Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeffrey tried to pass James off as his son in order to allow him to move into a condo in the building he (Jeffrey) lived in. Condo boards are notoriously strict and someone with multiple arrests like James would never have been allowed in without a familial connection.

The apartment was rented by Jeffery from the owner of the unit. This likely allowed for them to circumvent the condo board. (A couple weeks ago I was able to find the rental listing for the unit that was posted shortly before Rackover moved into the unit; I'll try to find it again)

Regarding the pants, could they have been removed simply in an effort to make the body less identifiable
This!

All of the actions by the dopey duo (Rackover and Dilione) are indicative of two dummies who think they did a great job of eliminating all evidence. The example I used previously was that I bet one of these dopes watched Making A Murderer on Netflix and remembered how the Daisy Fuentes jeans rivet allowed what was discovered in the burn pit to be connected to the victim. With that in mind, you'll recall that the dopey duo attempted to burn the corpse with gasoline (another idea they picked up from Netflix?) so it's likely that their plan was to completely incinerate the corpse and a naked body tells no tales. Since Netflix showcased how the tiniest remnants of things burned with the corpse can be used to identify it, they didn't want to make the same mistakes. Additionally, let's not forget that there was bleach used on the clothing that was found in the trash -- bleach to cover-up the bloodstains.

I just think these guys think they're brilliant and are really dumb so using things they saw on a TV show to avoid making the same mistakes makes sense because neither of these guys have ever been invited to a Mensa meeting...

OMG! Just read this again and this jumped out at me:

Surveillance video showed a male building resident wheeling two large pieces of luggage on a cart from the building on Sunday night. He then put the items into a car. The resident, WCBS 2 reported, "asked a doorman how long surveillance videos are kept on file."

http://gothamist.com/2016/11/18/ues_murder_comunale.php

Two pieces of luggage. Lord!

Webcriminal... interesting name.

OT: I do not understand why each State does not have a publicly available, free searchable database of BOTH court records and arrest records. Far too often will I read a news article which crucifies someone who is arrested and never see another news report about the outcome of the arrest. Nothing is more unfair than a sensationalized, titillating news article about an arrest (with all sorts of salacious allegations) and a never reported judicial outcome which the person is exonerated because when you Google that person, you're only going to read about the allegations and not the exoneration.

Hang on. Let me get Boyce on the phone.
Seriously. 75% of our links are from unnamed and not LE sources.
Worked pretty well until now.

But you're just cherry-picking the alleged details from unnamed sources that you choose to believe or decide are true. Or do you now believe that the murder was the result of an argument about cigarettes?

The apartment was rented by Jeffery from the owner of the unit. This likely allowed for them to circumvent the condo board. (A couple weeks ago I was able to find the rental listing for the unit that was posted shortly before Rackover moved into the unit; I'll try to find it again)

This makes sense. A coop board would not approve James, and if James did apply, it would mean a purchase of the unit as well as monthly maintenance fees - which might have been more of an investment than the senior JR wanted to pay for the junior, no matter what the arrangement was at the time.

I'm sure it's very uncomfortable in the hallways in the building and at board meetings and resident meetings lately. New York coop boards are serious business! What a mess.

jmopinion

OMG! Just read this again and this jumped out at me:

Surveillance video showed a male building resident wheeling two large pieces of luggage on a cart from the building on Sunday night. He then put the items into a car. The resident, WCBS 2 reported, "asked a doorman how long surveillance videos are kept on file."

http://gothamist.com/2016/11/18/ues_murder_comunale.php

Two pieces of luggage. Lord!

I think we all missed that detail!

Okay, so what's in the other piece?

This makes sense. A coop board would not approve James, and if James did apply, it would mean a purchase of the unit as well as monthly maintenance fees - which might have been more of an investment than the senior JR wanted to pay for the junior, no matter what the arrangement was at the time.

I'm sure it's very uncomfortable in the hallways in the building and at board meetings and resident meetings lately. New York coop boards are serious business! What a mess.

jmopinion

James' unit and one other unit on the 4th floor are occupied by renters and the other two units on that floor are occupied by the unit owners. In reviewing the building's records (yep, I'm a dork) I was surprised by the number of owners who rent out the unit(s) they own in that building.

Replying to myself. :)

Murder weapon, perhaps? AFAIK, the knife has not been recovered.

Have the two pieces of luggage been recovered? If not, they could've been dumped anywhere along their route that night, not necessarily at the same place where Joey was found.

jmopinion

To our fabulous WS team of moderators:
Are we at the point that a second thread should be started?

Ugh. Well, we have people who thought nothing of stabbing a young man a dozen times in the chest, maybe dropping him out of a window, dousing him with gasoline and burning him...
Would dismemberment to make him fit in the luggage be a stretch?

