Found Deceased NY - Joseph Comunale, 26, Manhattan, 12 Nov 2016 #2 *Arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@ephiphany I think the clothes are cut up because when Dilione possibly finished the dismemberment with power toolshe was fully clothed. imo

I think when Gemma went to get supplies he forgot rope so they MacGyvere'd the shrink wrap into something to tie each bundle of of evidence they were taking to Jersey.

The hoodie must be Gemma's.

I still say it all happened on the 32nd floor and that's why the safe was wheeled out, but no one else seems to think so. That's all have for now

BBM ^^ I agree they didn't have rope available...Oh, I see...yes, they prob tied the bulky comforter with it so it would fit down the apt garbage chute (the wrap-rope was in the high-rise garbage chute)! That makes sense

@epiphany I still think they might try to use old footage of James packing for the summer in the Hamptons.. 2 suitcases turned into 4 duffel bags and a backpack.

That may be the only footage they have of James. It was 40° in NYC on the 12th of Nov. I checked the last time I thought they might try to pull this. Imo

It's elder JR's Mercedes:

<snip> He&#8217;s [JR] shown on surveillance wheeling the cart, loaded with four duffle bags and a backpack, to the front of the building, where he transferred the cargo to the trunk of a Mercedes registered to the elder Rackover, court papers state.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/17/we-hav...der-suspect-butchered-man-out-fear-of-prison/

I still don't understand why Bo Dietl would say he didn't know if that was his friend's car when they've been buds for 30 years.

@epiphany What I meant about the temp is we can tell if James is wearing summery looking clothes as opposed to winter clothes.

@epiphany I still think they might try to use old footage of James packing for the summer in the Hamptons.. 2 suitcases turned into 4 duffel bags and a backpack.

That may be the only footage they have of James. It was 40° in NYC on the 12th of Nov. I checked the last time I thought they might try to pull this. Imo

But they ID'd James on video leaving the vehicle after parking it 3AM Mon morn and walking to bldg. The following day, a cadaver dog alerted to body fluids in the area of the trunk:

<snip>

3:15 A.M. MONDAY
Surveillance video from a parking garage on East 58th Street in Manhattan shows where the Mercedes went next.

"I observed what appeared to be a black Mercedes, driven by defendant Rackover, enter the garage and park, after which I observed defendant Rackover leave the vehicle," the NYPD detective wrote in the complaint.

TUESDAY
<snip> Later that day, a cadaver dog approaches Rackover's Mercedes parked in the garage and makes a positive alert for the presence of a human body or bodily fluids in the area of the trunk or rear panels of the car, the complaint states.

The K-9 officer takes the cadaver dog to James Rackover's apartment, and the dog also indicates that there was a presence of a human body or bodily fluids at that apartment.

http://abc7ny.com/news/timeline-details-in-murder-of-missing-man-in-manhattan/1614077/

(modsnip)

My point being, TMZ wouldn't show interest.

My point being, TMZ wouldn't show interest.
With all due respect, I think TMZ would have been all over it but were asked not to, so they didn't. Along with many others, for whatever reason

What was this BBM below used for?

These guys must have been going mad that early Sun through Mon morning when they thought the worst might be over.

At first I thought to drag the body onto the cart, but that doesn't make sense. Then, I thought to drag the body from where the victim last was to the bathroom/bathtub bc they would need to remove him from any of the main areas (incl bedroom) into the bathtub anyway, in case of elder JR's arrival.

But then, that doesn't make sense bc if they didn't want to lift him due to DNA, hairs, etc., would you just then toss it down the garbage chute?

What about attempting to pull the safe due to perhaps it being too heavy for them to lift, but why?

I'm really at a loss here. Anyone?

<snip> Cops combed through the garbage at the tony building and retrieved a cut-up black quilted jacket, cut-up jeans, a comforter with Rackover&#8217;s name, shrink wrap fashioned into rope with what appeared to be blood on it, and blood-soaked paper towels, the papers state.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/17/we-hav...der-suspect-butchered-man-out-fear-of-prison/

And here:

<snip> Comunale&#8217;s clothing &#8212; a black quilted jacket and jeans &#8212; along with a black duvet cover, shrink wrap that had been converted into rope and was covered in blood, a gray hooded sweatshirt with blood on the sleeves and bleach and other cleaning materials were found thrown down the garbage chute in Rackover&#8217;s high-rise apartment, according to the court documents.

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/loc...-slaying-blamed-on-argument-over-10864268.php

Stamford Advocate article: Whose sweatshirt is that?

- The Grand Sutton is a 37 floor building with 74 units.

- With all the garbage deposited to a single location and a weekend worth of trash tossed down the shute from most of the 74 units, they likely assumed that the items they tossed would get lost in the mix and likely be picked up from the building and wind up in a landfill on Monday or Tuesday.

- They wrongly assumed that no one would suspect anything was wrong with Comunale until he failed to show up to work on Monday and it wouldn't be until Tuesday or Wednesday at the earliest that Comunale would be reported as a missing person. Since he lived in Connecticut, they likely thought it would take some time before NYPD was contacted about Comunale. And, they probably didn't think that it was likely that Comunale could be connected to even being at the Grand Sutton unless one of the girls heard that he was missing and contacted law enforcement to inform them that she had been there with him on Saturday late night/early Sunday morning. And even if that happened, they probably figured that it would be a week at the earliest that NYPD would contact them. By then all that evidence that they tossed down the garbage shute would be deep in a landfill never to be found again.

- What they didn't count on was that Joseph Comunale's dad was the president of one of the nation's biggest residential building/corporate security/surveillence companies whose clients included The Grand Sutton.

- They likely were unaware that Joseph was close to his family or that Joseph worked for his dad's company.

- They probably never imagined that in a city of 8.5 million people -- where an average of 35 people are reported missing each day -- that the disappearance of Joseph Comunale would ever be reported in the news media.

Oh boy were they wrong:
On Monday, November 14 Comunale's father reports his son missing, after not hearing from him. Police issue an alert for the missing man.

Also on Monday, November 14 an NYPD detective goes to The Grand Sutton and speaks with James Rackover at his fourth-floor apartment.

On Tuesday, November 15 an NYPD detective talks with Larry Dilione (who spills the beans).

On Wednesday, November 16 using information provided by Dilione, law enforcement discovers Comunale's body in Oceanport, NJ.

More details on items found in the garbage at the bldg:

<snip> Later, police found in the garbage pile at Rackover's apartment building a cut-up black quilted jacket, jeans, a black comforter cover, blood-stained shrink wrap twisted into rope, a grey hooded Nike sweatshirt with blood on the sleeves, paper towels, a bathmat, underwear with bleach on it, and numerous other articles of clothing.

And on MG and his change of clothing caught on surveillance video:

<snip> Bederow called detectives' case against Gemma, who shared a Jersey City apartment with Dilione, weak in evidence. Gemma's charges are largely rooted in police noticing on surveillance footage that Gemma changed his clothes before leaving Rackover's apartment around 8 a.m. Nov. 13, Bederow said...

Gemma was not caught on the apartment's building surveillance camera 10 hours later, around 6 p.m., which showed Rackover and Dilione heaving several bags &#8212; with Comunale's body stowed inside, police presumed &#8212; into the trunk of a Mercedez-Benz, according to Bederow's motion...

"Unlike the co-defendants, the prosecution does not possess any evidence implicating Mr. Gemma in the murder or the disposal of the body," Bederow's motion stated. "Notwithstanding the limited evidence against Mr. Gemma and the fact he is named in only two of five counts, the prosecution's strategic choice to join the defendants into one indictment has prejudiced him because it has contributed to the false public portrayal of the 'third man' responsible for Mr. Comunale's death."

http://www.app.com/story/news/crime...ort-body-joseph-comunale-cigarettes/96777220/

Wonder where the other bags (4 bags in total (only one found at the burial site), plus one knapsack) and whatever other evidence in them disappeared to. Long gone.

And so much evidence found in the garbage at the bldg! The murder, bathtub, hrs of cleanup, transport out of bldg, drive, burial, burn attempt.

Reads like a B horror flick. Just tragic all around

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...in-evidence-chief-detective-article-1.2919121

*snip*
[Chief of Detectives Robert Boyce said his investigators acted properly in questioning suspect Lawrence Dilione, 28, in the Nov. 13 murder of Joseph Comunale, 26, in a Dilione pal&#8217;s E.58th St. pad.]

[&#8220;I read the report and the detectives did, and from what I can see in the report, they did a great job,&#8221; Boyce said.]

Imo they were able to detain Dilione for 40 hrs because he was also charged with driving on a suspended license. These top notch lawyers can't flip the script and blame the cops. They wouldn't have ALLOWED them to do that!

Even a rookie public defender would know that. So now they decided to make the story fit some footage of James.

Dilione might not even have a car. Maybe Gemma has the only car amongst them and said he took the train but really drove to get the power tools and other supplies (not rope) MAYBE THEY USED GEMMA'S CAR!?

It was jmoo.. Am I the only one tripping on the lack of MSM coverage on this?? Could you provide a link on TMZ declining the offer to report on this story.

BBM: Respectfully, and just my opinion, but I believe that the lack of MSM coverage is due to the fact that the evidence thus far is pretty clear as to the identity of the participants in the heinous crime. When there is new information, MSM will be all over it I'm sure.

Also, Gemma had weeks to concoct his part in this, as opposed to everyone else. Does he own a car? I imagine he does, if he gets around NY and NJ. I'm pretty sure he's not riding the Greyhound or walking.
THIS is getting so convoluted that they just might surrender all prior tall tales and tell theTRUTH! I hope..
People talk.. Friends, acquaintances, workers at the DMV, Cops.The Court House, Lawyers,CSI, residents at the Sutton.. US! Things like this catch up after a while. Moo

BBM: Respectfully, and just my opinion, but I believe that the lack of MSM coverage is due to the fact that the evidence thus far is pretty clear as to the identity of the participants in the heinous crime. When there is new information, MSM will be all over it I'm sure.
I understand what you're saying, I just meant the number of news outlets opting out for no apparent reason.

Also, comment sections are always closed on all chosen few articles and on certain forums if someone starts a Joey Comunale thread it's gone in 1 minute.So eerie..

Wonder where the other bags (4 bags in total (only one found at the burial site), plus one knapsack) and whatever other evidence in them disappeared to. Long gone.

And so much evidence found in the garbage at the bldg! The murder, bathtub, hrs of cleanup, transport out of bldg, drive, burial, burn attempt.

Reads like a B horror flick. Just tragic all around
Didn't the NY Post say five duffel bags and a backpack when the article came out on the 17th. I'm pretty sure it did because I quoted on it.

Where was all of this stuff before the 17th? At the end of that link it says share your thoughts and once again,
no way to do so.

I'm not sure where the article is going, but it sounds like Gemma may walk on the hearsay of someone who has the heart to bury a mutilated body.

Is this the new face of how things are going to be handled, no court hearing? The lawyer asks for something and it's granted, because LARRY said so! OMG if that happens!

http://norwalk.dailyvoice.com/polic...o-murder-of-stamford-man-in-manhattan/696725/

*snip*
[After Comunale was stabbed multiple times, his body was thrown from a fourth-floor apartment window]

Huh?? Now they're back to the window nonsense.. Imo, well, we've already discussed that this isn't plausible..

Guess the darting basement boy footage was too telling. Why are they down there then? Not to get the other evidence because they said It was STILL THERE.

http://norwalk.dailyvoice.com/polic...o-murder-of-stamford-man-in-manhattan/696725/

*snip*
[After Comunale was stabbed multiple times, his body was thrown from a fourth-floor apartment window]

Huh?? Now they're back to the window nonsense.. Imo, well, we've already discussed that this isn't plausible..

Guess the darting basement boy footage was too telling. Why are they down there then? Not to get the other evidence because they said It was STILL THERE.
Remember: we only know that the NY Post reporter actually read the court filing. Like the telephone game, as the story trickles down it will be riddled with more and more inaccuracies and/or falsehoods. As it reaches these smaller publications and reporters who aren't up to speed on the case, we'll see more articles which are padded with drivel like dropping the body out the window which likely never occurred but was a detail a reporter recalled but never fact checked.

James is due in court on 1/24. Hoping more info is released. Sure to be interesting.

IMO If James' claims of innocence were reasonable, someone would have put up bail. He has some of the best attorneys working for him.

James is due in court on 1/24. Hoping more info is released. Sure to be interesting.

IMO If James' claims of innocence were reasonable, someone would have put up bail. He has some of the best attorneys working for him.
The optics of putting up Rackover's ball would have far reaching negative implications on anyone with the means to do it.

I'm not buying the, "We had to kill him" defense. They could have called the cops when he was unconscious and even put the knife in his hand and cried self defense.

Could a lot of those stab wounds have come from the attempted dismemberment? It's like it was a hate fantasy in one of their minds being played out.

They also could have rufied him and then dragged him to the tub. Or stabbed him in the back.

1)Took place in 2-3 hours of Joe's arrival at 5am. I'm going on when Gemma scampered out around 8
ish..Thats awfully quick

2)Seems the honeymoon was over between JR and James and he was asked to leave, yet somehow connived his way into a bachelor pad free of charge. I think this is a huge part of it, Bo Dietl even confirmed it.. I know.. I know.. but I mean it's been discussed in the press.lol

I imagine this was a huge point of contention, considering when couples break up, the generosity stops. Could he have needed roommates to stay afloat? Meaning Gemma and Dilione?

Could they have been put up to this gang style ambush to be able to stay living at the luxury apt? No Jersey City address to be found. In spite of the spewing riddles attorney, if the DAs office can't find it, most likely it doesn't exist.

Could James have viewed Joey as strong competition and felt threatened? Could someone else in the building have invited Joey there, not knowing that it would end like this?

Do we even know if Gemma and Dilione have criminal records? Drug or alcohol issues? Family turning their backs? Trust funds cut off? Trouble keeping jobs? Possibly homeless.. No we don't know any of this but some or all could be so.

Desperate people do desperate things.

I feel this is scorned lover who despised Joey and wanted him out of the way. There is no way whoever did thus, didn't hate him. Imoo

I had mentioned that a little while back... the multiple stab wounds are not a random act, they are the result of being extremely provoked...

For James and / or Larry to physically attack Joey to the level described so far, one of two things had two have happened...

Temporary moment of pure insanity or crime of passion/vengeance ... both are a personal response to something having happened right before the violence ensued

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member