Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im so confused...I specifically haven't posted a word about Facebook today. I think I must be missing something though because my pages are all messed up like posts are disappearing. Did our unverified family friend leave and delete? I am on my iPad and it (my iPad LOL) can get a little crazy sometimes.

Dont think it was them that deleted - kwim :)

I do not see why not...it expressly states from LE that the autopsy results are not back on Jennifer. And it states that they will make an inquiry regarding the removal of the HFJR page, and that they had nothing to do with it....so we can now disregard the FB info stating that, and put our attention back to JR....where it should remain
https://www.facebook.com/chenango.sheriff Wednesday post and is public.

This is about Jennifer, but I need to mention the Sheriff's response.

I simply cannot fathom why the Sheriff is having to use precious resources to investigate this, when there is a husband working at a huge computer firm. I am sure IBM would be able to help with this kind of investigation - they must have loads of computer experts there who know about hacking.

I cannot imagine they would turn down a request from an employee in need, where a search for justice for his wife was being obstructed.

If Mr Ramsaran has asked and been turned down, it is a great shame. If Mr Ramsaran has not asked, I would find that deeply concerning, and highly questionable.

Guys - some discussion of the hacking is allowed BUT we are not pointing any fingers or blaming anyone - UNLESS someone has absolute proof (beyond the reasonable doubt of management).

I have removed some posts and when Mgmt has time to look them over, they may be restored, snipped and restored or they may remain gone.

Please DO NOT do any finger point here.

Thanks,

Salem

I do not see why not...it expressly states from LE that the autopsy results are not back on Jennifer. And it states that they will make an inquiry regarding the removal of the HFJR page, and that they had nothing to do with it....so we can now disregard the FB info stating that, and put our attention back to JR....where it should remain
https://www.facebook.com/chenango.sheriff Wednesday post and is public.

Thanks Bear -- and I had to look at twice -- then ROTFL -- might want to fix... gggg :floorlaugh:

I noticed that too and was too 'English' to be able to point it out. Twisted myself in knots thinking how to do it.

Or maybe the phone w as never actually ditched and the situation was manipulated to look like so?
This is just a most likely scenario.

That's a possibility too.

If it was manipulated to look like it was there, then that could possibly be an indication as well as someone trying to make use of the dead signal zone in the area.

Perhaps to explain a possible lack of calls to the phone. If the phone was never out there, and he called the phone while it was in his possession... the signal would read off the local towers near his house, pin pointing the location of the phone, where and when the calls were made.

Knowing of that dead signal area out there on 23, it's possible it could have been planted there, to make it appear that the calls were dropped because of that dead signal... to perhaps attempt to explain a lack of calls.

If their carrier was AT&T, then it's possible that he didn't know that there was a strong signal for AT&T.

That adds additional questions to mix though.

Instead of planting the phone out there and then "finding it"... why not say that Jennifer had left her cell phone at home when she left?

That could be the snag in the possible narrative.

It was presented as a "runaway wife" scenario at the beginning. It was also emphasized that she was playing games via her phone and may have met someone through that, and ran away with them.

I feel that it would have been more likelier for her to have left her phone at home if she was leaving GR, so that he couldn't track her through the "Find My IPhone" app, or call her, to try to talk her into coming back. That's assuming she "ran away" of course, which there's no indication that she was planning to do so.

Assuming that the phone was actually there all along...

It's possible that the phone was purposely tossed out to make it appear that it was a "runaway wife" scenario, but again also to mask the location of the eventual site where Jennifer's body was left (preventing cell towers from reading off the signal).

It's also possible that Jennifer could have been alive, and had attempted to dial 9-1-1, and the perpetrator grabbed the phone, and tossed it (not knowing whether the call to 9-1-1 had gone through or not), then diverted course off the main road as a precaution (again, possibly up Moon Hill Road, as treacherous a drive as it is up to the top of Moon Hill through that way).

Adding to that scenario... it's even possible that she was overcome by the perpetrator in that area on the assumption of it being a dead signal zone. The perpetrator could have thought along the lines that a call made to 9-1-1 couldn't be made there, but tossed the phone as a precaution.

Which leads me to wonder if there was a possible dropped call on the 11th of December from that phone to the 9-1-1 dispatcher, that was abruptly disconnected.

It was presented as a "runaway wife" scenario at the beginning. It was also emphasized that she was playing games via her phone and may have met someone through that, and ran away with them.

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman

It is possible that there wasn't an intention to portray her as a runaway wife. When people attempt to comprehend something that is uncomprehensible there is a tendency to ignore what is known and focus on what is not understood.

For example if a person could never see JR as the type of person to leave willingly, or contemplate that GR was involved. Then the focus would shift to an alternate explanation. That doesn't imply a negative view of JR. Or an attempt to deceive. It could possibly mean mentioning anything that might potentially be important or might trigger a memory.

In the same link, the portrait painted of Jennifer is that of a married, but emotionally starved female who was hungry for outside male attention, and if and when she received it, Jennifer would be desperate, naive and silly enough to pursue it in person:

snipped

BBM

“It sounded like she was developing an emotional attachment to somebody,” said a source who spoke to The Daily Star on the condition of anonymity. “If there was somebody showing her an awful lot of attention, I could see her being misled.”

http://thedailystar.com/localnews/x1423436202/Officials-seek-leads-on-missing-area-woman

In the same link, the portrait painted of Jennifer is that of a married, but emotionally starved female who was hungry for outside male attention, and if and when she received it, Jennifer would be desperate, naive and silly enough to pursue it in person:

snipped

BBM

“It sounded like she was developing an emotional attachment to somebody,” said a source who spoke to The Daily Star on the condition of anonymity. “If there was somebody showing her an awful lot of attention, I could see her being misled.”

'It sounded like'. Attributed to an anonymous source... Give me a break. Eithe the person has something to add and is willing to contribute something of substance with some actual facts, or it is just gossip and any news paper that prints drivel like this is not helping do anything except spead gossip. The person who supposedly said this implies a very close relationship to JR, yet cannot have the respect to either own up to the comment or keep their mouth shut.

Potentially that was the intent.

However in that article you are reading select comments chosen by a reporter from a statement without any context. There has been context assoicated to the statement without any evidence that the context is true.

Another possibility was the source was trying to talk about hypothetical scenarios. Trying to make sense of what was known to be uncharacteristic behavior, but could potentially explain how they had arrived at the situation that was there.

This may seem strange to suggest that the media is not representing a scenario with 100 percent accurately, but it happens.

It is possible that there wasn't an intention to portray her as a runaway wife. When people attempt to comprehend something that is uncomprehensible there is a tendency to ignore what is known and focus on what is not understood.

For example if a person could never see JR as the type of person to leave willingly, or contemplate that GR was involved. Then the focus would shift to an alternate explanation. That doesn't imply a negative view of JR. Or an attempt to deceive. It could possibly mean mentioning anything that might potentially be important or might trigger a memory.

It's possible that it wasn't the intention, but what was presented at the very beginning was enough to make some assume that she had run away.

Especially the Missing Person's report, filed by the Chenango County Sheriff's Department on December 14th.

Info sought on missing New Berlin woman

The Chenango County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a missing person complaint.

Jennifer L. Ramsaran, 36, of Sheff Road in the town of New Berlin was last seen leaving her home Tuesday morning, according to a media release from the sheriff's office. She told her husband she was going to Destiny USA in Syracuse to shop, and left in a maroon 2006 Chrysler Town and Country minivan with New York license plate EFA1962. Her cell phone was found Wednesday on State Route 23 in the town of Plymouth.

According to the release, Jennifer may have changed her hair color and style before leaving on Tuesday.

The Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information to contact the Sheriff’s Office at 334-2000, option 1. All calls will be kept confidential.

They never specified (to my knowledge), to which color she "may" have changed it to, in any of their following press statements or media reports.

Through including the statement about her hair... it led the many who didn't know her, to believe that she may have ran away.

The lack of presenting verifiable things about her that one could relate to, and the focus instead being on the husband's statements through the media on things about her that didn't define her personality (some of which came across as a critique), has also been a contributing factor to the belief that she ran away, by people that didn't know her.

If those things (Sunday school teacher, caretaker, artist, knitter, etc.) were presented from the beginning, or emphasis on those things, instead of the random things presented by the husband, that painted a picture of one that was "troubled;" more people wouldn't have bought into the story or theory that she ran away.

The lack of presenting verifiable things about her that one could relate to, and the focus instead being on the husband's statements through the media on things about her that didn't define her personality (some of which came across as a critique), has also been a contributing factor to the belief that she ran away, by people that didn't know her.

If those things (Sunday school teacher, caretaker, artist, knitter, etc.) were presented from the beginning, or emphasis on those things, instead of the random things presented by the husband, that painted a picture of one that was "troubled;" more people wouldn't have bought into the story or theory that she ran away.

I'm not saying I disagree with you.

However, if we stick with the initial article for a moment. It is possible that they didn't see how it would help to mention all the good characteristics. While it is easy to second guess what should have been done, keep mind people are people. That doesn't necessary imply that there was an intent to deceive.

However in that article you are reading select comments chosen by a reporter from a statement without any context. There has been context assoicated to the statement without any evidence that the context is true.

Another possibility was the source was trying to talk about hypothetical scenarios. Trying to make sense of what was known to be uncharacteristic behavior, but could potentially explain how they had arrived at the situation that was there.

This may seem strange to suggest that the media is not representing a scenario with 100 percent accurately, but it happens.

BBM

The context of the quote is explained in the opening paragraph of the article, directly above anonymous' quote.

IMO, no mystery here in what was trying to be conveyed about Jennifer by the source, rather than by the author of the article.

snipped

BBM

Jennifer Renz Ramsaran, the 36-year-old stay-at-home mom missing for a week under suspicious circumstances, had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday.

Hoping I can post this. Just saw JRMP FB was turned back to the "family" from LNM. I'm probably wishful thinking but maaaaaybe some movement is gonna happen soon! MOO. :prayer:

BBM

The context of the quote is explained in the opening paragraph of the article, directly above anonymous' quote.

IMO, no mystery here in what was trying to be conveyed about Jennifer by the source, rather than by the author of the article.

Jennifer Renz Ramsaran, the 36-year-old stay-at-home mom missing for a week under suspicious circumstances, had begun discussing the possibility of separating from her husband and had made new online gaming friends through her iPhone account, a family friend said Tuesday.

Unless the person that made the commments was the one that wrote the article you cannot know the context. The article was written by a reporter who then took select comments and inserted them. You can infer what the reporters context is, but not the context of the sources the comments. There is a distinct difference.

Is there something you know about the interview that led to this article? it sounds as if you might.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest