CONVICTION OVERTURNED NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - #15

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the sentence will be?

Murder in the 2nd degree is a class A-1 felony in NYS (as is 1st degree) http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/a1felonies.htm

GR has no previous record. Murder 2 (with no prior record) carries a minimum sentence of 15 to 25 years, with a maximum of life http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article70.htm#p70.00

So, I suppose it's up to Judge Revoir to decide where GR will be out in his mid-50's, or if he'll be a guest of the state for the rest of his life.

I'm sure the defense will argue his lack of prior record, and that he was an upstanding citizen with a good job, nice house, soccer coach, etc.

On the other hand, GR has shown absolutely no remorse --even continuing to debase his deceased wife on the stand -- as if blaming her for being murdered.

And, his demeanor in court has been appalling -- disrespectful to counsel and the judge (reprimanded harshly by judge for smart-aleck comments; even chastised by his own attorney), constantly contradicted himself on the stand, diminished the dignity of the court -- this lack of respect for the court (and, by implication, the law) and lack of impulse control will cast GR in a poor light -- as one who feels himself above the law, and thus a potential 2nd offender -- and will hurt his chances of a lighter sentence.

Wonder what the sentence will be?

Murder in the 2nd degree is a class A-1 felony in NYS (as is 1st degree) http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/a1felonies.htm

GR has no previous record. Murder 2 (with no prior record) carries a minimum sentence of 15 to 25 years, with a maximum of life http://ypdcrime.com/penal.law/article70.htm#p70.00

So, I suppose it's up to Judge Revoir to decide where GR will be out in his mid-50's, or if he'll be a guest of the state for the rest of his life.

I'm sure the defense will argue his lack of prior record, and that he was an upstanding citizen with a good job, nice house, soccer coach, etc.

On the other hand, GR has shown absolutely no remorse --even continuing to debase his deceased wife on the stand -- as if blaming her for being murdered.

And, his demeanor in court has been appalling -- disrespectful to counsel and the judge (reprimanded harshly by judge for smart-aleck comments; even chastised by his own attorney), constantly contradicted himself on the stand, diminished the dignity of the court -- this lack of respect for the court (and, by implication, the law) and lack of impulse control will cast GR in a poor light -- as one who feels himself above the law, and thus a potential 2nd offender -- and will hurt his chances of a lighter sentence.

BBM1:

This will certainly come into play...However, the reality that Remy was convicted of murdering the Mother of his own three relatively young children, permanently depriving them not only of their Mother, but also depriving their three children of their own Father being able to raise them, will come into play IMO.

In essence, he left his children with no parents. It was beyond cruel to do this to his own children, let alone his wife.

This ^^ will offset, the 15 to life he may have received imo.

BBM2:

He would be a danger to any female he becomes involved with if they wish to leave the relationship with him IMO. Otherwise, I don't see him as re-offending, esp Murder.

My guess: 20 to Life

I think we should forward a copy of the following transcript over to the judge in GR's case. Only the names and a few of the circumstances would need to be changed. However, I don't think the last few paragraphs would need changing at all.

Your shameful conduct after murdering Allison bespeaks a profound absence of remorse.

You have insinuated that mental illness may have led to drug overdose or suicide. And besmirching Allison's memory in that way is thoroughly reprehensible.

You have no criminal history. But you are definitely not of good character. You are given to lies and other deception: so much so that whatever you may say on any application for parole, 15 years or more hence, will need to be assessed with considerable scepticism.

The community, acting through the Court, denounces your lethal violence.

The impact on Allison's family have been grave. Their victim impact statements poignantly express their pain. You took a devoted, loving mother from her three girls, blighting their lives.

The law provides but one penalty for your awful crime.

I impose it.

You are sentenced to imprisonment for life.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-...ilty-of-killing-wife-allison/5548628#sentence

Oh well, I spent a while reading the (former?) journalist's blog - because surely a journalist who sat on a story like that for all this time, has found a new career?

All I have to say, as a retired journalist and editor: maybe blogs aren't his forte either. And as for the 'golden' answer to the 'golden' question that if Remy didn't do it, who did? it's obvious.

That would be you sir.

Luckily, we already know who murdered Jen, so we can safely ignore all the suspicions such a silly piece of writing might have aroused.

Ramsaran managed to paint a picture of Jennifer in any way he chose, to gullible people. It did not ever work with me though, and the majority of our posters here. And she is absolutely off-limits now. People should just stop with the Remy-presented versions of Jennifer, for heaven's sake.

Artist, dedicated wife, mom, daughter and sister. Funny, quirky, creative and loyal. Who suffered the worst betrayal at the hands of those she cared for most. And then death, and more betrayal.

Remy's versions of her should be relegated to the garbage, where they always belonged.

Which prison? :jail:
I believe placement decisions often take into consideration the distance of incarcerated parents from their minor children. But, I rather doubt that GR will be able to receive visits from his children, as the murderer of their mother. So, I suppose he could be placed just about anywhere. Maximum security, I suppose, as a murderer. (That will be quite a change from Chenango County jail, which has few violent offenders.) Maybe medium security, eventually, as he'll probably behave himself, but I'm guessing maximum security in the beginning. So, he could be a guest at:
Attica
Auburn
Clinton (in Dannemora)
Coxsackie
Downstate (Fishkill)
Eastern (Napanoch)
Elmira
Five Points (Romulus)
Green Haven (Stormville)
Shawangunk (Wallkill)
Sing Sing (Ossining)
Southport (Pine City)
Upstate (Malone)
Wende (Alden)

Which prison? :jail:
I believe placement decisions often take into consideration the distance of incarcerated parents from their minor children. But, I rather doubt that GR will be able to receive visits from his children, as the murderer of their mother. So, I suppose he could be placed just about anywhere. Maximum security, I suppose, as a murderer. (That will be quite a change from Chenango County jail, which has few violent offenders.) Maybe medium security, eventually, as he'll probably behave himself, but I'm guessing maximum security in the beginning. So, he could be a guest at:
Attica
Auburn
Clinton (in Dannemora)
Coxsackie
Downstate (Fishkill)
Eastern (Napanoch)
Elmira
Five Points (Romulus)
Green Haven (Stormville)
Shawangunk (Wallkill)
Sing Sing (Ossining)
Southport (Pine City)
Upstate (Malone)
Wende (Alden)

<BBM for Focus>

Sing Sing is the prison that added phrases like "Up the river" and "The Big House" to our lexicon.. Two hundred years old Sing Sing means 'Rock on Rock'.. The inmates quarried the granite rocks and assisted in building the original prison.. Seems, fitting for Remy Ramsaran to be housed there to create new Remyisms in his newly found spare time. Guess, 'It is what it is', huh?....

Sing Sing Prison
http://www.pbase.com/kjosker/sing_sing&page=all

<BBM for Focus>

Sing Sing is the prison that added phrases like "Up the river" and "The Big House" to our lexicon.. Two hundred years old Sing Sing means 'Rock on Rock'.. The inmates quarried the granite rocks and assisted in building the original prison.. Seems, fitting for Remy Ramsaran to be housed there to create new Remyisms in his newly found spare time. Guess, 'It is what it is', huh?....

Sing Sing Prison
http://www.pbase.com/kjosker/sing_sing&page=all

Ha ha! Fitting indeed!
attachment.php

Watch Dateline on 10/31 @8:00pm!

I was so excited to see that Jennifer's case will be on Dateline next week. Looking forward to watching.

Watch Dateline on 10/31 @8:00pm!

That will be the day he's sentenced! I guess they'll wrap up the show with that part. Dang! I don't have TV -- one of the few times I wish I had it!!

Remy's sentencing has been postponed to Monday, Nov. 3, 2014. This is per Justice for Jennifer's fb page. This info has been posted on the Chenango County District Attorney's fb page as well.

Remy's sentencing has been postponed to Monday, Nov. 3, 2014. This is per Justice for Jennifer's fb page. This info has been posted on the Chenango County District Attorney's fb page as well.

I wonder if that'll change the Dateline program date as well?

Delayed? Ugh.

At least it's not by too long though. If dateline airs before, I hope someone can post their thoughts on it, as I won't be able to watch either.

We had a terrible tragedy in Chenango County last weekend. A 26 y/o was murdered and his father wounded by a retired nycpd officer in a road rage incident. Not sure if that has anything to do with this postponment but it wouldn't surprise me.

Chenango County District Attorney's Office's status. 2 hours ago.Again another change!
On this date our office was notified that Ganesh Ramsaran's sentencing has been adjourned from 11/03/2014 to Monday, 12/01/2014 at 2:00 PM at the Chenango County Courthouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay