NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it makes sense now. thanks seaslug.

THANK YOU for taking the time to read and consider the possibility. I ran into the same problem while researching if it is possible if one of the radical Muslim groups operating in our area is possibly the crime organization linked to the trafficking of some of our victims. Some thought my Sleuthing was over the top. <modsnip> It is well-documented that Malcolm X came to the Bronx to run an organized prostitution ring.

Seaslug, Your theory is just as viable as any other theories I have read. Actually, I backed off from sleuthing this case a few months back while sleuthing someone who I learned had mob connections. It is not beyond reasoning that some women who did not comply with the mobs wishes to be 'snuffed'.

JMO

wm

I think your theory is pretty sound Seaslug.

There are a few parts I'm not sure of though. I do think an SK could operate without the mob knowing though. Not to sound too insensitive to the victims...

I'll send you a pm to the last part.

okay last night...( I was taking migraine meds so forgive me). Late last night on CNN Lemon had some psycologist dude who worked at the prisons and ran some kind of OUTREACH for prosiitutes....and Im not kidding about this...he said ( not verbatum). In the NY area...( of this I am pretty sure).

He has had a lot of distraught parents CALL him looking for their troubled daughters...

I have never seen this guy on before...hmmmm

THANK YOU for taking the time to read and consider the possibility. I ran into the same problem while researching if it is possible if one of the radical Muslim groups operating in our area is possibly the crime organization linked to the trafficking of some of our victims. Some thought my Sleuthing was over the top. <modsnip> It is well-documented that Malcolm X came to the Bronx to run an organized prostitution ring.

<modsnip> The Nation of Islam was not connected with prostitution, nor was Malcolm X after he converted. He started out as a criminal and pimp. While in jail, he educated himself and converted to Islam and changed his life. He was on a journey that was cut short by his murder. <modsnip>

The murders are the work of a serial killer. <modsnip> Women are killed by men who hate women everywhere, in every country, all the time, every day, and have been for centuries. Sadly, it is commonplace. And prostitutes are easy prey - vulnerable, and easy scapegoats for derision and hatred. Why does everything have to be a giant complicated conspiracy? This is not a movie. It's pretty clear-cut.

<modsnip>

I think there's some validity to the theory of the deaths of these women being mob related. Certainly the timing of the new announcements in the LISK case with the prostitution sting is notable and might not be random. That said, is there any word that these women or their pimps were in some way associated with the mod? I'm sure it's entirely possible, I just don't recall having read about it.

I still go with the single killer theory. The haphazard job of burying the bodies and the phone calls to Melissa Barthelemy's sister seem like the work of somebody who likes playing games and isn't murdering people for professional reasons.

Maybe the special tomorrow will shed some new light on who may be responsible one way or the other.

Was thinking more about 1 serial killer for all 10 victims...and about Jane Doe #6 being killed in 1996 or thereabouts...

That was 15 years ago, so the SK obviously is probably 40+ now ..at least. We also don't know if Jane Doe #6 was his first victim. He could have been killing for even longer before 1996.

I know it would probably be a daunting task, but I wonder if law enforcement have considered looking at property records to see which homeowners owned property at Oak Beach prior to 1996. That should narrow the pool of suspects a bit though.

I think there's some validity to the theory of the deaths of these women being mob related. Certainly the timing of the new announcements in the LISK case with the prostitution sting is notable and might not be random. That said, is there any word that these women or their pimps were in some way associated with the mod? I'm sure it's entirely possible, I just don't recall having read about it.

I still go with the single killer theory. The haphazard job of burying the bodies and the phone calls to Melissa Barthelemy's sister seem like the work of somebody who likes playing games and isn't murdering people for professional reasons.

Maybe the special tomorrow will shed some new light on who may be responsible one way or the other.

Shannan worked for herself. She hired the driver. He wasn't her pimp. Lord knows the mob doesn't have much respect for women and wouldn't hesitate to do whatever they wanted with whoever they wanted, but this has all the hallmarks of a SK case - including the phone call aspect that you mention.

Lots of newsworthy things happened last week. Do we tie them to the LISK case too? It's coincidence. There's no indication it's anything more - pure and absolute speculation.

I'd bet money right now it's one of (or, though less likely IMHO, a combo of) the 3 key players (JB, CPH or MP - the latter I think is least likely.) I'd also bet LE know and there will be an arrest in the next 6 months. I hope, anyway.

just read on the tax assessors site that 71% of the homeowners at Gilgo-Oak Beach-Captree have owned their properties for 15 yrs or more....ugh but this also includes the community of homes to the west of Oak Beach...

http://www.townofbabylon.com/demographics.cfm

The beach communities are counted as one by the census, with only 333 people scattered over 8.4 miles.
The median family income is $105,870.
The ethnic breakdown is 97 percent white, three percent Asian, and approximately two percent Hispanic or Latino.
71 percent of these beach community residents have lived in their current home for 15 years or more.

so 71% of 333 = 236 (total for those 3 beach communities)

Hello Reannan. Hope all is well with you.

Just want to bring you up to speed with the latest developments (this case has had so many twists and this week has seen some crazy ones).

As of Tuesday evening LE was saying that SG being in the area was a coincidence but on Wednesday morning they came into some information that made them immediately change their opinion. Not only do they now thing that SG is a victim of the same circumstances as the other bodies found, they also think that it is likely that she is dead and buried somewhere among the underbrush in the Gilgo Beach area. They announced that searches for her body will be taking place in the near future.

Seaslug could you please post a link to the info I have highlighted in your post?
I´v tried to google it but could not find it, I´m very interested in reading the newsreport.

Thanks in advance.

TF

Seaslug44

I did som more googling and found this info which does not seem to fit what you were saying in your post.
I´m not saying that your info is wrong, I just can´t find anything that verify it so far.

This, 3 days ago (Thursday Dec 1, 2011), Associated Press newsreport is saying that Dormer state that Shannon Gilbert is:

"is likely dead, although he said the circumstances of her disappearance do not match those of the other victims"

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...H_XfAg?docId=63969b1b2c9645689ab093efbf79c0ea

Quote:

The first of the victims was found almost by accident in December 2010, when a police officer and cadaver dog were searching for Gilbert. She was last seen in a beach community along Ocean Parkway in May of that year. Dormer said Wednesday that police believe Gilbert is likely dead, although he said the circumstances of her disappearance do not match those of the other victims

Seaslug could you please post a link to the info I have highlighted in your post?
I´v tried to google it but could not find it, I´m very interested in reading the newsreport.

Thanks in advance.

TF

It was on ABC Local and a few other sites. This is the quote;

She still has not been found, and police said Tuesday that they thought it may be an unrelated case, but have since changed their position.

Just need to find the source again for you.

Here is another source;
So far, 10 bodies have been found on a Long Island barrier island*that have been attributed to the serial killer. The remains were found during a search for*missing New Jersey*prostitute, Shannan Gilbert, 24, who police believe likely fell prey to the killer.

Continue reading on Examiner.com Long Island serial killer and Shannan Gilbert featured in documentary - National Crime | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-na...an-gilbert-featured-documentary#ixzz1fddwU4cO

I think it could be that last Monday/Wednesday LE got a pre-screening or opportunity to review the new A&E special (to make sure it doesn't reveal information that would interfere with the investigation). And that something the writers/investigators/researchers uncovered in the making of the special was "helpful" to the SCPD detectives.

LE has information the public doesn't, A&E uncovered info LE didn't have before, and with 2 + 2, LE is predicting 4. 4 being SG is buried in Gilgo...

They flew two cameras over the barrier island earlier this year. The first one was probably a visible/infrared camera which is capable of picking up heat signatures as well as high definition pictures. These cameras are very advanced. While commercial cameras are only up to a maximum of 25 megapixels, these advanced reconnaissance cameras can go up to 81 megapixels and probably even higher these days. So the pictures are very clear. Much clearer that you would see on Google Earth or Bing Maps. And you can keep zooming in and zooming in without losing much clarity.

The second camera that they flew was probably a hyperspectral camera. This camera takes a "chemical signature" of the landscape. It works very much the same way that you would analyze chemicals in a liquid sample or a blood sample. It uses the wavelengths of light to determine which chemicals are present. And the decomposition process of a human body puts out a chemical (I am not sure which specific chemical) which this hyperspectral camera can detect and quantify.

And it really doesn't matter if the body is buried. because the chemicals will still be released from the body and migrate through the soil and escape into the air. Certain soil types, such as clay, may impede the release of the vapors. However, on the south shore of Long Island, the soil is primarily a sandy loam and vapors would pass through that relatively easily.

When they searched Captree Island this past June, it was likely because of the hits they received from the second camera. But they probably turned out to be decaying fowl or other animals such as fox, racoons, possum, etc.

Here's a good article on the technology:

http://www.chem.info/News/Feeds/201...-detectives-know-where-the-bodies-are-buried/

Thanks Jones, that is good to know. If I ever need to bury someone I will make sure to dig an 8 foot hole, put the body at the bottom, fill in 4 feet, put a deer at 4' depth and fill hole. FBI defeated. Unless they read this post, darn, make it 12 feet deep, body at bottom, octopus at 8' depth, mako shark at 4'.....
"Look at this johnson, the hyperspectral is saying we got a ...sharktopus"

paging Truth Spider - where are you - at your LAW FIRM?
go to oak beach - c'mon - we need updates....

The search for the remains of 24 year old Shannan Gilbert has resumed along Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.

Searchers, including police officers and K9 units, arrived at the area just before 8:00 this morning, and they began staging in the Oak Beach Inn parking lot.

There are seven teams, thirty-five officers with ten search dogs, participating in the search.

I am sending out thoughts and prayers of comfort and healing to Shannan Gilbert's family today. This must be He!! for them with LE coming forth with info that they feel SG's disappearance is most likely connected to the deaths of the other victims and now searching for their beloved Shannan in the brush. It just breaks my heart.

Locals please keep us updated on the searches. Thank you.

wm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member