Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody with any info about Jennifer's disappearance can contact the sherrif's office by phone, or there is even an anonymous email tip line. They couldn't have made it any easier. All the info's on their website, here:

http://www.chenangosheriff.us/

Jennifer's obituary took her from Highschool directly to Arizona.. no mention of her time where she went to SUNY New Paltz and skipping over the time in Jennifer's life where she met GR. Wouldn't where she met her husband be significant enough to mention in her life?

I find that significant. Were there issues during that time in her life, why she left the downstate area and went to Arizona. Did she leave NY and go to AZ without GR? Had her parents moved out there from NY to AZ after high school and that's the reason she ended up out there.

I also (thinking out loud) have always had a suspicion, that there is a reason why her parents were living "Right next door" - like perhaps they suspected something that wasn't all that great (kind of like an umbrella of protection) being so close (however only during the summer months).

Anyone have info or thoughts on these questions?

ORR, with your familiarity of the area, and if you don't mind sharing. What is your theory as to why the van had an excessive amount of mud on it? Excellent sleuthing in the Jennifer Ramsaran case, ORR..

My daughter and I went to the sight she was found today and as we were looking we saw a broken tote the bottom of it was left there by a tree. We were wondering with it being so close to the sight why LE DIDN'T TAKE IT IN WITH THEM. I was frusterated about that but maybe they had a reason not to ,but i can say the bottom seemed to be big enough for a body! I left there hurt and mad at the same time!!!

The tote was at least 10' + away from the body.

ORR, with your familiarity of the area, and if you don't mind sharing. What is your theory as to why the van had an excessive amount of mud on it? Excellent sleuthing in the Jennifer Ramsaran case, ORR..

When wet these local gravel and even oil & stoned town of Plymouth roads will all cast a spray of thin mud. This is mostly due to the dirty sand used in the winter. It never goes away. Even when a road is regraveled and regarded you still get it.
The CCC truck trail is not plowed and constructed of shale from local shale beds. These also emit a slimy like mud even though it was all stone. shale is a very soft rock that breaks down to dust in a short time. just add water and you have mud. But it's a little different than mud from sand or gravel.

JR/GR met at SUNY New Paltz. Then she went to AZ to be near her parents and he went with her. After marraige and starting a family, GR didn't want to live in AZ anymore, and since he could work from home, they moved to Central NY. Her parents bought the house next door and lived there seasonally.

ORR - good observation about the obit leaving out college, etc. Makes me think that GR did not have control over that part of the funeral.

The day after the body was found I spoke with the snowplow operator for that road. He said it was a common dumping site. He never noticed anything out of the normal.
I noticed the tote was shattered indicating it had probably been exposed to the elements for years. It appeared LE had sifted through it but like I said it was a good 10' away from the location of the body which was covered by a tarp.

I'll erase what I found. It was all taken from historical data- in Norwich. I was just trying to help. Sorry.

ETA there is no longer an edit option there so I flagged it and asked a moderator to remove it.

I'll erase what I found. It was all taken from historical data- in Norwich. I was just trying to help. Sorry.

No problem it's just Norwich is a different world weather wise than Pharsalia.

When wet these local gravel and even oil & stoned town of Plymouth roads will all cast a spray of thin mud. This is mostly due to the dirty sand used in the winter. It never goes away. Even when a road is regraveled and regarded you still get it.
The CCC truck trail is not plowed and constructed of shale from local shale beds. These also emit a slimy like mud even though it was all stone. shale is a very soft rock that breaks down to dust in a short time. just add water and you have mud. But it's a little different than mud from sand or gravel.

RE: Plymouth roads will all cast a spray of thin mud

thefox, the way it was described, the van had an excessive amount of mud on it. Imo, this would indicate that the van was taken on a road other than the local gravel and oil & stoned roads. Just wondering if the center road body disposal site was chosen after another site was unsuccessful..

Abigail,

The start of the video was just west of the Plymouth Firehouse, right before the location where Jennifer's phone was found (Moonhill Road) and the sand pile.

Thanks!

ORR

OK, so, you can get on SR 23 from Sheff Road and drive East through Norwich to where you started the video between the firehouse and sand pile -- that's maybe 15 or 20 minute drive to where you started the tape.

And then, I think the running time on your tape from that point to where the phone was tossed and where Jenn's body was left and then looping back to Norwich to the parking lot of the apartments -- I think that was 19 minutes, including taking time to get out of the truck on Center Road.

So, the entire loop from Sheff Road to SR 23, going through Norwich and down to Moon Hill Road and Center Road, then looping back to Norwich could be done in about 40 mintues.

Interestingly enough, if someone were training for a long-distance run -- say, a 50 mile super marathon, that route (adding in the last leg from Norwich back to Sheff Road) would be almost 50 miles.

The day after the body was found I spoke with the snowplow operator for that road. He said it was a common dumping site. He never noticed anything out of the normal.
I noticed the tote was shattered indicating it had probably been exposed to the elements for years. It appeared LE had sifted through it but like I said it was a good 10' away from the location of the body which was covered by a tarp.

Was the body covered by a tarp when it was found...or did LE cover her body before removing her?

Actually, Amanda, I found your weather chart quite helpful -- I basically was trying to build something like that from emails and photos taken in December in the area, and never even thought about the Farmer's Almanac. It's just that it's colder up on the top of the hill where Jen's body was.

I wonder if LE has interviewed Father Bove, the pastor at St. Paul/St. Bart?? I just keep thinking he may have some insight into what was going on in the Ramsaran family just before Jennifer died.

I wonder if LE has interviewed Father Bove, the pastor at St. Paul/St. Bart?? I just keep thinking he may have some insight into what was going on in the Ramsaran family just before Jennifer died.

I wondered last night if Jennifer had contacted a divorce attorney. Does attorney-client privilege prevent them from talking to LE if their client goes missing or is killed?

I still think the phone was tossed after Jen was left (assuming these events occurred on the same day). Since she was found farthest from the van, with the phone in between I think it happened on the way to drop off the van. I just don't see a nervous perp tossing evidence while transporting a victim.

I do think there is ambiguity as to when she was placed at the location where she was found and when the van was left in the parking lot as it was not noticed right away there by residents and the body was not noticed sooner and/or was not out in the elements for 2 months. The crime either happened in a very short time frame or was spread out with her body being moved and the van being left a day or so after she dissapeared. There are too many scenarios in my head to make a judgement. I hope LE has a better handle on the timeline than we do.

I still think the phone was tossed after Jen was left (assuming these events occurred on the same day). Since she was found farthest from the van, with the phone in between I think it happened on the way to drop off the van. I just don't see a nervous perp tossing evidence while transporting a victim.

I do think there is ambiguity as to when she was placed at the location where she was found and when the van was left in the parking lot as it was not noticed right away there by residents and the body was not noticed sooner and/or was not out in the elements for 2 months. The crime either happened in a very short time frame or was spread out with her body being moved and the van being left a day or so after she dissapeared. There are too many scenarios in my head to make a judgement. I hope LE has a better handle on the timeline than we do.

I agree I think the phone was tossed after, but I'm thinking it was tossed there the next day....with all the information on the cell phone it would seem that it wouldn't have kept a battery charge and/or would have been able to have the Find the Iphone app. Isn't it strange that it (finally) pinged and showed it's location when GR was at the Police station? When there was a witness to see it....

I have a hard time believing that she was moved...maybe all the conditions up on the hill kept her body cool enough to slow decomp...

I agree I think the phone was tossed after, but I'm thinking it was tossed there the next day....with all the information on the cell phone it would seem that it wouldn't have kept a battery charge and/or would have been able to have the Find the Iphone app. Isn't it strange that it (finally) pinged and showed it's location when GR was at the Police station? When there was a witness to see it....

I have a hard time believing that she was moved...maybe all the conditions up on the hill kept her body cool enough to slow decomp...

Not knowing specially where the phone was found-how you access it that is- curious if you can drive up closer to that area? If so were there tire tracks? If not how far from the road was it? Did the perp have to toss it out across the passenger side & out the window or pull over & out the driver window? Thinking he would have had to pull over to make sure it went that far no matter what,(unless I'm missing something?) and someone could have noticed that no matter when the phone got to that destination. That is unless it was never there.

*Just a note Jennifer's phone doesn't need to have the app on it for it to be found by another device. Only the device searching needs the app & to log into using the apple ID & password. With that said-after using the app myself I've never had it not pick up a device unless its offline or battery dies. But if the battery dies I get the last known location& time.

I wondered last night if Jennifer had contacted a divorce attorney. Does attorney-client privilege prevent them from talking to LE if their client goes missing or is killed?

Also makes you wonder if being so involved in the church if she had or requested marital counseling from the church....

In watching the video, it was interesting where the phone was as it was by a stream? Am I remembering correctly?

Maybe Jillian would know which side of the road the phone was found on?

I know much has been discussed on the phone......it would seem very very odd for the phone to not respond or show last known location for over 12 hours prior to it (finally) showing it's location at 8am the next day. Why would it not have responded up to that point?

Question....does the Find a phone app have a history to show searching attempts? I mean maybe there was something going on with towers or geography and since GR was in a different location that it responded...would that make a difference?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc