NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah...I mean obviously that is somewhat slick .. for sure... but he's not gonna think he's so slick once they get him in cuffs....or , hmmm no...he will still feel pretty slick...he's a sociopath...a narcissist...now that I think of it...

people in a certain profession often have to make phone calls to families in times of crisis...

like who?

cops
priests
doctors

you know, to inform, and to comfort.

If I've learned anything from all the crime I've followed is that if ever a victim, I'll fight to my death. I won't freeze!

Hi Lera,
That's for sure! And, don't get in the car - no matter what -"You'll have to kill me here" type thing!

Yikes gone for a day and seems like I've missed alot. Posts today have been interesting to say the least.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear opinions about "someone" calling the mother at work and pretending to be LE. Aside from the potential obvious reasons of obtaining info from her, what, if anything, could be the motives behind this. If this is in fact the SK calling her, is he beginning to feel some heat? Getting nervous? Or just another way to contact a family member and be a part of their lives, similar to the other phone calls? And how did this person get her work number, possibly using another burner phone to make the calls?

I've wondered the same thing, NJGuy. If the call had come to the house, then I would have thought, okay...got it through a simple search, maybe the girls cell phone. But the mom's work number? Unless she owns her own business, I would think obtaining that information would be no simple task. Surely no reporter would print that info. :waitasec:

As for why he called, I think he called to flesh the mom out, see what she knows and what she's told LE. I think since SG went missing close to his home (whichever home that may be), he's been nervous.

JMO

ETA: Or, the call could have come from someone in LE working the case, and the Mom just freaked out. I mean, that IS possible.

. . .or if this SK has a medical background and worked at a hospital which is now boarded up, that could be a perfect place for him to do his SK work don't you think?

The only thing I wonder about is the lay of that facility. Would a car be noticed going in or out or parked there? Maybe our locals would know about this. Has there been any talk of LE poking around there?

Hi Scandi,

Everytime I read that I get the shivers...you might be onto something. At first I thought (still do actually) that JB was a good suspect because he has many rental properties in the area and he could do his "work" there...I couldn't figure out where some other unsub could do his "work." It's such a creepy idea because it is a possibility for sure (the hospital - ugh)...Hope we find out more from the locals!

If I've learned anything from all the crime I've followed is that if ever a victim, I'll fight to my death. I won't freeze!

Please do, get all of the DNA, fibers, anything at all, you can all over your body. Not just fingernails and teeth. Kick, punch, rub, anything.

I've wondered the same thing, NJGuy. If the call had come to the house, then I would have thought, okay...got it through a simple search, maybe the girls cell phone. But the mom's work number? Unless she owns her own business, I would think obtaining that information would be no simple task. Surely no reporter would print that info. :waitasec:

As for why he called, I think he called to flesh the mom out, see what she knows and what she's told LE. I think since SG went missing close to his home (whichever home that may be), he's been nervous.

JMO

ETA: Or, the call could have come from someone in LE working the case, and the Mom just freaked out. I mean, that IS possible.

I agree with everything you wrote as well. I also thought perhaps when he had her cellphone he could've wrote down all possible numbers he may need in the future. That would require alot of foresight though. As nearly every development in this case, certainly adds a new twist. Of course as you said it could very well be LE, but who knows

. . .or if this SK has a medical background and worked at a hospital which is now boarded up, that could be a perfect place for him to do his SK work don't you think?

The only thing I wonder about is the lay of that facility. Would a car be noticed going in or out or parked there? Maybe our locals would know about this. Has there been any talk of LE poking around there?

Could be the local Medical Examiner? Small town, does it all. Peeps keep things hush, hush?

Just ideas

Mom's work number:

Either forced them, or stalked them. Internet can pinpoint any one of us now if you know the names, or the places.

It has happened to many of us. No way to stop the internet.

thinking of yrs ago when we used to take ocean parkway to malibu in lido beach, getting on at the sagtikos pkwy and taking ocean all the way out. not only was it very desolate not a place to break down but to get to it, you passed pilgrim psych center on sagtikos ... full of closed abandoned buildings in a creepy atmosphere (still there and still creepy btw) that would be phenom for sk to practice his craft unseen but by a few junkies maybe. it sparked our imaginations back then in 89-92. jmo of course.

pilgrim info
http://www.opacity.us/site23_pilgrim_state_hospital.htm

I'll ask again.

Locals, any abandoned industrial or even home sites? Old abandoned apartment buildings? Any with water and electricity still running?

In addition to that keeping it to the Island idea, there is a massive amount of "uncovered" space. Meaning no people, cameras for traffic, shops, police around, even just blank woods or sandy areas would do.

I am thinking within cover though. I could be wrong. The wild outside is where dad had to take the old dogs. (From the country, haven't lived there in over 25 years or more.) Beaches with brush could be the same.

