Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw it before but it's gone now? Honestly if they removed them LE should give them a call, as well as if they say no. But I doubt it was the apt complex.

** looks like it was a glitch

Couldn't see anything when I looked!

I just drove through Plank Road Manor Apartments at about 2:00PM. The missing posters that were placed on the mailbox center are GONE. Thought that who ever made the effort to put them there would like to know.
WS, this is not a rumor, its a fact.

Why (and who) for that matter would someone want them removed if not for wanting the whole case to quietly fade into oblivion.

If you all recall, this was the place that her van was found. Of all the places in the world for posters to be located, I would think that it would be here since this is where a MAJOR piece of evidence was found (her vehicle). Something strange is going on, and no one seens to notice.... or sadder yet, no one seems to care.

I too slowed down passing the Plank Apartments, and yup, the posters that were put up are gone. Very interesting.

I stumbled on an answer on mamapedia.com about flyers and items with no postage in or on mail receptacles (US mailboxes and residential/business mailboxes).

I think it may violate some code. The answer didn’t include the name of the code …. maybe some type of postal code of practice?

Hope I’m allowed to post this here …

“3.2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail. [D041.1.3]

This is why you are NOT allowed to put invites in mail boxes...or fliers...a mail carrier CAN take it out and return it.”

This case makes me feel intrusive, as in how much can or should the public do, if the family seems unwilling to do much? It just makes me uncomfortable in a way I have never really felt here before, following hundreds of cases.

I too slowed down passing the Plank Apartments, and yup, the posters that were put up are gone. Very interesting.
Did anyone happen to notice if the flyers have been taken down from any other locations?

If you can put up flyers at the apts, please see the management there and get permission first?
I suggested this earlier, thinking that maybe we could get the flyer's in places like the Apartment laundry rooms, where people often spend time just sitting and staring, you know?
In any event, I think flyers should be put back up, if it's allowable.

Thank you locals!:woohoo:

Did anyone happen to notice if the flyers have been taken down from any other locations?

If you can put up flyers at the apts, please see the management there and get permission first?
I suggested this earlier, thinking that maybe we could get the flyer's in places like the Apartment laundry rooms, where people often spend time just sitting and staring, you know?
In any event, I think flyers should be put back up, if it's allowable.

Thank you locals!:woohoo:

If asked nicely & they said no-I'd call LE & report that they weren't allowing a missing persons poster to be displayed. Especially at a site where the vehicle was located.

I stumbled on an answer on mamapedia.com about flyers and items with no postage in or on mail receptacles (US mailboxes and residential/business mailboxes).

I think it may violate some code. The answer didn’t include the name of the code …. maybe some type of postal code of practice?

Hope I’m allowed to post this here …

“3.2.11, no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items or matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle. Any mailable matter not bearing postage and found as described above is subject to the same postage as would be paid if it were carried by mail. [D041.1.3]

This is why you are NOT allowed to put invites in mail boxes...or fliers...a mail carrier CAN take it out and return it.”

You are right. I am sure they were taken out by the Postal Service. I used to live in a town home and all the flyers were immediately taken down by the next day.

I just drove through Plank Road Manor Apartments at about 2:00PM. The missing posters that were placed on the mailbox center are GONE. Thought that who ever made the effort to put them there would like to know.
WS, this is not a rumor, its a fact.

Why (and who) for that matter would someone want them removed if not for wanting the whole case to quietly fade into oblivion.

If you all recall, this was the place that her van was found. Of all the places in the world for posters to be located, I would think that it would be here since this is where a MAJOR piece of evidence was found (her vehicle). Something strange is going on, and no one seens to notice.... or sadder yet, no one seems to care.

:furious::furious::furious:

Piper ~ did you tell Lt. Cobb about this?

I would love to know if there are cameras at this apartment building complex.

ETA: Just saw that you posted that you'll be checking...let us know what you find out?

It would be good if there was a lot of public commentary on the local LE FB sites about Jennifer still being missing.

A surprising amount of people check LE FB sites regularly.

When our local young woman Rachael Moritz was missing, the public commentary on our local LE FB site ran riot (with or without LE updates). Lots of people were commenting day after day, LE had to monitor it fairly closely to ensure it was all ‘kept clean’.

I’m sure LE was glad when Rachael finally reappeared and the hubbub on their FB page died down … took some pressure off them.
But it sort of forced their hand into giving us updates every now and then.
BBM

Exactly.

http://www.facebook.com/chenango.sheriff

I saw it before but it's gone now? Honestly if they removed them LE should give them a call, as well as if they say no. But I doubt it was the apt complex.

** looks like it was a glitch

:silly:

I logged on today and saw a big red ACTIVE SEARCH, and was shocked and excited to see that on Jennifer's thread, then realized it was not hers. :( Why isn't anyone searching?? :banghead:

People are searching.
Just not any public announcements about it.
No obstacles that way, and maintains anonymity.

Spent today like many days...handed out missing flyers...have been discouraged and have switched to simply giving them, to people who are willing to look at them...people are really great, and today, in the cold wind, people took them, asked questions, and were genuinely interested in sharing. Note* for me, I used places that the owners knew me, and had given permission...ALWAYS seek permission, and make it personal...allow the person to know about Jennifer and her family...it makes it more likely to have the flyers looked at closely, and tell other people about their experience. Search areas today included Unadilla, Sidney, Guilford, Polkville, Norwich, Rockdale, South New Berlin, Oxford, Greene, Coventryville, Bainbridge, and back to Norwich. Still surprised at how many in the area do not know of her missing. Hoping to get to do a search on Friday. People are an incredible resource, when they invest themselves in helping. Bear out for tonight.

Spent today like many days...handed out missing flyers...have been discouraged and have switched to simply giving them, to people who are willing to look at them...people are really great, and today, in the cold wind, people took them, asked questions, and were genuinely interested in sharing. Note* for me, I used places that the owners knew me, and had given permission...ALWAYS seek permission, and make it personal...allow the person to know about Jennifer and her family...it makes it more likely to have the flyers looked at closely, and tell other people about their experience. Search areas today included Unadilla, Sidney, Guilford, Polkville, Norwich, Rockdale, South New Berlin, Oxford, Greene, Coventryville, Bainbridge, and back to Norwich. Still surprised at how many in the area do not know of her missing. Hoping to get to do a search on Friday. People are an incredible resource, when they invest themselves in helping. Bear out for tonight.
Thanks for all your efforts, BearAngel!

:gthanks:

You are right. I am sure they were taken out by the Postal Service. I used to live in a town home and all the flyers were immediately taken down by the next day.

This makes more sense than a suspect or a suspect's friend(s) doing it, especially given the fact that the van was found there.

However, what makes NO sense whatsoever, is that it's been said how important it is to have flyers there, since the van was found there, yet there's NO PICTURE OF THE VAN ON THE FLYER.

:what:

???

No, it doesn't.

The one you've linked too & the only page I can find that isn't for "check-ins" only, requires Friend requests to be sent. I sent one, not sure how often they review them though.

The one you've linked too & the only page I can find that isn't for "check-ins" only, requires Friend requests to be sent. I sent one, not sure how often they review them though.

Odd. I clicked on that link again and when I scrolled down to the last post made to a recent story the PD posted on that site, there's a box where I can type in a comment, and they're not on my friends list. Maybe you just have to sent a friend request?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en