Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he used one of her medications, I would think the Skelaxin would be the one used over Cybalta since it would cause her to be very drowsy and eventually lead to respiratory failure being a muscle relaxant. She was also dealing with a respiratory infection around that time so it's possible that could enhance its effects and/or there were additional prescriptions she was given. JMO

I am curious however and maybe one of you can explain to me the differences - but I am under the impression that if GR premeditated this - wouldn't he be charged with first degree rather than second? Sorry I'm not well versed on the criteria of criminal charges.

Thanks, Magiefeu -- that's helpful. I hadn't gotten around to researching Skelaxin back in April, so will take a look at that one. And yes, good to know about respiratory infection -- she may have been taking some OTC for that, or, as you mentioned -- maybe some additional prescriptions.

As Zweibel mentioned, the penal code in NY is a bit different.

First degree is for killing a uniformed officer, a judge, mass killing/terrorism, a hit-man killing, or murder that also involves torture, rape, etc.

Second degree is for:
1) murder with intent to kill, but killer was under extreme emotional disturbance
2) assisted suicide
3) with depraved indifference to human life, causes death through reckless conduct
4) unplanned killed of someone while in process of robbery, kidnapping, rape, etc.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm#p125.25

There doesn't really seem to be a category for cold and calculating premeditated murder of just one person that doesn't involve robbery or rape or torture.

Just curious -- did you decide to pursue getting verified insider status?

Maybe. I can't view it from here or direct on you tube. It seems odd to me that someone would make a video like that and limit viewability to people with a fb account.

Yet another little mystery.

ETA: I'm so suspicious I went through an anonymous browser to try and see it that way! Still couldn't, but at least I know now it wasn't just me being blocked. So it must be the facebook thing. I still find it a strange thing to do though.

I did a little experiment, and went on my husband's computer (he doesn't have a FB account), and was able to get it through youtube. So...I don't think it's related to that...I honestly don't think Ms. Foos had any ulterior motives of excluding certain people from viewing the video.

Are you trying to access with your tablet? Or phone? Can you access other youtube videos with either of those? Can you access any of the other videos on Jennifier (LNM)?

Now you have me wondering again because I can view other videos on this, including the LNM one.

ETA; it's an ipad. I'll try on another computer later, see what happens.

I wonder if GR's deletions of Jennifer's postings had another motive, besides spite? If she maybe had posted somewhere about where they had travelled to, and unknowingly revealed info he later didn't want known, because that is where he planned to start his new life?

Does anyone remember ever seeing anything by Jennifer about her honeymoon destination or family trips abroad?

Thanks, Magiefeu -- that's helpful. I hadn't gotten around to researching Skelaxin back in April, so will take a look at that one. And yes, good to know about respiratory infection -- she may have been taking some OTC for that, or, as you mentioned -- maybe some additional prescriptions.

As Zweibel mentioned, the penal code in NY is a bit different.

First degree is for killing a uniformed officer, a judge, mass killing/terrorism, a hit-man killing, or murder that also involves torture, rape, etc.

Second degree is for:
1) murder with intent to kill, but killer was under extreme emotional disturbance
2) assisted suicide
3) with depraved indifference to human life, causes death through reckless conduct
4) unplanned killed of someone while in process of robbery, kidnapping, rape, etc.

http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article125.htm#p125.25

There doesn't really seem to be a category for cold and calculating premeditated murder of just one person that doesn't involve robbery or rape or torture.

Just curious -- did you decide to pursue getting verified insider status?

Thanks for the info! It does seem to list everything but what you said doesn't it? It sure does clear things up and I appreciate you posting it

Regarding being verified... I have looked into it some, but didn't feel the time was right. Maybe I will revisit it again with now however.

There is an old saying about not shooting the messenger.....quite why Joe should be criticised for doing his job, I don't know. As for the 'lynch mob'; a less likely looking lynch mob would be hard to find. It's a laughable allegation.

How peculiar that some people seem to have an issue with others seeking justice through due process of the law.

There is an old saying about not shooting the messenger.....quite why Joe should be criticised for doing his job, I don't know. As for the 'lynch mob'; a less likely looking lynch mob would be hard to find. It's a laughable allegation.

How peculiar that some people seem to have an issue with others seeking justice through due process of the law.

Indeed. It seems the one person is more concerned with GR's "rights" than Jennifer's right to the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Or the rights of Jennifer's children and parents to protection from her accused murderer (Federal Victims Right Act). He seems to believe that holding GR in jail is a violation of his rights. Quite a distorted view of justice.