Still think that SG could be in unused property, abandoned or not used for the off season.

According to a discussion in Topix, there's a currently unused hospital in Hempstead. Sounds like it's been closed since about 2006, but I haven't been able to find confirmation of that.

Here's an older interesting GMA vid wrt SG "tumbling down the stairs"

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/201334/abc-good-morning-america-long-island-serial-killer-police-id-new-link"]Hulu - ABC Good Morning America: Long Island Serial Killer: Police ID New Link@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/Y-E_lVE38guk1_ilR8yt8g@@AMEPARAM@@Y-E_lVE38guk1_ilR8yt8g[/ame]

silversurvivor;

Would love to know why your "name", I like it.

Junkies or crackheads can be paid off, easily. Nothing seen, nothing done. Just drugs or help when needed. Scrips written, or cash given, even medical assistance.

Thank you.

Please do, get all of the DNA you can all over your body. Not just fingernails and teeth. Kick, punch, rub, anything.

Exactly! I practice the concept of using my teeth to bite through their neck all the way to the juggular artery..... they will die quickly because they will bleed out. Sad as this is to have to think about, it is the reality of the life we live. Cave men and women had mastadon's and wild animals to worry about. Most of us, just have random lunatics to worry about. CL working girls have SK's to worry about - which is one of the problems I have with this case - these girls knew the risk, and they should have told someone who they had a "date" with. WHY is no one talking???

Yikes gone for a day and seems like I've missed alot. Posts today have been interesting to say the least.

Anyway, I'm curious to hear opinions about "someone" calling the mother at work and pretending to be LE. Aside from the potential obvious reasons of obtaining info from her, what, if anything, could be the motives behind this. If this is in fact the SK calling her, is he beginning to feel some heat? Getting nervous? Or just another way to contact a family member and be a part of their lives, similar to the other phone calls? And how did this person get her work number, possibly using another burner phone to make the calls?

I hate to think this, but...Facebook? If this mom's involved in any of the FB groups, I hope they're looking at all the members.

Alternatively, if he still has this victim's phone, maybe he changed the battery (would that cause it not to ping?) and saw an entry for "Mom--Work."

I agree with everything you wrote as well. I also thought perhaps when he had her cellphone he could've wrote down all possible numbers he may need in the future. That would require alot of foresight though. As nearly every development in this case, certainly adds a new twist. Of course as you said it could very well be LE, but who knows

BBM

I had the exact same thought. In MB's case, we know he held the cellphone for awhile in order to torment her sister. So maybe he holds the phones for awhile, but I know darned good and well he doesn't hold them for long. I'd bet my bottom dollar he tosses or destroys them. But I don't think he does that until AFTER he's recorded whatever info he wants from those phones. And it now occurs to me, it might not just be phone numbers...but also addresses if they are in there, contact info , business connections, anything he thinks he might find useful. *shudders*

http://www.infiltration.org/

Poke around here. There are other websites for tourists of sorts. I think some allow your own "town/city" search. Easy enough if you are from out of town. From in town, you choose what you have. Old buildings are beautiful in the prime or decay, many may have noticed a usefulness.

Any park buildings, bathrooms unused until after Memorial Day?

Exactly! I practice the concept of using my teeth to bite through their neck all the way to the juggular artery..... they will die quickly because they will bleed out. Sad as this is to have to think about, it is the reality of the life we live. Cave men and women had mastadon's and wild animals to worry about. Most of us, just have random lunatics to worry about. CL working girls have SK's to worry about - which is one of the problems I have with this case - these girls knew the risk, and they should have told someone who they had a "date" with. WHY is no one talking???

May I add something.

They had to worry about their fellow wackos too. Just the existence of being.

Speaking of the caller claiming to be LE? ( link ) In this video, the reporter asks PH's wife why SG's mother might have stated he called claiming to be a police officer. The other audio and video states he claimed to be a doctor. ( link )

[ame="http://www.hulu.com/watch/232413/abc-good-morning-america-long-island-serial-killer-manhunt"]Hulu - ABC Good Morning America: Long Island Serial Killer Manhunt@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.hulu.com/embed/w96qdrrfIsjJoOwj-JfJvQ@@AMEPARAM@@w96qdrrfIsjJoOwj-JfJvQ[/ame]

In the past there have been other sk's who have called family. Usually they were sadistic killers. Usually it is thought that they have been doing it to obtain pleasure from the family's pain. It is a way to prolong the pleasure, they not only get to watch the victim die, they get to derive pleasure from watching the families pain.

When the calls started, had any of the families been in the media yet? He could have caught the family in media, realized that he enjoyed it and then started with the phone calls. Or he could have just thought of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove