NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arent cops required to give DNA when they get hired?

Fingerprinted when hired, Yes.

Perhaps, those investigators working at a crime scene, but DNA collected at hire...I doubt it

Thinking more about what I said back-thread, namely seems like it was well planned, or the perp was very lucky.... like he knew no one would be around, and how to avoid any surveillance. Where does he live? Would also think LE has a network of informers, and it appears nothing has turned up that way. The idea of the perp using a boat, as has been mentioned, is making more sense....

Falling asleep and thinking about this case, it struck me, in the photos we see, do you see any rocks?
She was struck with a rock - but where did it come from? Was the actual rock ever checked to see if it really was from that area?
Karina's killer has very strong hands, so viciously strangled, her neck was almost broken thru, -- someone who works with stones or bricks might have these kind of strong hands, and his carrying carrying a stone would not seem out-of-place to those who know him, scratches on him might seem "normal" ... He might have even left the stone weapon in the weeds some time before his actual attack. Okay, maybe a stretch, but I do wonder about the stone or rock that used...

Thinking more about what I said back-thread, namely seems like it was well planned, or the perp was very lucky.... like he knew no one would be around, and how to avoid any surveillance. Where does he live? Would also think LE has a network of informers, and it appears nothing has turned up that way. The idea of the perp using a boat, as has been mentioned, is making more sense....

Falling asleep and thinking about this case, it struck me, in the photos we see, do you see any rocks?
She was struck with a rock - but where did it come from? Was the actual rock ever checked to see if it really was from that area?
Karina's killer has very strong hands, so viciously strangled, her neck was almost broken thru, -- someone who works with stones or bricks might have these kind of strong hands, and his carrying carrying a stone would not seem out-of-place to those who know him, scratches on him might seem "normal" ... He might have even left the stone weapon in the weeds some time before his actual attack. Okay, maybe a stretch, but I do wonder about the stone or rock that used...

Good point about the strong hands.

Perhaps the "rock" wasn't a rock but something else - a weight, or...what else could someone have on-hand that would do as much damage as a rock?

Are there rocks along the shore line?

We don't really know about how a rock was determined (and I don't think it's been officially confirmed). Was there dirt in the wound that indicated a rock made it? Did investigators find a rock near her with blood on it? Does the shape of the wound indicate it was made by a rock rather than a tool?

I lean toward accepting it was a rock, but would like to know more.

Any locals who were on the walk for Karina - can you tell us if there were rocks along the path?

jmo

Good point about the strong hands.

Perhaps the "rock" wasn't a rock but something else - a weight, or...what else could someone have on-hand that would do as much damage as a rock?

Are there rocks along the shore line?

We don't really know about how a rock was determined (and I don't think it's been officially confirmed). Was there dirt in the wound that indicated a rock made it? Did investigators find a rock near her with blood on it? Does the shape of the wound indicate it was made by a rock rather than a tool?

I lean toward accepting it was a rock, but would like to know more.

Any locals who were on the walk for Karina - can you tell us if there were rocks along the path?

jmo
There are rocks on the shore line. Big, small all sizes. Let me find a photo to link you to.
Also, we did not walk on the path inside Spring creek park, only along the street. I'm not sure if I recall the one time I ever went in there with my bike years ago if there was rocks on the path. There may be since Hurricane Sandy, that area was hit hard and flooded, so there maybe rocks from the ocean in the path/weed area now.

Edit: Seems like I can't link the photos since they are not MSM. But if you do a tag search for location in Instagram for Spring Creek Park (queens or brooklyn) you'll see some personal photos and photography photos of the shoreline.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Neck makes much more sense.

Was this touch DNA on K's neck ? I don't think this case will be solved by conventional means. And I also don't think any amount of reward money would induce someone to give this killer up. Wonder how many tips are coming in ?

I spent some time the other night on Instagram, searching just KV's name. Naturally a lot of shared crime posters came up and sympathetic posts from strangers, but if you follow the threads on pictures that look personal, it gives an interesting perspective.

She was greatly admired and loved in her circle.

You will find the man to whom the "Yellow Diamonds post" was written on her blog. He actually quotes her words. Very recently, there is a young man in her pictures in Monte Carlo, but he appears to be living in Europe. This was a beautiful woman, thirty years old, who traveled often...a beautiful life of evening gowns and bikinis and many parties....and a wide group of friends with similar lifestyles.

I wrote before about my concern for young women being too open on the Internet. Her blog enteries are beautifully written, but extremely intimate in detail.

Putting Instagram and the Blog together, it concerns me how a stalker or stranger might feel too "connected" to KV or furiously jealous of the men he sees with her. I still feel this was not a random crime. The killer might have been a stranger to KV...but the Internet might have made him feel he knew her very well.

Sadly a little too late, but hoping this creep comes back for some reason. I hope they are paying attention to the footage, and not just going to view it *if* they need to.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2016/08/25/queens-jogger-death-security-cameras/

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/cameras-added-queens-park-jogger-killed-article-1.2764654

I noticed the article said "possibly sexually assaulted". I had assumed this had been confirmed? Anyone know?

https://www..com/2javwd7g its under updates 23 I believe Watson posted but I am just including the link to the page. hope it helps
I couldnt find that on the go fund me page. Can you post the comment madam?

I don't know how to begin a thread. Can someone help me start a thread for this young woman? One more Latina missing or killed in NYC. Maylin Reynoso was last seen at work and was found in the Harlem River. Her case and family seem to get no traction for media attention. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...forgotten-latinas_us_57bc8cbae4b0b51733a616d7
This is being talked about all over here in NYC. But, no, not on media outlets. However, there has been no award to find a killer or information or any indication she was murdered. Correct me if I'm wrong though please. Some have said it was suicide. But family don't want to believe that. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, if there is any info from medical examiner saying it was foul play. I'll be interested in a thread for this as well.

This is being talked about all over here in NYC. But, no, not on media outlets. However, there has been no award to find a killer or information or any indication she was murdered. Correct me if I'm wrong though please. Some have said it was suicide. But family don't want to believe that. Again, please correct me if I'm wrong, if there is any info from medical examiner saying it was foul play. I'll be interested in a thread for this as well.

I am not sure. However, I do know there are concerns in the Latino community about the number of young people missing and turning up dead in the water. Could many of the situations be suicides? Maybe. I am just sad that some cases get no media attention while others are awash with attention.

The NYPD has installed eight cameras around the marshland area -
https://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20...re-karina-vetrano-found-murdered-howard-beach

So 8 of the 34 cameras the borough as allocation for, to install throughout the borough, are being used....

I keep thinking about the weapon used, a rock... I wonder how fast a runner Karina was. We know nothing about how the attack really took place - had she stopped to text, was she walking and texting, was she running? It puzzles me how the perp could sneak up on her and get close enough to strike her.....maybe he pretended to be injured or something so she's stop and help...

The only news article I found while she was missing was from Univision. The mother stated that she stopped taking her medications. On SM when people were saying she was murdered it seems that friends and family became extremely defensive and would ask others to mind there business. What ever may have happened to her it is extremely sad and concerning that MSM didn't pick up on it more, but I do feel that it being non publicized (especially now) has more to do with family and friends keeping quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only news article I found while she was missing was from Univision. The mother stated that she stopped taking her medications. On SM when people were saying she was murdered it seems that friends and family became extremely defensive and would ask others to mind there business. What ever may have happened to her it is extremely sad and concerning that MSM didn't pick up on it more, but I do feel that it being non publicized (especially now) has more to do with family and friends keeping quiet.

I believe this is the case too. I don't think the family wanted the publicity. I saw a relative comment as well telling people to stay out of the family's business.

I don't know how to begin a thread. Can someone help me start a thread for this young woman? One more Latina missing or killed in NYC. Maylin Reynoso was last seen at work and was found in the Harlem River. Her case and family seem to get no traction for media attention. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...forgotten-latinas_us_57bc8cbae4b0b51733a616d7

NY - Maylin Reynoso (20) 31Jul16 Manhattan
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...20)-31Jul16-Manhattan&p=12768645#post12768645

It puzzles me how the perp could sneak up on her and get close enough to strike her.....maybe he pretended to be injured or something so she's stop and help...

She stops to text her friend, he comes up behind her and pulls her down by her ponytail. Seems most likely to me given what information we have and general techniques of rapists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeSpice