NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dormer was just interviewed on JVM and she asked him if they had any suspects or persons of interest and he would not answer the question directly but he made it sound like they do have someone they are looking at. It's still on... turn on HLN if you're near a tv.

Dormer just said on JVM that basically profiling is a bunch of malarky and is very unreliable. Megan Waterman mother just said SCPD has TWO PEOPLE of interest.

God JVM sucks. This is awful journalism. I did enjoy how she referred to Dormer as Richard "Doorman". Way to grill him on whether they had a suspect or not after you interrupted him three times. Maybe if you let him talk you could get an answer to your question.

Plus, her hair looks suspect. Is that some kind of weave?

I'm trying to put myself in the sk's shoes. (I know, I know...I will say 3 Hail Mary's when I'm done) If he heard the interview between JVM and Dormer I don't think he would feel so confident. Dormer's statements would be confusing from the standpoint of the sk. Actually, I would feel unbalanced in that I don't know if they are on to me or not. They might be closer to finding me out than I think.

Yeah, if Dormer's goal was to leave the sk paranoid I think it worked.

By refusing to answer as to whether or not they have a POI or suspect, Dormer made me think that they have a POI or suspect. Then again, maybe he just doesn't want to admit that they have no POI or suspect. So.....

Jane Velez Mitchell Headline News...she"s a good egg...

Thanks for the link, now I remember that particular tidbit. This got me thinking though, Truth. It doesn't sound to me that these calls were predominantly racially charged......
But it doesn't seem like this is a racist SK.

Let me help you out as I am an expert on the subject :)

If someone say's, "man Halle Berry is so hot" and then someone responds, "yeah she is so hot, she's a half-breed, they are hot". That use of "half-breed" isn't racially charged (technically it still is, but for the purpose of this argument let's not go there)

But if someone calls you to say, "do you want to see your sister again? I have her, she's a *advertiser censored*, your a half-breed, I killed your sister... etc" Than that use of "half-breed" IS racially charged, we know this because of the CONTEXT. But if I have to explain that to you, you probably won't get it anyway.

Sorry inspector, your lack of understanding the nuance in words is making me wonder if you are a computer or a SK.....I know I know, I'm "sooo mean".

Big News!

Shannan Gilbert's body may be at Gilgo

The woman whose disappearance sparked a search that led investigators to the remains of four sex workers near Gilgo Beach may herself still be in the deep underbrush there, Suffolk County police said Wednesday.

Police said they will reopen the search for Shannan Gilbert. The decision was disclosed a day after Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said authorities now believe one killer is responsible for 10 murders dating to 1996.

The victims' remains were found along more than 8 miles of Ocean Parkway and linked to other body parts in Davis Park on Fire Island, and in Manorville.

The 24-year-old sex worker, who lived in Jersey City, vanished May 1, 2010, after visiting the Oak Beach home of a man who had answered her ad on Craigslist. Gilbert was last seen running from the house.

A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the department's detective division received new information Wednesday morning indicating the "possibility" that Gilbert may be dead, with her body dumped along the parkway.

Dormer told Newsday on Tuesday that police do not believe Gilbert's disappearance is part of the serial killer case.

Police plan to return to the Gilgo, Cedar and Oak Beach area to search for her, the spokeswoman said. Police would not say when the searches would be conducted and declined to further discuss the new information.

Dormer said Tuesday that police first launched an extensive hunt for Gilbert on May 3, 2010, two days after she disappeared. That search included a helicopter.

Additional efforts to find her and eventually other victims were conducted in December 2010, and in March, April and June of this year, some involving scuba divers and a Black Hawk helicopter.

It was during a search by a police officer and a trained dog on Dec. 11, 2010, that investigators found the first of what turned out to be the remains of four women who worked as prostitutes near Gilgo Beach. Subsequent searches along Ocean Parkway turned up other remains, including four more women, a man and a toddler.

Dormer said Tuesday that investigators now believe the slayings may be the work of a single serial killer because of where the victims were dumped and their ties to the sex industry.

Relatives of the victims had varied reactions to Dormer's comments on the latest theory.

"Why after a year is he now finally saying it's only one person?" said Lorraine Waterman, mother of victim Megan Waterman of Scarborough, Maine. "The case has gone cold. Everybody knows it," she said.

But Melissa Cann, 27, sister of victim Maureen Brainard Barnes of Connecticut, said, "It's a good time to get it back in the media" to bring renewed attention to the case. Police "are trying to catch up to a killer that's ahead of them by 15 years."

The families of four victims plan to hold a vigil at Gilgo Beach on Dec. 13 to mark the first anniversary of the discoveries.

Do you think the SK is trying to play games with police by dumping SG's body on the Ocean Parkway after the announcement that Dormer made yesterday?

Big News!

Shannan Gilbert's body may be at Gilgo

The woman whose disappearance sparked a search that led investigators to the remains of four sex workers near Gilgo Beach may herself still be in the deep underbrush there, Suffolk County police said Wednesday.

Police said they will reopen the search for Shannan Gilbert. The decision was disclosed a day after Police Commissioner Richard Dormer said authorities now believe one killer is responsible for 10 murders dating to 1996.

thanks goat hair, they can't make up their minds can they? lol :crazy:
what is certain right now? well we certainly know developments are happening. I am going to bed. I'll be back when scpd makes up their mind.

Do you think the SK is trying to plat games with police by dumping SG's body on the Ocean Parkway after the announcement that Dormer made yesterday?

No, they will be able to tell if she has been buried there somewhere they missed in the spring or if she was recently dumped. maybe the SK is sending anonymous letters to SCPD with directions to the body to keep the fantasy going.

Or maybe they are watching someone in particular after last weeks abduction attempt and want to observe his reaction to the news they are releasing?

I am local, and I never thought of this theory with the King's Point weirdo before today!

I have lots of thoughts and opinions about this case. I'll share them when I have more time. I'm just shocked that the case hasn't been solved yet. I'm sorry, but around here, we're used to the NYCPD solving things very quickly. I'm not knocking the SCPD. I'm just saying that it's surprising that it took so long and there isn't even a solid "theory".

Er, that link was originally posted on the LISK board by The Nasty. I want to give credit where it's due.

As of Tuesday night Dormer was insisting that SG's case was an unrelated coincidence. Then on Wednesday morning, the Feds busted a huge human trafficking ring run by the mob (20 Arrested in Alleged Mob-Linked Sex Trafficking Ring at New York Strip Clubs). A few hours after the Feds arrested the members of the Gambino & Bonanno Crime Families, the SCPD does a complete 180 stating that SG's case is indeed connected based upon new information received Wednesday morning;
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the commissioner received information from the department's detective division Wednesday morning indicating the "possibility" that Gilbert may be dead, with her body dumped along the parkway.

Dormer told Newsday on Tuesday that police do not believe Gilbert's disappearance is part of the serial killer case.
source here: Cops: Shannan Gilbert's body may be at Gilgo

She still has not been found, and police said Tuesday that they thought it may be an unrelated case, but have since changed their position.
source here:Gilgo Beach murder investigation focuses on a single serial killer

It is very possible that the Feds either stumbled upon evidence during their arrests or one of the mobsters agreed to trade information about SG in exchange for immunity (or to completely avoid being arrested).

Any of these last names sound familiar (like we came across them while researching residents of Oak Beach/Neighbors of JB)?

Defendants ALPHONSE TRUCCHIO, WILLIAM PAZIENZA, SR., CHRISTOPHER COLON, and RICHARD GUTKOWSKI, who are members or associates of the Gambino Organized Crime Family, and ANTHONY FRASCONE, PAUL CASELLA, and LAWRENCE ZAINO, who are members or associates of the Bonnano Organized Crime Family, are charged with racketeering and extortion crimes related to their control of several Strip Clubs located in Queens and Long Island, New York, at which the women worked. These seven defendants and 13 others—ALEKSANDR KRAVETS, THOMAS DEVITT III, GERALD MONFORT, YONG WANG, BORIS YUSUPOV, VITALIY MINDYUK, ZHANNA KUZNETSOVA, ELENA TURUBANOVA, NATALIA IVANOVA, CHRISTINE GUNNING, JEFFREY RINCHEY, OSCAR ZELEDON, and ALEXANDER BELESON—are also charged with several other crimes related to the scheme, including visa fraud, marriage fraud, and transporting, harboring, and inducing the entry of illegal aliens.
- 11/30/11 FBI Field Report

Other than Colon, these aren't exactly mainstream last names that are found in every community.

Similar article to what you posted, GoatHair...

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8449104

Truth, I agree with your thought that the killer may be sending them letters or communicating with them in some way. Wish we knew the dirt.

I'm thinking that some form of communication was left with the male suitcase victim found in Yonkers and possibly something was deliberately stated to the woman who was recently abducted.

He is definitely communicating with LE whether it's verbally, literally or non verbally.

Do you think the SK is trying to play games with police by dumping SG's body on the Ocean Parkway after the announcement that Dormer made yesterday?

Yes. LISK probably thinks that he's a real funny character. I think LE is doing a real good job of having Dormer appear to be clueless and incompetent.

It's on and poppin' now. I thought he would have been acting up during the summer. Notice how he bcomes active around holidays?

Any of these last names sound familiar (like we came across them while researching residents of Oak Beach/Neighbors of JB)?

- 11/30/11 FBI Field Report

Other than Colon, these aren't exactly mainstream last names that are found in every community.

None of these charges can even be related to the gilgo/SG case:

Strip Club Extortions
Visa Fraud Conspiracy
Conspiracy to Transport, Harbor, and Induce Entry of Illegal Aliens
Marriage Fraud Conspiracy

We are dealing with a classic serial killer case, there is no mob connection. Prejudice is blinding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member