NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the video here, they state that to cut the grass one time in the park Karina was found dead, it would cost half a million dollars. Guy in the background seems to laugh at the absurdity. http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...assachusetts-jogger-murders-article-1.2745626

I read a NY Times piece about those weeds, and it stated (or it was in a comment) that if the weeds are cut back, they grow back thicker. So a half-million dollars spent cutting them wouldn't work anyway. Now is not the time to tell the community because they are in grief and shock - they want action and won't accept that cutting the weeds isn't worth the money.

If they really want to clear the weeds, I'm thinking they have to get rid of them completely. The idea of turning the whole section into a nice park is appealing - perhaps that will happen. It's Federal land, though, so not that easy, I would imagine, to change.

jmo

Haven't been online in a couple of days. Will try to find the FB post with the "guy" circled. I believe it was under an article. My ipad has decided it no longer will keep a history of my clicks...which is definitely a good thing.

I still believe there is something off here. Taking the time out to rapex2 in broad daylight. The brutality. Also, I don't believe the 2 cases are connected.

And my last thought, maybe LE should consider JFK employees who live nearby, who use public transport. Just a thought.

Found it!

So, there is a RIP KV page. If you look at the 8/4 post of the wanted poster and scroll down to an 8/8 comment by BD, you will see a screenshot of the video. I hope this is vague enough to not blow TOS.

That's so odd. He almost looks superimposed. Really stands out.

Interview with parents at http://pix11.com/2016/08/10/exclusi...recall-final-conversation-search-for-justice/

"Phil then called police and searched the weeds with detectives, who used cell phone tracking technology to ping Karina’s phone."

"They [the parents] are wholly convinced those weeds have served as a hunting ground for people with bad intentions for far too long. They say Karina was the victim of a random crime of opportunity."

Time to clean it up- keep the weeds cut and make it a real park.

I keep going back to her Instagram post with another man, followed by the break up 2 days later followed by Karina's rape and murder 2 days after that. Even though the ex-boyfriend was cleared, could there be a way that he still did it? Or had someone do it for him? It's so weird but when I sit and think about everything I can't help but think about the ex even though he had an alibi and is not considered a suspect.

He would be my first suspect but LE can take his DNA and clear him right away.
It doesn't mean he didn't ask a friend to do it but eventually they'll be caught.
It's quite possible it's a coincidence that's all. Did she used to jog with him and/or her dad and now she jogged alone?

I do not think that a professional or semi-professional hitman / person who received money to kill her would do that during daylight and in that park.

((mocity))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, little on the case is still unresolved. Is the LE still considering this an active case or have they made it a cold case?
I pray justice will be served, no one deserves this, NO ONE! :cry:

God Speed ~

Thank you GeeEm! It has been made a cold case here in Houston. Just in the past couple of years did they match the DNA from my stepsister to the woman that was raped. The rape DNA was just then entered into the database. That is how backlogged this stuff gets. Anyway, thanks for the note. It you want to read about her case it is here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...y-22-amp-Andy-Atkinson-21-Houston-21-Aug-1990

I haven't a chance to read all the posts here but saw Karina's case featured on Nancy Grace. What a beautiful girl.

I have never seen a mother address a perp like that. Wow just wow.

I hope they find her killer fast because he will do it again. (Have Karina's and Vanessa's cases been linked yet?)

My guess is that whoever did this is a very big and strong individual to have overpowered Karina. (Unless it was 2 individuals, but that would be kind of rare, I think.), as she was obviously in amazing shape and, as her mom said, "a force to be reckoned with".

RBBM:

Hi Margarita, good to see you here on Karina's thread.

ETA2:
Here's the link to the 8/9 broadcast:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1608/09/ng.01.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's so odd. He almost looks superimposed. Really stands out.
Both are strange. It does look superimposed and BD'S moniker is weird too. What's with the whole thing? Did it catch your eye?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Or took a sudden out of state trip visiting friends or relatives to avoid suspicion...
In one LA case we sleuthed in 2012, the perp; Brandon Scott Lavergne was a tier 3 RSO and had to report to the local PD with lacerations and other injuries, and a severe rash that he received from being pepper sprayed during the abduction/murder of bicyclist Mickey Shunick. The lengths that he went to in an attempt to escape justice was mind boggling. The sexual predator/killer of Karina Vetrano, will also go to great lengths to escape justice, imo..

I believe she also might have stabbed him (Mickey that is) and he went to a hospital for treatment, but no red flags initially - might be wrong, since saying this from memory...
But here's the thing, you mention the lengths a perp will go to... The condom in our case here - doesn't it seem odd perp left it so close to her? Why do that ? What if it is not his but he purposely put her DNA on the outside to trick LE into believing it's his DNA inside. (Now that would be devious!)...

