NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She was off her bi-polar meds and high on at least one illegal drug. It's entirely plausible and quite likely that her death was entirely accidental.

Im happy she was found. I am glad her family can finally have closure and bury their loved one.

Do we know any of that for sure? I had heard she would often stop taking her meds but not that she was definitely off them at that time. What illegal drug was she on that night?

Okay, if Shannon is a victim of the sk why didnt he dump her on Gilgo Beach with the others? He wasnt on the radar at all at that time and it wasnt until five months laterthat he came into focus. What is important is the determination of how long those items had been in the marsh. Maybe sk recently put them there.

Maybe someone else can recall the reasoning, but it was believed that possibly the SK was holding them somewhere.

According to the AC girls, decomposition did not match the length of time some of them had been deceased.

Do we know any of that for sure? I had heard she would often stop taking her meds but not that she was definitely off them at that time. What illegal drug was she on that night?

I wondered the same. I don't recall reading about this anywhere.

If SG was a victim of our SK, she would have been more of a liability to him than the other girls, because she drew so much attention to herself that night and there were so many more witnesses. So i definitely believe he would've stored the body for longer in her case...then when he confirms that there is no real evidence to tie him to her (or he decides that there is not enough attention on his "conquests" anymore), he dumps her and plants a tip...

we also don't know how long he stored the other girls until he dumped them...

But then wouldn't it have made more sense to dump her body far away from there? If he knew police were going to come out searching the area why dump her right down the road from the other bodies?

I could be wrong but I believe she did cocaine that night.

One thing I am curious of is if her body was concealed in any way. Was she covered? Was she naked?

This should have been searched first and for most top to bottome for Shannan. But, then again we would not know there was a serial killer either then. I mentioned the other day I asked about this marsh which I called a field back in june, It was after riding Ocean Pkwy I believe and getting the feeling that if I fled on foot the bridge would be lit and logical.

According to Dormer and the detective that corected him in the background. Her stuff was a bout a half a mile in. Pants, Pocket book etc founf eralier.Then a 1/4 mile away she is found. 3/4 miles in??? I can't wrap my head around all that for some reason?

Who has two thumbs and doesn't buy a drowning at all?
This Guy!
Someone running towards a marshy area and throwing her belongings, tells me she was scared running away from someone. That someone could have just attempted to murder her, maybe following her holding a gun, knife or another weapon. That is the only logical explanation I can think of for her going into the marsh....she was running for her life. :( (just my humble opinion)

I know that I read that she stopped taking her medication as a teenager because it gave her the shakes. The way I read it I took it to mean that she stopped and never started again. Of course I may have misinterpreted the statement

I believe Dormer said (to the effect) that LE discounted it in the initial search because officers believed there was no way she could have made it into that area ???

Supposedly the remains were on the surface ... if cadaver dogs were in that area, IMO they should have found them.

If I knew that that there was swamp with 15 ft deep channels and 2 ft of mud on the bottom I would searched that area first. Her disappearance just didn't make sense. I could tell it was marshy from the satellite photos but I had know idea it was that bad. This of course at least led the LE to a serial killer, which might be more comforting to SG's mom in the end.

Lets hope they didn't use bomb dogs for that run. Ever read "Where the red fern grows"? Every time the racoon crossed the creek the dogs on it's tail lost the scent. If their is as much water as it looks like there was much matter to retain the scent. Still though, you would think they would have picked up something off her initial path towards the marsh.

Sad thing is that I suspect the police might give up easily on cases like this. Ridgeway's DNA showed up on a victim 20 years before he was caught.
Denis Rader had two restraint orders against him for stalking women. I honestly think the police are more interested in making drug busts so they can seize property. Hopefully i'm wrong.

tvshot.jpg

a tv screen shot of the site

I know that I read that she stopped taking her medication as a teenager because it gave her the shakes. The way I read it I took it to mean that she stopped and never started again. Of course I may have misinterpreted the statement

someone with a psychiatric expertise can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it would be hard for her to function on a day to day basis if she had been off her meds since she was a teen. there would have been many more out of character outbursts...

I dont know but these are screen shots of 100 yards in from my understanding.
Do not view this as this is the spot I am taking an education guess based off of going towards the road from other digs.
I am sure there will be other shots more accurate soon but, you never know.
I have to leave till tonight and cannot wait to see what you guys find.
thank you
Google Map is here

whoknowsfaraway.jpg

The helicopter video footage showed her body much further east at the other end of the wetlands (close to the exit rampr for Fire Island). I am on my smartphone right now so unable to upload any images.

I dont know but these are screen shots of 100 yards in from my understanding.
Do not view this as this is the spot I am taking an education guess based off of going towards the road from other digs.
I am sure there will be other shots more accurate soon but, you never know.
I have to leave till tonight and cannot wait to see what you guys find.
thank you
Google Map is here

whoknowsfaraway.jpg

whoknows.jpg

IMO, it seems more likely that being so close to Ocean Parkway, that Shannan was dumped off the side of the road there by the killer.

But then wouldn't it have made more sense to dump her body far away from there? If he knew police were going to come out searching the area why dump her right down the road from the other bodies?

Maybe part of the game, dc ... wouldn't be any fun at all for dude to NOT have the body found.

Here are some photos from the press.

Way back in the far distance is Anchor Way.

She ran that far?

Really????
image.JPG

Two people looking at her remains.
image.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sure looks like an existing trail from Ocean Parkway leading to her resting place and not one that was just made this week.
image.JPG

That's a lot of work to drag the body that far through the brambles while worrying about others passing by. Then you have to throw her belongings a football field away. IDK.

someone with a psychiatric expertise can correct me if i'm wrong, but i think it would be hard for her to function on a day to day basis if she had been off her meds since she was a teen. there would have been many more out of character outbursts...

If no one was actually after Shannan that night, then her behavior could be characterized as psychotic, which can be a feature of bipolar disorder. But, like you said, if she had been off meds since she was a teenager and she was still able to function then she must have had a fairly mild case of biploar d/o. Question is, did she really just happen to have a psychotic break of some sort that night or was someone actually trying to hurt her (I strongly believe the latter is the case).

Running almost 2 miles high on coke, possibly some alcohol as well
and 1 mile just about threw marsh, reeds,water and bramble..
You'd have crash at some point, adrenaline would only take you so far
Hypothermia would set in faster if alcohol was in her system..

I believe GC said she almost fell over in his house before leaving

.2 cents worth

Here are some photos from the press.

Way back in the far distance is Anchor Way.

She ran that far?

Really????
image.JPG

Two people looking at her remains.
image.JPG

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that sure looks like an existing trail from Ocean Parkway leading to her resting place and not one that was just made this week.
image.JPG

Sorry to quote myself but everyone please look at the photos again and look what you see in the middle of Ocean Parkway between the East and West lanes.... LARGE PINE TREE VEGETATION.... AGAIN.

Folks, there is part of our LISK's M.O.- all of his Suffolk County dump sites have been at specific stretches of Ocean Parkway where there are large trees & heavy pine vegetation making it virtually impossible for a car that is approaching from the other direction to see the other side of Ocean Parkway. This short stretch of parkway where her body was found was the last stretch of Ocean Parkway in Suffolk county where a body was not found (until today).

There are already reports (unconfirmed of course) that the officers on the scene DID NOT find a metal plate on the jaw of the skeletal remains (of course the plate could be overgrown with scar tissue or for all we know, it may not actually exist). For what it's worth, until the reports are released confirming that this find is Shannan and that she was not murdered, I think we need to keep an open mind and accept that it might even be possible that this find may not even be Shannan. Either way, no matter what the reports finally say my logic and gut instinct tell me that there is absolutely no way that the death of the person found today was accidental. Just does not fit and Shannan or not, I will not buy that story (and either should anyone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Divalious1974