Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "evidence" reasoning never made sense to me. Find the victim, worry about that later, for crying out loud. There won't ever be a case, IMO, if she is not found. Weak excuse from LE, if that came from them.

The "evidence" reasoning never made sense to me. Find the victim, worry about that later, for crying out loud. There won't ever be a case, IMO, if she is not found. Weak excuse from LE, if that came from them.

:goodpost:

01-29-2013, 02:50 PM #635
Lavanda Dolce
Lavanda Dolce is "sweet lavender" in Italian - Memories of my Grandmother Join Date: Sep 2008

It is always very frustrating when the police halt searches...however as said previously if a professional SAR Team was conducting the actual search then Jillians excellent work in organizing it may have been approved. Just as an example...you do know that not all physical evidence is allowed to be entered into a criminal trial, correct? So if invariably this becomes a criminal trial...I am positive that nobody would ever want some crucial evidence thrown out that could have convicted someone. Many times crucial evidence is thrown out because it was not collected or followed by appropriate channels and chain of custody. I cannot begin to tell you how many searches for missing loved ones are turned DOWN by law enforcement even when it costs them nothing, a Professional SAR team will be conducting the search and the family themselves give their blessings. Believe me...too many.

BBM (above post from thread 2) …. LE reported that GR found the phone, does that mean he handled the phone and now it could be tainted evidence?

And LE have reported that ‘officials’ found the car … I take that to mean that Jen’s dad saw the car and called LE, who then went ahead and collected the car following the correct chain of custody, so that could be untainted evidence.

I beg to differ, how are you going to explain to a family that justice couldn't be served because of tainted evidence? Or what if in tainting the evidence clues to finding the victim are erased? (like GR "finding" the phone) Whoever is responsible should serve the penalty when Jennifer is returned to her family. But I'm sure if LE had a solid tip on a location feet would be on the ground.

Also, it is possible without finding a victim for a case to proceed given enough circumstantial evidence is obtained. Untainted of course.

Don't get me wrong if I had a missing loved one I'd be desperate & wanting to search hi & low, but I would make sure that the people I had searching were knowledgable or working with a team that was so that nothing was missed, no clues tainted or evidence so that whomever took them would serve their time not walk the streets.

I just think in the desperation, there is a lot of things to consider, I'd love for her to be found along with everyone else but if the person I think is responsible truly is, I'd like to see that person pay for their crime, Jennifer deserves that much.

BBM (above post from thread 2) …. LE reported that GR found the phone, does that mean he handled the phone and now it could be tainted evidence?

And LE have reported that ‘officials’ found the car … I take that to mean that Jen’s dad saw the car and called LE, who then went ahead and collected the car following the correct chain of custody, so that could be untainted evidence.

no- he saw it, took pictures, and called LE according to Lavanda and MSM

Tainted evidence: in a criminal trial, information which has been obtained by illegal means or has been traced through evidence acquired by illegal search and/or seizure. This evidence is called "the fruit of the poisonous tree," and is not admissible in court

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/tainted+evidence

so- an innocent searcher cannot taint evidence per the legal definition

ETA: LE were worried they could destroy evidence- not taint it

I remember seeing something somewhere about a search that was done on pat farley road whitch is over by sheff rd where jr's home is has this been done? Also if so. i'm just wondering what made le search there? If anyone one has information on this could you please share? If that was the case I would think something gave LE a reason to. It is the oppisite way she would go to the mall.

Jennifer also deserves a proper burial if she is out there, and her family deserves the "closure" of at least knowing what happened to her. I agree with Cluciano -- find her now, worry about a conviction later.

ETA: I know there can never be any true closure, hence the quotes - I just mean that finding her would take away the question of "where is she"

Plenty of foot searches take place all the time for missing people, when the circumstances are unknown. What makes this case so different?

Plenty of foot searches take place all the time for missing people, when the circumstances are unknown. What makes this case so different?

I was thinking the exact same thing... But you put it "in a nutshell" for me...

What is the difference between this case and the oh so many other cases where foot searches are a logical... And expected...step to take when searching for a missing person?

:waitasec:

Is it also weird and unusual that LE isn't giving any updates? I mean, gosh, it seems like forever ago that they last said anything at all. And is it unusual that local papers aren't saying a while lot? Seems like this would be BIG news in a small town!!!

I remember seeing something somewhere about a search that was done on pat farley road whitch is over by sheff rd where jr's home is has this been done? Also if so. i'm just wondering what made le search there? If anyone one has information on this could you please share? If that was the case I would think something gave LE a reason to. It is the oppisite way she would go to the mall.

BBM: One person stated Jen was going to the mall.

Jennifer also deserves a proper burial if she is out there, and her family deserves the "closure" of at least knowing what happened to her. I agree with Cluciano -- find her now, worry about a conviction later.

ETA: I know there can never be any true closure, hence the quotes - I just mean that finding her would take away the question of "where is she"

BBM

I also agree, the last thing on my mind would be "get the guy!". I'd want EVERYONE searching to find my loved one.

I honestly think the perp confidently hid her body. I don't think she'll be easily found, and the perp knows that. MOO

BBM

I also agree, the last thing on my mind would be "get the guy!". I'd want EVERYONE searching to find my loved one.

I honestly think the perp confidently hid her body. I don't think she'll be easily found, and the perp knows that. MOO

I think it has to be that he did not carry her long. Most body builders have little functional strength, and he's not a large man. Rolling something down a hill or embankment would be the easiest way to get something to travel quite a distance

Have we ever compared this case to the Chris Coleman case? There are a couple of similarities that stand out: he was having an affair, and he said he was at the gym the morning his family was killed. There had been some email threats to himself and his family before the murders, and they were ultimately traced back to Chris's computer (we've wondered here before if GR was on the other end when JR was talking to some of these gaming friends). http://www.kmov.com/news/local/Chri...bout-murder-of-wife-and-2-sons-150110465.html Tomorrow night at 10 pm on Investigation Discovery, "Devil Inside" will be covering the Coleman case. Might be good to watch and see if we can pick up on any other similarities!

BBM

They found Christian down in Gainsville! It took awhile, but hunters did find him. I don't think searches will stop until she is found

respectfully snipped

ETA: LE were worried they could destroy evidence- not taint it

Thanks, that's what I meant - destroy evidence, not taint it ... wrong word, sorry.

I wasn't sure what GR did when he found the phone, so thanks for that :)

They found Christian down in Gainsville! It took awhile, but hunters did find him. I don't think searches will stop until she is found

Oh, that was so heart wrenching :(. I hope we're all wrong.

This is accurate:
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196380&page=26

Prior to cancelling the search, there were no articles instructing the community not to search.

It would be quite odd for the sheriff's dept. to outwardly state, either during a media interview or otherwise, "Hold up, folks. The phone's ringing off the hook. Sorry guys, you can't search. Too many phone calls coming in complaining about it."

Lt. Cobb was well aware of the search prior to it being even organized.

In my opinion, public searches should have begun right away, and should have continued all along. A huge window of opportunity was missed, IMO.

It's a shame the search was cancelled.

Oh, that was so heart wrenching :(. I hope we're all wrong.

I hope we're wrong too.

In the beginning, I was worried about suspecting the husband, because what if Jennifer turns up having run off on her own? I thought I'd feel sooooo bad for blaming GR. But as more time has gone on, I realize that maybe I won't feel so bad, because he did sleep with his wife's best friend!! Even IF he didn't harm Jennifer physically, he was still a horribly crappy husband. JMO, and just wanted to go ahead and put that out there in case she ever does show up somewhere alive. But I don't think she will.

He makes himself out to be sooo nice and thankful on all his posts and comments, but we KNOW he's not the perfect person and perfect husband he is portraying himself to be, because of the affair. And to sleep with JR's best friend for 6+ months, he's obviously skilled at lying and secrecy and living a double life. IF he is innocent, he has only his own self to blame for the cloud of suspicion surrounding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member