Indeed. It seems the one person is more concerned with GR's "rights" than Jennifer's right to the pursuit of life, liberty and happiness. Or the rights of Jennifer's children and parents to protection from her accused murderer (Federal Victims Right Act). He seems to believe that holding GR in jail is a violation of his rights. Quite a distorted view of justice.

What are you guys referring to? Who's bashing Joe Mahoney?

The youtube link posted earlier that I couldn't view - it's not my ipad and nobody is picking on me. It's music publishing rights not being available in Germany.

It's okay anyway. The other video I viewed I found a little difficult to look at, anyway. GR was center stage in too many of the photos, imo.

Maybe. I can't view it from here or direct on you tube. It seems odd to me that someone would make a video like that and limit viewability to people with a fb account.

Yet another little mystery.

ETA: I'm so suspicious I went through an anonymous browser to try and see it that way! Still couldn't, but at least I know now it wasn't just me being blocked. So it must be the facebook thing. I still find it a strange thing to do though.

I can't watch it on here due to some sort of restriction on the rights but if I click the "watch here" I can watch it in Youtube. And it's got nothing to do with whether or not you have a Facebook account either as I'm not logged into Facebook or gmail.

I hope if anyone has a moment that they will continue to write notes of thanks in the comments section after the coverage. It would be a shame if the only comments were negative ones on the coverage rather than support for Jennifer :(.
I see some of you have already done so. I think Joe Mahoney needs our support. It is so hard to get coverage for the missing or deceased once the dust settles that I encourage everyone to write notes of thanks and positive feedback any chance you get to include media and facebook. Here is the DA facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Chenango-County-District-Attorneys-Office/482719641784152?fref=ts for feedback
Evening Sun http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/...-cash-following-Ramsarans-second-arraignment/

I have to tell you a little story. I think it would really have made Jennifer laugh.

I was so inspired by her homemaking skills, I decided that baking a cake would be a lovely way to mark Bob Harrod's birthday. I lack all of Jennifer's skills but that didn't occur to me until after I had said I would do it. I won't clog up this thread, but if anyone wants to see what happened, it's here.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

I will be posting a picture of the end result on Bob's thread tomorrow. My respect for all the things Jennifer did in her life has just trebled.

I hope if anyone has a moment that they will continue to write notes of thanks in the comments section after the coverage. It would be a shame if the only comments were negative ones on the coverage rather than support for Jennifer :(.
I see some of you have already done so.

:) not gonna have Joe knocked.

Anyone know if property owned outside the U.S. can be used for a bail bond?

I'm thinking not.

I have to tell you a little story. I think it would really have made Jennifer laugh.

I was so inspired by her homemaking skills, I decided that baking a cake would be a lovely way to mark Bob Harrod's birthday. I lack all of Jennifer's skills but that didn't occur to me until after I had said I would do it. I won't clog up this thread, but if anyone wants to see what happened, it's here.
Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CA CA - Bob Harrod, 81, Orange County, 27 July 2009 - #15

I will be posting a picture of the end result on Bob's thread tomorrow. My respect for all the things Jennifer did in her life has just trebled.

Zwiebel- that is so lovely! I'm sure Jennifer would laugh her head off! Tomorrow, (or tonight), I'm going to sit down and start reading about Bob, you are a true inspiration! (The people at WS just rock!)

Anyone know if property owned outside the U.S. can be used for a bail bond?

I'm thinking not.

Can't find anything specific for NY - but Missouri requires the property to be located in Missouri and they cannot use their own property:

http://www.stlouisco.com/YourGovernment/CountyDepartments/JusticeServices/Bonds

Property Bonds involve the posting of real estate located in the State of Missouri in order to secure the release of the arrested party. An arrested party may not use his or her own property

The general rule seems to be that the property will need to be of at least twice the value of the bail needed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bail#Forms_2
Property Bond - the accused or a person acting on his behalf pledges real property having a value at least equal to the amount of the bail. If the principal fails to appear for trial the state can levy or institute foreclosure proceedings against the property to recover the bail. Used in rare cases and in certain jurisdictions. Often, the equity of the property must be twice the amount of the bail set.[30]

Still looking.................:drumroll:

This gives a bit more info, it doesn't exclude overseas property. It does specify that the value has to be certified by a 'state certified general real estate appraiser' - and I doubt they would certify property outside their general area of expertise.

(ii) the value of the property as indicated in a certified appraisal
report submitted by a state certified general real estate appraiser duly
licensed by the department of state as provided in section one hundred
sixty-j of the executive law, and by deducting from the appraised value
the total amount of any liens or other encumbrances upon such property.

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$CPL500.10$$@TXCPL0500.10+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=48864010+&TARGET=VIEW

Don't know why this isn't showing as a link - you will have to copy and paste

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member