Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so, just to clarify, messages sent back and forth between players can be seen by other players in the same team?

So...if Jennifer was developing an "emotional attachment" to someone -- that would be observed by the others in the same alliance?

And...is this even the sort of venue where one would be likely to form an "emotional attachment" with a fellow player?

OK, so, just to clarify, messages sent back and forth between players can be seen by other players in the same team?

So...if Jennifer was developing an "emotional attachment" to someone -- that would be observed by the others in the same alliance?

And...is this even the sort of venue where one would be likely to form an "emotional attachment" with a fellow player?

No, if they were those types of messages surely the private message function would be used between two players.

I believe that messages on the alliance tab are replaced as new messages come in, at least that is what happens with the global chat messages. So you can only look back to the messages on the alliances tab to a certain limit.

I attached an image of my private inbox.

NOOOO, I dont think an attachment thing is likely, the avatars dont show what sex a person is or anything, not that type of game, know what I mean.

Hope that I am explaining this well. I tend to ramble.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-21-17-24-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-03-21-17-24-04.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 51
I just thought of something, didn't someone say, that messages were deleted. I cant remember who said.

But were they talking about in the game or the touch app?

Because it looks like touch is not web accessible, so cell phones and tablets only. So if police took her device/s, how were the messages removed? :waitasec:

Since the chatting methods within a game is limited. In my experience the chatting moves outside the game to Skype or Yahoo Messenger for example. Not that it continues within the game environment itself.

It is still an assumption that the anonymous friend was suggesting the emotional attachment had happened. But made the comment while discussing hypothetical scenarios that could have led to Jen becoming missing. The latter is not suggesting she developed an emotional attachment, but as a possible event in regarding a possible scenario. Where as the former suggests it was happening.

However when you read the comment in the article it screams as if the person is saying that it happened.

I think Pob mentioned a different platform where they went to chat when playing online games. Pob also said that Jen just popped in and out to chat here and there.

Probably just enough time spent there to make friendly acquaintance with a few people, much as we do here on WS both on the board and through PMs.

I would imagine that the rest of Jen's time would be more than occupied with cooking, cleaning, groceries, caring for her family, keeping up with her many relatives, knitting, art, running .. a myriad of things.

No, if they were those types of messages surely the private message function would be used between two players.

I believe that messages on the alliance tab are replaced as new messages come in, at least that is what happens with the global chat messages. So you can only look back to the messages on the alliances tab to a certain limit.

I attached an image of my private inbox.

NOOOO, I dont think an attachment thing is likely, the avatars dont show what sex a person is or anything, not that type of game, know what I mean.

Hope that I am explaining this well. I tend to ramble.
You can also chat privately on "global" or on "alliance" chat by clicking that person and whisper to them. The message you get highlights in red and can only be seen by the person you are whispering to.

You can also chat privately on "global" or on "alliance" chat by clicking that person and whisper to them. The message you get highlights in red and can only be seen by the person you are whispering to.

Thanks so much for the info.

OK, great, POB's here.

So, Pob, we've heard from Ana. And you've played this same game, and, in fact, played with Jennifer.

So...Ana's given us her opinion. What's your opinion? Is this game a venue where a person is likely to form an emotional attachment to another player?

I wonder why none of the friends or anonymous speakers to the press didn't consider Jen's feelings or anger in saying some of the things they had said about her. These statements were in fact stated when no one except the person involved knew she was in fact dead. Why the double standard in the treatment JR vs GR from these people? I find it interesting.
I also believe she was left naked in order to humiliate To further take away her dignity.

OK, great, POB's here.

So, Pob, we've heard from Ana. And you've played this same game, and, in fact, played with Jennifer.

So...Ana's given us her opinion. What's your opinion? Is this game a venue where a person is likely to form an emotional attachment to another player?

You become good friends with people playing online games, as for making a new life with a fellow player I never heard of and sounds absurd IMO.

Since the chatting methods within a game is limited. In my experience the chatting moves outside the game to Skype or Yahoo Messenger for example. Not that it continues within the game environment itself.

It is still an assumption that the anonymous friend was suggesting the emotional attachment had happened. But made the comment while discussing hypothetical scenarios that could have led to Jen becoming missing. The latter is not suggesting she developed an emotional attachment, but as a possible event in regarding a possible scenario. Where as the former suggests it was happening.

However when you read the comment in the article it screams as if the person is saying that it happened.

Hmmm...let's see...the exact quote was "It sounded like she was developing an emotional attachment to somebody."

Now, if I were suggesting a possible scenario, I would phrase it more like..."Well...it's possible that..." or "Maybe she..."

Beginning a sentence with "it sounded like" makes the statement seem more authoritive -- as if the anonymous source had discussed this with GR, or that Jenn had confided in her.

But...I suppose the anonymous source will be asked to explain her statement more fully before the Grand Jury. So, we'll just have to wait until then to get clarification.

In the meantime, since we have no evidence that Jennifer was forming any sort of emotional attachment with one of her fellow gamers, we shall assume that the statement made on condition of anonymity was either taken out of context, and she didn't really mean to say that Jennifer was getting involved with someone, or that the anonymous source was deliberately fabricating this statement to throw the police investigation in the wrong direction.

I wonder why none of the friends or anonymous speakers to the press didn't consider Jen's feelings or anger in saying some of the things they had said about her. These statements were in fact stated when no one except the person involved knew she was in fact dead. Why the double standard in the treatment JR vs GR from these people? I find it interesting.
I also believe she was left naked in order to humilateI wonder why none of the friends or anonymous speakers to the press didn't consider Jen's feelings or wrath in saying some of the things they had said about her. These statements were in fact stated when no one except the person involved knew she was in fact dead. Why the double standard in the treatment JR vs GR? To me it shows nothing to fear from JR but something in fact to fear from GR. I find this interesting.
I think the purpose of leaving her there naked was to humiliate her. To further take away her dignity.

Take away her dignity...that seems to have happened to Jennifer quite a bit.

You become good friends with people playing online games, as for making a new life with a fellow player I never heard of and sounds absurd IMO.

Yes, it does sound absurd.

As Solus has pointed out, her communication with the mythical gamer would have likely progressed to Skype or Yahoo messenger.

And, of course, LE has inspected her phone, and her phone records, and her computer, and would have come across an electronic trail, if one existed.

And we haven't heard any warnings from LE about the Camelot Killer who preys on stay-at-home Moms and lures them away from their families to a snowy grave.

But be on the alert, Ana and POB -- you never know.....

RSBM. Speaking of yahoo chat...since many people had yahoo chat, do you think it likely or was this just a statement of possibilities? Yahoo chat was due to be shut down, and was completely removed 3 days after JR went missing
(December 14 2012)...so if they chatted on there, would they not return to the game, and set up other arrangements, or just continue on messenger? Yahoo chat going down surely affected many lives. Perhaps we can locate some info on where everyone went after that...while not affecting Jen, it might give clues as to who she may have chatted with prior to her disappearance and subsequent death, since for many, it was the most active and free chat...and there you can keep your conversations on messenger for future reference....ideas???

Take away her dignity...that seems to have happened to Jennifer quite a bit.

You quoted me before I fixed it darn you! lol I guess if you start a post and leave to get a dog throwing up outside it saves it but hid the save?

But...I suppose the anonymous source will be asked to explain her statement more fully before the Grand Jury. So, we'll just have to wait until then to get clarification.

In the meantime, since we have no evidence that Jennifer was forming any sort of emotional attachment with one of her fellow gamers, we shall assume that the statement made on condition of anonymity was either taken out of context, and she didn't really mean to say that Jennifer was getting involved with someone, or that the anonymous source was deliberately fabricating this statement to throw the police investigation in the wrong direction.

Why do you believe the anonymous friend was female?

"It sounded like she was developing an emotional attachment to somebody."

'It sounded like' implies this was third hand information already, note they didn't say 'from what Jenn told me, it sounded...' This is worthless gossip IMO. No source at all.

Also, the thing with GR finding the lingerie. Just goes to prove he knows nothing whatsover about women. Period. Don't make me have to explain this....:)

I also believe she was left naked in order to humiliate To further take away her dignity.

What exactly did I say that was inconsiderate to Jen's feelings. What have I done that showed a double standard in the treatment of JR vs GR?

There is a massive assumption that everyone involved is for one or against the other. That is not the case.

'It sounded like' implies this was third hand information already, note they didn't say 'from what Jenn told me, it sounded...'

Also, the thing with GR finding the lingerie. Just goes to prove he knows nothing whatsover about women. Period. Don't make me have to explain this....:)

Every statement from friends like the one above is only being evaluated from one perspective. You're looking at it as if it is being said by a person that had first hand knowledge of exactly what happened to Jen and was involved in a massive cover up to hide it.

Being a friend of GR doesn't imply conspiracy. If a friend of yours was accused of being involved in a crime, does that infer every comment you made was an attempt to conceal the crime for them.

Regarding the under garments: I'm not sure what you are referring to. However, I tend to agree that GR knows nothing about women :).

RSBM. Speaking of yahoo chat...since many people had yahoo chat, do you think it likely or was this just a statement of possibilities? Yahoo chat was due to be shut down, and was completely removed 3 days after JR went missing
(December 14 2012)...so if they chatted on there, would they not return to the game, and set up other arrangements, or just continue on messenger? Yahoo chat going down surely affected many lives. Perhaps we can locate some info on where everyone went after that...while not affecting Jen, it might give clues as to who she may have chatted with prior to her disappearance and subsequent death, since for many, it was the most active and free chat...and they you can keep your conversations on messenger for future reference....ideas???

I do not have any first hand knowledge of the apps that she was using. I will explain what I have been told about what apps, once I've been verified.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541