NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
this new statement shows one person killed Jennifer and dump her remains in two spots.
Just happen to be the same place has the remains in April???

If it is 2 people, the person that killed Jessica could have heard about the bodies at Oak Beach and either had the head and hands as trophies and dumped them, or moved them. Anyone know how long the skull and hands had been near the beach?

P.s. Also, they must have been sitting on this info, because wouldn't they have checked Jessica's DNA immediately?

Hi crimesnooper,

You could be right. Personally, that's what I would do if I was so scared and didn't trust anyone...hide. But what next?

Some interviews with JB state that she got upset when she asked for money, right? ( (because after all, he just wanted company and he's having a "party?" so, why would she want to get PAID? For "partying" with him.. Please...) I know what that means...I think we all know that she went to "party" and work. So, let's assume she hid - she may or may not have had money on her to get home...so did she run into Mr. Hyde (AKA CPW or PCW)? Go to his house because she knew him? That's a really hard pill to swallow - I just don't see it. However, I wonder how SG's family got CPH's name from a phone call...? Does anybody think her family made up that story AND the name? TIA and MOO

Her family {mom and sister Sherre at least} heard Shannan's 911 call where she named Mr Hyde.

I'm not convinced the Manorville murders, or the Hempstead body, or the other bodies found at Gilgo, are related to the murders of ALC, MB, MBB and MW. But I'm also not as willing as LE to write them all off as unrelated either. My game plan is to continue to be open minded to the idea that maybe, just maybe, all these cases are related. If it turns out that they aren't, then at least we will have compiled as much info as we can on Manorville and Hempstead, and maybe help identify those other bodies so their families can have some kind of closure.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I've been lurking on these threads for the past month. This case fascinates me, but it also saddens me when I read the comments on Newsday and Daily Mail,etc where people seem to not care because they were prostitutes. I don't care what the victims did for a living-nobody deserves to be murdered.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned or if I'm totally off base here, but IF there are two killers, does anyone think that perhaps SK#2 could have met SK#1 in prison, learned about the crimes when SK1 bragged and then got "inspired"? I don't know if I buy the theory about two killers, but if LE's announcements that there are two and that one of them has LE connections are true then this could be how they met. How many years are there between the first Gilgo beach victim's disappearance and the Manorville victims?

I agree, too.....feel like it is the same killer. My first thought was that maybe the man was killed radically in a different way, because he was IN the way. Kill the guy(s - plural for the Manorville guys)' get them out of the way and then the women are killed very differently because it is sexual in nature and that is the killers obsession....along w/ death or whatever. Jmo.

What they said on HLN is that two of the recent bodies found were men and some dismembered parts belonged to cases from 2003.

Hi everyone. I'm new here, but I've been lurking on these threads for the past month. This case fascinates me, but it also saddens me when I read the comments on Newsday and Daily Mail,etc where people seem to not care because they were prostitutes. I don't care what the victims did for a living-nobody deserves to be murdered.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned or if I'm totally off base here, but IF there are two killers, does anyone think that perhaps SK#2 could have met SK#1 in prison, learned about the crimes when SK1 bragged and then got "inspired"? I don't know if I buy the theory about two killers, but if LE's announcements that there are two and that one of them has LE connections are true then this could be how they met. How many years are there between the first Gilgo beach victim's disappearance and the Manorville victims?
Hi Marie-Chantal and WELCOME to WS :seeya:

Did they say again today that one of the killers has LE connections?

Her family {mom and sister Sherre at least} heard Shannan's 911 call where she named Mr Hyde.

Actually, Scandi, she "named someone she knew" - we do not know who this person was, and IMHO, LE does not know who they are either! If they KNOW who SG said was trying to kill her, and they have never arrested him/her, they are negligent and corrupt, IMHO. I could honestly see a scenario where SG and JB left his home to go to the home of "Mr. Hyde" to purchase drugs. (We have been told by MP, her driver, that SG and JB left his home in JB's vehicle for 15 minutes). Mr. Hyde could well be, the local "source" for drugs. SG, being pretty savvy regarding drugs, and their intended effect, may have called the CVS Pharmacy after realizing something was not "quiet right" about the drugs she had been given. In her drug induced state, would she have returned right back to the home of the guy who gave her the drugs?? Maybe??? :banghead:

Hi Marie-Chantal and WELCOME to WS :seeya:

Did they say again today that one of the killers has LE connections?

Thanks Scandi!

I didn't hear it again today, just during their first press conference. I also haven't heard that they've discarded that theory, so that's what made me think of a prison connection/copycat idea when I heard them mention 2 killers today. I don't know if I necessarily think there are 2 killers. There are an awful lot of coincidences in this case.

well after reading about South Side killers in LA I guess we could have more

"It was assumed that one guy was doing the whole thing. If you think about sheer number of women being killed, it would have been very hard for one person to kill all of them and not ever be caught at the scene," Deputy District Attorney Bobby Grace said.

Read more: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/12...ly-four-men/UPI-22621229713216/#ixzz1LuG1KIeI

I just read on the other thread that Jessica Taylor was last seen at the Port Authority Bus station. Wasn't one of the 4 Gilgo victims last seen at Port Authority (I know it's a huge place, but still-it is a similarity)? I also noticed that Jessica had a history in Atlantic City (a connection to the AC killer?). Maybe our killer changed his hunting grounds from AC to NYC and then used LI as his dumping grounds after AC?

Thanks Scandi!

I didn't hear it again today, just during their first press conference. I also haven't heard that they've discarded that theory, so that's what made me think of a prison connection/copycat idea when I heard them mention 2 killers today. I don't know if I necessarily think there are 2 killers. There are an awful lot of coincidences in this case.

Welcome to WS's Marie-Chantal - and all of our other new members!!! If you are just reading, please join and become part of our discussion. We need ideas and information! Marie-Chantal, there was originally something about this case that made me think it was perhaps a "team" gig. I actually thought perhaps a man/woman team (Paul Bernardo/Karla Holmoka). The Manorville and Gilgo Beach slayings are gruesome enough and ritualistic enough to have some sort of strange twist to them, IMHO. If you throw in the murder of a few men.... then that makes even more sense for a team effort. Of course, I can also see a scenario where a fanatical individual is sexually frustrated and inadequate, and perhaps has homosexual tendencies, but would primarily murder women because they represent the greatest source of his torment and inadequacies. On occasion, however, he may have encountered a male that also ended up as a victim. :twocents: I just want this individual(s) caught and away from society!!!

News 12 LI, stated on the news @ 6pm that LE thought there might be 3 killers who have been dumping on OP. I can't send the link through. I'll see if I can copy and paste it.

Hasn't LE said they believe the 4 found last December were killed elsewhere then moved to where they were found?

If the same person killed Shannan, maybe he still has her body where he stored the others before dropping them off by OP. Just a thought.

Excellent point!

Welcome to WS's Marie-Chantal - and all of our other new members!!! If you are just reading, please join and become part of our discussion. We need ideas and information! Marie-Chantal, there was originally something about this case that made me think it was perhaps a "team" gig. I actually thought perhaps a man/woman team (Paul Bernardo/Karla Holmoka). The Manorville and Gilgo Beach slayings are gruesome enough and ritualistic enough to have some sort of strange twist to them, IMHO. If you throw in the murder of a few men.... then that makes even more sense for a team effort. Of course, I can also see a scenario where a fanatical individual is sexually frustrated and inadequate, and perhaps has homosexual tendencies, but would primarily murder women because they represent the greatest source of his torment and inadequacies. On occasion, however, he may have encountered a male that also ended up as a victim. :twocents: I just want this individual(s) caught and away from society!!!

(bolded words are my addition) I agree (and thanks for the welcome :tyou:)! This sick person/people need to be locked up ASAP. One of the differences that I've noticed between Manorville and Gilgo Beach is that the bodies in Manorville were dismembered with what seems like special emphasis to remove identifying tattoos (I would have said for souvenir purposes, but there have been body parts with tattoos that have been found). Did any of the women found at Gilgo have tattoos that were removed?

Was Craigslist around in 2003? I think it was, but I'm not completely sure. I know that the report about Jessica said that she was working the streets near Port Authority, which doesn't seem to be the methods used by the Gilgo women. It was the method used for the AC murder victims, though. I wonder if Jessica had perhaps started using Craigslist? I wonder if there were witness reports that saw her get into a car on the last night she was seen?

