NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would think it is entirely possible that Shannan accidentally drowned that night based on the conditions of the terrain. However, it still doesn't explain the odd behavior of CPH afterwards (the phone calls), the 10 bodies that were found nearby (5 of which we know were girls in the same age range and occupation as Shannan), and Shannan's alleged freak-out (she seriously thought her life was in danger).

If none of those other elements existed and Shannan just got upset and ran off that night, I would completely buy the theory that she drowned in the marshes. But all of those other elements exist and I just can't subscribe to the accident theory at this point.

Is it possible that Shannan Gilbert may have drowned in waist deep water? Maybe in her distress she panicked and stumbled and fell into the water and therefore drowned.

http://www.abogados-en.info/

Tuesday's discovery renewed anxiety for Gilbert's family, who said police have not alerted them of their finds.

"This is all news to me," Gilbert's sister, Sherre Gilbert of upstate Ellenville, said in a telephone interview Tuesday night. "This can't be happening right now. I don't understand why it took the cops a year."

Suffolk police declined to comment on what was found.

http://www.newsday.com/news/breaking/search-resumes-for-shannan-gilbert-1.3372379

hey Sherre - WE DONT UNDERSTAND WHY IT TOOK A YEAR FOR THE COPS TO DIG THIS AREA EITHER!!!!!!! TOTALLY!!!!!

@svpernin
i agree with you - under reasonable circumstances - anyone could slip and drown -

but this woman was 5 feet 8 - and fighting for her life.
she was running for her LIFE.

she did not drown in water that is deep enough to go to your ankle.

may i please respectfully disagree with you.

if she is found there - mari gilbert has stated on the news
the only reason she will be found there - is because the killer put her there.

that is coming from the mom herself!!!!!

Shannan was RUNNING for her life.
what did she slip and hit her head on - ???? a reed?
Mud? she didnt sink in quick sand.

she did not drown in a teaspoon of water.

something that I want to note on with MP.

he said on the A E special that she was coherent and not tripping out and hallucinating.

what purpose would it serve him to say this?

It looks bad, and maybe she really just didn't want to leave with him...maybe she didn't have her money etc...

but I would think if he was suspect he would say things that would serve him well...and a sober Shannen does not help him.

okay...we all know the cops got a tip.

this is no accident if someone tipped the cops on her body.

She could have been seen entering the marsh by someone who didn't want to admit being present. Or someone who was chasing her.

Another thought - how cold is the water when she disappeared - hypothermia? Maybe she fell and got wet while hiding in the marshes. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hypothermia"]Hypothermia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

A fall into deep mud can certainly kill you.

I want to remind everyone that the AC 4 were all found face down in a puddle of water.

@svpernin
i agree with you - under reasonable circumstances - anyone could slip and drown -

No offense, but the mother wasn't there. How would she know what happened?

and like someone posted earlier the water was waist high, not a "teaspoon of water".

@svpernin

how do you know it was a teaspoon of water though? from what i've read, the area was prone to flooding at times so Shannan could have drowned in waist deep water for all we know. And how would her mother have known what actually happened to her daughter when they haven't even found and autopsied her body yet? i think it's possible that Shannan was a homicide victim but i think it could also be the other way around. we can't know for sure until they find her body, so hopefully they do find her asap. If a person who was high or experiencing mental confusion stumbled unto waist deep water, i think it's very possible that he/she can drown quite easily. i'm not saying that's what happened in her case, but i'm just throwing out a diff. scenario here.

what happened to the disheveled and agitated SG on the beach in morning light? or was it sick and depressed looking?

doubt she stumbled and drowned inside a swamp in daylight.

what happened to the disheveled and agitated SG on the beach in morning light? or was it sick and depressed looking?

doubt she stumbled and drowned inside a swamp in daylight.

was it daylight though? I don't know how accurate the info is but according to this news outlet:

Gilbert took off on foot down The Fairway, about an hour before dawn, according to neighbors’ accounts. In the dark of the night, she was running toward the gate.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/06/jersey_city_prostitute_still_m.html

didn't one of the Oak Beach Residents say he saw her?

I did a lot of fishing growing up and some wetlands get 8-10" of mud at the bottom.
It is extremely difficult for a grown man to pull themselves out of let alone a girl panicking in the dark.

Also, they don't exactly go through detention basins and make sure its free of rocks to look pretty. I wouldn't rule out the existence of rocks. I also wouldn't rule out the possibility that she thought it was dry and found out it's marshland.

March and April get a lot of rain. The chances that its full of water is high.

As for police pinpointing that area, is it possible it was just through logical deduction based on where she was last scene and where she could have ended up?

A lot of people feel dead certain SG is related to the SK because of her last location, occupation and age. I think prostitution is far more prevalent than people realize which could answer the occupation and location phenomena. Costello's roommate in the interview walked through the neighborhood and was like "It happens everywhere all the time"

I am also willing to be the popular age for this occupation is 20-30.

Drugs can effect your vision too. Even if there is some morning light, she might not be picking up all the details in darker zones.

If we are to assume that SG ran into the marsh and accidentally fell into the water and drowned, we would then have to assume she was still clutching her wallet/purse after having somehow becoming separated from her jacket on Anchor Way ??

Umm, dont think drugs mess up your vision unless.
Magic mushrooms and Acid aka lsd
Both would make a bi polar person paranoid and have problems with vision or seeing thing in true form..

Speed and crack would make a person paranoid and possibly see things that werent there.. Being on speed or crack would give a person more energy and strength then acid or shrooms...

I think ""they"" < the party goers) were not doing shrooms or acid...
They would be doing speed or crack , beleive they said coke somewhere here,
But i highly doubt pure coke (doing lines) would make a person that paranoid and think peeps are trying to killer them..

The above being said, seeing how she was running away and excerting high engery it is very possible she was trying to hide, when she got lodged in the mud,water and caught hypotherma and passed there..
Although her body would most likely be above the ground and visiable..

Also i beleive there was some mentioned that the morning she went missing there was a few peeps in the area they heard screams, this could have been her trying to get help due to being stuck and starting the process of hypotherma. Which depending on temps in water and air would take various length of time. I had a brother die of hypotherma and they believe it took roughly 30mins to an hour and that was mid decemeber

So that being said if she is under ground she would totally have to be buried by someone and not died by her own accord /actions..

If we are to assume that SG ran into the marsh and accidentally fell into the water and drowned, we would then have to assume she was still clutching her wallet/purse after having somehow becoming separated from her jacket on Anchor Way ??

They found her Jacket? That's a good point if they find out it's her purse. Plus, I would think someone would notice a body eventually if it all unfolded by accident, unless the mud was too thick and held her down.

wetlandmarsh areas can have a varying depths.

If it is an enclosed wetland (freshwater), it would not vary as much. It would still rise and fall with the precipitation of the area. Most areas are engineered to drain into wetland areas for retention purposes. If there was a large rainfall days before, it could get a couple of feet deep, then drain back to ankle deep.

If it is a tidal marsh, even if the outflow is piped. It could rise and fall multiple feet. The tidal range where I am at is 5'. If there is water at low tide, then there would be 5' of water at high tide. Astrological features like a new or full moon could also increase depth an additional 1'.

Does anyone know what type of marsh they are looking in and what is the tide now verse the time she went missing if relevent?

well, I say if she is nude and strangled, or both, then we will know.
they will know somethings right away.

also if they found her purse and no wallet..that would point to Pak.

is there money anywhere?

also if they found her purse and no wallet..that would point to Pak.

is there money anywhere?

Interesting ... IIRC, Coletti only mentioned Shannan having her jacket, no mention of a purse or wallet. If she didn't have it with her at Colletti's, then it should have been found at JB's or somewhere between his house and Colletti's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satchel7