Regarding the photo link on the RIP KV page: Doubt it's legit. I think I've seen this photo before as a phony ghost sighting. The circled person is almost the only one watching the casket being placed in the hearse, and he's not dressed for the funeral. That just wouldn't happen in HB. Google the poster's screen name and it's pretty hinky. There's at least one other ugly post on that RIP page from a different screen name, too.

Regarding the photo link on the RIP KV page: Doubt it's legit. I think I've seen this photo before as a phony ghost sighting. The circled person is almost the only one watching the casket being placed in the hearse, and he's not dressed for the funeral. That just wouldn't happen in HB. Google the poster's screen name and it's pretty hinky. There's at least one other ugly post on that RIP page from a different screen name, too.

It actually is not fake. The man was seen on the live news coverage. I watched it here in NYC on the news and thought he looked odd. He does the sign of the cross while they put her casket inside the hearse.

No new calls to the tip line after the initial 3 calls ? Weird. People will always call in tips in a high profile murder case. Often the callers don't really know anything, they just have hunches about people in their neighborhood, people they think are acting odd etc But LE sifts through them. It's not like New Yorkers are shy.

He would be my first suspect but LE can take his DNA and clear him right away.
It doesn't mean he didn't ask a friend to do it but eventually they'll be caught.
It's quite possible it's a coincidence that's all. Did she used to jog with him and/or her dad and now she jogged alone?

I guess it has to be a coincidence. It's just scary having no leads. I live in East New York, 3 miles away and I have walked/biked from my house to my mom's house in Ozone Park which is less than a mile from where Karina was found. The first time I biked from my mom's house back to my house, I rode on the bike path on the side of the Belt Parkway. I remember looking into the weeds and wondering who or what was in there. Halfway there, I had some trouble with my asthma and stopped to use my pump. A man on a bike rode up behind me and asked me if I was ok. I said I was and he asked are you sure? I assured him that I was ok and he told me to please be careful before he rode off. At the time I just thought it was nice of him, but now I realize that he knew the area better than I did and he knew I shouldn't be stopping alone on that part of the path. It's a part of the path that isn't visible from the parkway. Thinking back, once he rode off, someone could easily have approached me in that area, overpowered me and dragged me into the weeds and nobody would have seen a thing even if there was heavy traffic on the belt.

I went to the store late last night, a little after midnight and for the first time I can remember, I felt afraid. My area is known more for shootings than rapes or probably anything else. So there is always that fear of getting caught in the middle of a shooting, but this was a different feeling of fear. At one point, there were 2 guys walking behind me and I actually felt a moment of panic. I had to check myself and regain my composure. They walked right past me, didn't even look at me, but my first thoughts were the worst.

I guess it has to be a coincidence. It's just scary having no leads. I live in East New York, 3 miles away and I have walked/biked from my house to my mom's house in Ozone Park which is less than a mile from where Karina was found. The first time I biked from my mom's house back to my house, I rode on the bike path on the side of the Belt Parkway. I remember looking into the weeds and wondering who or what was in there. Halfway there, I had some trouble with my asthma and stopped to use my pump. A man on a bike rode up behind me and asked me if I was ok. I said I was and he asked are you sure? I assured him that I was ok and he told me to please be careful before he rode off. At the time I just thought it was nice of him, but now I realize that he knew the area better than I did and he knew I shouldn't be stopping alone on that part of the path. It's a part of the path that isn't visible from the parkway. Thinking back, once he rode off, someone could easily have approached me in that area, overpowered me and dragged me into the weeds and nobody would have seen a thing even if there was heavy traffic on the belt.

I went to the store late last night, a little after midnight and for the first time I can remember, I felt afraid. My area is known more for shootings than rapes or probably anything else. So there is always that fear of getting caught in the middle of a shooting, but this was a different feeling of fear. At one point, there were 2 guys walking behind me and I actually felt a moment of panic. I had to check myself and regain my composure. They walked right past me, didn't even look at me, but my first thoughts were the worst.
Hi Chrissy-

I have the same fear lately. I have always been cautious walking around my neighborhood (Ridgewood, Queens), however lately I have been extra cautious, filled with fear. Any man that walks by me, I think he is out to get me. I walk my dog late at night and still fear even having him with me. I also am aware of the bike path. I've biked to the Rockaways, to the Gateway Mall, and know exactly what you are talking about with the path going off and away from the parkway. I too wondered what was in those weeds. It's always been a hangout for drug lords and gang members. It has crossed my mind that perhaps this was a gang initiation. Someone would have had to know though that a female would be in there.

Also want to clarify for many asking how no one could hear her screams if in fact she did scream. The location where her phone was found and her body found was further away from the street houses and closer to the shore line. Even if she screamed loudly, unless someone was in the park at the same time, or walking on 78th street, it wouldn't be able to be heard in a house with AC on, TV on etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Folks, please !! This man may have just come from work to attend the service and doesn't need his pic or his attire/appearance being discussed on a crime sleuthing forum.

Totally agree with the moderator of this forum regarding the guy at the funeral...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bloocheez