NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how it took from 5pm when she left the starting point, to 546 pm when she was seen on a home's surveillance camera. And then was actually found only about a mile from the presumed starting point of her parents' house. If it was only a mile to the fire lanes, wouldn't she have gotten there sooner ? I wondered if she had stopped somewhere between leaving her parents' house and being seen at 546pm, still not at the fire lanes location.

LE must know the time of attack since she was using her cellphone.... IMO, most likely she was attacked on her return trip. Odds are that the perp was there in the weeds and saw her run by, but no way to catch or stop her... so he figures she might return and then hides close to the track in the weeds.. Thinking back to days when I used to run with my gal through local wooded and swampy trails, I felt safe because we were fast, but should have realized returning the way we came would expose us to ambush.

Todays news;
John Gotti, 23 (live in queens), grandson of famed mobster boss John Gotti, arrested on drug charges,
HE AND KARINA VETRANO MOVES IN THE SAME SOCIAL CIRCLES !:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...s-knew-sweetheart-murdered-Queens-jogger.html

Gotti also claimed during the interview he and Vetrano frequented the same social circles.
Vetrano was raped and savagely beaten before being murdered in Howard Beach, Queens on Tuesday, investigators said.
Gotti called her 'drop-dead gorgeous' and told the Daily News she was 'a sweetheart'.
He said Vetrano's death hit close too home, mentioning his mother, his sister and his girlfriend Eleonor Gabrielle, who was also arrested on Thursday.

John Gotti and Kaina Vetrano live 0.4 miles apart !

Karina Vetrano adress: 160-48 92nd Street, Jamaica, NY 11414, USA

John Gotti adress: 160-11 85th St, Queens, NY 11414, USA

Plenty of Gotti DNA on file. IMO

Many HB residents run in the same social circles.

Don't think that means anything, other than perhaps going to same nite spots in the area...

She worked at two nightspots in the past years according to The NYT. She lived in HB and is of same heritage.

I believe it ends there.

IMO, there are No connections at all in this case between her brutal rape and murder, revenge upon the family, etc and that Disgrace

<snip>

She worked for years at Central, a lounge in Astoria, Queens, and also at Vetro Restaurant & Wine Bar on Cross Bay Boulevard, where her friends gathered on Wednesday night.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/05/n...vil-person-after-a-jogger-is-killed.html?_r=0

My guess is not the same person. All three victims got away from him so doesn't sound like he is at the same level as one who attacked Karina. But who knows?

They start somewhere...and then it usually escalates.

There is no way this was a mob hit. That's fanciful fantasy. The mob doesn't hide out in weeded areas, waiting to ambush, attack, rape and and strangle innocent young women. Not even for an imagined "revenge" scenario.

The mob has done lots of heinous things in the name of greed, money laundering, power plays, running gambling empires, but a rape and murder of a nearby jogger? No. Not even close.

I really hope they catch the perp that did this. The warning that this is a community threat is frightening because there may be things that we as public don't know and are not disclosed.

For safety I'd hope no person and certainly no woman heads into any even semi-remote area by herself. I'd hope no person head into a remote area by themselves unless they are armed and have a big scary dog in addition. Perps aren't going to attack someone who is right out with other people in busy areas. They stay hidden and wait for their prey to come along. This was an ambush attack. So to be safe, stay in populated areas and don't go off running onto desolate or semi-desolate paths.

I had heard this, but didn't want to comment until it was in the media. But Italian American neighborhoods are very close knit. Everyone kind of knows everyone. jmo

There is no way this was a mob hit. That's fanciful fantasy. The mob doesn't hide out in weeded areas, waiting to ambush, attack, rape and and strangle innocent young women. Not even for an imagined "revenge" scenario.

The mob has done lots of heinous things in the name of greed, money laundering, power plays, running gambling empires, but a rape and murder of a nearby jogger? No. Not even close.

Possible revenge killing in connection with the arrests of the day before. JMO

LE must know the time of attack since she was using her cellphone.... IMO, most likely she was attacked on her return trip. Odds are that the perp was there in the weeds and saw her run by, but no way to catch or stop her... so he figures she might return and then hides close to the track in the weeds.. Thinking back to days when I used to run with my gal through local wooded and swampy trails, I felt safe because we were fast, but should have realized returning the way we came would expose us to ambush.

Someone named "Steve" was quoted in a news report. Said that he saw K when she ran into the entrance to the trail. The news report didn't say anything else, so I don't know if he lives in one of the houses near the entrance. that's what I thought. jmo

Since I brought revenge up as possible motive I feel the need to clarify that I did not mean to imply any connection of the Vetranos to the Gottis, or to the mob. This didn't even occur to me. What I was thinking was that because her dad was a firefighter, and Karina was attacked on a fire lane, possibly someone had a deep grudge against him because he at some time in the past wasn't able to save their child or other loved one from a burning building.

As I said, I'm watching probably too much Criminal Minds!

Possible revenge killing in connection with the arrests of the day before. JMO

Pure coincidence, IMO. The details of the crime are not ones the mob does or is known for doing.

No one knew Karina would be jogging alone that afternoon until she set off on that path.

The urge to relate things to the mob or a revenge hit is strong, but the simple reality is this poor young woman was prey for the perp hiding in the weeds.

Does not have to be a "mob hit" / "revenge", it might be some psycho person within that social circle . I wonder if there was some kind of party (drugs etc.) at Gotti's house within that same 24 hours when KV was killed ?

Police have said what they think in terms of the perp probably being a 'transient.' Karina herself didn't know she'd be running alone until her father begged off with his back hurting. This wasn't someone in her 'social' circle, this was someone hiding out in tall weeds on a remote fire trail. It was a crime of opportunity. It just as easily could have happened to any woman that was running by -- that early evening it was Karina who was caught in the trap.

Anyone knows the adress og Karina's father's house?
Parent’s home is very close to Spring Creek Park -
On 84 St, about halfway between 164 Ave and 165 Ave
GOOGLE earth coordinates:
40*38’55.00”N 73*50’45.75”W

They start somewhere...and then it usually escalates.

Your comment reminded me of this graphic video that was in the NYC MSM of an ambush of a 30 something year old female walking down a very safe neighborhood during the end of June.

The perp quickly begins beating her when she fought back kicking & screaming.

Attack was about one block from an entrance to Prospect Park.

Bold also attacking directly outside residential homes, cameras outside, residents heard & responded etc.

WARNING: VIDEO IS GRAPHIC/DISTURBING

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...d-be-rapist-brooklyn-street-article-1.2689180

http://pix11.com/2016/06/27/neighbo...o-captures-attempted-rape-in-windsor-terrace/

Your comment reminded me of this graphic video that was in the NYC MSM of an ambush of a 30 something year old female walking down a very safe neighborhood during the end of June.

The perp quickly begins beating her when she fought back kicking & screaming.

Attack was about one block from an entrance to Prospect Park.

Bold also attacking directly outside residential homes, cameras outside, residents heard & responded etc.

WARNING: VIDEO IS GRAPHIC/DISTURBING

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...d-be-rapist-brooklyn-street-article-1.2689180

http://pix11.com/2016/06/27/neighbo...o-captures-attempted-rape-in-windsor-terrace/
It was also at 3:45 in the morning.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Pure coincidence, IMO. The details of the crime are not ones the mob does or is known for doing.

No one knew Karina would be jogging alone that afternoon until she set off on that path.

The urge to relate things to the mob or a revenge hit is strong, but the simple reality is this poor young woman was prey for the perp hiding in the weeds.

RBBM : They have done things like this and worse. They are not as portrayed in the movies or TV. I agree,though, a predator rapist is more likely. The problem I have is that we have heard that "no one runs there", and "locals never go in there"... and that "no one followed her in there". given these things, it is such an unlikely spot for a predator to troll. kwim ? jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hygate