Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is why it is weird that LE is worried about evidence being contaminated; I mean, they should know by now if she had made any actual plans to meet someone, even if it seemed to be a vague plan. So if this is the case, what evidence would be out there to contaminate? And if not the case, searching needs to be done.

I agree completely. 7 weeks seems PLENTY long enough to have tracked down anyone she was talking to and figure out if she's with them, or was planning to be with them. Then again (ugh, my mind keeps playing devil's advocate), I read somewhere that LE is limited in obtaining search warrants for phone and internet records if there's no evidence that a crime has been committed, b/c it basically violates the privacy of the adult individual who has every right to disappear themself. (I posted a link about that a while back). Is that what the holdup has been about the phone records? If they did have a hard time getting warrants, then maybe they don't know yet everyone who she's been talking to.

Regardless, I think 99% of us agree that a search NEEDS to be done.

I agree completely. 7 weeks seems PLENTY long enough to have tracked down anyone she was talking to and figure out if she's with them, or was planning to be with them. Then again (ugh, my mind keeps playing devil's advocate), I read somewhere that LE is limited in obtaining search warrants for phone and internet records if there's no evidence that a crime has been committed, b/c it basically violates the privacy of the adult individual who has every right to disappear themself. (I posted a link about that a while back). Is that what the holdup has been about the phone records? If they did have a hard time getting warrants, then maybe they don't know yet everyone who she's been talking to.

Regardless, I think 99% of us agree that a search NEEDS to be done.

I know, it is confusing about the privacy issues. We almost always see LE carting away computers when they do a search though. They would not take them if they could not examine them, would they?

I know, it is confusing about the privacy issues. We almost always see LE carting away computers when they do a search though. They would not take them if they could not examine them, would they?

Hmm, good point!!! I wonder if they're allowed to examine the actual computers/phones, but have to get warrants in order to get records from phone companies and internet providers (to check phone records, online accounts, that sort of thing). I really don't know, just guessing.

But you're right, they could get a ton of information off of the computer itself - unless someone was savy enough to have deleted certain information to the extent that it couldn't be recovered, which would be extremely hard if not impossible to do (again, just guessing - not a computer expert!).

I wonder if they did find people she was talking to, if they'd then have to get warrants to check these people out, or if they would have free range to contact the people and see what they know. :waitasec:

We need a cop here to answer some questions for us!! :please:

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Police-Search-Around-Home-of-Missing-Woman-183965521.html

"Sheriff Ernie Cutting said they are executing search warrants for the 18 acre grounds, the home, cars, computers and phone records."

Does this mean that the search warrants were ready... and that by executing them they were able to obtain information from the computers and phones?

Or does it mean they were/are still in the process of getting legal approval to review computer and phone information?

:dunno:

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/Police-Search-Around-Home-of-Missing-Woman-183965521.html

"Sheriff Ernie Cutting said they are executing search warrants for the 18 acre grounds, the home, cars, computers and phone records."

Does this mean that the search warrants were ready... and that by executing them they were able to obtain information from the computers and phones?

Or does it mean they were/are still in the process of getting legal approval to review computer and phone information?

:dunno:

Well it should mean they are carrying out search warrants already obtained.

I haven't watched this whole thing in it's entirety yet, so I don't know who the guy doing the body language analysis is, but check out this video:

Why Do Killers Speak Out? My Body Language Analysis. The Behavioural Psychology of a Criminal. CJB - YouTube

There are clips of interviews/press conferences with Scott Peterson, Susan Smith, and Mark Hacking in the days after Laci, the kids, and Lori went missing. It's interesting to watch their demeanor and compare it to GR's in his interview.

Thanks so much for that video Krey. Very interesting

I have watched both interviews, and I think it's important that everyone watch both of them. I'm so happy that GR is finally doing interviews.
The reporting and editing is vastly different. One has reporters that seem very experienced, the other one not so much (sorry, trying to put it as politely as possible). The first one I watched was with the inexperienced reporters, and I was livid! The second one seemed to be edited much better.
Among all that everyone else has pointed out in regards to him making it sound like she ran off in the interview. I must comment on when he said "Forget about me, it's not fair to the children, and it's not fair to my in-laws". That isn't copied word for word, but as close as I remember. I must say that if he left out everything else to give the impression that she ran off, just this ONE statement would make me assume she ran off if I were the average viewer.
BUT, we don't know everything that was said that didn't make the final cut.....
I'm trying my hardest to stay neutral.

(BBM) I totally agree.

Thing is, I see a lot of comments in these videos that could be construed as GR thinking she ran away. What I don't see, are any comments that could be construed as him thinking anything else, aside from the reference to thinking the worst. For instance, no plea for anyone who might be holding her to let her go.

