Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jilllian, I understand that you said "slept", but if he has BEEN in that room, why did he find the box randomly later in time? Was it hidden? Sorry if I missed that!

Sorry for not being clear, DM!
The box was found in the closet.
ETA: I don't know if it was found randomly or not.
It was found while he was talking on the phone, during which time he began to cry to the person with whom he was speaking.

My opinion is that speaking on the phone while looking in a closet for something is a hindrance. I need both hands free to look when I'm searching for something in a closet.

Just a note about the gift card. Where I work we sell a few different kinds. The normal ones, in dollar increments that you can buy and the register activates the purchasing power so to speak. The reloadable ones are almost like regular cc these days with new rules. When you buy the actual card you can load up to $500 on them. You go home and call the company and give them all your personal information including ssn. Then when you buy a reload kit, you go home and add the $ to the card you purchased initially.

I am lurker pretty much on this thread. I do think there are some strange twists and turns and coincedenses so far. I sincerely hope JR is found soon. There needs to be closure for the children. While I have my doubts she ran away with someone on the internet, I always hold out hope the spouse is telling the truth and had nothing to with it.

Kelly

Thanks to my sons several year long BMX bike building craze (which, thank goodness, is now over, replaced by cars........and girls ), I became very familiar with prepaid cards. Even though the businesses he'd order parts from were known to be reputable, I still hesitated about supplying them with our banking and credit card info on a regular basis, so my solution was to purchase a prepaid card for the exact amount of each of his purchases, that way if the card numbers were stolen....so what?

You are absolutely correct in how many of them work. :) The one big thing I noticed was that especially if one was ordering online or using the card electronically, or if you wanted whatever buyer protection the card offered to be enforced, you were required to register the card. This I did online, you could call the info in as well, and you did have to supply name, address, and yes, SSN, I think for tax? purposes (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, it's been about a year since I did this last). I don't recall it stating SSN was required in order to verify ID, it was for another purpose....I think.

The one thing I do know however, is that if you register the card online? Anyone could register the card under anyone elses name as long as you had a valid SSN for them. There are really no checks in place during the online process to validate the identity of the person registering the card, and I'm referring to well-known popular brands of prepaid cards.

As such, this brings up more questions for me....if the card turns out to be in Jen's name - doesn't mean she registered it - and if the purchase was made online - doesn't mean she made it - especially as it's now known that GR had all Jen's passwords? jmo

GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Approximately 5 weeks. Then he decides to look around and finds some items that he allegedly hadn't seen before. He contacts the police, who had weeks earlier allegedly done a thorough search of the home, as stated numerous times in MSM. The police didn't notice these items. GR called the police and they came to the house and either took the items or logged them in. These items included lingerie boxed and neatly wrapped, and a credit card purchase receipt.

Besides the obvious, what is striking about this is that from what I know, police don't usually clean up after searching, and neatly put things back in their proper place. So why weren't these items noticed before?

Why didn't GR do his own search after the police left...just for good measure?

What made him go back into the room he had mostly avoided for quite some time?

All very good points! And if I may, could I please also add that wouldn't these items have been discovered at the same time it was "discovered" that Jen's wedding rings were left inside her jewelry box??? I mean, if you're looking inside jewelry boxes, you're looking inside drawers, closets, etc....you'd think? (I'd think?) jmo

It was found while he was talking on the phone, during which time he began to cry to the person with whom he was speaking.

Another "what if" - remembering a previous post upthread referring to Jen posting somewhere for advice on how to improve marriage/sex life? What if this was purchased by Jen and was to be a surprise for GR, in an effort to improve/repair their marriage/get him back?

It could very well be her lingerie and maybe she had it in a box because she didn't wear it anymore (I have a bunch I got at wedding showers that I have stuffed in drawer that I never wear..)

and what would it have to do with anything anyhow if Jennifer had lingerie in a box? Seems like these things he says and things he has 'found' conveniently (attempt to) back up all of his statements.

I don't like it :no:

I have really tried to give GR the benefit of the doubt. For their children's sake, I don't want to believe that he had anything to do with Jennifer's disappearance. However, GR's disparaging statements about her and apparent lack of interest in finding her are leading me to believe that he is either so angry at Jennifer for leaving that he is saying, "*advertiser censored** her, the kids and I will be fine without her, or he had something to do with her disappearance. IMO, JMO

To clarify, I said he hadn't slept in the room in 5 weeks, and tried to avoid going into the room, not that he "hadn't been in that room room in 5 weeks."

:)

That in itself, raises huge flags to me. This is, in my opinion a huge contradiction to the "message" that is being projected publicly, the "message" that Jen disappeared herself. This is partially OT but also leads to a theory that applies, so please bear with me.....

When, years ago as a teenager, my daughter ran away and I had not a clue where she was a for a month or if she was living, did I avoid her room because it was too painful? No I went in there as often as I could go, because being surrounded by her things and being able to smell her scent on her pillow made me feel closer to her somehow, even through all the pain of not knowing where or how she was....

During the 3 times my oldest son was hospitalized and I could not stay there in his room with him, and the staff actually forced me to leave the hospital for a night because I'd been there 24/7 for weeks on end, did I avoid his room because it was too painful that he was not there? No I went in there and slept because the smell of his hair on his pillow and being surrounded by his toys made me feel closer to him, almost like I was right next to him, holding his hand as he slept like I always did every night I did stay with him in the hospital....

But not enough years later, after God called him home, and I knew he'd never again sleep in his bed or play in his room, and the next time I'd see his smile was when God called me home too, did I avoid going into his room? That was when it became difficult for me, for a very long time, to go into my son's room. I don't remember for how long, but I do know it was weeks and remembering it now, over 10 years later, I can still feel the pain of just looking at that closed door. I keep several boxes of his things as keepsakes and whenever I need to, I open them up, and they bring me great comfort, and peace and I feel him thisclose to me but during the weeks and months after my sons passing, seeing, smelling and handling those same items would have been excruciating and unbearable. It was literally, nearly physically impossible for me to enter his room.

The above is based on my experience only, however, my reaction after my beautiful son's passing is one that is commonly experienced. Many people are unable to enter the room of a loved one or family member they know has passed, and I have to ask myself, if GR is so sure that Jennifer either ran off or really does not know if she encountered foul play at the hands of another while out, and he is *truly unsure as to if she is with us or not - then why does entering their room cause him so much discomfort? I would think if there is hope, then being surrounded by her things and the smell of her hair on a pillow, would bring a small measure of comfort?

jmo and sorry this wound up being so long....

It could very well be her lingerie and maybe she had it in a box because she didn't wear it anymore (I have a bunch I got at wedding showers that I have stuffed in drawer that I never wear..)

and what would it have to do with anything anyhow if Jennifer had lingerie in a box? Seems like these things he says and things he has 'found' conveniently (attempt to) back up all of his statements.

I don't like it :no:

I agree totally! The only reason I would think LE would consider considering (does that make sense? :waitasec:) these items anything of importance, would be if they determined that they were intentionally planted in order to guide the investigation in a certain direction. And "if" this was planted (not saying it was, just "if" - it's a pretty not well thought out "plant", if you ask me? "A married woman bought lingerie! OMG!" And it doesn't make sense that she purchased the items for a rendezvous or met someone and escaped her life and didn't take it with her....it just doesn't.

Maybe she had a friend who was getting married and bought it for them ala bachelorette party? (kinda out there, but possible?)

GR hadn't slept in his bedroom for weeks after JR disappeared, and tried to avoid the room as much as possible. Approximately 5 weeks. Then he decides to look around and finds some items that he allegedly hadn't seen before. He contacts the police, who had weeks earlier allegedly done a thorough search of the home, as stated numerous times in MSM. The police didn't notice these items. GR called the police and they came to the house and either took the items or logged them in. These items included lingerie boxed and neatly wrapped, and a credit card purchase receipt.

Besides the obvious, what is striking about this is that from what I know, police don't usually clean up after searching, and neatly put things back in their proper place. So why weren't these items noticed before?

Why didn't GR do his own search after the police left...just for good measure?

What made him go back into the room he had mostly avoided for quite some time?

That is strange!
OT, but recently saw an ID show where a suitcase full of the what was thought to be the missing and later found murdered wife's underwear and lingerie was found dumped (ironically this case was in upstate NY). Seems the husband slipped up and left his wallet with the items.. when the sizes were checked they were too large for his wife... turns out these were the husband's and he dumped them since he killed his wife in a fit of rage when she threatened to expose his crossdressing during a divorce....

IF Jennifer did purchase the lingerie, I believe it was a "gift" for them.

It could fit with any attempts to revitalize or repair the marriage by addressing her weight and health issues, purchasing new clothing, getting more dressed up, showing more of an interest in his interests, and purchasing new lingerie, etc.

In this theory, Jennifer begins suspecting an affair shortly after it begins.

It is likely she even approaches husband several times asking what's wrong, or if he's having one.

He must deny this affair at all costs particularly because the other woman is J's "best friend."

Though she suspects an affair, J has no idea with whom.

She probably even went to her "best friend" with her suspicions of her husband engaged in an affair or changes she noticed in his behavior or mood in order to vent or seek advice from her. BF girl talk.

As I said very early on, Jennifer was probably "gaslighted" plenty during those months.
Whatever the husband didn't know about her thoughts, her "best friend" likely did, and those thoughts were passed on to him.

Must have been hellish.

It would be a bold act to "plant" lingerie in the bedroom weeks later with LE so involved.

Just as bold an act as possibly returning later to where the mini-van was left/abandoned and driving it to the location where it was eventually discovered.

Unfortunately, engaging in an extramarital affair is not that bold, IMO, but with your partner's best friend...

That's bold.

Aren't these bold actions? (Or as we used to say when I was young, it would take some pair/set.)

I don't see the lingerie as alarming either and can't see why it would alarm LE. Maybe GR hoped it would indicate to police that their relationship was good? It seems like she had lost weight, regained confidence, started dressing up more because the depression was lifting and she bought some lingerie to surprise her husband for Christmas. What's the big deal?!? RB said he believed she found out about the affair in early in December to around the disappearance time (not how he worded-sorry!). She most likely bought the lingerie prior to learning of it because she was trying to regain his attention and put her relationship back together. Maybe that sparked some tears from him when he found it... Especially if it was ultimately a fight that led to her getting seriously injured or dying. To me the lingerie more or less shows that she was NOT in a running away mind set. Why the gift card.... Maybe so he wouldn't learn of the gift. Store names can give lots away. JMO.

I don't think it would be any more upsetting than her husband saying that her kids didn't miss the new her, but do miss the old her. Or the way it is being illuded to that she may have ran off with someone by constantly bringing up the new friends she had made while gaming. Or talking about how she had changed but not in a good way, or that she had unhealthy weight loss....
We're a bunch of strangers talking about her husbands possible affair.
Her husband is the one who said the other things.
I think for me, to hear my husband say those things would hurt a heck of a lot more than some strangers talking about stuff that "may or may not be true"

I know I am behind in reading...(I am following closely the case of the mad man ex-LAPD on the loose in my neck of the woods)... But you put this in such good perspective...

I had to relay how much I agree with this post! :rocker:

Oh Pleeease! :floorlaugh:

Let me guess. He was talking to a family member at the time, yeah?

:moo::moo::moo:

I know Lavanda said NamUs is being updated with information about Jennifer (piercings, glasses, etc.), but I noticed that there is still no time indicated on the date she was last seen, Dec. 11, 2012 and I don't believe this was mentioned in LD's post.

Are there doubts about the approximate time Jennifer was last seen?

Is the true time being withheld?

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/19030/0

What a VERY interesting omission on an official document...

And since GR was the last person to see Jennifer before she went missing... And since he has such an"airtight" alibi for his activies on that day... Then it would seems that there would be a DEFINITE time Jennifer was last seen on the day in question...

JMO

<respectfully snipped>
Why the gift card.... Maybe so he wouldn't learn of the gift. Store names can give lots away. JMO.

I just thought of something. Many of my rebates come loaded on a Visa Prepaid Card. I use them as I get them.

New press release about the Shining Hope event -
http://www.prlog.org/12076755-husband-to-hold-event-for-missing-wife.html

Husband to hold event for missing wife

Ganesh Ramsaran asks for help from the public to distribute missing posters.

The word "husband" sure does get mentioned a lot in every article and fb post, doesn't it? I've noticed that it also seems to be used synonymously with the word "family." It's alllll about the husband, never about the parents or sister or any other family members.

It's very possible that any wrong-doings won't be on the computers he turned over. That doesn't make him invincible though. It may mean someone has to work harder, that's all.

I agree...

I was just wondering since GR so willingly gave LE all of JR's user names and passwords..

If he... Just as willingly... Gave LE ALL of his OWN user names and passwords...

Yes... The information can be retrieved.. But it takes more time... And there are chances some of the pertinent information may "fall through cracks" for a while...if those user names and passwords are not provided during the original questioning...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members