NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! I am not surprised at the link to Manorville - in fact, I want Atlantic City put back on the table. I think they should look in both Manorville and even AC for Shannon's body. This guy has been at this for a long time, and he has grown bold in the fact that he has not been caught. Originally, he removed the heads and hands and separated them into two dump sites. Since he was never even a suspect in the Manorville crimes, there is no longer any need for the mess of removing body parts and separating them. I cannot forget the similarities to the AC victims being placed measured distances apart as were the original four victims in the Gilgo beach bodies. Is there some connection between the distances that the bodies were placed and Manorville and Gilgo Beach?? Off to research that.....

If I had to put money on where our SK's other dumping ground would be, I'd bet Fire Island.

Right, and the article referred to the male as having his throat crushed!

<snip> Is strangulation a common way to murder a man? I'm thinking it isn't. Shot, stabbed, head bashed in, beaten to a bloody pulp, sure. But strangled? I don't know...that seems rather odd to me.

Unless maybe he was a male prostitute??? Has there ever been a SK who hated prostitutes in general and wasn't particularly concerned about their gender? I know there have been SK's who did not care much about the gender, but this guy seems to have a vendetta against prostitutes, and I do not believe it is simply that they are easy prey. I think he hates them for what they do.

they need to get real...while I may believe the Asian man is not involved...and possibly even the baby...
to think there are two serial killers is proposterous.... are we to beleive that this ungoldly strip of land is a body dump for killers everywhere? that we could do a random check at almost any place in the USA and find 10 bodies in various stages of decomp at any given time?

I can't believe that. can you?
come on....no no no...

No, I can't believe that...Thank you.

I still think there is a guy out there who the girls know...he grooms them but good...here's how he does it...

date one...has drugs is a pretty darn good lay
date two...has drugs , tries handcuffs
date three...has drugs wants you to show up in just your coat and heels..
date four...has drugs , wants to have dinner, no panties, nothing weird, good time
date five...has drugs...no phones...ties you up...

and u never go home...

You left out one (but a great job you did!)...I think he "grooms" them too - Rifkin and Pickton and even ridgeway had been with many vics before the time that they became victims... so they thought they were safe with this guy 'cause they had been with him and "lived to tell the tale" before they BECAME vics...
I say it's one guy....
I think alot of girls know this guy...I think he likes to stalk them around the area and he gets to know their routes...Maybe he gets fixated on one for awhile then moves on...

Yep. My thoughts too.

didn't we say a certain Mr Hyde was living in Manorville or near? he doesn't fit my profile...but...we could and have created a profile of him and it's very convincing as well...

anyone checked out that hospital website lately??? the one where they say he was arrested???

Yeah, I signed up and asked to be notified of any new posts - there have not been any since...that related to this...seems like a dead end...

If I had to put money on where our SK's other dumping ground would be, I'd bet Fire Island.

Less likely due to all of the foot traffic and the lack of an escape route. Also, a car on the side of the road on Fire Island would be very suspicious.

I think finding of the petite men adds a whole new dimension to the fact that it might be one SK who used the men in some way...just thinking...maybe the SK has sexual identity issues...maybe occasionally he went both ways.

Unless maybe he was a male prostitute??? Has there ever been a SK who hated prostitutes in general and wasn't particularly concerned about their gender? I know there have been SK's who did not care much about the gender, but this guy seems to have a vendetta against prostitutes, and I do not believe it is simply that they are easy prey. I think he hates them for what they do.

Reannan, we are on the same page...we keep posting similar thoughts within seconds of each other.

Hi Chanler,

Geez, I sure made a mess of that! I must apologize - I was rushing 'cause I had to go...but I should have cleaned that up before I sent it!

It's great to have a forum to discuss this case. Thanks for being patient with me - a "new kid on the block!"

Hi, twocuriouscats, thanks, but the apologies should be mine. I sometimes state my views too emphatically.

This is a great forum. Honestly, I don't think of the time I have spent here as frivolous or wasted.

As for the Long Island cases, I think that serial killer case will be solved from information about the known victims, perhaps from phone records or the memories of cab drivers. As for Shannan, I honestly think that it is a separate case and, from what we know so far, it is most unlikely that Brewer was involved. I don't carry a brief for him, however, and if the 911 tape, for instance, reveal something more incriminating, I will try to follow the evidence.

My feeling is that he hates women in general, but preys on prostitutes because they are easy victims and he can somehow justify murdering "a *advertiser censored*". I think he sees himself as far superior to his victims...but I think in his real life, with real women, he sees the scales being impossibly tipped the other way. With real life women, I think he's weak, submissive, rejected, powerless. He kills for power and control. I think if he could kill a date or an acquaintance without it being easily tied to him, he'd do it in a heartbeat.

JMO

Wow! I am not surprised at the link to Manorville - in fact, I want Atlantic City put back on the table. I think they should look in both Manorville and even AC for Shannon's body. This guy has been at this for a long time, and he has grown bold in the fact that he has not been caught. Originally, he removed the heads and hands and separated them into two dump sites. Since he was never even a suspect in the Manorville crimes, there is no longer any need for the mess of removing body parts and separating them. I cannot forget the similarities to the AC victims being placed measured distances apart as were the original four victims in the Gilgo beach bodies. Is there some connection between the distances that the bodies were placed and Manorville and Gilgo Beach?? Off to research that.....

do you think he purposely switches up his mo? it would be harder to catch him that way and he's got away with all this thus far.

in one of the articles they mention jessica taylor and also another torso of a different woman.
there's "peaches" (nicknamed by her tattoo) and also tanya rush

march 3, 2007 woman's torso in suitcase washed ashore in mamaroneck; 2 days later her left leg bone and right foot (toenail polish) long island sound in cold spring harbor.

june 27, 2008 tanya rush, 39 yrs of brooklyn's remains were found in a suitcase on newbridge rd in bellmore off southern state pkwy

this article mentions that a head, hands and right foot found by le match up with a body found in 2000 in manorville:

"More body parts -- a head, hands and a right foot -- were found slightly farther east along the parkway. While no name has been attached to them, Spota said they match with a body found in 2000, also in Manorville."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/05/09/new.york.bodies/

I think finding of the petite men adds a whole new dimension to the fact that it might be one SK who used the men in some way...just thinking...maybe the SK has sexual identity issues...maybe occasionally he went both ways.

I've pondered the same thing. In fact, I've often wondered if the young man who went missing from Islip might not have stumbled upon our SK.

I wonder has there ever been two killers dumping in the same area? It seems like a stretch. Could Shannan be in the Pine Barrens? Could she be found in Manorville?

Hasn't LE said they believe the 4 found last December were killed elsewhere then moved to where they were found?

If the same person killed Shannan, maybe he still has her body where he stored the others before dropping them off by OP. Just a thought.

Snip

I totally agree 100%.

What the public IS NOT being reminded of is that the Manorville dump site involved FOUR bodies plus a head that was found nearby too. The two other bodies were both men. The head was a man's head (but it may or may not be related). Then again, how many killers are butchering people and dumping the parts in the same stretch of woods?? Not a coincidence in my mind.

I agree, too.....feel like it is the same killer. My first thought was that maybe the man was killed radically in a different way, because he was IN the way. Kill the guy(s - plural for the Manorville guys)' get them out of the way and then the women are killed very differently because it is sexual in nature and that is the killers obsession....along w/ death or whatever. Jmo.

<snip>

Taylor’s was the third body to turn up along this patch of woods since Nov. 19, 2000. The first body belonged to a white woman in her 30s with brown hair. She had been dead for several weeks before her nude, headless body was found, cut into pieces and stuffed in plastic bags. Her hands and right foot were never located, and police say the woman must have had some kind of identifying mark, like a tattoo, on her ankle that the killer had wanted to get rid of.

Four days later, hunters found the body of a white or Hispanic man in his 20s with black hair in the woods off the eastbound side of the LIE near Exit 68—also the same patch of woods. He was wearing light blue-and-white striped GAP boxer shorts and had crushed neck bones—meaning he was strangled.

</snip>

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/03/24/long-islands-other-serial-killer/3/

So, if this article is accurate (and I'm not claiming that it is or it isn't), then the young hispanic man found in Manorville seems to have been murdered in the same manner as our 4 identified Oak Beach victims.

Is strangulation a common way to murder a man? I'm thinking it isn't. Shot, stabbed, head bashed in, beaten to a bloody pulp, sure. But strangled? I don't know...that seems rather odd to me.

being likely a man would put up a fight, i agree that it's possible that the killer goes both ways maybe got a male prostitute and during sex "autoerotic aphixiation" was the killer's way of killing his victim. he likely drugged them possibly prior i would think.

or it could be that all these bodies are the work of 2 serial killers and some random murderers. yet i do have to agree that the cod of stragulation for a man is odd.

nyc is a very populated area, so is parts of l.i. so the number of bodies found very well could have come from several killers.

although i do tend to agree that there may very well be more than one serial killer, especially if the feds have good reason to think so.

I wonder has there ever been two killers dumping in the same area? It seems like a stretch. Could Shannan be in the Pine Barrens? Could she be found in Manorville?

Hi ItalinBella,

I doubt it - I don't think Shannan will be found - he couldn't let that happen..but maybe we have that going on here... I mean 2 killers dumping in the same spot...I can see it, but How wierd would that be???????????????????????

Must confess to being a bit rattled...We wanted LE to give us more info -and they have - but I'm not sure where to go from here...

do you think he purposely switches up his mo? it would be harder to catch him that way and he's got away with all this thus far.

EXACTLY!!! I am completely confused by the statements from LE that there are "two" SK's involved! They said earlier on that he has connections with LE, so of course he would change up is MO! He would know that if his actions were inconsistent, it would harder to link the crimes to him.

Ugh. I remember hearing about that incident, it could very well be related.

One another note, Maybe I am just hoping that these murders are all connected so that we can rid LI of this monster in one fell swoop. The DA seems to be insisting that it is the work of more than one killer though, which implies unrelated incidents. I can't really get my head around multiple, unrelated killers right now.

HEY, If the DA is involved in the LI SK cases that might mean they are looking at someone very strongly and just getting their ducks in a row so it is court worthy.

I just don't think the DA gets involved in a case till that point. Then the DA will dictate what they want in search warrants, etc like they did in the Lindsey Baum case.

this new statement shows one person killed Jennifer and dump her remains in two spots.
Just happen to be the same place has the remains in April???

If it is 2 people, the person that killed Jennifer could have heard about the bodies at Oak Beach and either had the head and hands as trophies and dumped them, or moved them. Anyone know how long the skull and hands had been near the beach?

My hunch is that her body will be found in yet a THIRD dumping ground. Now that we know that the Manorville & Ocean Parkway sites are related we can see that our SK likes to dump remains in areas that fit the following criteria;

1. Easy access to major highways.
  2. Dark at night with no lamp posts/street lights.
  3. Very little (if any traffic in the early am).
  4. Only a few scattered homes around.
  5. Access to terrain used for both fishing & hunting.
  6. No sidewalks & a wide grassy shoulder to pullover vehicle.
  7. No traffic lights/traffic cameras in area.
  8. Foliage overgrows area by Mid-May & doesn't die off until late November.
  9. PUBLIC LAND/wildlife protected areas on both sides of road.

Based upon this criteria, here are my top picks for our serial killers other/future dump sites on Long Island;

1. Eastern end of DUNE ROAD inside Shinnecock County Park West.
  2. Rocky Point Yaphank Road, South of 25A, North of Whiskey Road in the State Pine Barrens Preserve.
  3. River Road in Mastic, along South Haven County Park
  4. Wading River Manor Road from the LIE (495) to 25A (Sound Avenue)
  5. Actually, any of the other roads in and around the Robert Cushman County Park & Peconic River County Park.
  6. Pipe Stave Hollow Road and/or Harbor Beach Road in Mt Sinai.
  7. Long Beach Road in Nissequogue (especially the Eastern most portion)
  8. Montauk Highway between Amaganset & Montauk.
  9. Swamp Road in East Hampton, near Northwest Harbor County Park.
  10. Spinny Road where it cuts through Birch Creek Owl Pond County Park.
  11. Toppings Path as well as Hot Water Street in Manorville where they cut through the LI State Pine Barrens Preserve.
  12. Smith Rd/Suffolk Bvd in Shirley along the Wetheim National Wildlife refuge.
  13. Tarkill Trail along Brookhaven State Park.
  14. N. Belle Mead Road where it cuts through the Laurel Ridge Setauket Woods Nature Preserve

Seaslug, I would just add one thing to your list:

Wide center media with trees or brush to obscure the view of oncoming traffic.

If I was LE, I would be mapping out every road on LI that has your characteristics and highlight it as a potential dump site. And then do a thorough search or bring the Black Hawk Helicopter with hyperspectral camera back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs