NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't a chance to read all the posts here but saw Karina's case featured on Nancy Grace. What a beautiful girl.

I have never seen a mother address a perp like that. Wow just wow.

I hope they find her killer fast because he will do it again. (Have Karina's and Vanessa's cases been linked yet?)

My guess is that whoever did this is a very big and strong individual to have overpowered Karina. (Unless it was 2 individuals, but that would be kind of rare, I think.), as she was obviously in amazing shape and, as her mom said, "a force to be reckoned with".

If he was a RSO was his dna already on file? I'm trying to remember details of this case. thanks

Gardner hid the body of Amber Dubois and she wasn't found until he brought LE to the site. He had already done prison time, and should have never been released.

Yes, his DNA was on file and that's how LE moved in on him to apprehend him!

Three days after Chelsea King went missing, authorities identified registered sex offender John Albert Gardner III as her probable killer through DNA found on her underwear, according to search warrants unsealed today by a Superior Court judge.

The 17-year-old disappeared Feb. 25 while jogging near Lake Hodges in northern San Diego County. The next day, Sheriff's Department investigators found a pair of women's underwear along the jogging trail.

Blood was matched to King. And on Feb. 28, semen was matched to Gardner, whose DNA was in a database kept by the California prison system. Gardner had been in prison for five years for attacking a 13-year-old girl.

Gardner, 31, was arrested within hours of the DNA match. Two days later King's body was found in a shallow grave near the lake, about a mile from where the clothing was discovered

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...lsea-king-killing-by-dna-on-her-clothing.html

I have a different theory. I think it was two young guys, initially just hanging around in the trail and then they saw her. I wonder if this started out as harassment and she did not take it seriously...maybe they were younger than her...and she just thought they were obnoxious, but harmless. I'd like to know more about why she slowed down and what she was texting.

When her Mother said she was "a force to be reckoned with"...would she have engaged someone verbally who was smarting off and did that escalate to a fight, a beating, and the then, the double rape? Maybe the severity of her injuries were not from trying to subdue her, but a beating that preceded the rape.

Just thinking out of the box.

That's kinda what I've been saying. Young guys in the park who saw her and attacked.

I am curious too. My stepsister was murdered in 1990 and the case remains unsolved to this day. They had DNA from her killer and it matched the DNA from another woman that was raped but it has never matched anyone in the CODIS database. I am hoping there is a different outcome for Karina and that her killer is brought to light. It seems like these large sums of money would bring someone to the table with some information.

((mocity))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss, little on the case is still unresolved. Is the LE still considering this an active case or have they made it a cold case?
I pray justice will be served, no one deserves this, NO ONE! :cry:

God Speed ~

Have there been other attempted abductions, rapes reported in the area? Tia. Imo, a classic predator who was lying in wait. ARS attacked an adult female jogger before he abducted, murdered, and dismembered little Jessica Ridgeway.

(I need to go back and read, but on NG it was reported a condom was found nearby. If this condom belongs to the perp, how common is it that the perp uses a condom in cases like this?)

My hunch is that the guy was not big, but confident enough that he could take her down. I'm guessing he was surprised by the fight she gave him. Since I lean toward thinking it was more than one perp, I'm thinking they both (or more) gave her a beating. I am envisioning wiry young men, either who walk around as transportation or bike. I also think they have girlfriends....and I REALLY wish one of those young women would say something to LE as I do think the girlfriend(s) suspect something.

It was an August summer day in those weeds....I don't envision an overweight or out-of-shape guy going in there. I think it was someone who is outdoors quite a bit.

Of course, I could be totally off base.

Agree with your profile. LE must have a good idea by now if more than one attacker, but they are quite. Also, with regard to reward $$, have not seen it work in recent cases I've followed (Holly Bobo (250K), Lauren Spierer (250K)...

(I need to go back and read, but on NG it was reported a condom was found nearby. If this condom belongs to the perp, how common is it that the perp uses a condom in cases like this?)

Question -- Was the dna that LE has that they haven't found a match for from the remains, and did they try to match that with the dna on the condom? I don't know if it's common for a perp to be prepared enough to bring a condom. They'd have to have it on before the attack I'd think.

The weird thoughts we have when following these cases, huh.

Question -- Was the dna that LE has that they haven't found a match for from the remains, and did they try to match that with the dna on the condom? I don't know if it's common for a perp to be prepared enough to bring a condom. They'd have to have it on before the attack I'd think.

If the condom also had KV's DNA , then it's evidence...and the other DNA would indicate her killer. If not, I presume it's just trash
in the area.

If he did not use a condom, there should be DNA from her body.

The killer also held her phone..throwing it away as he left. I wonder if he left fingerprints?

Her father started a Go Fund Me page and raised 147K with a goal of 200K.

Karina Vetrano Memorial Reward Fund Go Fund Me

NYPD solicits DNA samples from men who frequent Howard Beach park where Karina Vetrano was killed -
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...assachusetts-jogger-murders-article-1.2745626

Curious in that LE has said she put up quit a fight and considering the oppressive heat we've been having, everyone is wearing shorts, and short/no sleeve shirts that would show something (unless of course there were multiple attackers and the one leaving DNA isn't the one who took her down)...

I've been wondering about the condom too. Plenty of city parks, especially remote sections, are littered with condoms so we can't assume it's connected to the crime. (Though, who would want to be having sex in the Weeds - just seems....scratchy.)

If the condom was part of the crime, it again points me to more than one perp. It would be hard for a perp to put on a condom while still subduing a fighter like Karina. But, a duo or group could manage it. Maybe one in the group was fastidious about his crime?!?

Plenty of guys carry condoms on them....but yeah, putting it on before a rape is probably not what happened.

jmopinion

NYPD solicits DNA samples from men who frequent Howard Beach park where Karina Vetrano was killed -
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york...assachusetts-jogger-murders-article-1.2745626

Curious in that LE has said she put up quit a fight and considering the oppressive heat we've been having, everyone is wearing shorts, and short/no sleeve shirts that would show something (unless of course there were multiple attackers and the one leaving DNA isn't the one who took her down)...

I posted about that article earlier and think it's a good tactic. If Howard Beach is as tight of a community as it claims then no one should have an issue with providing a buccal swab, and if they do then suspicions would be raised.

I agree about the shorts and t-shirts/tanks, been pretty warm and humid in NY. You never know though the person could be in hiding and nursing his wounds. Waiting to come out til he is "in the clear"

I wonder if anyone in her life would benefit from her death, could someone hire a hit man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have there been other attempted abductions, rapes reported in the area? Tia. Imo, a classic predator who was lying in wait. ARS attacked an adult female jogger before he abducted, murdered, and dismembered little Jessica Ridgeway.

There have been numerous things in the news and some that haven't even made the news.

14 girls between the ages of 12-19 missing from the Bronx-news outlets are claiming it's a sex trafficking ring going on. Some outlets say all but 3 have been found others say all are still missing. It's highly confusing and I don't think there much publicity about it because LE believes most are just runaways.

3 different women were attacked near Kissena Park in Queens in the month of June.

If you pull up crime data for NYPD it's terrifying

Anything is possible, but I tend to think it's one lone perp. I guess he might drive a smart car If he's smart and organized enough to bring a condom to an attack. I don't think so. I'm curious as to how he was dressed. Did he fit in like a runner or biker? Was he dressed like a resident taking a stroll?

Gosh, it's like this guy was invisible. We hardly know anything. No wonder he chose the weeds as a place to attack with hardly any tips and no witnesses. Seems like a true local would know that more than a transient.

I wonder if anyone in her life would benefit from her death, could someone hire a hit man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that was the case, I think it would have been a single shot from a safe distance.

Gardner hid the body of Amber Dubois and she wasn't found until he brought LE to the site. He had already done prison time, and should have never been released.

Yes, his DNA was on file and that's how LE moved in on him to apprehend him!

Why do they release violent offenders? So many lives could have been saved. frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ClueCrusader