GUILTY NY - Leiby Kletzky, 8, Brooklyn, 11 July 2011 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy was a security guard.
Many other killers, serial killers even have been OR posed as security guards.

Andrew Urdiales
Michael Hughes
Ted Bundy lured his victim who got away pretending to be a security guard

Kids can easily mistake a security guard for a police officer.

If your kids get lost... you teach them to first ask a Mom for help.

A Mom with small kids. If at all possible.

Statistically the Melissa Huckaby's are less likely to find your child than the Joseph Duncan's are.
Especially if your child approaches them.

The odds of a mother with a couple of toddlers, abducting and killing a child when that child asks them for help... is pretty astronomical.
I don't think I have ever heard of it happening.

You always go to a Mom first... if there isn't one... then a woman.
And of course, you don't actually go with anyone... you have them call your parents.
If Leiby had refused to go with this suspect, I'm not at all convinced he would have taken him by force...

Ask a Mom with small kids for help if you get lost.

I wonder how his body will be handled since it was dismembered and has to undergo an autopsy...

the wiki link posted upthread on bereavement in Judaism had this portion that may apply:

<ZAKA (heb. &#1494;&#1511;"&#1488; abbr. for Zihui Korbanot Asson lit. "Identifying Victims of Disaster" &#8211; &#1495;&#1505;&#1491; &#1513;&#1500; &#1488;&#1502;&#1514; Hessed shel Emet lit. "True Kindness" &#8211; &#1488;&#1497;&#1514;&#1493;&#1512; &#1495;&#1497;&#1500;&#1493;&#1509; &#1493;&#1492;&#1510;&#1500;&#1492;), is a community emergency response team in the State of Israel, officially recognized by the government. The organization was founded in 1989. Members of ZAKA, most of whom are Orthodox, assist ambulance crews, identify the victims of terrorism, road accidents and other disasters and, where necessary, gather body parts and spilled blood for proper burial. They also provide first aid and rescue services, and help with the search for missing persons. In the past they have responded in the aftermath of disasters around the world.>

I see that they are in Israel, but it seems there are processes in place for such terrible atrocities. I am sure those that will prepare him for burial will have guidelines to follow.

Leiby must have been so scared and called out for his Mom. Sweet boy, I'm so sorry.

i am only an ordinary jew, not orthodox, please someone - who knows - tell me the correct way to pronounce young Leiby Kletzky's first name. I thank you very much.

This is so very sad. When I went to bed I thought for sure he would be found any minute, and then I woke up to the sad news. So much seems to have been done right, as far as searchers getting out there immediately, yet the ending was so very wrong.

http://privateinvesigations.blogspot.com/

The ex-wife of Levi Aron said today she is stunned by his arrest for the grisly murder of an 8-year-old boy &#8212; calling him a good husband who was great with children.

"I am in shock. I am not believing this," Debbie Kivel, 34, told The Post after hearing the news. "He loved children. He loved kids. My kids are now 13 and 10, but when we were married they were younger &#8211; and he loved them."

Kivel, who lived with Aron in Tennessee, said she spoke with her ex just a few days ago.

"I just talked to him &#8212; he seemed like normal Levi," she said. "Everything sounded fine and normal. This is totally out of character."

Kivel says she met Aron on sawyouatsinai.com, a Jewish matchmaking site, and they were married in March 2006.

Nothing he did gave even the slightest hint he could be capable of such a heinous crime, she said.

"He worked real hard to keep us in the apartment," she said of his job as a security guard. "Everyone loved Levi, he never had a problem with anyone."

They split a year later due to "a clash of character," she said, but the Jewish divorce did not go through until 2008.

"It was more like brother/sister," she said, of the relationship.

But her father, Michael Kivel, said he had earlier misgivings about his former son-in-law.

"He was creepy person," he said, not wishing to elaborate. "I gather he went to the Hebrew School, but wasn&#8217;t smart enough and dropped out."

So sad...I used to live not far from there. It is a very close knit community and they must be in complete shock. Just an awful situation for everyone. Prayers to the family...they will need them as they continue to replay this over and over in their minds...

Are there any cases in Memphis that remained unsolved, that come to mind of members here?

I just looked through NCMEC and The Charley Project (for the last 15 years) for the State of Tennessee and couldn't find any that could be(???). I looked for 13 yrs. and younger (boys).

I must be such a cynic, because I had bad thoughts as soon as I read about Leiby...NYC is just too populated at all hours of the day and night for him to have gone unnoticed, sleeping on a bench, or in a park or anyplace, really...

this is horrible news! My thoughts and prayers are extended to the community...

my first thought upon seeing the perp's face was that the look on his face looked just like Kevin Underwood.... memba him?

wonder furthermore if this guy has made any trips to tennessee in the last few months... just wondering about Holly Bobo (on the online dating site info posted on the smoking gun linked here it said he was interested in 18 year olds!) I know it is a long shot but hope they look at his whereabouts over the last few years!!!!

How very sad for his family. Why are so many kids being harmed/killed? I just cannot understand it.

Timeline of Slain Brooklyn Boy's Disappearance :(

Tuesday

10:30 p.m.: Police track down the dentist in New Jersey. He says he did not see the suspect as a patient, but recalls him speaking to the receptionist about a past bill.

Wednesday

Shortly after 12 a.m.: Police find the receptionist, who confirms the suspect did pay a bill.

1:30 a.m.: Police return to the dentist's office, find the bill the suspect paid and learn his address and name from the paperwork.

2 a.m.: Police go to the building where the suspect lives, based on the address from the office. The suspect's father is on the ground floor of the building and says his son is upstairs. Police go up to the third-floor attic apartment and find the door slightly ajar. Aron is home and they discover bloody knives and some human remains in the refrigerator.
http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/loca...tml?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

I wonder if the autistic part is true since only one agency is reporting it and it's a news channel out of Los Angeles, not even local. Perhaps it is being reported elsewhere and I haven't seen it?

If he was autistic, I just can't imagine his parents letting him walk alone at such a young age. I'm not blaming them at all - it just doesn't make sense to me.

Regardless, this has just saddened me beyond words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member