Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is totally OT and no longer even relevant...but a man who is charged with having sex with a dog :( has bail of $80K in Illinois. He did not kill the dog (although what he did is bad enough and makes me ill.) just comparing GR's initial bail for murdering his wife.

I should say..."allegedly"...

This is totally OT and no longer even relevant...but a man who is charged with having sex with a dog :( has bail of $80K in Illinois. He did not kill the dog (although what he did is bad enough and makes me ill.) just comparing GR's initial bail for murdering his wife.

No words for this one. What a sicko!!!

In NY, is previous good/bad character taken into account when deciding bail, or is it just the flight risk, and seriousness of the alleged crime?

In NY, is previous good/bad character taken into account when deciding bail, or is it just the flight risk, and seriousness of the alleged crime?

Bad character? Like going through your wifes closet weeks after you have allegedly killed her and dumped her body and alerting the media as to more fabricated reasons she ran away? I hope so.

Prior record/arrests are taken into account. Someone's character will most likely get brought in for the trial especially his odd behavior around his wife's disappearance. For bail the good/bad character would be looked at as a matter of opinion not fact.

Prior arrests/convictions would be taken into account, I think, but general detestable behavior that isn't exactly illegal would not. Good behavior - in terms of long-term employment, owning a house, being involved in community would apply to flight risk.

BTW, speaking of bad behavior, seems some of the J4J signs that people are putting up in their yards and on their property along Hwy 23 are being stolen.

And apparently someone still has issues maintaining monogamy (see comment by LR)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Jennifer-Ramsaran/485680108145366

Prior arrests/convictions would be taken into account, I think, but general detestable behavior that isn't exactly illegal would not. Good behavior - in terms of long-term employment, owning a house, being involved in community would apply to flight risk.

BTW, speaking of bad behavior, seems some of the J4J signs that people are putting up in their yards and on their property along Hwy 23 are being stolen.

And apparently someone still has issues maintaining monogamy (see comment by LR)
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justice-for-Jennifer-Ramsaran/485680108145366

That fb post didn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know what happens now … GR is committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife Jennifer, he is no doubt scrambling/begging/pleading for funds for his increased bail … but when is his trial date scheduled, who schedules it, how is it scheduled?

Here in Australia a date would have been set at his arraignment for the continuation of trial proceedings, so I’m wondering how it works in the state of New York.

Did I miss something that explained this already? Or did I miss a trial date somewhere? :waitasec:

Does anyone know what happens now … GR is committed to stand trial for the murder of his wife Jennifer, he is no doubt scrambling/begging/pleading for funds for his increased bail … but when is his trial date scheduled, who schedules it, how is it scheduled?

Here in Australia a date would have been set at his arraignment for the continuation of trial proceedings, so I’m wondering how it works in the state of New York.

Did I miss something that explained this already? Or did I miss a trial date somewhere? :waitasec:

As far as I know, a trial date hasn't yet been set. It will probably be at least a year from now. I don't know the specifics of who and how the scheduling is done, but in other cases like this, a trial date wasn't announced immediately.

I looked a bit further, and New York State has a 'right to a speedy trial' ruling that states ...

' THE NEW YORK STATE RULE

Criminal Procedure Law Section 30.30 is the statute in New York that sets the legal time limit in regard to speedy trials. While exceptions do exist, the general rule designates the allowable time that a prosecutor has to be ready for trial from the time of arraignment, as follows: (a) six months for a Felony; ... '

BUT .. the court or the defense attorney can ask for repeated adjournments ..

'This statute specifically governs the prosecutor's time limit for trial readiness. If the adjournment is at the request of the court or the defense attorney, no time is charged to the prosecutor. The prosecutor's clock is essentially put on hold any time that the adjournment is not at his or her request. '

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/speedy-trial-in-new-york-state

Also, the judge who is scheduled to hear the case is the one who sets the trial date apparently.

I looked a bit further, and New York State has a 'right to a speedy trial' ruling that states ...

' THE NEW YORK STATE RULE

Criminal Procedure Law Section 30.30 is the statute in New York that sets the legal time limit in regard to speedy trials. While exceptions do exist, the general rule designates the allowable time that a prosecutor has to be ready for trial from the time of arraignment, as follows: (a) six months for a Felony; ... '

BUT .. the court or the defense attorney can ask for repeated adjournments ..

'This statute specifically governs the prosecutor's time limit for trial readiness. If the adjournment is at the request of the court or the defense attorney, no time is charged to the prosecutor. The prosecutor's clock is essentially put on hold any time that the adjournment is not at his or her request. '

http://www.avvo.com/legal-guides/ugc/speedy-trial-in-new-york-state

Also, the judge who is scheduled to hear the case is the one who sets the trial date apparently.

The sooner he can get locked up permanently, the better. Sounds like the DA has enough evidence.

Seems someone other than ES is visiting GR in jail -- kissing involved -- another girlfriend?

Do you know what? I like that. Jennifer is above and beyond being touched by this sort of thing now, but if it's true, it shows he just can't stop himself.

Only someone totally lacking the insight to see themselves through others' eyes would behave like that with a murder trial coming up. I would have thought, if he was capable of it, GR's behaviour would have been impeccable from now on. This tells me it's a fundamental part of his personality and he couldn't change if he wanted to.

It's laughable because he's paying an attorney who's working hard to do damage control, yet seems to be making more work for him. If it's GR supporters removing the signs that won't look good either.

He's going to come over like Drew Peterson at his trial.

BBM

I would make sure to talk to former girlfriends, mistresses, etc. in these areas also.

I wonder how much of the truth and control the DT will actually get from their client.

Bumping this post because I think maybe this is now especially relevant?

Now that GR has been indicted and Justice for Jennifer Ramsaran is hopefully, just over the horizon. Ironically, there is a recent missing person case; Holly Fischer(39)(NC), that was in the midst of a divorce, left her father's house on Memorial Day enroute to her home in NC, and vanished...
There are many parallels to JR's case, imo, with the exception of an immediate outpouring of community support and ms media coverage.
The participation and input of the JFJR WS Team would be deeply appreciated...

TN/NC - Holly Fischer, 39, Newport TN to Charlotte NC, 27 May 2013
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210861&page=10&highlight=holly+fischer

Sadly, she has been found dead. Her car went off the road and down into a ravine. Fortunately, the community banded together with friends and family to search and search and search, and finally one guy on a motorcycle noticed tire tracks going off the side of the road.

Friends & community members were told not to search for Jennifer. Leave it up to law enforcement. <Mod Snip>

Oh dear, just got a message from a young man who used to work for my husband that his friend has gone missing -- Greg Staudinger -- young single fellow -- now missing for over 24 hours - supposed to have left for Chicago (from Kentucky where he is in seminary) on Sunday, but car still there, along with key, wallet and cell phone. Hung out with friends on Saturday night, but apparently not seen since.

Sadly, she has been found dead. Her car went off the road and down into a ravine. Fortunately, the community banded together with friends and family to search and search and search, and finally one guy on a motorcycle noticed tire tracks going off the side of the road.

Friends & community members were told not to search for Jennifer. Leave it up to law enforcement. <Mod Snip>

Oh dear, just got a message from a young man who used to work for my husband that his friend has gone missing -- Greg Staudinger -- young single fellow -- now missing for over 24 hours - supposed to have left for Chicago (from Kentucky where he is in seminary) on Sunday, but car still there, along with key, wallet and cell phone. Hung out with friends on Saturday night, but apparently not seen since.

Where are you seeking this? I'd think that CCSO would be interested in this information if you have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerinska