Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, and I write this delicately:
Please link to the source of an article that infers that he is cooperating.

"neither suspect was cooperating with the investigation, Chief Boyce said."

Source:
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/1...after-buried-body-is-found-in-new-jersey.html

Note: Robert Boyce is NYPD's Chief of Detectives.

"A law-enforcement source claims that the murder of Joseph Comunale close to two weeks ago was over a pack of cigarettes
Comunale, 26, was at the apartment of James Rackover with Lawrence Dilione, when he told his host he was going to get smokes
Dilione, 28, reportedly told police that after Rackhouse refused to let Comunale leave, Comnunale said to the host: 'What are you going to do?'

By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:09 EST, 24 November 2016 | UPDATED: 10:04 EST, 24 November

An argument over a pack of cigarettes led to the murder of a Connecticut man according to law-enforcement sources who spoke with the New York Post.

Joseph Comunale, 26, was allegedly stabbed to death by party boy and con man James Rackover, 25, after telling him he was leaving his late-night after party to go grab some smokes.

The other man who has been arrested in connection with Rackover's death, 28-year-old Lawrence Dillione, reportedly told police that after Rackover refused to let Comunale leave, the young man said to his host: 'What are you going to do about it?"

The police investigators would not have known about this conversation and the alleged motive for the murder if Larry had not said it. That implies cooperation.
It further states that there was no one else present (ie the "adopted father" Jeffrey Rackover or a random drug dealer) who might be blamed for Joey's death. In other words Larry just fingered himself and James as present when Joey was stabbed to death.

Earlier pap reports implied Larry Dillone would turn states evidence against James Rackover to avoid spending the rest of his life in prison. Given that the former does not have a criminal record for assault and robbery dating since he was a teenager and a suspended license and the latter does, objectively speaking without any additional evidence guilt automatically would point to James.

However there is an honor code said to occur among those of Italian heritage which is why I was wondering to what degree Larry has chosen to be closed mouth. His family is prominent in his home town as well.

Respectfully, there is no honor among thieves or murderers or individuals capable of disposing of a body in the manner that we have learned imo.

His mouth is closed (for now) for the same reason that Jimmy's mouth is closed (for now).

They both appear to have good criminal defense attorneys.

Has nothing to do with Larry's heritage (which is painting with a broad brush).

"Police were reportedly able to locate the body immediately after being tipped off by the killer (above in Oceanport)" The article goes on to say that "the 3 men reportedly got into a fight."

To me that info infers Larry was cooperating to at least some degree with the police investigation.

BBM

IMO That sentence speaks volumes.
This makes no sense to me. Why even set bail? Why let either/both walk out?

I guess noone was inclined to put up that kind of cash for Jimmy. GOOD!

BBM

IMO That sentence speaks volumes.
This makes no sense to me. Why even set bail? Why let either/both walk out?

I guess noone was inclined to put up that kind of cash for Jimmy. GOOD!
Again, he STOPPED cooperating after he revealed the location of the body. This occurred BEFORE any formal arrest or indictment. He has NOT provided any cooperation since his arrest.

No murder charges yet. So is this only for those with access to private criminal defense attorneys?

Supposedly 32 pieces of evidence, videos of suspect/s, one suspect confesses to where body is located and admits he helped bring body to its grave. Bloody sheets, bloody apt, bloody clothes, luggage rack, bleach, etc etc etc

No idea if one or both murdered the victim??

What if both were assigned court appointed attorneys...a niggling feeling that there would be murder charge/s by now.

No murder charges yet. So is this only for those with access to private criminal defense attorneys?

Supposedly 32 pieces of evidence, videos of suspect/s, one suspect confesses to where body is located and admits he helped bring body to its grave. Bloody sheets, bloody apt, bloody clothes, luggage rack, bleach, etc etc etc

No idea if one or both murdered the victim??

What if both were assigned court appointed attorneys...a niggling feeling that there would be murder charge/s by now.

Right. I think they have excellent legal counsel. And, I think they have both gone silent with the thought that if neither one supplies information, the cops might not be able to piece together enough of a narrative with the evidence to charge either one with murder.

I do think if one is charged, that one will start talking and pointing fingers at the other.

jmopinion

Again, he STOPPED cooperating after he revealed the location of the body. This occurred BEFORE any formal arrest or indictment. He has NOT provided any cooperation since his arrest.

NOW I"m following your line of thought correctly. I was referring to what Larry said immediately when 1st approached by police investigators. They saw (and the media accounts differ) Larry and another man driving through the tunnel in what I believe was James Rackover's car (possibly legally owned by his "adopted dad" Jeffrey.)

With blood in the car and witnesses in his apt complex seeing what looked like a body wrapped in a sheet being thrown from the 4th floor window, along with the request for luggage carts when they obviously weren't travelling anywhere, Larry clearly appeared to be transporting a body. Do you think James Rackover now paints himself as a liar as he feigned total lack of knowledge?

On other sites it's been claimed Larry "is a rat." Obviously neither he nor James Rackover cared about the idea of an "Honor Code" that says you shouldn't desecrate a body etc, etc, etc. The issue of being Italian or not isn't the point. They lived in the part of the US where certain values of the traditional Italian culture predominate IMHO. In the same way I'll bet many families who aren't Italian regularly gather for traditional Sunday dinner.

Jeffrey Rackover, James "adopted father," was reportedly advised by friends to put a lot of distance between himself and the young stud he had tried to help after the story of Joey's death in the apt Jeffrey had rented came to light. He had already vacationed separately in CA "for work" the previous summer while James was living in the Hamptons.

It's assumed James had other intimate friends. He was photographed in revealing photos by a prominent gay artist. Certainly James Rackover did not have the college degree nor the work experience normally required for employment in the finance firm where he was employed. He's a salesman and apparently has talent in convincing people to buy.

The emphasis of my post was that LE was tipped off to Joey's location by THE KILLER.

They saw (and the media accounts differ) Larry and another man driving through the tunnel in what I believe was James Rackover's car

Source?

witnesses in his apt complex seeing what looked like a body wrapped in a sheet being thrown from the 4th floor window

I've never seen this tidbit reported. I'd be thrilled if you could point me to where it's reported. Thanks!

On other sites it's been claimed Larry "is a rat." Obviously neither he nor James Rackover cared about the idea of an "Honor Code" that says you shouldn't desecrate a body etc, etc, etc. The issue of being Italian or not isn't the point.

James Rackover was born James Arthur Beaudoin. The surname Beaudoin is French, not Italian.

I don't quite understand why one might suggest that simply because two of the individuals have Italian surnames, they must be members of or abide by the alleged rules of a small organization that has been portrayed in a plethora of movies and television shows....

"Evidence unearthed by police suggests a 2015 Mercedes Benz licensed to Jeffrey Rackover was used to transport the body. James Rackover was seen loading a large duffle bag into the vehicle in the late evening of Sunday, Nov. 13, according to a criminal complaint.

The vehicle was seen traveling from the Upper East Side into New Jersey via the Holland Tunnel Sunday Night and then back through the Holland Tunnel at 3 a.m. Monday morning. Rackover was then seen exiting the vehicle at a 58th Street garage Monday, according to the DA's office."

"After the killing, the police say, Mr. Rackover and Mr. Dilione carried Mr. Comunale’s body out of the apartment, loaded it into a car and drove to Oceanport, N.J., about 50 miles away. There, in a wooded area behind a florist shop, the police say, the men dug a shallow grave and buried Mr. Comunale. Chief Boyce said gasoline found at the grave site indicated that the suspects had tried to burn Mr. Comunale’s body when they buried it in a foot of dirt.

Mr. Dilione is listed on his LinkedIn page as the owner of Shore Point Roofing in Long Branch, N.J., near where the police discovered Mr. Comunale’s body."

Right. I think they have excellent legal counsel. And, I think they have both gone silent with the thought that if neither one supplies information, the cops might not be able to piece together enough of a narrative with the evidence to charge either one with murder.

I do think if one is charged, that one will start talking and pointing fingers at the other.

jmopinion

Yes. Also, James has prior experience dealing with LE. LD doesn't appear to be as street smart as James or as familiar with LE.

We know LD stopped talking once his attorney entered the room, but we don't know whether or not the info LD gave NYPD re body location and his utterances about his participation in assisting James in the aftermath of the murder would even be permitted to be used in any trial against him.

LD prob simply cracked under tremendous pressure during NYPD's questioning.

"A law-enforcement source claims that the murder of Joseph Comunale close to two weeks ago was over a pack of cigarettes
Comunale, 26, was at the apartment of James Rackover with Lawrence Dilione, when he told his host he was going to get smokes
Dilione, 28, reportedly told police that after Rackhouse refused to let Comunale leave, Comnunale said to the host: 'What are you going to do?'

By CHRIS SPARGO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 09:09 EST, 24 November 2016 | UPDATED: 10:04 EST, 24 November

An argument over a pack of cigarettes led to the murder of a Connecticut man according to law-enforcement sources who spoke with the New York Post.

Joseph Comunale, 26, was allegedly stabbed to death by party boy and con man James Rackover, 25, after telling him he was leaving his late-night after party to go grab some smokes.

The other man who has been arrested in connection with Rackover's death, 28-year-old Lawrence Dillione, reportedly told police that after Rackover refused to let Comunale leave, the young man said to his host: 'What are you going to do about it?"

The police investigators would not have known about this conversation and the alleged motive for the murder if Larry had not said it. That implies cooperation.
It further states that there was no one else present (ie the "adopted father" Jeffrey Rackover or a random drug dealer) who might be blamed for Joey's death. In other words Larry just fingered himself and James as present when Joey was stabbed to death.

Here's the link for that article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...th-man-party-boy-argument-getting-smokes.html

Hoping JR is charged with murder at his hearing, tomorrow!

Yes. Also, James has prior experience dealing with LE. LD doesn't appear to be as street smart as James or as familiar with LE.

We know LD stopped talking once his attorney entered the room, but we don't know whether or not the info LD gave NYPD re body location and his utterances about his participation in assisting James in the aftermath of the murder would even be permitted to be used in any trial against him.

LD prob simply cracked under tremendous pressure during NYPD's questioning.

Do both perps have the same attorney? Am I imagining that memory or did I read it?

Source?

I've never seen this tidbit reported. I'd be thrilled if you could point me to where it's reported. Thanks!

James Rackover was born James Arthur Beaudoin. The surname Beaudoin is French, not Italian.

I don't quite understand why one might suggest that simply because two of the individuals have Italian surnames, they must be members of or abide by the alleged rules of a small organization that has been portrayed in a plethora of movies and television shows....

<modsnip>. There are at least two (2) completely different media sources discussing the possibility joey was thrown out the window. It's not sensible in any case he could have fit in a suitcase. He had very broad shoulders and was certainly NOT small. Here's the 2nd source:

"Police discovered Comunale&#8217;s body in Oceanport, New Jersey, on Wednesday morning, according to sources.
The victim &#8212; a Hofstra University grad who worked as a sales associate at Tri-Ed Ltd. &#8212; had been stabbed nine times, and had a broken pelvis. He had also been set on fire in a possible effort to cover up the crime, and may have been thrown from a fourth-floor window, the sources said."

Admittedly this author is not as certain as the 1st one I quoted in the post I cannot now find.

Re the statement on the "Honor Code" and the behavior of Italians and those who may NOT actually be Italian but who grew up in the same environment and section of the NY adjacent or Tri-State area, and had long-term close friends and business partners who were definitely Italian and followed old-time traditions, I am on another website where many posters are clearly Italian and grew up in the same surrounding area. It's from their adamant voice on the choice of being a rat or spending your life in jail for a crime in which you weren't the primary instigator that I wrote the above statements now thoroughly maligned.

Honestly I spent a large part of my adult years in Hollywood and heard the same info about not ratting from 2nd generation Norwegian-Americans who'd grown up in the East Coast. So it's a widely held belief among many different family groups who aren't at all Italian. I guarantee you a majority of American immigrants who escaped from authoritarian and/or repressive regimes where the media was very controlled have the exact same mindset against being a rat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver