Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New details emerge in slaying of Conn. man last seen at NYC party

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joseph-...at-party/?ftag=CNM-00-10aab5i&linkId=31348130

From your link:

Snip

The lawyer, Maurice Sercarz, has said the case has “serious problems” and will be “vigorously” contested. He told CBS News the two defendants were initially booked for second-degree murder, but those charges were “mysteriously” missing from the criminal complaint. He believes prosecutors do not have enough evidence to charge his client with murder.

“It’s only the beginning for us and I look forward to what our review of the evidence will reveal,” Sercarz told reporters.

The Manhattan District Attorney’s Office forwarded CBS News the complaint that did not include murder charges, but didn’t respond to a request for more information about why those were not being pursued.

According to the complaint, James Rackover told investigators he hosted a party in his apartment that was attended by several people including his acquaintance Dilione, a few young women and a man he didn’t know. He said he didn’t know what happened to the man who attended the party.

If the published reports are true and Dilione did in fact direct authorities to the burial site:

- Does anyone else find it curious that Dilione's initial cooperation is not at all reflected in the current charges or bail amount [which is the same as Rackover's bail]?

- What would motivate Dilione to provide the location of the body and then stop cooperating with NYPD?

- Might this be a sign that NYPD believes that Dilione is the one who did the stabbing and revealed the location of the body and painted himself as merely an accessory after the fact in order to pin the act of murder on Rackover?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

If the published reports are true and Dilione did in fact direct authorities to the burial site:

- Does anyone else find it curious that Dilione's initial cooperation is not at all reflected in the current charges or bail amount [which is the same as Rackover's bail]?

- What would motivate Dilione to provide the location of the body and then stop cooperating with NYPD?

- Might this be a sign that NYPD believes that Dilione is the one who did the stabbing and revealed the location of the body and painted himself as merely an accessory after the fact in order to pin the act of murder on Rackover?

Thanks, in advance, for your thoughtful feedback.

I think the lack of murder charges, at the moment, may reflect both suspects' somehow having the resources to secure private defense attorneys almost immediately. I'm not sure, but I believe Larry may also have a private attorney bc I would think if he had a public criminal defender, his/her name would have been released to the press by now.

It has occurred to me that the delay in filing murder charges against one or both may be in order to tempt one or the other to "confess" or cooperate in order to avoid a trial, guarantee a slam dunk or to testify against the other.

As you suggest, Larry may be dumping the actual murder entirely at the feet of James, which may or may not be the truth.

My issue is that given the info we have right now, I'm having a little difficulty believing that he would play such a huge role in such a heinous coverup, attempted cleanup and disposal of the victim's body without having participated in the actual murder. It just seems so "out there" to me in this particular case.

It appears that Larry had time to quietly dial 911 at some point had he come upon the bloody scene or woke up to it, and could have thus prevented the victim from being transported to NJ. Nothing so far indicates James was threatening him or that his own life was in imminent danger.

I don't think we know whether Larry divulged the NJ location prior to asking for his attorney, or during the presence of his attorney.

If both participated in the attempted cleanup, placement of body etc., would further forensic results necessarily point to whether one or both are responsible for the murder? IDK

The Plot Thickens...

Remember the quote from Jeffrey Rackover's longtime friend former NYPD detective Bo Dietl 'Jimmy had no father‎, Jeffrey tried to help him, he took him in.'?

Sadly it appears that Jeffrey Rackover was likely conned by a con man with a lengthy criminal history...

Well, an aunt of James Beaudoin II spoke with the NY Times on 18 November 2016 and shared the following:

An aunt of James Rackover’s, whom she knows as James Beaudoin II, instantly recognized a Facebook photo that shows James Rackover holding a puppy, which he had called to tell her.

“No way,” the aunt, Rachel Boyd, repeatedly said during an interview after midnight on Thursday from a hospital bed in Florida. “I love him. He’s not the type of person that could do this.”

Ms. Boyd said her nephew’s parents and four siblings were in Florida. At the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., home of Mr. Rackover’s family on Thursday, a woman who identified herself as his sister told a reporter to leave.

Ms. Boyd said her nephew left Florida about five years ago, and they had spoken frequently until about a month ago.

“He just wanted to go away and have a fresh start, and leave the drama here,” she said.

James Beaudoin II at his 2009 high school graduation:
18ARREST3-master315.jpg

The Plot Thickens...

Remember the quote from Jeffrey Rackover's longtime friend former NYPD detective Bo Dietl 'Jimmy had no father‎, Jeffrey tried to help him, he took him in.'?

Sadly it appears that Jeffrey Rackover was likely conned by a con man with a lengthy criminal history...

Well, an aunt of James Beaudoin II spoke with the NY Times on 18 November 2016 and shared the following:

James Beaudoin II at his 2009 high school graduation:
View attachment 104832

Bod Dietl has been around as a private PI, etc for a long time, and it has been reported that he has been a friend of Jeff's for 30 or so years. Obvi, he also appears to be a spokesperson for Jeff.

IMO, it makes sense that Jeff would have known James' Full & Complete history and criminal background poss from even BD. He would have already known that there were parents, etc. Would have had James checked out.

But, was he still taken in by him? Yes

Bod Dietl has been around as a private PI, etc for a long time, and it has been reported that he has been a friend of Jeff's for 30 or so years. Obvi, he also appears to be a spokesperson for Jeff.

IMO, it makes sense that Jeff would have known James' Full & Complete history and criminal background poss from even BD. He would have already known that there were parents, etc. Would have had James checked out.

But, was he still taken in by him? Yes

Agreed.

Do you find it curious that the 25 year old ex-con kept an apparently large safe in his apartment?

On Wednesday evening, detectives continued to search the apartment and were seen rolling a metal safe from the building.

Agreed.

Do you find it curious that the 25 year old ex-con kept an apparently large safe in his apartment?

A jeweler's adoptive son, perhaps diamonds? I don't know the jewels he produces, to be fair, does it use diamonds or other precious stones? Sex and elegance sells, where blood diamonds fall short, I guess? What's the insurance company that hired the suspect with his adoptive father's help about, I wonder? Has he been disowned, not a 'last forever thing'? I'm confused about why bail is low, he's not out, yet lawyered up, so who is paying, or using quid pro quo's that may exist, for all that and the spin?

HC, thank you! No disrespect noticed, fair enough point to make, but this young man would have been grieved because of the life he lived among his friends, family and what people feel for his loss at the hands of what seems craven, no matter how he fell into it, would be my guess. The ugly sheen of his death hasn't indeed stopped them, they're not ashamed of him, they're owning their Joey.

Agreed.

No, Not in this particular case bc of James' past charges. He would not trust that others, whether well known, acquaintances or invited though virtually stranger guests would not rip him off (money, jewelry and/or poss stash).

When the safe was initially reported after the "NYPD Source" Rumor about poss cocaine & steroid use that eve or early morn, I had thought that LE might poss find his drug stash inside.

However, had there been a large amount of illegal drugs in the safe, I would think that would have been reflected in an additional charge for James.

Whether or not Jeff had a father/son, sexual relationship or some other type of arrangement with James, he did not break any laws. The young James was clearly an adult, and the elder JR was free to have w/e type of relationship he wanted to enter into with James.

I can't imagine Jeff telling his family members, close friends or anyone living in that building that James was anyone but his long lost son. Can you imagine the other tenants/owners discovering the earlier robbery where he donned face-mask and weapon, and not fighting tooth & nail to try to get James out of the building they reside or have invested in?!?!

Knowing his criminal history, I can't see why Jeff would have adopted him. It likely would have tied up his finances & estate had he felt a need to ever break the relationship w/e type it was.

In addition to Bo D, JR's lawyers, accountants and advisers would certainly advise against adoption if they had Jeff's best interests in mind.

I'm not even sure the court would have permitted an adult adoption in this instance once James' criminal history was revealed.

Interesting it was the aunt that gave an interview. Not sleuthing her at all, but I did notice that the only visitors JB was allowed while in custody in 2009 were his aunt & uncle and a lay clergyman. All named. It made me wonder if he was living with his aunt & uncle at the time.

https://www.browardclerk.org/Web2/C...TC6lKkWbZk=&caseNum=07016157CF10C&category=CR

Could this also explain the person identified as his sister told the reporter to leave instead of defending her brother like the aunt had? Maybe there is a back story here?

'Ms. Boyd said her nephew’s parents and four siblings were in Florida. At the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., home of Mr. Rackover’s family on Thursday, a woman who identified herself as his sister told a reporter to leave.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/n...-found-in-new-jersey.html?_r=0&pagewanted=all

Whether or not Jeff had a father/son, sexual relationship or some other type of arrangement with James, he did not break any laws. The young James was clearly an adult, and the elder JR was free to have w/e type of relationship he wanted to enter into with James.

I can't imagine Jeff telling his family members, close friends or anyone living in that building that James was anyone but his long lost son. Can you imagine the other tenants/owners discovering the earlier robbery where he donned face-mask and weapon, and not fighting tooth & nail to try to get James out of the building they reside or have invested in?!?!

Knowing his criminal history, I can't see why Jeff would have adopted him. It likely would have tied up his finances & estate had he felt a need to ever break the relationship w/e type it was.

In addition to Bo D, JR's lawyers, accountants and advisers would certainly advise against adoption if they had Jeff's best interests in mind.

I'm not even sure the court would have permitted an adult adoption in this instance once James' criminal history was revealed.

Did he just adopted his name and good will, not any legal ties, which the suspect abused? Considering the muscle those two seem to have applied in carrying, transporting, digging a grave, washing, cleaning, sanitizing and disposing: their digital and social tracks possibly, not to mention throwing it all down the chute, then could other young men have ended up in similar circumstances but not fought as hard as Joey, possibly putting some humiliating or painful thing away and left with their lives? Does this look like just stuff gone wrong and carried away, they seemed lucid and strong enough, maybe framed, cause NYPD was onto them so fast, because Joey wasn't an extreme partier normally and he was missed?

Is there a clear confirmed timeline yet?

Could this also explain the person identified as his sister told the reporter to leave instead of defending her brother like the aunt had? Maybe there is a back story here?

'Ms. Boyd said her nephew’s parents and four siblings were in Florida. At the Fort Lauderdale, Fla., home of Mr. Rackover’s family on Thursday, a woman who identified herself as his sister told a reporter to leave.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/18/n...-found-in-new-jersey.html?_r=0&pagewanted=all

Well it's definitely curious his own parents weren't on the approved visitor list while he was in custody.

And here is the reference (also in the NYDN) to the request call for the luggage cart at about 6:30 PM. James could have called the desk & asked that the cart be sent up in elevator immediately or at fill-in-the-blank time (a later hour).

I don't know when the call to 911, when the caller reported having seen poss suspicious activity re duffel bag being dragged or placed in the vehicle, occurred.

Not sure if cleanup began between about 6:30 PM and ended shortly before the vehicle was clocked in the Holland Tunnel, or if the attempted cleanup was deemed complete earlier (about 6:30 PM) and the two made some pit stops in NYC to purchase any supplies prior to the 9:45 PM spotting of the vehicle in the HT.

<snip> Around 6:30 p.m., Rackover called the front desk to ask for a luggage cart, according to the Daily News. He was later seen using the cart to roll two suitcases out of the building.

http://patch.com/new-york/upper-eas...e-cops-raid-upper-east-side-condo-arrest-star

I can't imagine Jeff telling his family members, close friends or anyone living in that building that James was anyone but his long lost son. Can you imagine the other tenants/owners discovering the earlier robbery where he donned face-mask and weapon, and not fighting tooth & nail to try to get James out of the building they reside or have invested in.

Those are interesting points.

I think that most New Yorkers would have seen right through "this is my long-lost son" ruse. It probably raised more eyebrows than if he had simply said "this is my friend James". When James was being reported as the "son of" Jeff, their photos were confusing to me, because the photos of them together look like lovers, not father/son.

To your second point, I do agree that the other residents of the building would not have liked to have a tattooed ex-con living in the building, especially if he were violent. No doubt the staff would have known exactly what kind of person James was. I live in a similar building, and there are no secrets; it's like a small town, with nosy neighbors and gossip like you wouldn't believe. I wonder if Rackover was a board member. If he were, there is little they could have done about it. The board approves rentals, and I'm sure Rackover set it up to be approved.

Those are interesting points.

I think that most New Yorkers would have seen right through "this is my long-lost son" ruse. It probably raised more eyebrows than if he had simply said "this is my friend James". When James was being reported as the "son of" Jeff, their photos were confusing to me, because the photos of them together look like lovers, not father/son.

To your second point, I do agree that the other residents of the building would not have liked to have a tattooed ex-con living in the building, especially if he were violent. No doubt the staff would have known exactly what kind of person James was. I live in a similar building, and there are no secrets; it's like a small town, with nosy neighbors and gossip like you wouldn't believe. I wonder if Rackover was a board member. If he were, there is little they could have done about it. The board approves rentals, and I'm sure Rackover set it up to be approved.

BBM 1: Ha, I laughed when I read that, and I agree with you!

BBM 2: With only 2 apts on ea floor and an apt directly above and below, I wonder if a loud argument or any commotion was heard. But if a very loud argument had been heard, it's anyone's guess as to who was yelling, raising voices. The victim may have been attacked while sleeping, and/or he may have been quickly prevented from screaming.

IAE, I'll bet when those particular residents were questioned, other pertinent info was provided and a lid is being kept on it at the moment.

Did he just adopted his name and good will, not any legal ties, which the suspect abused? Considering the muscle those two seem to have applied in carrying, transporting, digging a grave, washing, cleaning, sanitizing and disposing: their digital and social tracks possibly, not to mention throwing it all down the chute, then could other young men have ended up in similar circumstances but not fought as hard as Joey, possibly putting some humiliating or painful thing away and left with their lives? Does this look like just stuff gone wrong and carried away, they seemed lucid and strong enough, maybe framed, cause NYPD was onto them so fast, because Joey wasn't an extreme partier normally and he was missed?

Is there a clear confirmed timeline yet?

^^RBBM

I think it's Possible that if there are others who believe or know they may have been harmed in anyway, they could come forward to LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goldengoose1997