What makes me sad about Jessica is that we haven't had any mention of her family. The other girls have all had family members speaking out to the media. I really hope that even though they were reportedly estranged, her family would want justice for their daughter

News broke today that the bodies found on a remote stretch of beach in Long Island weren't the work of one killer, but rather at least two. This is bound to complicate things for newspaper editors who have already had a tough time making a catchy moniker stick. Unlike many serial killers who live on in memory through catchy nicknames provided by tabloids (Son of Sam, Nightstalker, and so on), the case of the bodies along Cedar and Gilgo beaches remains frustratingly anonymous.

[...]

"It's not a tabloid gore-fest," Strickler said. "It's easy to get caught up in the sensational side of serial killers, but at the heart of it, it’s a lot of innocent people, probably, who have been killed." He had few kind words for the tabloids, in particular the New York Post. "They're making no effort to verify anything. They're not trying, they don't care, they just throw everything out there. Not everybody realizes what a level of ******** it is. We spend a lot of time fielding questions and trying to tell people what's happening."
Article link

.....One of the differences that I've noticed between Manorville and Gilgo Beach is that the bodies in Manorville were dismembered with what seems like special emphasis to remove identifying tattoos (I would have said for souvenir purposes, but there have been body parts with tattoos that have been found). Did any of the women found at Gilgo have tattoos that were removed?

BBM - So perhaps he removed tattoos in Manorville, shoes in Atlantic City, and clothes in Gilgo Beach???

I can't help but think LE is baiting the SK with the claims that all the bodies on ocean parkway aren't his. They probably know who the SK is but don't have the evidence necessary for an arrest and are hoping to draw him out of his hiding... He is def the kind of person who can't help but get involved .. call the families and tell them he killed their daughters etc. He enjoys telling people who he killed (power). The DA's only chess move is to take credit/power away from the SK, hoping the SK will send the him/the world some form of message that they are all his(power).

My hunch is that her body will be found in yet a THIRD dumping ground. Now that we know that the Manorville & Ocean Parkway sites are related we can see that our SK likes to dump remains in areas that fit the following criteria;

1. Easy access to major highways.
  2. Dark at night with no lamp posts/street lights.
  3. Very little (if any traffic in the early am).
  4. Only a few scattered homes around.
  5. Access to terrain used for both fishing & hunting.
  6. No sidewalks & a wide grassy shoulder to pullover vehicle.
  7. No traffic lights/traffic cameras in area.
  8. Foliage overgrows area by Mid-May & doesn't die off until late November.
  9. PUBLIC LAND/wildlife protected areas on both sides of road.

Based upon this criteria, here are my top picks for our serial killers other/future dump sites on Long Island;

1. Eastern end of DUNE ROAD inside Shinnecock County Park West.
  2. Rocky Point Yaphank Road, South of 25A, North of Whiskey Road in the State Pine Barrens Preserve.
  3. River Road in Mastic, along South Haven County Park
  4. Wading River Manor Road from the LIE (495) to 25A (Sound Avenue)
  5. Actually, any of the other roads in and around the Robert Cushman County Park & Peconic River County Park.
  6. Pipe Stave Hollow Road and/or Harbor Beach Road in Mt Sinai.
  7. Long Beach Road in Nissequogue (especially the Eastern most portion)
  8. Montauk Highway between Amaganset & Montauk.
  9. Swamp Road in East Hampton, near Northwest Harbor County Park.
  10. Spinny Road where it cuts through Birch Creek Owl Pond County Park.
  11. Toppings Path as well as Hot Water Street in Manorville where they cut through the LI State Pine Barrens Preserve.
  12. Smith Rd/Suffolk Bvd in Shirley along the Wetheim National Wildlife refuge.
  13. Tarkill Trail along Brookhaven State Park.
  14. N. Belle Mead Road where it cuts through the Laurel Ridge Setauket Woods Nature Preserve

Seaslug, I also think 27 East going toward the Montauk Point Lighthouse also meets the above criteria.

BBM - So perhaps he removed tattoos in Manorville, shoes in Atlantic City, and clothes in Gilgo Beach???

Hi, Reannan, call me a minimalist, but I think that from what we know so far, law enforcement has good reason to believe that these are separate killers. Serial killers like to think of themselves as master plotters, but most of them are prisoners of their own obsessions.

To me, from the evidence of aerial photographs, all three areas seem convenient stretches for concealed corpses. The theory that only one person is killing these people seems very, very unlikely to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay