NY - Karina Vetrano, 30, found murdered, Queens, 2 Aug 2016 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
PV posted a new update on page
"we are going to be on the Dr Oz show this week . Taping Wednesday and going to air a few days later . I will post the air date when I know. The platform will be on Karinas case , the reward and how women can protect themselves while out and about"

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Police usually won';t announce a 'negative' unless they were actively investigating both cases as being related. My guess is that they had enough evidence in each one to know at the outset that the subjects were most likley different. I presume they went ahead and tested the DNA anyway, and didn't find a match. But no, it's not normal for them to announce that kind of thing...

I thought they have not ever said conclusively that the two murders were not related ? It sounds like they have collected the perp's DNA from both victims, yet have never come out and said the DNA samples don't match.

Police usually won';t announce a 'negative' unless they were actively investigating both cases as being related. My guess is that they had enough evidence in each one to know at the outset that the subjects were most likley different. I presume they went ahead and tested the DNA anyway, and didn't find a match. But no, it's not normal for them to announce that kind of thing...

I wonder if LE shared the DNA info with PV ? I think he would have commented on it, no matter what the result. Unless of course, LE told him not to mention it. jmo

I wonder if LE shared the DNA info with PV ? I think he would have commented on it, no matter what the result. Unless of course, LE told him not to mention it. jmo

I'm curious why you think no comment means there is still a possibility they are connected? It sort of feels like grasping at straws when all the info says otherwise. What has you convinced they are intentionally hiding something?

From following many cases in NY, I think NYPD (SCPD & NCPD, also) usually do not share much info until they have everything they need. No updates, no pressers.

I'm curious why you think no comment means there is still a possibility they are connected? It sort of feels like grasping at straws when all the info says otherwise. What has you convinced they are intentionally hiding something?

I'm not yet married to the idea that the two cases are connected. But we are dating exclusively... I will drop the idea that the two cases are connected when LE says they are not connected,. not until then, but jmo. You might be right, maybe LE would have said the DNA matched. Or, maybe they wouldn't have. We shall see, I think...jmo

I'm not yet married to the idea that the two cases are connected. But we are dating exclusively... I will drop the idea that the two cases are connected when LE says they are not connected,. not until then, but jmo. You might be right, maybe LE would have said the DNA matched. Or, maybe they wouldn't have. We shall see, I think...jmo

If you look other cases though as others have said they usually NEVER announce a negative match. So it seems if you are waiting on that announcement, it's unlikely to ever come. In my opinion that is no were near a reason to be a hint these cases are connected. As far as I see we have been told they are not and it seems counter initiative to still pursue the angle that they are connected...but of course that's just my way of looking at it.

PV posted a new update on page
"we are going to be on the Dr Oz show this week . Taping Wednesday and going to air a few days later . I will post the air date when I know. The platform will be on Karinas case , the reward and how women can protect themselves while out and about"

my mom's going i wish i could go too. but like. school. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

e0e6bc9cbf851b3a1fed166ca8249ad8.jpg

it's so weird seeing myself on a news website. reading what some people say about her makes me sick.

e0e6bc9cbf851b3a1fed166ca8249ad8.jpg

it's so weird seeing myself on a news website. reading what some people say about her makes me sick.

I am so sorry for what u all r going through blessings

i stumbled across this page and it really is incredible to see so many people interested in her. as her cousin, i miss her more and more every day, especially with the holidays. but this is actually comforting. keep going guys, you rock❤️

I just found this page recently, too, and it's wonderful seeing people so interested in this. Hugs to you and your family. I'm from her and Phil's other family - the Stanners (high school).

It's been an all our local news stations tonight.

"Queens District Attorney says this special testing on the male DNA sample found on Karina Vetrano's cellphone and body may lead to her killer."

http://via.pix11.com/I1mTr

Karina was found on federal land. There should be a federal law that atomatically allows this testing. All states should allow it..

It's been an all our local news stations tonight.

"Queens District Attorney says this special testing on the male DNA sample found on Karina Vetrano's cellphone and body may lead to her killer."

http://via.pix11.com/I1mTr

I am surprised to hear it covered on NPR news breaks today.

Someone is working the press releases....good for them!

jmopinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member