To me, if my spouse had been missing this long, even if I thought they might've started by running off, I'd be leaning more and more towards foul play - it seems like GR gets more and more certain she left on purpose. Which to me does especially contradict his statements in the opening week or two where he said he was sure she was dead.

(BBM) I totally agree.

Thing is, I see a lot of comments in these videos that could be construed as GR thinking she ran away. What I don't see, are any comments that could be construed as him thinking anything else, aside from the reference to thinking the worst. For instance, no plea for anyone who might be holding her to let her go.

To me, if my spouse had been missing this long, even if I thought they might've started by running off, I'd be leaning more and more towards foul play - it seems like GR gets more and more certain she left on purpose. Which to me does especially contradict his statements in the opening week or two where he said he was sure she was dead.

don't forget he said she would "never ever" leave.

I have 4 + DH; and they know better. I raised the girl from across the street. I've been in a classroom and watched the seemingly most mild mannered girl go completely bananas on a boy for this reason- sometimes they learn the hard way...

Let me answer this fast, because when you wrote this I was already in bed.
I respect you and your experience and indeed my husband would never dream to talk about my weight in any fashion either.
But I do know two "God's gift to women" too. They love themselves very much, can be very inconsiderate towards woman and would say things like that. Even their supposed compliments are inconsiderate because they have no emotional intelligence. None of them is single, so I saw and heard this with my own eyes and ears. Their women would never dare to say anything about it either.

Now I have to go again, sorry.

I can assure you that if you talk to 20 people many will not have even heard about it. We need the public.

I respectfully disagree with you - I am local - you are so wrong. I brought it up at the dentist yesterday and my dental assistant said, "I know, it is what everyone is talking about!"

I will agree with you on the "We need the public" and in regards to do SEARCHES!!!

In the one video, with GR picking up and holding the family picture at Knott's Berry Farm - GR states "That is how I will always remember her"

"ALWAYS???" - really - unless you know something we don't GR, what about all the FUTURE times when she comes home and remembering those future events... he said it with conviction too.

His body language says it all IMO!

Let me answer this fast, because when you wrote this I was already in bed.
I respect you and your experience and indeed my husband would never dream to talk about my weight in any fashion either.
But I do know two "God's gift to women" too. They love themselves very much, can be very inconsiderate towards woman and would say things like that. Even their supposed compliments are inconsiderate because they have no emotional intelligence. None of them is single, so I saw and heard this with my own eyes and ears. Their women would never dare to say anything about it either.

Now I have to go again, sorry.

Oh- I believe you- I was simply stating the fact that most men know NOT to go there. Seems another person feels he is god's gift too.

So do we know if LE has obtained the phone records?

Reading the below quote it would appear so.

January 4th, 2013

Authorities continue to wait for forensic results, including their analysis of cell phones and computers taken from the Ramsarans’ 473 Sheff Road home.

http://www.evesun.com/news/stories/2013-01-04/16576/New-details-emerge-in-case-of-missing-woman/

Updated: 1/29 7:32 pm

The Chenango County Sheriff's Office tells us this is still an active missing person investigation. They are following leads and waiting for forensic evidence to come back.

http://www.9wsyr.com/news/local/sto...-last-seen-family/x1cqAwpraECekUgC8AKBug.cspx

I believe his sadness is genuine. I often watch these videos several times with, and then without, volume. I don't think he meant to hurt her... MOO

FWIW I don't see any resemblance to the demeanor of Clint Heichel. I knew he wasn't guilty.

Another interview in The Daily Star this morning, which is not in the online edition yet. GR states, "I always cooperate, and I will never hire a lawyer, I've done nothing wrong." Asked if his wife was taking any medications, he said, "Let's not talk about medication." "The week before (the disappearance" she spent 300.00 on brand new clothes for herself, and got a new haircut the Friday before she sent missing," he said. " Repeating again, "There were lots of different changes." He answered a partial answer when asked if his wife every discussed leaving the household where the two have been raising three children. "Nothing like that, not with me," he said. "But apparently...on...yeah, not with me. I will leave it at that. I don't want to go anywhere like that." Sure sounds to me, he wants people to believe she left!

Another interview in The Daily Star this morning, which is not in the online edition yet. GR states, "I always cooperate, and I will never hire a lawyer, I've done nothing wrong." Asked if his wife was taking any medications, he said, "Let's not talk about medication." "The week before (the disappearance" she spent 300.00 on brand new clothes for herself, and got a new haircut the Friday before she sent missing," he said. " Repeating again, "There were lots of different changes." He answered a partial answer when asked if his wife every discussed leaving the household where the two have been raising three children. "Nothing like that, not with me," he said. "But apparently...on...yeah, not with me. I will leave it at that. I don't want to go anywhere like that." Sure sounds to me, he wants people to believe she left!

Here's the link: http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1525009601/Missing-womans-husband-speaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop