Found Deceased NY - Jennifer Ramsaran, 36, Chenango County, 11 Dec 2012 - # 9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe Jennifer may have been insured through a spousal work scheme at IBM. I would hope they would be aware of the circumstances surrounding her death by now.

I believe Jennifer may have been insured through a spousal work scheme at IBM. I would hope they would be aware of the circumstances surrounding her death by now.
*whoops, looks like I misread your post, sorry

Most companies provide life insurance for the employee and spouse for pennies. I really would not think this is quite odd. I had about a million for my husband and abut 5 million for myself and my employer paid for some of the payment and I paid the rest. I ended up paying like 20 bucks a months out of pocket.

I wouldn't think it was odd to take advantage of such good schemes either.

But I might look at them twice if the insured partner was say, found naked and dead at the side of a road.

Msg posted twice and I can't seem to delete so am changing to this;

Has anyone got the press releases about all the hacking around Jennifer's case? I can't find a single thing.

Perhaps that was because all the hackers were Anonymous?

Yes, they both had insurance policies through IBM. But GR cannot submit a claim without a death certificate from the medical examiner giving cause of death. And even then, the insurance company is highly likely to withhold insurance until the investigation is complete (both LE's and their own). In fact, they can even launch their own civil suit:

"a civil action might prove that the beneficiary was a willful slayer, despite the absence of a criminal conviction.[51] Thus, the beneficiary might be barred from collecting the proceeds of an insurance policy in a subsequent civil action under the common law rule without regard to whether he or she was tried and convicted for the insured’s murder. A conviction or guilty plea is not a prerequisite to the beneficiary’s disqualification"

In Eskridge v. Farmers New World Life Insurance Co.,[53] the insured carried three life insurance policies totaling approximately $350,000. The insured was found dead, but the medical examiner could not determine the exact cause of death due to severe decomposition. Nevertheless, he did not eliminate death by homicide. The estranged husband had been listed as beneficiary and the insured’s children challenged his right to receive the proceeds. Though no criminal charges resulted, a subsequent civil action determined that the husband had murdered the insured, barring him from recovering the insurance benefits. The decision was affirmed on appeal.

http://www.thefederation.org/documents/schuman.htm

GR's employers at IBM are probably aware of his wife's death, but perhaps not of the circumstances surrounding it, as he was working "long distance" -- I think he probably answers to the offices in Atlanta or Texas; doubt that the Endicott IBM (which is more local) is his "home office" as they've downsized almost into oblivion.

Msg posted twice and I can't seem to delete so am changing to this;

Has anyone got the press releases about all the hacking around Jennifer's case? I can't find a single thing.

Perhaps that was because all the hackers were Anonymous?

Jumping off: I'm a little worried about Jillian. Jillian, check in...

Yes, they both had insurance policies through IBM. But GR cannot submit a claim without a death certificate from the medical examiner giving cause of death. And even then, the insurance company is highly likely to withhold insurance until the investigation is complete (both LE's and their own). In fact, they can even launch their own civil suit:

"a civil action might prove that the beneficiary was a willful slayer, despite the absence of a criminal conviction.[51] Thus, the beneficiary might be barred from collecting the proceeds of an insurance policy in a subsequent civil action under the common law rule without regard to whether he or she was tried and convicted for the insured’s murder. A conviction or guilty plea is not a prerequisite to the beneficiary’s disqualification"

In Eskridge v. Farmers New World Life Insurance Co.,[53] the insured carried three life insurance policies totaling approximately $350,000. The insured was found dead, but the medical examiner could not determine the exact cause of death due to severe decomposition. Nevertheless, he did not eliminate death by homicide. The estranged husband had been listed as beneficiary and the insured’s children challenged his right to receive the proceeds. Though no criminal charges resulted, a subsequent civil action determined that the husband had murdered the insured, barring him from recovering the insurance benefits. The decision was affirmed on appeal.

http://www.thefederation.org/documents/schuman.htm

GR's employers at IBM are probably aware of his wife's death, but perhaps not of the circumstances surrounding it, as he was working "long distance" -- I think he probably answers to the offices in Atlanta or Texas; doubt that the Endicott IBM (which is more local) is his "home office" as they've downsized almost into oblivion.

Thanks for all the info. :)

Well...that's what I'm wondering...because darned if I can't find any statements like that being made BEFORE L&M came on the scene. Of course, CC wouldn't have done that intentionally. But she did want to focus on finding a "living Jennifer" -- and so she no doubt presented several example to GR of cases in her experience where people were missing and then turned up alive (to encourage and support him, of course, because that was her stated mission), and he probably grabbed that and ran with it (except that he seems to have mixed 2 potential scenarios all up together) because then suddenly we were hearing that Jennifer had "changed" in the last 6 to 9 months and was so depressed she started buying new clothes and wearing nail polish and dressing up.

So...unless we can get some corroboration from her family or her priest or friends of hers (who weren't sleeping with her husband) about this horrific change -- shall we consider this another fabrication meant to disparage her character and distract???

BBM
In answer to that question, I have just seen this post by Jen's sister. She says neither her not her parents saw any change in Jen.

http:///lostnmissing-inc/#r_id-151468--user_id-202219

(3rd post down by Joann Buff)

BBM
In answer to that question, I have just seen this post by Jen's sister. She says neither her not her parents saw any change in Jen.

:what: holy moly

Bear question today: Why are we giving them the attention, that they so desperately seek?

BBM

Thank you SO MUCH, LolaAngelina. Just as I suspected, another fabrication to distract. Here's the precise quote from Joann Buff, Jenn's sister:

There was no “behavior change” around me or my parents who LIVE NEXT DOOR to her.

Once again, let's ask, WHY the husband would spread false allegations about Jennifer???

The man (husband) who murdered my aunt spread false allegations about her and why she had run off. The tragedy was, because she'd had treatment for mental health issues and he was such a charming, arch manipulator, we all believed him.

Ony when she was dug up from her own garden, did we realise what he had done.....and that all those stab wounds might provide a clue to treatment in the past that caused her mental health issues. Hospital was probably a refuge for her. We never forgave ourselves.

Jennifer's loved ones are going through something so terrible now, but I would say to them if I could, I think one day you will be able to look back and take comfort from the fact you were there when Jennifer needed you. You stood firm and defended her against attacks when she could no longer defend herself. You never let her down.

My uncle believed he was brilliant and treated the investigation into my aunt's death as a game - a competition even. He thought he'd won because he was indeed quite clever, and outwitted many people. He convinced the jury he was brilliant at gamesmanship too.

It really helped them to find him guilty.

It depends if the perp knew that.

I was referring though to the fact that there was a dead signal zone right there almost.

The phone may actually have been ditched beyond the range of that dead signal zone.

The fact that it was ditched near a known dead signal zone, could be an indication that it's a local.

If it's a local person that travels that stretch daily, but doesn't have AT&T as a provider, they're possibly likely to get dropped calls. They would also be likely to know the boundaries of the dead signal zone. They could also recall the boundaries from signal troubles with former providers.

If it's a local person that doesn't travel that stretch of road often, it's possible they may have knowledge that there is a dead signal area there, but they might not know where it starts and where it ends or they may have some slight knowledge of the boundaries, from small talk perhaps.

That could explain why the phone was ditched outside of the dead signal zone. Perhaps having knowledge of one being there, but lacking knowledge of the precise boundary.

It's also possible that they may not have known that AT&T has a strong signal in the area, but ditched it anyway. Plus, they most likely wouldn't have tried to use it.

If it was a person from outside of town that did this... why would they have randomly ditched a victim's phone in an area known to be a dead signal spot ever since the late 90's Nokia phone days?

It could be mere coincidence.
Or maybe the phone w as never actually ditched and the situation was manipulated to look like so?
This is just a most likely scenario.

The man (husband) who murdered my aunt spread false allegations about her and why she had run off. The tragedy was, because she'd had treatment for mental health issues and he was such a charming, arch manipulator, we all believed him.

Ony when she was dug up from her own garden, did we realise what he had done.....and that all those stab wounds might provide a clue to treatment in the past that caused her mental health issues. Hospital was probably a refuge for her. We never forgave ourselves.

Jennifer's loved ones are going through something so terrible now, but I would say to them if I could, I think one day you will be able to look back and take comfort from the fact you were there when Jennifer needed you. You stood firm and defended her against attacks when she could no longer defend herself. You never let her down.

My uncle believed he was brilliant and treated the investigation into my aunt's death as a game - a competition even. He thought he'd won because he was indeed quite clever, and outwitted many people. He convinced the jury he was brilliant at gamesmanship too.

It really helped them to find him guilty.

Thank you, Zweibel, for sharing...only one who has gone through such tragedy and horror can truly understand...I hope that maybe Jennifer's family can come here and read your words...and gain some comfort.

And...if they do...hugs from all of us...

And how fortunate we are to have someone with insight into certain personalities and motives -- from personal experience of a family member who went missing, later to be found dead, to guide us on the path to piecing together the truth of Jennifer's untimely death. .

For those that follow Chenango County Sheriff, there is an interesting response from the sheriff on their page.

Don't believe we can discuss it though.

For those that follow Chenango County Sheriff, there is an interesting response from the sheriff on their page.

Don't believe we can discuss it though.

I do not see why not...it expressly states from LE that the autopsy results are not back on Jennifer. And it states that they will make an inquiry regarding the removal of the HFJR page, and that they had nothing to do with it....so we can now disregard the FB info stating that, and put our attention back to JR....where it should remain
https://www.facebook.com/chenango.sheriff Wednesday post and is public.

Im so confused...I specifically haven't posted a word about Facebook today. I think I must be missing something though because my pages are all messed up like posts are disappearing. Did our unverified family friend leave and delete? I am on my iPad and it (my iPad LOL) can get a little crazy sometimes.

I'm on an ipad too. it's funny how us users always have suspicions the things are messing us around, Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541