Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes, all reports include the fact that Joey was dropped from window.

Might you share a source for this claim? I've never, ever read this in a credible news source. But admittedly I may have missed it. Thanks!

HC,

[emoji144]

You're a delight and miles ahead as per your usual!

Thanks FindHC; you know the feeling is mutual. :)

It was note upthread how little "talk" and attention there has been given to all the people who would potentially have been going in and out of the Rackovers' apartments.

Would it be naive to take it as a good sign, since the three invovled aren't cooperating, that informants and people with information are staying under the radar to not hurt the case against the uncooperative three charged so far?

I've been most surprised that none of the three girls have commented on this publicly or even been identified. It could be a rare case of three people that don't want their 15 minutes (understandable with the early mentions of probable cocaine use but still curious).

By the way, I've come to the conclusion that Rackover and Dilione are dumber than I thought-- the cigarette motive is completely debunked by the fact that Comunale left the building with the girls and returned later.

Or is the idea that sick stuff could be happening at One Sutton Place enough of a controversy, given its well placed residents, to quash more questions, which is a somewhat conspiratorial and may be specious?

This is an excellent thought. I did find it curious that the New York Daily News has started referring to James as "the surrogate son of a famed jeweler" and not identifying Jeffrey Rackover by name.
Source:
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/suspect-charged-connecticut-man-stabbing-death-article-1.2900616

1. How could a body thrown out a window not cause a scene in itself? I do remember some initial reports said a 911 call about suspicious goings on.

2. Did James always have access to Jeffrey's vehicle and car keys ? I thought he didn't even have a license. Wouldn't it be strange for him to need it for hours in the middle of the night on a Sunday?

3. As for the girls just in my opinion maybe they don't want attention to themselves for being involved in any of this- leaving a club with strangers who may be murders. Maybe doing drugs. Maybe hooking up. Probably not something they want the world to know about. Or maybe police have advised them to stay quiet.

By credible I meant on the record statement with a name attached to it. Anyone whose followed a developing case knows how inaccurate the reports attributed to unnamed police sources tend to be.

Hang on. Let me get Boyce on the phone.
Seriously. 75% of our links are from unnamed and not LE sources.
Worked pretty well until now.

1. How could a body thrown out a window not cause a scene in itself? I do remember some initial reports said a 911 call about suspicious goings on.

2. Did James always have access to Jeffrey's vehicle and car keys ? I thought he didn't even have a license. Wouldn't it be strange for him to need it for hours in the middle of the night on a Sunday?

3. As for the girls just in my opinion maybe they don't want attention to themselves for being involved in any of this- leaving a club with strangers who may be murders. Maybe doing drugs. Maybe hooking up. Probably not something they want the world to know about. Or maybe police have advised them to stay quiet.

It is possible that the window did not face the street. Maybe faced a courtyard or a back alley, parking garage.

It is possible that the window did not face the street. Maybe faced a courtyard or a back alley, parking garage.

It may have been the ABCNews, with an interview with Joey's dad, but there was one report that mentioned his body may have been dropped in an area of the building no covered by cameras, posted somewhere upthread with that information quoted specifically, not to muddy the water.

<mod snip> So most are now in agreement with my statement that James Rackover was driving his "adopted dad's" expensive car with Larry Dillone through the tunnel to bury the body.

Some also believe there's a possibility the victim could have been thrown off the 4th floor window. Although there would have been a strong risk of neighbors or passersby seeing him fall at least that would explain why Joey wasn't able to inflict injury on anyone else. The sickening thought to consider would be if he was technically still alive before being pushed out. Perhaps he had been given a roofie or other drug?

Finally I know the mod said that no pictures of Max Gemma could be posted before he was formally charged. Can that rule now be broken?

Re the obviously very legally knowledgeable and extremely polite and diplomatic poster who earlier questioned my theories and train of thought your queries as to how I get to my stated conclusions are always welcome. However I often in life think
"outside the box."

<mod snip> So most are now in agreement with my statement that James Rackover was driving his "adopted dad's" expensive car with Larry Dillone through the tunnel to bury the body.

Some also believe there's a possibility the victim could have been thrown off the 4th floor window. Although there would have been a strong risk of neighbors or passersby seeing him fall at least that would explain why Joey wasn't able to inflict injury on anyone else. The sickening thought to consider would be if he was technically still alive before being pushed out. Perhaps he had been given a roofie or other drug?

Finally I know the mod said that no pictures of Max Gemma could be posted before he was formally charged. Can that rule now be broken?

Re the obviously very legally knowledgeable and extremely polite and diplomatic poster who earlier questioned my theories and train of thought your queries as to how I get to my stated conclusions are always welcome. However I often in life think
"outside the box."

Yes. Max Gemma was formally charged yesterday.

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...ird-man-charged-oceanport-body-case/95051914/

Question - we know Joey was stabbed multiple times. Has it been released that the cause of death was the stabbing?

Thanks in advance to anyone who remembers and can remind me.

Jeffrey tried to pass James off as his son in order to allow him to move into a condo in the building he (Jeffrey) lived in. Condo boards are notoriously strict and someone with multiple arrests like James would never have been allowed in without a familial connection.

Also, I Heard on 1010 that LE is putting pressure on MG and expect him to break and tell what he knows. His attorney thinks charging him is just a ploy to get the goods on the other two.

And he's adamant about it:

&#8220;If this is designed as an effort to squeeze him [MG], to make this a homicide case against anyone else, it&#8217;s not going to work,&#8221;
Mr. Bederow said. &#8220;He&#8217;s going to defend himself against what we think are overreaching charges.&#8221;

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/06/nyregion/joseph-comunale-max-gemma-arrest.html?_r=0

Question - we know Joey was stabbed multiple times. Has it been released that the cause of death was the stabbing?

Thanks in advance to anyone who remembers and can remind me.

Medical examiner said cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the torso.

IF he was thrown from the bldg, I think he must have been already deceased:

The Middlesex County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office performed an autopsy on the body, which police identified as Comunale, and determined that the cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the torso. The manner of death was ruled a homicide, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/details-em...ion-joseph-comunales-murder/story?id=43633225

Medical examiner said cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the torso.

IF he was thrown from the bldg, I think he must have been already deceased:

The Middlesex County Medical Examiner&#8217;s Office performed an autopsy on the body, which police identified as Comunale, and determined that the cause of death was multiple stab wounds to the torso. The manner of death was ruled a homicide, police said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/details-em...ion-joseph-comunales-murder/story?id=43633225

Thanks for confirming that. I'm trying to figure out the order of events and that info helps (well, not really, but it rules out a lame theory I had).

Regarding the pants, could they have been removed simply in an effort to make the body less identifiable - as if he were just some naked guy tossed in the lot? I know that doesn't make much sense, but in a panic of clean-up, perhaps it did. I'm sure the perps hoped Joey wouldn't be found for a long time and perhaps never found - and maybe being naked seemed to the perps a better chance for Joey not to be identified or at least not tied to them.

IDK! Just thinking aloud, speculating.

jmopinion, subject to change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members