NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
right so if he's 30, he killed and dismembered his first victimat the age of 14? or if he's 35 he killed his them when he was 18?

I say he's 35 or 36. That would have made him 18 or 19 the first time he amd his crew were asked to dispose of a body. Very likely age to start too.

As far as offensive? You totally misunderstood what I wrote. My post defends Italian Americans. It was Goathair that implied that no way a young guido could pull off fooling someone into thinking he is older on the phone.

Anyway, all of this totally misses my point because the cleanup guy would not be making phone calls anyway because he most likely would not know the identity of any of the victims. He could very well have disposed of some remains for a client who is a 50ish guy.

@Shadowwraith: Thanks for the better images. This is all from Jane Doe 6?
The top image is jewelry found with Jane Doe 10, the west-most set of remains in the Nassau County section of Ocean Parkway. The bottom image is jewelry found with Baby Doe, who was found just east of Jane Doe 6, and who is related by DNA to Jane Doe 10.

The top image is jewelry found with Jane Doe 10, the west-most set of remains in the Nassau County section of Ocean Parkway. The bottom image is jewelry found with Baby Doe, who was found just east of Jane Doe 6, and who is related by DNA to Jane Doe 10.

Thanks for giving the mother the name Jane Doe 10. Hopefully we will know her real name soon.

@Minazoe: Which one? The LISK who dropped the GB4? Or the Manorville Torso Killer? For LISK, I suggest a pickup because the timeline suggests construction business.

@Mountain Kat: The one bone, the family got later was from Megan Waterman or Melissa Barthelmy, I think and it was one bone, so probably animal. It's hard to dismember someone in a way, that there is only one rib or so out. It was mentioned in some artcles about the memorial, the families had at LI.

@Seaslug44: I buy, that the mob is well and alive, fine. But I stil haven't found a reason why a wanna-be mobster would kill 4 so different looking prostitutes. Sexual predators with a taste for change would bring some racial diversity in, most other types would just go for attracts them sexually. But this is so half-defined.

@Shadowwraiths: Thanks a lot

@Redbird: Well, at least, it wasn't another Lolita-suggestion

yeah I hate to blow the lid off of angry mob type...because I have known the type and usually they have temper issues...not this deep type of urge to create little installations of bodies and body parts.

This is someone willing to take the time, put in the work, go in again and again...it's not done out of fear or in cleaning up...it's all very deliberate and obsessive.

he doesn't run away from his little messes, he plants them and fawns over them, and remembers good and well where they all are.

this is no kid, a kid wouldn't have patience for this kind of butchery...he probably wouldn't have the privacy either..you have to have things in order...even if you are being random in selecting.

@Mountain Kat: The one bone, the family got later was from Megan Waterman or Melissa Barthelmy, I think and it was one bone, so probably animal. It's hard to dismember someone in a way, that there is only one rib or so out. It was mentioned in some artcles about the memorial, the families had at LI.

I knew all that, Peter...not sure if you meant to address this to me or not, since I didn't ask or bring up the topic. Maybe you got me confused with someone else? Either way, no harm no foul. :) I just don't want to miss a point you were trying to make if you did mean to address that to me, know what I mean?

@Seaslug44: I buy, that the mob is well and alive, fine. But I stil haven't found a reason why a wanna-be mobster would kill 4 so different looking prostitutes. Sexual predators with a taste for change would bring some racial diversity in, most other types would just go for attracts them sexually. But this is so half-defined.
Never said the wanna-be gangsta or his crew killed. I'm saying that they are the clean-up guys (who possibly may have killed one or more of the victims if someone offered to pay a high enough bounty).

Never said the wanna-be gangsta or his crew killed. I'm saying that they are the clean-up guys (who possibly may have killed one or more of the victims if someone offered to pay a high enough bounty).

Your long post below is right on in describing the kind of punk I had in mind.

I lived on Long Island for almost thirty years. I have a niece in Suffolk who is a cop, and a nephew from Islip who is a NY State Trooper. You know it and I know it--the Mafia owns half of Long Island.

People in other parts of the USA have no idea about the amount of organized crime in the New York area.

No, I'm not talking jerks like the boys on "Jersey Shore."

I'm talking cold-blooded hardcore hoods who know how to make people disappear.

Your long post below is right on in describing the kind of punk I had in mind.

I lived on Long Island for almost thirty years. I have a niece in Suffolk who is a cop, and a nephew from Islip who is a NY State Trooper. You know it and I know it--the Mafia owns half of Long Island.

People in other parts of the USA have no idea about the amount of organized crime in the New York area.

No, I'm not talking jerks like the boys on "Jersey Shore."

I'm talking cold-blooded hardcore hoods who know how to make people disappear.

BBM - Thanks Pinkhammer for your insight!!! The problem I have with these murders being part of organized crime, is the fact that the last bodies were found wrapped in burlap and essentially dumped in the brush on the side of the freaking road!! Organized crime would have been MUCH more careful. For instance, the dismembered bodies that were found in both Manorville and Long Island, I would have thought organized crime would have dumped the body parts in a manner that they would have never been found, i.e. in the sewer, in the ocean, in an incerator, etc. The strange, in-your-face manner of dumping the body parts in Manorville, and then in Long Island seems to fit in with the more recent burlap-wrapped bodies dumped on the side of the road, IMHO.

Pinkhammer: It's not just people from other parts of the Country who do not get it. Most Long Islanders (including some of the members here) are in denial about how strong of a hold organized crime families have upon our metro area. When I served on the Special Grand Jury, our only function was to be utilized by the U.S. District Attorney's office as a platform to investigate organized crime via sworn testimonies of mostly witnesses who agreed to cooperate in exchange for consideration of a reduced sentence for some crime they were arrested for. I know Truthspider is going to want to hang me for saying this, but every person who walked in the door was clearly identified to us by the Assistant U.S. District Attorney with specific titles like "member of the Russian Mafia in Brighton Beach ", "associate of a Chinese Gang in Flushing", and "a former soldier in the Gambino crime family". This has nothing at all to do with picking on any specific group and everything to do with saying it the way that it is. You are so right about how much there is a real danger out there. And out of all of the thugs we investigated, the most dangerous type were the small independent groups who only pretended that they were "connected" to a real organized crime family".

Reannan: This is how we end up with bodies that are dumped just begging to be found. You are right; if it were a member of a real organized crime family doing the disposal there would surely not be any evidence that a murder was ever committed (and the bodies would probably never be found). But when the crew being hired to dispose of the bodies is one of these wanna-be's who really don't care, we end up with body parts washing ashore (instead of sinking to the bottom and staying there as intended). We also end up with tattoos that aren't completely removed as specifically instructed. With multiple killers and multiple people on the "cleanup" team, one thing we do end up with is a confusing mess of diverse (and even conflicting) M/O's (with the only true common denominator being that the victim's bodies all being found in tight geographic clusters or washing up on one of our shores or lakesides).

One more thing... Do not mistakenly confuse "wanna-be gangster" with "amateur". These guys clearly know what they are doing and how to work together as a team to pretty much guarantee that they will never be caught unless one of them turns the others in to keep his own *advertiser censored* out of jail.

Wow, just stumbled upon this; a dumping ground off Route 8 in CT that includes unsolved strangled prostitutes as well as a dismembered body!

Here's the article;

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/serialkillers.html

Still want to believe that all of these bodies are the work of single serial killer(s) or can someone at least agree with me that it's remotely possible that they are being dumped by self-declared professional cleanup crews or "fixers"?

i don't think anyone bothers to clean up stuff like dead prostitutes. Don't prostitutes just end up od'd and no one bothers to make sure it's an accident, or they get beaten to death, but the pimp will say it wasn't him or whatever...

Somehow it seems like "clean-up crews" might just make matters worse.

of course...I could know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, too.

Wow, just stumbled upon this; a dumping ground off Route 8 in CT that includes unsolved strangled prostitutes as well as a dismembered body!

Here's the article;

http://www.angelfire.com/ct3/unsolvedct/serialkillers.html

Still want to believe that all of these bodies are the work of single serial killer(s) or can someone at least agree with me that it's remotely possible that they are being dumped by self-declared professional cleanup crews or "fixers"?

I don't believe for one second that the GB4 are the victims of organized crime. I do, however, think it highly possible that the Manorville bodies could be low level gang related.

MOO

@Mountain Kat: My bad, Mountain Kat, the bone thing was for Truthspider, but you had the quote in it and I got messed up. Sorry!
The Manorville bodies ... hummm ... to drive around body parts and stage the torso isn't really consistent with low level gang activity.

@Seaslug: But then a cleaning crew of wannabes would have just put some weight on the bodies and sank them in the sea. A clean-up would indicate a wish to get them hidden, out of sight. Just dropping bodies means rather to get rid of the bodies without caring too much. And the whole scenario leaves me still with the question how would the victimology fit?
Wannabe in this case = someone pretending to be high ranking mobster while being in fact just an errant-boy for the dirty jobs.
I like that article about dumping grounds, even it is a little simplified. If for example an SK raised and living in NY wants to get rid of a body, he first has to know about Pelham Park to come to the idea to drop the body there. And if he did a little internet research, he would find out, people did so in the younger past, which would make him think, isn't that area patrolled nowadays? So dumping grounds in high populated areas have, as far as it comes to SK, some kind of popularity waves. LI had no bigger body finds since Riffkin (LISK1 or the original LISK), while Pelham Park had some nasty finds till the early 2000s.
The other article you found at Angelfire remembers me to the Highway of Tears in Canada, only that one has a lot more bodies. Once more, I would like to point out, that bodies found in one area are not sufficient prove that they are dropped by the same killer or crew. There seems also to be some kind of mutual attraction especially for SKs to each other. And don't interpret "attraction" as thoroughly positive feeling in this case.

@Pinkhammer: ... know how to make people disappear. Only they are a lot more professional than what we saw at Gilgo Beach. If they make one disappear, we can be pretty sure, the bodies will not pop up in the open nature.

@Reannan: Staging of body parts is a statememt. Normally, but not exclusively, in the way of "Look at me, I can do this, fear me". Nice anecdote on the site, London Torso II. who was at the same time busy in London as Jack the Ripper, but lacked obviously Jack's talent in letter writing, tried to come back on page one by staging one torso at the construction site of New Scotland Yard and also, by throwing a package with a cut of arm in Mary Shelley's front yard. Shelley, the author of Frankenstein, was in real life a rather shy, but at the time pretty popular person. Most real torso killers have some need for attention. They don't want those bodies just gone without a trace, they want to use them for getting attention.

@Mountain Kat: My bad, Mountain Kat, the bone thing was for Truthspider, but you had the quote in it and I got messed up. Sorry!
The Manorville bodies ... hummm ... to drive around body parts and stage the torso isn't really consistent with low level gang activity.

@Seaslug: But then a cleaning crew of wannabes would have just put some weight on the bodies and sank them in the sea. A clean-up would indicate a wish to get them hidden, out of sight. Just dropping bodies means rather to get rid of the bodies without caring too much. And the whole scenario leaves me still with the question how would the victimology fit?
Wannabe in this case = someone pretending to be high ranking mobster while being in fact just an errant-boy for the dirty jobs.
I like that article about dumping grounds, even it is a little simplified. If for example an SK raised and living in NY wants to get rid of a body, he first has to know about Pelham Park to come to the idea to drop the body there. And if he did a little internet research, he would find out, people did so in the younger past, which would make him think, isn't that area patrolled nowadays? So dumping grounds in high populated areas have, as far as it comes to SK, some kind of popularity waves. LI had no bigger body finds since Riffkin (LISK1 or the original LISK), while Pelham Park had some nasty finds till the early 2000s.
The other article you found at Angelfire remembers me to the Highway of Tears in Canada, only that one has a lot more bodies. Once more, I would like to point out, that bodies found in one area are not sufficient prove that they are dropped by the same killer or crew. There seems also to be some kind of mutual attraction especially for SKs to each other. And don't interpret "attraction" as thoroughly positive feeling in this case.

@Pinkhammer: ... know how to make people disappear. Only they are a lot more professional than what we saw at Gilgo Beach. If they make one disappear, we can be pretty sure, the bodies will not pop up in the open nature.

@Reannan: Staging of body parts is a statememt. Normally, but not exclusively, in the way of "Look at me, I can do this, fear me". Nice anecdote on the site, London Torso II. who was at the same time busy in London as Jack the Ripper, but lacked obviously Jack's talent in letter writing, tried to come back on page one by staging one torso at the construction site of New Scotland Yard and also, by throwing a package with a cut of arm in Mary Shelley's front yard. Shelley, the author of Frankenstein, was in real life a rather shy, but at the time pretty popular person. Most real torso killers have some need for attention. They don't want those bodies just gone without a trace, they want to use them for getting attention.

If we're talking about Jessica Taylor, I don't see anything about her remains that strikes me as staged. I see a killer (or killers) who sloppily tried to eradicate her identity...that's pretty much it.

But that's just me.

@Mountain Kat:
http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868
On July 26, 2003, days after she [Jessica Taylor] was seen working as a prostitute on the streets near the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Manhattan, her nude torso was found in the woods in Manorville, near the Long Island Expressway. A woman walking her dog came across Taylor's butchered body on a pile of branches. Police said she had been dumped about a week before.
Other articles call those branches "gathered wood", again other "firewood" but all agree, the torso was ON the pile.

@Mountain Kat:
http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/chilling-find-links-li-dumping-grounds-1.2865868

Other articles call those branches "gathered wood", again other "firewood" but all agree, the torso was ON the pile.

Ewww, yuck! This is what incenses me so much; not only does he commit such a horrible atrocity against a human being but he discards them and causes mental anguish to those who discover and investigate the crime scene. Finding somebody like that will forever be stored in the hard drive of a person's mind. I just really hate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
internationalsleuth