NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching in the Bird Sanctuary.
Quote:
The FBI plans to fly over a densely wooded Long Island bird sanctuary to take a closer look at unusual objects spotted there in the hunt for victims of a serial killer.

"There are a significant amount of objects," Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano said at a Thursday morning news conference at Jones Beach. "It's unknown what they are. What they are not, is natural."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...#ixzz1JVD36kQf

Heebie Jeebies:

It could just be junk that washed up in bad winter storms. Are they looking on the bay side or the ocean side?

Did waves wash over the parkway during the humogous nor'easter in January?

Morning WM and thanks, the driver has said this.

"He said drove around the gated community and outside the complex -- texting and calling her furiously on his cell phone -- before leaving the area 6 a.m. and believing that Gilbert would somehow make her way back to Jersey City."

Hrmmph, I'm stumped. Something has me curious from looking at maps and what Gus has said, he thought she slipped off a dock. I'm curious which direction she ran. Looking at maps, I see docks to the south and she would not have left the gated community to head that direction. See attached map.

View attachment 14618

Here you go! Shannan went toward the jetty.

A new article. I'm going through it now, and will post any new information I might come across.

...[Coletti] He saw her hiding under a nearby boat and then running into the brush and toward a jetty. Coletti says a man in an SUV told him, “You shouldn’t have done that, she’s gonna get in a lot of trouble,” and drove away.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/14/long-island-serial-killer-beach-bodies/3/

Wow, Now gus says she hide UNDER the boat and he thinks she could have fell into the ocean and drowned.

Also he left the area and went to the gate to let the Police into the Oakbeack.

Where's "that way"? He points in a direction a few xs but it's of no use cos it's not shown to us..On his walk to the gate/entrance to wait for LE we know he didn't see either one of them again..Is it possible the SVU made it out before he got there? Do we know for sure Shannon was in it? Supposedly, her last words to 911 implies that but then the phone goes dead..What if she somehow got away? I can def see that happening..She then starts running into backyards & goes off a dock or "jetty" into the water..Just like he said..It's a long shot but I can't rule out the neighbor's theory..Especially since she hasn't been found yet even tho I believe the SK wouldn't dump her with the other bodies=pointing right back to the community..I think they do need to check those "islands" he talks about if they haven't already..If she got swept out into the Atlantic with the tide (do we know what it was that night?) then there's just a 50/50 chance she'll be found someday.

No matter what really happened to Shannon we may never know. :(

This case is about Shannan. ... Shannan is the reason we are all here trying to find out how her sisters that are dead there died.

Gus gave me bad vibes...I guess he reminded me of things I read about Albert Fish...that he looked like a stooped little old man...but in actuallity is was very spry and extremely strong.

I"m so creeped out...this all has the flavor of a horror movie...where unsuspecting kids wander into a town...where everyone is in cahoots to murder and torture all strangers!

Sorry, Carbuff. I didn't know there was a thread for SG. I'll post over there from now on, but honestly, it is hard to keep the 2 separated.

Well, my personal opinion is that since there is at this point no evidence to connect the missing Shannan to any murder, let alone the LI serial killer, that anything about what she was doing that night, where she went, and how the area is laid out should be in her thread.

For one thing, somebody who comes in wanting information about her isn't necessarily going to think to look here.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122841&highlight=shannon+gilbert

It could just be junk that washed up in bad winter storms. Are they looking on the bay side or the ocean side?

Did waves wash over the parkway during the humogous nor'easter in January?

The bird sanctuary is bayside...a ways in from Oceanside Rd. Very remote. There is a large pond in the santuary called Gugenheim Pond. The sanctuary does allow visitors, but they must file for a permit to enter. I'm looking now to see where the entrance to the sanctuary is. Can't seem to find it. I do know that you can get to Hemlock Cove (where divers searched yesterday) from inside the sanctuary.

ETA: I'm going to correct myself here. I thought I read that you could get to Hemlock Cove from the sanctuary, but I now think I'm confusing Zach's Bay with Hemlock Cove. So, yes, you can get to Zach's Bay from the sanctuary, but looking at a map, I don't see how you could possibly get to Hemlock Cove from there. Sorry for the confusion.

I have 34 UNSOLVED?! :eek:

That creeps me out. It looks like it is missing data for the last 10 years too. That is REALLY unexpected, my county is the "rich hoity-toity" county of the Chicago area. The majority of the towns are like the one that this LI SK put into the spotlight.

Meanwhile the county next door had 2 unsolved. Bizarre. Again, looked like it was missing last 10 years so they had the same data.

The data is is only as current as 2008. You will not find any records reflecting 2009, 2010 or 2011. Also keep in mind the data represents Solved (body found) and Unsolved (body found) cases. It does not include the missing. Although I cannot be 100 percent sure, absolutely all records have been accounted for. I know the DB owner had a bear of a time requesting and receiving ALL records from every police municipality. Some just outright refused or others may not have provided the totality of their records. I think the LAPD was one of the tough ones in receiving records from.

Morning WM and thanks, the driver has said this.

"He said drove around the gated community and outside the complex -- texting and calling her furiously on his cell phone -- before leaving the area 6 a.m. and believing that Gilbert would somehow make her way back to Jersey City."

Hrmmph, I'm stumped. Something has me curious from looking at maps and what Gus has said, he thought she slipped off a dock. I'm curious which direction she ran. Looking at maps, I see docks to the south and she would not have left the gated community to head that direction. See attached map.

View attachment 14618

The driver supposedly is in & around the gated community for hrs yet he doesn't bump into LE? That's really hard to believe! I'm sure the neighbor gave the description of his vehicle too.

I didn't look at the map but from what I've seen before the back of the 'john's' house does lead to a dock/water & many other houses close to his do too..It is a bit away from the houses but not far enough away that Shannon couldn't have reached this spot.

Could these murders be tied to the 2006 murders of four women in Atlantic City? Or even dismembered remains previously found in the Manorville Pine Barrens and Hempstead Lake State Park years ago? Could the disappearance of 24-year-old Shannan Gilbert—the New Jersey woman for whom police were searching when they found these other bodies—be just a coincidence?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/14/long-island-serial-killer-beach-bodies/

Here is the thing with me. This SK is surrounded by water, why not dump the bodies in water or if they live there use a boat, why bury them?

My gut still keeps telling me that the reason this SK is killing is not only for the whatever pleasure he gets from it but he really likes the cat and mouse game with police more!

I wonder since so much has been written about serial killers, and with the TV show Dexter, would this SK who is wiser, more educated, socially accepted in his community, actually have a MO that copies other SK's MO? I mean I wouldn't be surprised to learn that some victims died of strangulation, dismemberment, sexually mutilated to name a few.

I see this guy as been doing this for years. Someone else mentioned that their gut told them it was an older man. I tend to agree, that this SK is at least in his early 40's of not late 40's.

That data base is all and good, If I knew how to search multiple states at once for a particular MO and of course we do not know this SK MO yet at all.

I wouldn't be surprised that he lives along, and how he is able to stay connected and enjoy his cat and mouse game is via blogs, media outlets but he knows to keep his distance knowing the police will know he is eager to learn more. Yeah this killer is very sophisticated

bbm

Of course it's possible he's not surrounded by water at the point of the murder. He could be coming from the populated areas inland, or driving out from Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, even New Jersey.

I agree with your characterization of the killer, too.

Here you go! Shannan went toward the jetty.

A new article. I'm going through it now, and will post any new information I might come across.

...[Coletti] He saw her hiding under a nearby boat and then running into the brush and toward a jetty. Coletti says a man in an SUV told him, “You shouldn’t have done that, she’s gonna get in a lot of trouble,” and drove away.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/14/long-island-serial-killer-beach-bodies/3/

Hi I think you may be right and have a logical timeline of events....can you help with the mapping a bit? Did SG head toward the jetty that is on the Oak Beach side, meaning the beach that is in the gated community. Or did she run through the brush toward the water that is on the other side of Ocean Parkway? I'm trying to understand her route from JBs' to where PH saw her to where GC saw her and then the direction she ran toward.

Thanks

Wait...it just occurred to me that perhaps 4427 Oak Beach Rd. is owned by the Oak Beach Civic Association. I don't have the first clue how to do a property search, but I'll give it a shot. If anyone else checks into this and discovers something, let me know.

One site I used and was helpful was googling 'oak beach ny and blockshopper' it will take you to a site that lists all of the properties and who owns them and the property taxes, year purchased etc..' I found it interesting that the Civic Association is listed as owners on many of the houses. Whether or not they d own the homes or just maintain unoccupied homes is up in the air.

This case is about Shannan. ... Shannan is the reason we are all here trying to find out how her sisters that are dead there died.

Gus gave me bad vibes...I guess he reminded me of things I read about Albert Fish...that he looked like a stooped little old man...but in actuallity is was very spry and extremely strong.

I"m so creeped out...this all has the flavor of a horror movie...where unsuspecting kids wander into a town...where everyone is in cahoots to murder and torture all strangers!

Shannan might be the reason these bodies were found, but we don't know that she's connected to them and we don't even know that she's dead. She deserves to have her own thread where her issues can be talked about.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=122841&highlight=shannon+gilbert

But the other people who were found deserve to have their own place, too.

Could these murders be tied to the 2006 murders of four women in Atlantic City? Or even dismembered remains previously found in the Manorville Pine Barrens and Hempstead Lake State Park years ago? Could the disappearance of 24-year-old Shannan Gilbert—the New Jersey woman for whom police were searching when they found these other bodies—be just a coincidence?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/14/long-island-serial-killer-beach-bodies/

I have considered the possibility that the killer may have aged and is not as physically agile as he was several years ago. Hence, he chooses victims of smaller stature these days. (There are painful and debilitating autoimmune diseases like RA which is crippling and destroys the joints as time goes by)

May God bless Shannan Gilbert's soul!!!! Whatever her state when she was last seen, SHE is the reason these other victims have been found. She was brave to dial 911. Shannan, wherever you are....Way to Go Girl!!!

Moo

wm

Shannan might be the reason these bodies were found, but we don't know that she's connected to them and we don't even know that she's dead. She deserves to have her own thread where her issues can be talked about.

But the other people who were found deserve to have their own place, too.

ok, sure...I think for me I want to talk about Shannan as she relates to this story, now...I understand that we don't know that she is in fact a part of this story...but she is, in that her plight led us to this graveyard.

I think part of the thing is, there doesn't appear to be any evidence linking any of these other girls to this area or the housing development...just the one that was in LI before she died in AC ...is that right?

when they say items that might connect AC and LI...I wonder if it's a type of ligature knot.....weren't two bodies found with a ligature?

“They found a huge bone washed up on the beach a year ago over here. You never heard another thing about that…,” says one woman wearing sweats and sunglasses. “Someone found a head in a bag a few years ago, I have a friend who’s a cop…,” another man adds before continuing on his walk." :eek:

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/04/14/long-island-serial-killer-beach-bodies/2/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo