NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is something that has never come up regarding the first response to the 911 call;

How did the police officer know to go to JB's house to investigate the incident? And how did he know that her name was SG?

I guess we can assume that she gave her real name to the 911 operator. If that is true then regardless of what we are being told, it is highly likely that she felt a real threat against her life. Otherwise, why go through the trouble of knowing that she risked arrest for being there committing a crime unless it was absolutely necessary for her survival?

MP's statement is that he left Oak Beach at 6am and that he never saw or spoke to a police officer.

It is well documented that SG told the 911 operator that she thought that she was on Fire Island (so she did not give them JB's address).

GC has made it quite clear that you can ask him anything... "just don't ask me to give up my neighbors" as he put it.

So did he go against his own rule and give JB's info?

Prior to that night, did he even know JB's name or where he lived?

I assumed that he did when he said the "asian man" (MP) told him there was a party down at JB's house. But we don't know absolutely that he did know JB prior to that evening.

Once again, this investigation has many secrets and one of them is clearly the story that can be told by that police officer who responded to the initial 911 call. He and all of the 911 calls (especially SG's) hold much of the keys that are crucial to solving this mystery;

• He arrived before MP claims to have left the community. Did he see MP leave?
  • Did he secure the front gate area to prevent any access in or out of the community via motor vehicle?
  • Did he inquire about the videotaped security footage?
  • Did he indeed find her jacket and if so, what did he do with it?
  • What exact areas did he search?
  • Was his search by foot or did he just do a quick "drive-bye" through the neiighborhood?
  • Was JB waiting for him to arrive at his doorstep?
  • What other neighbors gathered once they were aware that a police search was taking place?
  • What did the other 911 callers hear/see?
  • Where exactly were these so-called "foot steps in the sand" and what direction were they headed?
  • When she was last seen running (by the son & his mom who claim that one minute she was there and one minute she was gone leaving just footprints in the sand), was she barefoot? Was she carrying a pocketbook/purse? Were her jeans on or off?
  • Same question for GC- Purse or no purse? Shoes or no shoes? Jeans or no jeans?
  • Who is the person Sg named on the 911 call who she claims was trying to kill her? Is it MP?

Did he indeed

They could find out her name from her cell phone number. Even if the phone wasn't in her name they could contact the person whose account it was and find out from them.

As for JB, when did he talk to them? If it was that morning he could have come outside when the police arrived since he knew she had called. Or maybe Michael Pak gave the police his name.

Hey everybody, I haven't been on here in a long while. Alarm bells went off in my head today, when I was reading an article on Newsday.com regarding tomorrow's vigil at Gilgo. Melissa Cann (sis of MBB) and Lorraine Ela (mom of MW) said they hadn't been able to reach Kimberly Overstreet lately. I remember Kimberly said in the A & E special that she had been posting ads on Craigslist trying to lure the SK....

That REALLY struck me too but I thought maybe I was reading too much into it. I was very concerned about her after seeing the A&E special.

yeah...they are searching...hope Truthie is down there and will post 2 nite.

yeah...they are searching...hope Truthie is down there and will post 2 nite.

H8 Minazoe, I think this is a remarkable study of the case we have going on here at WS. We are so fortunate to have our local posters who are so up on what folks are saying and then look at Slug's mapping that must have LE scratching their heads !!! Neato. I almost feel like we are getting a true glimpse of this investigation like looking down on top of it. I just wish we had more details from LE.

I missed the info about Kimberly in the A & E special and I hope she is OK - maybe on vacation?

Hey everybody, I haven't been on here in a long while. Alarm bells went off in my head today, when I was reading an article on Newsday.com regarding tomorrow's vigil at Gilgo. Melissa Cann (sis of MBB) and Lorraine Ela (mom of MW) said they hadn't been able to reach Kimberly Overstreet lately. I remember Kimberly said in the A & E special that she had been posting ads on Craigslist trying to lure the SK....

KO has been very outspoken wrt prostitution/drugs and her hopes to trap the SK. It seems odd that she hasn't responded to the other family members for the vigil as they all sounded like they were tight knit in the news articles I've read.

Hopefully, this has been reported to LE and a wellness visit occured. I am not holding my breath tho.

I hope she is ok:/

wm

@Seaslug, I have made screen caps ...one low zoom and one high zoom. A close look from the original map on blockshopper shows it to be a google map from 2010...don't know what month though.

Attachments

• LISK Marsh even less zoom.jpg
    LISK Marsh even less zoom.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 42
  • LISK Marsh high zoom.jpg
    LISK Marsh high zoom.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 44
H8 Minazoe, I think this is a remarkable study of the case we have going on here at WS. We are so fortunate to have our local posters who are so up on what folks are saying and then look at Slug's mapping that must have LE scratching their heads !!! Neato. I almost feel like we are getting a true glimpse of this investigation like looking down on top of it. I just wish we had more details from LE.

I missed the info about Kimberly in the A & E special and I hope she is OK - maybe on vacation?

I just hope in some way one of us has given someone some new ideas and that it's maybe helpful in some way...like when Gregory House on House has everyone throw out ideas to help him think.

Contrary to some folks views, I bet LE don't think of us as a joke, but rather a tool and a place to maybe look for suspicious lurkers...

yes, KO better be on vacation ...or just stepping away for a breather :candle:

Visit my High-def photo thread for many more photos.

MysteryItemviewedfromEastzoom2.png

MysteryitemviewedfromNorth.png

MysteryItemviewedfromWestzoom3.png

MysteryItemLocation.png

MysteryItemviewedfromEast.png

MysteryItemviewedfromEastzoom1.png

Wow, that is scary...I thought it looked suspicious but I never thought it was a tombstone.

How on Earth do I report rhis tip so that is acted upon while they are searching?

weird seaslug, super weird...who would bury even a pet there...?

just an older article I read tonight...didn't recall reading this one before but it offers some good info

http://jjfieldnotes.blogspot.com/2011/07/sunday-with-gus.html

From the sounds of that article MP either gave up looking for SG almost immediately while GC was giving his wife the low-down or he got out another way which would look really suspicious.

The more I think about the burlap the more I think the SK might have used it to keep the bodies free of carpet fibers.

I'm also starting to think he might use a nice car to pick up his victims. Something that would project the image of being a driver for someone important like an actor or even saying he is a local politician and can't take the risk of them using their camera phone. The part about Amber C. leaving in just jeans and a sweatshirt align well with this idea. He could say that he has an entire wardrobe that they could choose from.

From the sounds of that article MP either gave up looking for SG almost immediately while GC was giving his wife the low-down or he got out another way which would look really suspicious.

The more I think about the burlap the more I think the SK might have used it to keep the bodies free of carpet fibers.

I'm also starting to think he might use a nice car to pick up his victims. Something that would project the image of being a driver for someone important like an actor or even saying he is a local politician and can't take the risk of them using their camera phone. The part about Amber C. leaving in just jeans and a sweatshirt align well with this idea. He could say that he has an entire wardrobe that they could choose from.

Yes I think so too, also fibers fro the burlap left in the trunk are easy to see so you could vacuum really well...also make it very difficult to ascertain which fibers are burlap fibers and which are from carpet...

leather pants would also protect from prickly plants and poison ivy.

burlap makes sense in a variety of ways...totally.

Shannen Gilbert, patron saint of lost and missing sex workers. She is surely an angel beyond
all expectation. In her short life her beautiful vibration lights the way.

this should really piss off our killer, who would like us to regard her as nothing, whether she died at his hands or not.

even if she was lost in the darkness...she is a brave heart and we all know it.

How on Earth do I report rhis tip so that is acted upon while they are searching?

Call directly to the Suffolk County Police and ask to speak with one of the specific detectives. Tell them up front that you have pin-pointed some very odd items from aerial photos of the area they are currently searching.

How would one find a police blotter or reports year by year?
I was trying tonight I did find a few reports from a paper but, I was more interested in the real reports taken.
This is one interesting article that stands out to me. For one the man was caught in the early am hours (4:30am) impersonating a police officer in his Mercedes. He lives in Selden, NY 30 minutes or so away from Oak Beach.
SELDEN, NY—
Flashing lights in the mirror are enough to make any motorist's heart sink.

But when the it turns out the approaching officer is a fake, up to no good, that can be downright scary.

Impersonating a Drug Enforcement Agent Victor Alfaro-Marquez made the mistake of pulling over an off duty Suffolk County Police Detective on Nicholls road near the LIE in Holtsville.

"The encounter was real quick as soon as he saw that he pulled over a cop he made an excuse said I'm DEA and he just left." said Detective Lieutenant Matt Sullivan.

The detective knew something was up, and took down Alfaro Marquez's plate number as he drove off and later arrested him at his Selden home.

Seized were 2 phony badges, handcuffs, a pellet gun that looks like the real thing, other realistic knock off gear, even phony DEA business cards.

Police also impounded Alfaro-Marquez's 1999 Mercedes Benz SUV... the one he used to pull over the detective after his shift at 4:30 in the morning.

The vehicle is outfitted with siren, flashing lights on the dash, and in the headlight, and brake lights.

Alfaro Marquez claimed his intentions were good, and he wanted to help law enforcement.

He told detectives that this was his first time, so he was either incredibly unlucky or he wasn't telling the truth, police believe there may be more victims."

"he could have been pulling over female motorists with even worse motives." said Sullivan

If you were pulled over by Alfaro Marquez in his black SUV... for any reason... your urged to call suffolk county CRIMESTOPPERS at 1 800 220 TIPS

Anyone stopped by an unmarked vehicle and is uncertain if it is legit, can call 911 and request a police officer in a marked car assist.

Copyright © 2011, WPIX-TV, New York
edit to add the bold text

woah dude...are you serious???? that is very interesting.

How would one find a police blotter or reports year by year?
I was trying tonight I did find a few reports from a paper but, I was more interested in the real reports taken.
This is one interesting article that stands out to me. For one the man was caught in the early am hours (4:30am) impersonating a police officer in his Mercedes. He lives in Selden, NY 30 minutes or so away from Oak Beach.

edit to add the bold text
There are so many creeps out there. Too bad we don't have enough detectives to follow up on each and every one of them. This SK has likely already had some similar brush with the law. It will probably end up being someone similar to Ridgeway or Rader. We have probably already posted some news story about some other crime and he/she has been sweating bullets over the fact that someone brought attention to their name or their crime, again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734