Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #1 *Arrests*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In This concealment of a human corpse (plus other charges) and This Murder case, the only convicted felon living in the building that matters is James Rackover.

The other shareholders, renters and/or subletters residing in the bldg other than the elder JR (and he has not been criminally charged with anything) have nothing to do with this case.

Did he or LD alone murder Joey, or did both participate in his murder...the investigation is ongoing. It has never been reported that MG is involved with the actual murder nor concealment of the corpse. He has not been named a POI nor a suspect in the murder.

However, does the evidence released so far point towards both JR and LD being properly indicted & arraigned for the 3 charges of concealment of a human body, hindering prosecution and tampering with evidence? Yes, and IMO it doesn't look promising for either of them regarding those charges

I agree epiphany

I wonder when Jeffrey listed his place. Could it have been at the end of summer?

Will he feel obligated to buy James unit considering he broke the lease and now it will probably be hard to sell. Does NY have a ghoul disclosure law? I didn't make up that name. https://www.legalzoom.com/articles/ghoul-disclosure-must-home-sellers-disclose-paranormal-activity

Ironically in trying to answer my own question, i found this article about a suicide on the UES.. NY is a buyer beware state.. No forced disclosure
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2006/04/30/realestate/some-buyers-regret-not-asking-anyone-die-here.html

Jeffrey's unit is listed currently with Douglas Elliman (for $2,750,000). The interior has a lot of customization but is a bit tacky. By NY luxury standards this isn't a lot of money. Curiously, the ad states "no board approval needed". I think Jeffrey is an ambitious guy but not in the league of his customers. The apt was listed prior to the murder. James's apartment is only a 1 bedroom, so not enough room for so many to be sleeping it of from the night before. It is conceivable that some were sleeping on the 32nd floor at Jeffrey's. I live in a building about the same size, staffed the same, and the overnight staff knows everything that goes on, and who is coming and going. There are a lot of details here that have not been released.

Luke220, the Grand Sutton is actually a condop building, which is kind of in between a coop & a condo. The owners in a condop are still share holders but there is no coop board.

Jeffrey's unit is listed currently with Douglas Elliman (for $2,750,000). The interior has a lot of customization but is a bit tacky. By NY luxury standards this isn't a lot of money. Curiously, the ad states "no board approval needed". I think Jeffrey is an ambitious guy but not in the league of his customers. The apt was listed prior to the murder. James's apartment is only a 1 bedroom, so not enough room for so many to be sleeping it of from the night before. It is conceivable that some were sleeping on the 32nd floor at Jeffrey's. I live in a building about the same size, staffed the same, and the overnight staff knows everything that goes on, and who is coming and going. There are a lot of details here that have not been released.

Luke220, the Grand Sutton is actually a condop, which is a somewhere in between a coop and a condo. In condops, the owners are shareholders but there is no coop board telling people what to do.

From The NYTimes

<snip> Investigators, using license plates readers, were able to determine that, shortly before 10 p.m., James Rackover drove onto Franklin D. Roosevelt Drive and went through the Holland Tunnel into New Jersey. At 3 a.m. on Monday, the car crossed back into New York through the Holland Tunnel, and was back at Mr. Rackover&#8217;s building 15 minutes later.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/n...bodys-disposal-in-new-jersey-emerge.html?_r=0[/QUOTE]

This article is full of untruths. Starting with this:

The authorities said that Mr. Comunale, known as Joey, had met Mr. Rackover and Mr. Dilione on Saturday night in Greenwich Village. As the night went on, Mr. Comunale, who was with three women, accompanied the group to Mr. Rackover&#8217;s apartment on East 59th Street.

The article is not written well:
James was never out with them that night. Dilion led police to the place where it was buried it. James was seen leaving for New Jersey Sunday night.
So, Dilion calls his friend (I say friend lightly) asks him to bring back his duffel bag or some things and hang out. James heads out to meet Dilion and Dilion sets up and disposes of things in the bag James brought sometime later before he shows where the body is. The timeline makes no sense at all. Dilion and Gemma live 56 miles it was noted away, so the time is not strange. We know James did not grab a duffel bag with a body in it and throw a body into a car. He was set up. Dilion's childhood big shot from a big family killed a guy, of course Dilion is going to stick by Gemma, and these guys are trying to get over one on James, but it will not work. The truth usually prevails.

What if it's revealed that there were people at Jeffreys? They are being vague on blood evidence found in the apt. One article even said "in that room".. Not saying James apt.

There is so much discrepancy on who was where. James change that story about three times.

^^ RBBM

From The NYTimes

<snip> Investigators, using license plates readers, were able to determine that, shortly before 10 p.m., James Rackover drove onto Franklin D. Roosevelt Drive and went through the Holland Tunnel into New Jersey. At 3 a.m. on Monday, the car crossed back into New York through the Holland Tunnel, and was back at Mr. Rackover&#8217;s building 15 minutes later.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/19/n...bodys-disposal-in-new-jersey-emerge.html?_r=0

^^ Respectfully BBM

Neither was charged with murder. Initially, both James & Larry were arrested on other charges incl second degree murder.

I prob missed it, but would like a link from MSM for the reduction from murder 2 to Conspiracy (to commit murder?) charges.

[FONT=&amp]Prosecutors indicted 25-year-old [/FONT]James Rackover[FONT=&amp], the surrogate son of a famous jeweler, on charges including hindering prosecution and tampering with physical evidence &#8212; but not the [/FONT]murder of a party-going Hofstra graduate[FONT=&amp], the Daily News has learned.

[/FONT]
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc-crime/james-rackover-indicted-nyc-party-slay-not-murder-article-1.2896578

It takes 'something extraordinary,' to drop charges on your 'elephant in the room,' main suspect. I believe they are investigating this Hitchcock murder thriller/case well. I didn't write conspiracy to commit murder but meant it in a sense of conspiracy as in Gemma and Larry conspiring together to hide the evidence, bleach on blood. I mixed up the words. It is not often the DA lowers the charge on the main guy.

James better kiss the ground and kiss the sky if they follow the evidence thoroughly and he gets off, because he is going against a long time attorney (insider) and former Mayor's son.

What if it's revealed that there were people at Jeffreys? They are being vague on blood evidence found in the apt. One article even said "in that room".. Not saying James apt.

There is so much discrepancy on who was where. James change that story about three times.

From the beginning they said there was not a lot of blood evidence in the apt.

That is why I'm confused when I read that James would not have received board approval.

The police did say that they believe the crime was sexual in nature leading me to believe that they have proof of this statement.Was a rape kit performed? Was there possible scarring from previous encounter? _

in one fell swoop, LE accused them, on national TV, of being homosexual raping murderers.. They've kept mum on everything else.. Why share that?

@anonymous -i based it on the time that Gemma scrambled out of there which I believe to be 8am .

As far as JR protecting James it is confirmed that James was asked to move out at summers end. I posted link on that. James may have turned into a leach that he didn't know how to get rid of.

One article said Jeffrey hung out for the summer in Cali and James hung out for the summer in the Hamptons. Jeffrey has ended his unconditional over the top love of the son he never had, well conditional for the adopted son, well who knows? :waitasec:

So who is paying James high priced lawyer? His new Sugar Momma or Sugar Daddy from the Hamptons? Or was he simply adopted again?

The listing says 73 days on the market, which places it after the end of summer. I think that the listing brokers might rethink the reference to the unit's "sexy renovations". http://streeteasy.com/building/the-grand-sutton/32b
In my state, the murder disclosure only has to be made if the question is asked.

Wow! The plot thickens.. What's a sexy renovation? A heart shaped jacuzzi and mirrors on the ceiling lol(gag)

@anonymous -i based it on the time that Gemma scrambled out of there which I believe to be 8am .

As far as JR protecting James it is confirmed that James was asked to move out at summers end. I posted link on that. James may have turned into a leach that he didn't know how to get rid of.

That was the initial thought and is not at all apart of the current theory or prosecution.
The police did say that they believe the crime was sexual in nature leading me to believe that they have proof of this statement.Was a rape kit performed? Was there possible scarring from previous encounter? _

in one fell swoop, LE accused them, on national TV, of being homosexual raping murderers.. They've kept mum on everything else.. Why share that?

That was the initial thought and is not at all apart of the current theory or prosecution. Why share that? Homophobia? Bias? Presumption?

If only Dominick Dunne were around to piece this together. No stone would be left un-turned. I loved his writing and what a great, interesting person he was.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominick_Dunne

*snip*After the 1982 murder of his daughter Dominique, he came to focus on the ways in which wealth and high society interacts with the judicial system. A frequent contributor to Vanity Fair, Dunne also appeared regularly on television discussing crime from the 1980s to the end of his life... The Original Social Justice Warrior..

I'm really beginning to think he was lured there. He was there at 4 and dead by 7. It seems whoever did it had a long and smoldering hate.

Maybe Larry spent the summer in the Hamptons with James.. On Jeffreys dime.. They look awful cozy in Salsas picture.

Could Jeffrey have been trying to land Joey to get rid James and to make him jealous.

Maybe Larry was paid to get him over there. James seems to be getting close to being banished and Larry being the opportunistic I think he could be.. It's possible

The words "What are you going to do about it" could have meant Jeffrey and him or making him think that. That's possibly when all hell could have broken loose JMO

I also don't think they meant for him to get killed.. Head games may have just backfired

i do not believe any of this for a second. Joey has the (I forgot the show on the young guys and girls in New jersey) guido look. He looks really cute in some pics, photogenic (I give him that) with the muscles, dark tan, but not as cute in regular pics. James has the tall model, movie star presence, not the guido look, the look that fits into the mold the guys want in the ultra rich world. He cleans up well and fits right in. It would take James a nano second to find a new rich lover.

That was the initial thought and is not at all apart of the current theory or prosecution.

That was the initial thought and is not at all apart of the current theory or prosecution. Why share that? Homophobia? Bias? Presumption?
They really haven't added or changed anything that they initially said imo There are definitely sexual undertones to this case and I'd just like to know why they would blurt that out, yet nothing else. I feel it could most certainly be a crime of passion due to the savagery of the attack. I didn't mean any disrespect..

If only Dominick Dunne were around to piece this together. No stone would be left un-turned. I loved his writing and what a great, interesting person he was.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominick_Dunne

*snip*After the 1982 murder of his daughter Dominique, he came to focus on the ways in which wealth and high society interacts with the judicial system. A frequent contributor to Vanity Fair, Dunne also appeared regularly on television discussing crime from the 1980s to the end of his life... The Original Social Justice Warrior..

He would love all these over the top characters! Can you picture him describing Jeffrey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Merythe