Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meanwhile on Facebook GR is back liking and replying to posts. It was quiet for a few days. I wonder if he took a break at all. I can obviously only see what he posts on others pages if their page is public.

OT but I have spent soo much time looking through pages of people he posts on. I feel like I know these people LOL

There is another round of "Thank You's" posted on his page. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but I found it interesting that he stated he wrote Jennifer's obituary. I feel it was too beautifully written to have come from him...IMO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....133465013933.106582.729133933&type=1&theater

Feel free to mod slap me if I'm out of line!

::
Find my IPhone App just had a update on Dec 11, 2012 to include driving directions.

'Find My iPhone' App Updated With Driving Directions to Device Location
Tuesday December 11, 2012 11:08 am PST by Jordan Golson
Apple has updated its Find My iPhone iOS app with the ability to display driving directions to the lost device's location.

http://www.macrumors.com/2012/12/11...d-with-driving-directions-to-device-location/

I also checked the App Store and the date for update was 12/11/12

Good find! Mine updated, but didn't change since I live in Asia now so I never noticed anything different after the update. I play with it all the time now because of this case.

One major thing needed by the phone/ipad/iPod touch you are looking for is what cloud account it is signed into. Obviously GR knew or they share an account because he used it to find the phone, but my kids use a different icloud account than me (even though we share an apple Id for apps) because they do so many videos and take sooo many photos they use up the free storage that icloud comes with so I made separate accounts for them with additional storage purchased in case they ever lose one of their devices :rolleyes:

Whew long run on sentence...sorry! My point if he had her phone with him and she used a different apple Id for herself or even just for her icloud he could have easily changed it so he could do the find my iPhone and "find" the phone. I'm thinking he really wanted someone to see whatever was on that phone to go along with his "run away" theory otherwise why not just leave it until someone else finds it? That or he's super frugal and couldn't stand the thought of throwing away a perfectly good phone :moo:

There is another round of "Thank You's" posted on his page. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post it here, but I found it interesting that he stated he wrote Jennifer's obituary. I feel it was too beautifully written to have come from him...IMO

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f....133465013933.106582.729133933&type=1&theater

Feel free to mod slap me if I'm out of line!

Darn it I get "page not found" wonder if its my iPad? I seriously have no life I want to see so bad :eek:

Edited to ask: is it where someone shared the obituary and then he comments? I can look for it that way.

I agree with the last statement.

Jillian, do you have aguess on cod?

Yes, but I wouldn't disclose it publicly right now.
But I don't believe it's different from what others here are guessing.

:jail:

I'm wondering if seriously disturbed perps emulating SKs can evolve into SKs. Drew Peterson comes to mind....

Absolutely Abigail.. Once they cross that threshold, they will eventually repeat unless apprehended. Fortunately many do get caught after their first victims due to awareness, forensics & other technology upgrades, and advancements in investigative strategy & techniques by law enforcement..
Predators/SK, hone their skills with each innocent victim's life taken making them more difficult to apprehend..

LEO Drew Peterson, remained stealth and evaded justice for decades due to his investigative strategy knowledge and enablers; BBPD & the justice system, imo..

I keep thinking about the van, and why it wasn't noticed earlier. I noticed in the video that there weren't a lot of cars in the apartment parking lot during the daytime. So, maybe a lot of folks were off at work. I suppose that living in an apartment complex, you'd recognize vehicles that belonged to other residents; however, the thing with apartments is that people move in and out fairly regularly. And the residents would be having guests over. And some of the guests, for instance a boyfriend or girlfriend, might start spending the night, so then a new vehicle would start being there fairly regularly. So...how much would you pay attention to a new vehicle that was there? I was thinking that I might not especially notice it at first, but then after a couple days passed, and it stayed in the same location without being moved, that then I would notice it. It may have registered in my sub-consciousness to begin with, and then registered in my consciouness after a couple days, if you know what I mean.

The other thing is...why move the van? Especially once the word had gotten out that Jenn was missing...why take that risk? The only thing I can think of for someone moving the van, if that happened, is that the original location of the van was somehow incriminating.

I feel the same way about the body. Why move it? I noticed on the video that there was one spot where the drop off was especially steep, and if the body was right below there, it probably wouldn't have been noticed, especially since very few cars go down that section of Center Road anyway.

The phone could have been easily tossed on the way back to Norwich from Center Road -- the Moon Hill road bridge would have been passed twice on the route that ORR demonstrated. But probably more likely on the way back.

Several years back, I lived in an apartment with a similar set-up of parking lot along one side of the buildings, and I never paid attention to the cars being parked there routinely. I think the van could have easily been parked there for days without being noticed.

And I think you make some good points. The only reasons I can conclude for needing to dump the body and van at a later time than Dec 11 would be that were originally left in incriminating places and the perp got spooked and moved them. OR the body(& maybe van) were held at the perp's home with the intent of committing sexual crimes before committing murder and then the perp dumped them.
But since I tend to believe this was not done by a stranger and I doubt they were moved, I think the body/van were there all along.

Good thoughts about phone app history. I don't know. But I do believe that GR was at his home (and the police were there) when it beeped, supposedly for the first time.
I thought it first beeped when he was at the police station? I will try to go find that again...I must have remembered incorrectly.....

If the van were left in the parking lot in broad daylight, there wouldn't have been any headlights shining in -- well, the lights may have been on if it were raining, but you wouldn't really notice them during the daytime. That brings something else up -- if it were raining, most people would be inside.

I don't think there WERE snowbanks on the side of the road at the time she was left, if she were left there on Dec. 11. Definitely one week later, but what about that week? Down in the valley, the weather was in the low 50's and raining. I'm just assuming that the rain would have melted away any snow that was there (Amanda -- could you check the Farmers Almanac about snow or precip BEFORE December 11? Remembering that rain in the valley could be snow up on that hill).

No, it's hard to move a body once frozen, plus there's more likelihood of incriminating evidence being left in the vehicle transporting the body. (I wonder if they used cadaver dogs to check the van when it was found? I heard once that they can sniff a body that's only been dead a short time)

my point was about the way people have their furniture arranged in the apartments. so, if they're sitting on the couch facing their TVs, they wouldn't likely see a car pull in during the day, because their back is to the window (to avoid headlights shining in their faces if they were facing the windows at night).

no, there were no snowbanks on 12/11/12, the day jennifer went missing. i mentioned that the spot where jennifer was found wasn't actually steep because you said that "the drop off was especially steep." maybe the snowbanks make it look steeper than it really is? one could easily walk down it, rather than "climb" down it. it's a small hill, if that. but i guess that's subjective. ;)

do any other locals NOT remember it being as warm as the 50's on that day? i ask this because i'm a fan of cold weather and winter, and remember where i was that day and what i was doing, and i was chilled. it was windy, too. i was in albany that day, so wondering if there could have been that much of a difference in temps from albany to pharsalia.

Darn it I get "page not found" wonder if its my iPad? I seriously have no life I want to see so bad :eek:

Edited to ask: is it where someone shared the obituary and then he comments? I can look for it that way.

I am a 'friend of a friend' on FB - so I wonder if that's why I can see it. It's a post on his page, written by him. It's basically him stating how hard things have been and that he sat down and wrote the obit and he explains about Jennifer's brother Jeffrey (who seemed to have passed close to birth in the 60's). I don't know how much I'm allowed to put here...

my point was about the way people have their furniture arranged in the apartments. so, if they're sitting on the couch facing their TVs, they wouldn't likely see a car pull in during the day, because their back is to the window (to avoid headlights shining in their faces if they were facing the windows at night).

no, there were no snowbanks on 12/11/12, the day jennifer went missing. i mentioned that the spot where jennifer was found wasn't actually steep because you said that "the drop off was especially steep." maybe the snowbanks make it look steeper than it really is? one could easily walk down it, rather than "climb" down it. it's a small hill, if that. but i guess that's subjective. ;)

do any other locals NOT remember it being as warm as the 50's on that day? i ask this because i'm a fan of cold weather and winter, and remember where i was that day and what i was doing, and i was chilled. it was windy, too. i was in albany that day, so wondering if there could have been that much of a difference in temps from albany to pharsalia.

Jillian, I don't remember it being that warm either

RSBM....

O/T - I've been wondering what all the duck quacking was all about - it never even crossed my mind that it would be someone's text notification sound!! And ORR, thank you for the video - as a Native Californian I could have *never* imagined that view...."snow" is not in my vocabulary ;)

That "Duck" noise is my cell phone messages (FB chats) while being on vibrate and videoing at the same time.... did not realize they would be that loud... sorry! But they are good indicators of cell service though! Verizon.

Albany is generally a bit windier but more mild then that part of CNY. I live in Albany and am always amazed how winy it is and how little snow we get here compared to my home town.

I am a 'friend of a friend' on FB - so I wonder if that's why I can see it. It's a post on his page, written by him. It's basically him stating how hard things have been and that he sat down and wrote the obit and he explains about Jennifer's brother Jeffrey (who seemed to have passed close to birth in the 60's). I don't know how much I'm allowed to put here...
BBM

:boohoo:

It's basically him stating how hard things have been and that he sat down and wrote the obit

Oh, that must have been awful. :anguish:
Writing an obituary for someone you love is awful, I've done it. I was lucky enough to be speaking from the heart but it was still difficult.
If in fact GR did write it, that explains a lot.

Re: van in the apartment parking lot...

For some reason I thought I remembered someone posting on here or maybe on 'another site' that there is another van that lives in that apartment complex that might be 'similar' in color to Jen's -- maybe more on a rust-colored hue (as opposed to the maroon)? And I think the theory on that was maybe the 'resident's van' might have been mistaken for Jen's and threw the timing off a bit as to how long Jen's was there... anyone remember this? I also think I saw that van in a picture posted -- think it was a closeup of the apartment mailboxes with the flyer on it (maybe right after the SH event on 2/16) -- in the distance can see a van parked -- must be the resident's...? Don't know if this is helpful in any way?

Imo, prolly the best metaphor that I have ever heard for circumstantial evidence is;

'If you went to bed last night & there was no snow on the ground, yet woke up with snow on the ground.. It would be reasonable to conclude that it snowed last night..

The circumstantial evidence in the Jennifer Ramsaran case is enormous, imo..

The body would have had to lay there about a week with no snow cover.

Humm I think that spot is quiet steep. The snow is actually matted down quiet a bit in that spot.

Humm I think that spot is quiet steep. The snow is actually matted down quiet a bit in that spot.

must be "steep" is subjective then.
i was just there today, and could have easily walked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024