bail - Nov. 2, 2012 Barry Rattley, for failure to appear on charges of third degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class B felony, and fifth degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class D felony

$1 million cash bail – July 22, 2010 Lewis Lee, charges of rape, criminal sexual act, custodial interference and contempt

$1 million cash bail – July 22, 2010 Michael Smith and Robert Gallo, charges of Conspiracy 2nd degree, a Class “B” felony (in relation to a drug investigation) (Judge must have been on a roll on July 22)

But for murder….

$50,000 – March 14, 2008 Josh Story (killed his friend Richard Kallin after an argument)

In Jail with NO bail – August 16, 2007 George Ford (2nd degree murder – ran over his baby-sitter) (convicted)

$50,000 – August 2007 Robert Reynolds (murder of Richheimer, a witness in a federal trial)(others involved in this same murder were given $100,000 bail) (note: Robert Reynolds was arrested again last month for a drug charge, and again charged $50,000 bail)

The majority were not rulings by Judge Revoir - I think we need to note this and hope that he has learnt his lesson.

I've been digging my garden - a repetitive but hard job that takes my mind off waiting. I hope we get some news before I completely wreck it.

Does anyone know if there is a local radio station which would be likely to run the news straight away?

About 15 minutes to starting time ...........can't wait

The majority were not rulings by Judge Revoir - I think we need to note this and hope that he has learnt his lesson.

That's right -- he just took office in...October? November? So...he wouldn't have ruled on any of them except maybe the Rattley case...(the article I read didn't name the judge on that one). Possible he may have been the defense attorney on some of the cases.

I was just noting precedent in Chenango county.

As far as I could find, Wlasiuk (or however you spell his name) who killed his wife never got bail...but I might be mistaken. It was kind of hard tracking all 3 trials.

George Ford didn't get bail...maybe because he was from out of the county? Or maybe because his wife was an important witness?

I am sooooo looking forward to the reports from the J4J peeps attending the trial today!

TIA...:seeya:

Does anyone know if there is a local radio station which would be likely to run the news straight away?

They might, but we'd have to figure out how to listen from here!

Keep tabs on twitter on Evening Sun and WBNG -- they might put something up.

Also, J4J.

ETA: Ashley Biviano (Eve Sun) was the one that first twittered about GR posting bail...and she's got a photo of him doing the perp walk on her twitter page...

Courtesy of Matt Porter, WBNG :rockon: (thanks Matt!! We're staying tuned!) My...that is a small courtroom...someone doesn't have their hair all gelled up this morning...
picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member