Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not able to view any piece of article.

Can you copy & paste anything pertinent?

Sorry, Epiphany. I posted the wrong link and didn't get it down in time.
Too many news article windows open at the same time on my computer.

:)

Also, a few locals in the article linked by Jillian are saying that there is no cell reception where the phone was found. Wondering if a local who has an iPhone could go to the spot and corroborate if the find iPhone app would work? I think this would be very telling.

Also, a few locals in the article linked by Jillian are saying that there is no cell reception where the phone was found. Wondering if a local who has an iPhone could go to the spot and corroborate if the find iPhone app would work? I think this would be very telling.

I think it would also depend on service. My husband has a work iphone with a different carrier than our personal iPhones-we get different coverage in different places, sometimes no coverage where the others is top notch. Just a heads up-but great idea!

I also believe that all only brings you to the general vicinity & not exact location of the phone, does anyone know for sure?

I have been trying to follow this for days. I'm glad i was able to join this forum. I have to put my thoughts into words then i will put another post up. I have lived in this area for years and i lived 17 years up by were the phone was found and many back roads that way we traveled many times. It is very easy and short routes you can take from phone location to apartment complex. Thanks for letting me join and hope i can help find jr.

:wagon: Nanasbabes! :welcome:

I am looking forward to your posts!

:seeya:

Just jumping off your post...

Could GR have "guided" JR's dad in the direction of where to find the car...

so that dad found it... But GR guided him so that GR, himself, wouldn't look like he miraculously found the phone AND the car?

:waitasec:

And... Interesting to note that the car and phone were discovered in PRIVATE, individual searches.. The type of searches that are so vehemently being blocked by some people surrounding JR?

Hmmm?

JMO

so that dad found it... But GR guided him so that GR, himself, wouldn't look like he miraculously found the phone AND the car?

And... Interesting to note that the car and phone were discovered in PRIVATE, individual searches.. The type of searches that are so vehemently being blocked by some people surrounding JR?

Hmmm?

JMO

Very interesting.....:waitasec:

I also believe that all only brings you to the general vicinity & not exact location of the phone, does anyone know for sure?

It depends on coverage but it can be extremely accurate- down to a few feet- in the right conditions.

For a fact, there is no Verizon service at the location where the phone was found. Not sure of AT&T as both of my phones (personal and work) are Verizon.

Someone where i work found an iphone in the road and the owner came to get it after using the find my iphone app. The app led to the general area and they knocked on few doors til they found it. We are in an area of good cell service. Again, the phone has to be charged and turned on. My iphone battery only lasts a day and i know cold weather and roaming kills it quicker.

Yeah- from reading online people have said that it is more accurate outdoors, IF there is good cell coverage than it is indoors. I've been testing mine and it really varies. more often than not it isn't accurate enough to locate it, for example, in a field or anywhere where it may be obscured. You can make it make a noise using the app, which helps. Once or twice it has been extremely accurate though, so I guess it's IMO 'possible' that this is the way the phone was located. However I do have large questions about coverage, battery life and general phone survival.

there are many close to the location that are very muddy!

Follow-up question that regarding the muddy routes from the location the phone was found to where the van was dumped:

Would any of those routes have secluded spots that should be searched?

(I know others have suggested areas to search - just checking for more!)

Hmmm?

JMO

Which then made me wonder how I missed that GR would have had to pass those apartments coming & going on 12/12! Was it not there, he really not see it or purposely leave it there for someone else to find?:what:

For a fact, there is no Verizon service at the location where the phone was found. Not sure of AT&T as both of my phones (personal and work) are Verizon.

Question is what coverage does JR & GR have?

Hmmm?

JMO

BBM...

Wasn't it Law Enforcement that was discouraging individuals from searching?

Also, does anyone know at what time GR "found" the phone? Was it dark? Cause then it would be hard to find if the app only gives you a big location area.

Also, does anyone know at what time GR "found" the phone? Was it dark? Cause then it would be hard to find if the app only gives you a big location area.

there was a story in MSM early on (on my phone and can't find it!) I think that said 8pm, but Lavanda Dolce later said that it was earlier than that.

there was a story in MSM early on (on my phone and can't find it!) I think that said 8pm, but Lavanda Dolce later said that it was earlier than that.

Lucky it was by the road so he could find it with or without his car's headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member