Or, maybe evidence. Whatever didn't fit down the chute. Comforters. Blankets. Or contents of the safe??

Literally, makes me want to rip my hair out. Just the thought.

Ugh. Well, we have people who thought nothing of stabbing a young man a dozen times in the chest, maybe dropping him out of a window, dousing him with gasoline and burning him...
Would dismemberment to make him fit in the luggage be a stretch?

Or, maybe evidence. Whatever didn't fit down the chute. Comforters. Blankets. Or contents of the safe??

Literally, makes me want to rip my hair out. Just the thought.

Jumping off this....for wild speculation.

If they emptied the safe, do you think they were removing evidence or setting the scene for a robbery story?

jmo

His partially-burned remains were found inside a suitcase that had been buried behind a florist....

authorities found a pair of pants that are believed to belong to Comunale, and bloody sheets inside of a garbage bag near the apartment building

Police also found blood evidence on one of the luggage carts

Police also received an unrelated 911 call about a man dragging a suspicious trash bag out of the fancy co-op building.

3A6E34B400000578-3940814-image-m-55_1479279374974.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-swanky-Manhattan-party.html#ixzz4SH8hGMoW

His partially-burned remains were found inside a suitcase that had been buried behind a florist....

authorities found a pair of pants that are believed to belong to Comunale, and bloody sheets inside of a garbage bag near the apartment building

Police also found blood evidence on one of the luggage carts

Police also received an unrelated 911 call about a man dragging a suspicious trash bag out of the fancy co-op building.

3A6E34B400000578-3940814-image-m-55_1479279374974.jpg

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...red-swanky-Manhattan-party.html#ixzz4SH8hGMoW

Hmmm....not sure about the Daily Mail's details.

I recall the body was found in a shallow grave. I assumed the guys dug it and put the body in the ground (or on the ground, depending on how shallow it was). But this report says the body was in the luggage not in the ground.

I'll look around some more too. Thanks for pulling that up!

jmo

Hmmm....not sure about the Daily Mail's details.

I recall the body was found in a shallow grave. I assumed the guys dug it and put the body in the ground (or on the ground, depending on how shallow it was). But this report says the body was in the luggage not in the ground.

I'll look around some more too. Thanks for pulling that up!

jmo

Quoting myself again.

Here's a local CBS report:

"The heartbreaking discovery for loved ones came in Oceanport, New Jersey, where police found Comunale’s body in a shallow grave in a wooded area behind a flower shop.

As CBS2’s Tony Aiello reported, sources said cadaver dogs found the body without much difficulty, buried under two fee of dirt."

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/11/16/nypd-disappearance-of-connecticut-man/

I'm thinking the body was not in the luggage. JMOpinion

But wait...there's another report:

Comunale's body was dug Wednesday from a shallow grave in a remote, wooded area of Oceanport, N.J. His body had at least 15 stab wounds, a broken pelvis and burn marks, according to police and the DA's office. The wounds suggested that Comunale was killed with a knife and that his body had been dropped from a high distance. A large duffel bag was discovered near the burial site, according to the DA's

http://patch.com/new-york/upper-eas...rder-suspect-we-took-joeys-body-oceanport-n-j

Jumping off this....for wild speculation.

If they emptied the safe, do you think they were removing evidence or setting the scene for a robbery story?

jmo

Disposing of evidence or anything illegal that was kept there. I haven't read anything pointing to them even mentioning an alleged robbery. These punks were in panic mode.

Disposing of evidence or anything illegal that was kept there. I haven't read anything pointing to them even mentioning an alleged robbery. These punks were in panic mode.

Yes, I agree.

But I do wonder how they were going to explain the evidence in the apartment. When cops arrived, if I recall, they found blood - and that was after a few days.

jmo

Yes, I agree.

But I do wonder how they were going to explain the evidence in the apartment. When cops arrived, if I recall, they found blood - and that was after a few days.

They're probably just not eagle-eyed like LE, easy to overlook small traces when you've been cleaning up a very large amount.

They're probably just not eagle-eyed like LE, easy to overlook small traces when you've been cleaning up a very large amount.
Exactly. I tend to think that they were stunned when evidence was discovered in Rackover's apartment because I believe that they were confident that removed absolutely anything and everything that would indicate that an incident occurred in that apartment.

No doubt that they were completely shocked when Comunale was reported missing on Monday and his disappearance attained significant media coverage. But their biggest surprises were how incredibly quickly NYPD was able to place Comunale in that building and the unprecedented speed that the building's security footage was reviewed and Comunale's movements within the building were established (I believe that Pat Comunale's 2 billion dollar security/surveillance company did the legwork and then fed that info and footage to NYPD).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89