NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
paging Truth Spider - where are you - at your LAW FIRM?
go to oak beach - c'mon - we need updates....

The search for the remains of 24 year old Shannan Gilbert has resumed along Ocean Parkway in Gilgo Beach.

Searchers, including police officers and K9 units, arrived at the area just before 8:00 this morning, and they began staging in the Oak Beach Inn parking lot.

There are seven teams, thirty-five officers with ten search dogs, participating in the search.

:wagon:

Gosh where are my manners? Welcome to WS, To Kill A Mockingbird!

wm

OMG...are they showing this anywhere?

paging Truth Spider - where are you - at your LAW FIRM?
go to oak beach - c'mon - we need updates....

I'm not a lawyer, my father is. I'm a computer scientist with a heart and a van.
They are probably staging this event to observe the response of the gully creature.

Truth Spider
get out your periscope man
its ON.....
no matter what....
its ON....
whether Dormer wants to go OUT with a BANG......
or he's competing with A&# tonight

it's ON....
c'mon
c'mon
c'mon

Truth Spider - get out your telescope - periscope - get your
bullet proof - electricity generating - ex - fbi van - over there
and let us know - what is going on?

any helicopters?

@waltzing matilda - thank u - you have good manners
my favorite waltzing matilda is by Tom Waits.
LOVE australia. LOVED diving the great barrier reef.

@minazoe - YES - is it being carried live by any feeds?

let's hope - let's hope - let's hope
little shannan gets found for Mari and Shannan's 3 sisters.
so that something can MOVE on this case.

Just a reminder to everyone to set your DVR and TiVO for the A&E special tonight.

truthspider, Would LE set up such an elaborate search on a ruse? I read awhile back that Suffolk Co. fired Santa because they had to cut the 600.00 fee from the budget.

Perhaps SCPD has money allocated that must be spent before the end of the calender year. IDK.

wm

there will be a press conference between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on the search.
Just in time for the feeds for the 4pm, 5pm and 6pm news.

how freeking competative IS DORMER????????

just HOURS away from the A&E special?

Truth Spider...anything?

things are going FREAKIE DEAKIE!!!!:razz:

there will be a press conference

Truth Spider...anything?

This just in, I'm having chicken soup for lunch... SCPD is serving you sizzle not steak. It's only hype right now, they are trying to make him respond.

If they knew where she was on that island they would have recovered her and not told the media before hand. If they have new info that she is there, somewhere on that long long island, they were probably hoping he would go to the location to remove her or clean up forensics etc. He isn't that dumb. I'm certain they want to capitalize on the national attention in hopes someone not from the NY area will recognize a victim as a loved one etc.

Let's hope they get results.

This just in, I'm having chicken soup for lunch... SCPD is serving you sizzle not steak. It's only hype right now, they are trying to make him respond.

If they knew where she was on that island they would have recovered her and not told the media before hand. If they have new info that she is there they were probably hoping he would go to the location to remove her or clean up forensics etc. I'm certain they want to capitalize on the national attention in hopes someone not from NY will recognize a victim as a loved one etc.

Let's hope they get results.

I'm just glad they're doing SOMETHING and this case is getting attention again. Are you down there?

PS: Inappropriate or not, your sharktopus post made me lol

I just don't understand - the coppers keep saying - that they waited for all the leaves and brush to fall off..the branches - so they could get INTO that area with their machette's and dogs.

but
the serial killer wasn't thwarted by the prickly bushes, or brush or underbrush.
he placed the bodies there.....at the height of.....the season.

a) were they avoiding the SUMMER BEACH SEASON? so as NOT to ....have the beach attendance be lowered?
b) if they really knew where she was -why the drama with the press.

it really is - in competition with tonights A&E special, isnt it?

its not like the finger prints of the LISK will be on the ...body found? or bodies found?

there will be a press conference between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. on the search.
Just in time for the feeds for the 4pm, 5pm and 6pm news.

how freeking competative IS DORMER????????

Truth Spider...anything?

above respectfully BBM

I cannot speak for Chief Dormer but I betcha he would like to solve this case before he retires. This is probably the biggest case of his life. I know I would wish to solve it before retirement. MOO

OT Tom Wait's version of Waltzing Matilda is my favorite also:)

wm

Could somone PLEAAAAASE copy the tonights A&E special and post it here?

And if possible also the Dormer's press conference later today?

I´m in Europe and cant watch it on TV:(

Thanks in advance

Tf

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/serial-killer-clues-sought-in-gilgo-search-1.3366847

Police received new information over the summer but were unable to search the area along the South Shore due to bugs and poison ivy, a Suffolk police spokeswoman said.

Suffolk police Commissioner Richard Dormer last week told Newsday investigators do not believe Gilbert is a victim of that serial killer, who detectives now believe is responsible for at least 10 murders dating to 1996 -- victims whose remains have been found along the narrow, desolate stretch of beach bordering the parkway in Nassau and Suffolk.

However, police said the commissioner received information from the detective division last week indicating there is a "possibility" Gilbert may be dead -- her body dumped along the road in the same area.

Does anyone here have rough statistics that give an idea what percentage of unidentified bodies become identified? I find it odd that no other bodies where identified in the past 9 months.

Makes me think of the human trafficking angle and if the victims were from another country.

Does anyone here have rough statistics that give an idea what percentage of unidentified bodies become identified? I find it odd that no other bodies where identified in the past 9 months.

Makes me think of the human trafficking angle and if the victims were from another country.
Yeah I find this unusual. Especially that they cannot identify the 16 month old baby girl. One would think that concerned family members would report that a 16 month old baby has gone missing and then the cops could use process of elimination to get a name ... with DNA and all sorts of testing I find it unusual that half the bodies are still unidentified, makes me wonder if there is more than meets the eye.

I wonder if they have checked with INTERPOL?

they've been out there since 8am.
its now almost TWO PM
they got NOTHING

they know what they are looking for.
NOTHING has been reported.

nothing!!!!!!
[/COLOR]

they've been out there since 8am.
its now almost TWO PM
they got NOTHING

they know what they are looking for.
NOTHING has been reported.

nothing!!!!!!
[/COLOR]

A lot of times they will wait until the presser to talk about what they found or did not find. I'm still holding on to hope that something will come of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974