GUILTY NY - Lesandro Guzman-Feliz, 15, murdered by gang-caught on video, Bronx, 20 June 2018 *arrests*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
BBM God bless you for that. I grew up in the Bronx.

I have worked in the suburbs and made a conscious decision to work in urban education at this phase of my life. I love the students. I love the idea that I can hear their story and help them craft a future. I have been excited to see my students (gen ed and special ed) matriculate into college or training programs and come back with pride in their choices and work. I have had my share of scary moments but have had many more times when I am delighted by the way the students tackle the challenges given to them.

Cause of death released for Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz

AUGUST 1, 2018

"BELMONT, the Bronx -- The city's medical examiner released the cause of death Wednesday for Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz, a 15-year-old from the Bronx whose killing at the hands of reputed gang members sparked widespread community outrage.

"Stab wound of neck" was the cause and the manner was homicide, the medical examiner said....."

Cause of death released for Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronx Bodega’s New Management Offers To Name It After Slain Teen

August 2, 2018

"Almost six weeks after the vicious death of Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz took place at a Bronx bodega, reports indicate it’s been sold and purchased by new owners.

NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan confirmed the news to Pix 11 and said the store has been closed since the 15-year-old’s murder. Monahan said he learned of the sale late Wednesday night. (Aug. 1)

Although the bodega is changing hands, it is reported that the new owners have offered to name the corner store after Junior. The slain teen’s family, however, is not in support of the idea.

“I don’t want to put his name here,” Lisandro Guzman, Junior’s father, said. “I don’t celebrate this corner or this bodega that killed my son.”..."

Bronx Bodega Owners Offer To Name It After Slain Teen "Junior"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bronx Bodega’s New Management Offers To Name It After Slain Teen

August 2, 2018

"Almost six weeks after the vicious death of Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz took place at a Bronx bodega, reports indicate it’s been sold and purchased by new owners.

NYPD Chief of Department Terence Monahan confirmed the news to Pix 11 and said the store has been closed since the 15-year-old’s murder. Monahan said he learned of the sale late Wednesday night. (Aug. 1)

Although the bodega is changing hands, it is reported that the new owners have offered to name the corner store after Junior. The slain teen’s family, however, is not in support of the idea.

“I don’t want to put his name here,” Lisandro Guzman, Junior’s father, said. “I don’t celebrate this corner or this bodega that killed my son.”..."

Bronx Bodega Owners Offer To Name It After Slain Teen "Junior"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I applaud the new owner for trying. However, I would be unable to accept the offer if it was my child. Somehow I would never be able to walk that block or go to that hospital ever again. The video of him in these places would haunt me.

Thanks for the update.

Exclusive: Gangland NYC — How a judge’s decision may be connected to Junior’s mistaken identity murder

"CONCOURSE, The Bronx — A judge’s order to grant bail to an alleged gang leader may be connected to the brutal killing of Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz..."

Exclusive: Gangland NYC — How a judge’s decision may be connected to Junior’s mistaken identity murder
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gangland NYC: Special report on gang crisis in aftermath of Junior’s slaying (video)

"This was the Summer of Junior. His savage murder, captured on video, forced all of us to confront gang violence. In this special, we are detailing the city's long history of gang activity.

We profile former gang members and the innocent victims of gang violence. "Gangland NYC" also looks at the social media methods gangs are using to recruit new members and the culture of gangs born in the jail system.

PIX11 also examines the fight against gangs by the NYPD and ATF at the street level."

Gangland NYC: Special report on gang crisis in aftermath of Junior’s slaying
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community members call for bodega where teen was killed to be shut down (with clip)

"BELMONT -
It's been just over two months since Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz was attacked and killed in Belmont.

On Monday night, a group of community members gathered outside the bodega where Junior spent some of the last moments of his life....

Junior’s mother says she is grateful for the support, but echoed the calls of the protesters to have the bodega close.

"I don't want the store there. I don't want the store either. I would like they put something there like a church or a community. A safe haven for the community to help children. Because this is a dangerous store, a dangerous corner. This is corner of the death," says Junior's mother, Leandra Feliz...."

Community members call for bodega where teen was killed to be shut down

NYPD Scholarships Honor Slain Explorer
Lesandro "Junior" Guzman-Feliz's mother and father appeared at the annual Police Explorers graduation for 250 aspiring law enforcers where two $5,000 scholarships were awarded.

"NEW YORK -- It was the closest Lesandro (Junior) Guzman-Feliz would ever come to his dream job with the NYPD — and that was enough for his proud parents.

Guzman-Feliz, the victim of a brutal June 20 gang execution, emerged as the star Wednesday at the annual Police Explorers graduation for 250 aspiring law enforcers....

The Explorers program is aimed at aspiring law enforcers between the ages of 14 and 20, offering lessons in life skills, leadership and community service...."

NYPD Scholarships Honor Slain Explorer

scholarships.5b7ee85edff30.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

13th suspect arrested in Bronx teen 'Junior' Guzman's killing, police says

"...Ronald Urena, 29, was charged with murder, manslaughter, criminal possession of a weapon, gang assault and conspiracy, according to the New York Police Department. His arrest marks the 13th in connection with Guzman-Feliz's killing....

Kevin Alvarez, 19; Luis Cabrera Santos, 25; Danel Fernandez, 21; Elvin Garcia, 29; Antonio Hernandez-Santiago, 24; Jonaiki Martinez-Estrella, 24; Jose Muniz, 21; Danilo Payamps Pacheco, 21; Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, 26; Manuel Rivera, 18; Diego Suero, 29, and Jose Taverez, 21, have also been arrested in Guzman-Feliz's death, according to police...."

13th suspect arrested in Bronx teen 'Junior' Guzman's killing, police says
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One more suspect in Bronx teen’s murder still at large

"A 14th suspect in the brutal slaying of Bronx teen Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz is still at large, it was revealed in court Monday.

The development surfaced at the arraignment for a 13th defendant, Ronald Urena, who was arrested Sunday night for his alleged involvement in the horrific caught-on-video bodega slaying by members of the Trinitarios gang. Junior, 15, was slashed and stabbed to death with machetes and knives in June in an apparent case of mistaken identity.

Bronx prosecutor Masateru Marubashi said parts of Urena’s indictment — on second-degree murder and conspiracy charges — were redacted “because one perpetrator is still at large.”...

Urena is due back in court Oct. 25."

https://nypost.com/2018/08/27/one-more-suspect-in-bronx-teens-murder-still-at-large/
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pictured: 20-year-old Trinitarios gang member is the 14th person wanted over brutal Bronx bodega murder

13 September 2018

"Police are looking for a 14th suspect in connection to the brutal bodega murder of 15-year-old Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz.

A photograph of Frederick Then was released by NYPD officers on Wednesday, who are looking to speak with the 20-year-old after Guzman-Feliz was dragged from a Bronx bodega and killed with a machete on June 20....

Law enforcement sources told the Daily News police are not just looking for those who physically killed Guzman-Feliz, but for anyone who had anything to do with the attack....

Kevin Alvarez, 19; Danel Fernandez, 21; Joniki Martinez Estrella, 24; Jose Tavarez, 21; Danilo Payamps Pacheco, 21; Diego Suero, 29; Gabriel Ramirez Concepcion, 26; and Luis Cabrera Santos, 25, were all charged with second-degree murder, first-degree manslaughter, second-degree conspiracy, first-degree gang assault, second-degree gang assault and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon.

Elvin Garcia, 23; Antonio Rodriguez Hernandez Santiago, 24; Manuel Rivera, 18; and Jose Muniz, 22, were slapped with the above mentioned charges along with first-degree murder, including torture.

Late last month, Ronald Urena, 29, was charged with murder, manslaughter, gang assault, conspiracy and criminal possession of a weapon. "

Pictured: 20-year-old Trinitarios gang member is the 14th person wanted over Bronx bodega murder | Daily Mail Online

5021242800000578-6164191-image-a-1_1536850443639.jpg

(This photograph of Frederick Then was released by NYPD officers on Wednesday)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Junior Files: New videos show Bronx teen trying to outrun gang street chase (with clip)

SEPTEMBER 18, 2018

"THE BRONX -- Surveillance footage obtained by PIX11 News from the night of June 20, 2018 shows a street chase by suspected members of the Trinitarios gang, as they hunted down 15-year-old Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz.

The tragic teen is seen racing down East 183rd Street toward Bathgate Avenue just after 11:35 p.m., running so fast that he lost his sandals, with multiple men and two cars at his heels.

Two other vehicles come from a different direction — all of them packed with people intent on settling a score....

PIX11 started reviewing the Junior Files last Thursday, which include hundreds of pages of documents, photographs, and videos that illustrate more of what happened on the street—and inside the bodega...."

The Junior Files: New videos show Bronx teen trying to outrun gang street chase
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Junior Files, Part 2: How the NYPD tracked the 14 suspects (with clip)

SEPTEMBER 19, 2018

"...The Junior Files reveal that investigators searched shelters, checked Department of Correction visitor’s logs, and did old-fashioned pounding of the pavement to visit last-known addresses for many of the suspects.

Some of the surveillance we reviewed showed suspects running to four cars outside the bodega on Bathgate Avenue, after multiple men stabbed Junior repeatedly with knives and one machete...."

The Junior Files, Part 2: How the NYPD tracked the 14 suspects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Junior Files, Part 3: Bronx teen’s mom had bad feeling about Adams Place (with clip)

"THE BRONX — Leandra Feliz was worried in late June this year.

In the immediate weeks before her son, Lesandro, known as Junior, stumbled to a hospital security booth, with a lethal stab wound in his neck, Feliz had seen other young people rushed to the Intensive Care Unit at St. Barnabas Medical Center...."

The Junior Files, Part 3: Bronx teen’s mom had bad feeling about Adams Place
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Junior Files, Part 4: Police say Junior made one call before deadly gang chase (with clip)

SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

"THE BRONX -- Lesandro “Junior” Guzman-Feliz made one, final call to a friend, just before four carloads of suspected Trinitarios gang members started chasing him about 11:33 p.m. on Wednesday, June 20.

That’s the word from a law enforcement source on Junior’s murder case, who told PIX11, “There’s no text on Junior’s phone records to come to Adams Place. Junior made a call.”..."

The Junior Files, Part 4: Police say Junior made one call before deadly gang chase
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom of teen hacked to death in horrifying Bronx bodega attack warns of scam artist trying to raise money in her son's name

4 October 2018

"The mother of the 15-year-old hacked to death with a machete in the Bronx, New York, claims a scam artist has been raising money in her son's memory.

The mother of Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz stood beside a local city council member at a meeting on Monday and said that Reynold Gregg, who also goes by R.A. Gregg, has been seeking financial contributions on her son's behalf under a non-profit, non-governmental organization called 'New York City Council Community Affairs Bureau'.

Leandra Feliz said Gregg presented himself to the family as a government official and tried conning them into signing documents...."

Lesandro 'Junior' Guzman-Feliz's mom claims a scam artist is trying to profit off her son's death | Daily Mail Online
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch: Junior’s mom speaks out before court hearing in her son’s Bronx bodega death

OCTOBER 22, 2018

"On Thursday, Leandra Feliz will attend an important court hearing where all 14 murder suspects in her son’s death will be together....

The first big hearing in the case since July is on Thursday. Feliz said she plans to be at every hearing in court connected to her son’s murder.

“I’ll be there and I’ll be ready,” she said."

Watch: Junior’s mom speaks out before court hearing in her son’s Bronx bodega death
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All suspects to appear in court in slaying of Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz (with clip)

OCTOBER 25, 2018

"NEW YORK — All 14 suspects in the slaying of Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz are expected to appear in court together Thursday morning.

The prosecution will ask the suspects for a DNA sample in to compare it with DNA found in some of the getaway vehicles....

All accused members of the Trinitarios gang — are in custody in connection with Guzman-Feliz's murder and face charges including first and second-degree murder to manslaughter and gang violence:...

All 14 suspects pled not guilty in the death of Guzman-Feliz...."

All suspects to appear in court in slaying of Lesandro ‘Junior’ Guzman-Feliz
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tayericson1026
Back