NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know this whole concept of victims fighting back is a little troubling for me. IMO just because a victim did not survive does not mean she/he didn't fight back. And I assume survival instincts take over. Everyone of those poor girls wanted to live. I'm sure they did everything possible to survive.
But one thing the SK had going for him was the element of surprise.

thinking of yrs ago when we used to take ocean parkway to malibu in lido beach, getting on at the sagtikos pkwy and taking ocean all the way out. not only was it very desolate not a place to break down but to get to it, you passed pilgrim psych center on sagtikos ... full of closed abandoned buildings in a creepy atmosphere (still there and still creepy btw) that would be phenom for sk to practice his craft unseen but by a few junkies maybe. it sparked our imaginations back then in 89-92. jmo of course.

pilgrim info
http://www.opacity.us/site23_pilgrim_state_hospital.htm

Here is a photo of an abandoned bldg there:[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/msjudilonelywolf/2493326166/sizes/m/in/photostream/"]All sizes | Pilgrim Psychiatric Center. Long Island, New York | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3102/2493326166_ca0428a143_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@2493326166@@AMEPARAM@@ca0428a143[/ame]

Sorry, It won't paste. It looks like it is out of some old movie !!!

I've wondered the same thing, NJGuy. If the call had come to the house, then I would have thought, okay...got it through a simple search, maybe the girls cell phone. But the mom's work number? Unless she owns her own business, I would think obtaining that information would be no simple task. Surely no reporter would print that info. :waitasec:

As for why he called, I think he called to flesh the mom out, see what she knows and what she's told LE. I think since SG went missing close to his home (whichever home that may be), he's been nervous.

JMO

ETA: Or, the call could have come from someone in LE working the case, and the Mom just freaked out. I mean, that IS possible.

If you have multiple numbers for someone in your phone, how do you list them?

Mom, Mom's cell, Mom's work and etc? Or sometimes it is multiple listings under one contact. But it still itemizes them.

You know this whole concept of victims fighting back is a little troubling for me. IMO just because a victim did not survive does not mean she/he didn't fight back. And I assume survival instincts take over. Everyone of those poor girls wanted to live. I'm sure they did everything possible to survive.
But one thing the SK had going for him was the element of surprise.

Fighting back is suggested to get the person that did it. No one here is suggesting that any victim here did not. We don't know, LE does. We are asking even you to learn to. I had to. To learn to. I hope you can to.

Carried over to this page.

Any park buildings, bathrooms unused until after Memorial Day?

We need to know why Melissa Barthelemy's family was targeted with follow-up phone calls when the other's were not. Ideas???

In the past there have been other sk's who have called family. Usually they were sadistic killers. Usually it is thought that they have been doing it to obtain pleasure from the family's pain. It is a way to prolong the pleasure, they not only get to watch the victim die, they get to derive pleasure from watching the families pain.

When the calls started, had any of the families been in the media yet? He could have caught the family in media, realized that he enjoyed it and then started with the phone calls. Or he could have just thought of it.

We had one link that gave us quite a bit of additional info {???} - wish I'd bookmarked it. But it stated that the family contacted the media right after realizing LE would not be much help in investigating. IMO and my words

Fighting back is suggested to get the person that did it. No one here is suggesting that any victim here did not. We don't know, LE does. We are asking even you to learn to. I had to. To learn to. I hope you can to.

I think I missed something here. "We are asking even you to learn to" I honestly do not get what you mean. Would you mind explaining it?

We need to know why Melissa Barthelemy's family was targeted with follow-up phone calls when the other's were not. Ideas???

Well, for one thing Amber Costello didn't have her cell phone with her.

you could set up quite a lab in that abandoned hospital...they have generators...equipment...
hell you could bleach bones and amputate and do all kinds of despicable things.

cold storage...

wonder if you could get some things, you know...up and running. maybe just for a few hours...would anyone notice...?

a kid with a dad...who may have worked there growing up...might know that place like the back of his hand...

oh yea...

In the past there have been other sk's who have called family. Usually they were sadistic killers. Usually it is thought that they have been doing it to obtain pleasure from the family's pain. It is a way to prolong the pleasure, they not only get to watch the victim die, they get to derive pleasure from watching the families pain.

When the calls started, had any of the families been in the media yet? He could have caught the family in media, realized that he enjoyed it and then started with the phone calls. Or he could have just thought of it.

Shannan Gilbert's mother was called (the Dr. call) the day following SG's disappearance, according to her. No media yet.

Melissa Barthelelmy's sister began getting calls about 4 days after she went missing. No media yet.

Megan Waterman's family did get calls (according to the findshannangilbert website), but I'm not clear as to when. Sorry.

Been asking about the phone calls/texts for a bit, what is the pattern or need. Now there are 2 girls families?

I think more, in other areas. JMO.

I think abandoned buildings would be way too risky for this guy. Besides he has to control everything in his environment and that means he has to have his own special place. And he seems to have to hang onto things, the bodies, the relatives, the trophies. So he would have to have his own special secret place. I could be wrong.

i cant find the photos now but i know there are "urban spelunkers" who have gone into some of the pilgrim buildings and found many of the things used to perform the outdated psych treatments (shudder) still in the buildings... i will research that and the clear ride from there to dump site and get back...

Well, for one thing Amber Costello didn't have her cell phone with her.

EXACTLY Scandi!!! Why didn't she?? ALC is an inexperienced working girl. She has been doing it for about 10 years, and she has been doing it with people close to her. She gets a call for a "date" that is paying insane money, leaves wearing jeans and a pink hoodie, and is never seen again. NO ONE that had worked with her in the past knew who she was going to meet? I call BS on that!!! It is the equivalent to me landing a huge job and not sharing that with my co-workers. :waitasec:

I think abandoned buildings would be way too risky for this guy. Besides he has to control everything in his environment and that means he has to have his own special place. And he seems to have to hang onto things, the bodies, the relatives, the trophies. So he would have to have his own special secret place. I could be wrong.

If we are keeping with the Island, which is huge! He has many secret places. Trying to suss (is that a word?) those out. The map and the history make it look easy. The terrain is phenomenal! The knowledge of the years of use for dumps too. I am still thinking someone(s) younger is involved too, can't stop that feeling, but it is just JMO.

Secret places can be just the danged nature of the area.

EXACTLY Scandi!!! Why didn't she?? ALC is an inexperienced working girl. She has been doing it for about 10 years, and she has been doing it with people close to her. She gets a call for a "date" that is paying insane money, leaves wearing jeans and a pink hoodie, and is never seen again. NO ONE that had worked with her in the past knew who she was going to meet? I call BS on that!!! It is the equivalent to me landing a huge job and not sharing that with my co-workers. :waitasec:

She knew him already, or she was too high already and he knew it.

I'm thinking I agree with you. If it were a hospital in a city street setting that might be different. I think there's too much room around the bldg, too easy to be spotted.

Now the psyche hospital is busier. Part of it is now a community college, part has been torn down and then there are some bldgs that are in the works to get torn down.

I guess the SK would need a place that would be normal for him to frequent for a regular reason so no one would look twice at him. IMO

She knew him already, or she was too high already and he knew it.

Hi, I thought I read because it wasn't her phone and belonged to one of the friends she was with when she left to meet her date. So before she left she handed it back to that person. It's hard to imagine a working girl like this not having her own phone.

So that's 3 out of 5 phones accounted for, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove