NY-LI 10 bodies found on Beach-Poss. SrlKlr-12/10-4 id'd; more found 3/11 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first hunch I've ever gotten from a dream, but stranger things have happened, and I thought I'd run it by you all to see what you think.

Big rig truck drivers sit rather high up. This gives them a different view of not just the road but the surrounding countryside. If the killer (or, sheesh, one of them) drove a truck like this, it would make it easier for him to see the victims as he drove by, particularly if he were looking for the burlap.

If I recall correctly, trucks are not allowed on Ocean Parkway unless they are making local deliveries. Hard to imagine a big rig being used for a local delivery. But I could be wrong.

BBM

Where are you getting this from, Scandi? From everything I've seen there was only one 911 call and that one call lasted for 23 minutes.

It was reading articles not long after the case broke. I remember the 3 call bit and the 23 min. I think with much discussion after time it has morphed into a 23 min call.

Tonight I'll see if I can go back and read the first articles, that is unless someone reading here remembers it too. xox

It could be in the article where it tells about the driver seeing Shannan sitting in a chair on the phone at JB's.

The link doesn't work for me. Would you mind giving some of the search terms (date, etc) that I could use to pull the story up on the WABC website?

I couldn't sleep last night, and I just kept thinking about this case, and in particular Shannon. I keep trying to get inside her head and imagine what she must have seen that scared her, and what her logical actions would have been. It is definitely odd that she felt threatened while in JB's home, yet she would not leave with her driver (MP). Could she have seen newspaper clippings somewhere in JB's home about the other missing prostitutes? I know it is a popular scene on CSI type shows where SK's tend to keep news clippings about their victims - not sure how true that really is. JB would have had plenty of time to destroy evidence before the cops actually got around to searching his home. I really don't believe JB is involved, however, so this doesn't make any sense. What happened in JB's home that scared her, and why did she then not want to go with her driver? The evidence seems to indicate that she was really scared of MP (the driver), and 911 being called than anything else. Sorry for rambling - just trying to organize my thoughts.

If I recall correctly, trucks are not allowed on Ocean Parkway unless they are making local deliveries. Hard to imagine a big rig being used for a local delivery. But I could be wrong.

You're correct, there are no big rigs on OceanParkway.

It was reading articles not long after the case broke. I remember the 3 call bit and the 23 min. I think with much discussion after time it has morphed into a 23 min call.

Tonight I'll see if I can go back and read the first articles, that is unless someone reading here remembers it too. xox

It could be in the article where it tells about the driver seeing Shannan sitting in a chair on the phone at JB's.

If that's right then the phone records we've seen are incorrect. They clearly say it was one 23 minute call.

It really does seem like there is a team approach to the dumping of these people in the same small stretch of a 15 mile long highway...especially when there is a great big ocean and many bays and inlets right there at their disposal. Instead of dumping these people in the water, 10 bodies and parts of bodies turn up on the same side of the OP and none more than a mile or so apart. How could these not be related? There is something that links all of these cases to that same one mile westbound stretch of highway.

Either it is one or more serial killers that are either in cahoots or in competition with each other or it is an organized group that is sending out someone or a pair or group of people who can stop along that stretch of road, dump the bodies and who will not be seen as either in need of help or nefarious. They will simply look like they belong there.

I couldn't sleep last night, and I just kept thinking about this case, and in particular Shannon. I keep trying to get inside her head and imagine what she must have seen that scared her, and what her logical actions would have been. It is definitely odd that she felt threatened while in JB's home, yet she would not leave with her driver (MP). Could she have seen newspaper clippings somewhere in JB's home about the other missing prostitutes? I know it is a popular scene on CSI type shows where SK's tend to keep news clippings about their victims - not sure how true that really is. JB would have had plenty of time to destroy evidence before the cops actually got around to searching his home. I really don't believe JB is involved, however, so this doesn't make any sense. What happened in JB's home that scared her, and why did she then not want to go with her driver? The evidence seems to indicate that she was really scared of MP (the driver), and 911 being called than anything else. Sorry for rambling - just trying to organize my thoughts.

I doubt it. There was no big story abiut missing prostitutes until after the bodies were found. And at that point only two were missing.

It may sound cold but missing prostitutes don't usually make the news.

It really does seem like there is a team approach to the dumping of these people in the same small stretch of a 15 mile long highway...especially when there is a great big ocean and many bays and inlets right there at their disposal. Instead of dumping these people in the water, 10 bodies and parts of bodies turn up on the same side of the OP and none more than a mile or so apart. How could these not be related? There is something that links all of these cases to that same one mile westbound stretch of highway.

Either it is one or more serial killers that are either in cahoots or in competition with each other or it is an organized group that is sending out someone or a pair or group of people who can stop along that stretch of road, dump the bodies and who will not be seen as either in need of help or nefarious. They will simply look like they belong there.

It's the perfect place to dump a body. Hardly any residents, no pedestrians, not much traffic usually. Bodies in the water wash up. I was at a party last week and everyone was saying that it's crossed their mind while driving diwn OP that it would be the perfect place fir someone to dump a body

SG's fear of JB, that is the big mystery. That is why I was so impressed with goathairjones suggestion: Perhaps JB had another appointment lined up for her and she did not want to go. This would imply that if not her pimp, JB for some reason had power over her. He may have wanted the money and the next appointment guy may have been offering a lot of money. There was that flurry of calls between SG and JB. Could it have been arguing over this. In that case it would have been him that frightened her, not something she found in the house.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=8122129

HAUPPAUGE, N.Y. (WABC) -- Could the eighth body found be that of Stony Brook student Jimmy Tsui?

Kam Wai Tsui lives every day with the grief and the devastating uncertainty of what happened to her youngest son, Jimmy.

The 20-year-old Stony Brook student vanished without a trace in August of 1998.

Now, investigative sources tell Eyewitness News they're examining a possible link between Tsui and so-called John Doe number eight. One of the skeletons uncovered this spring along ocean parkway.

I did notice that Jimmy was 5'10" though and the Doe is 5'6" if I recall correctly.

Hi Reannan, Thanks for your thoughts. They prompted a few more questions in this direction :floorlaugh: All good though.

We know the driver said he sat in his vehicle outside the gate for about 3 hours, having dropped her off at 1pm. Right? The 3 hours conflicts with 5am which is when Shannan was running around the neighborhood. We have an unaccounted hour, from 4 to 5am.

Now, If after 3 hours thre driver gets a call from JB to come pick her up cause she won't leave, maybe the driver Mr P was actually inside the house for a bit of time and not just looking in the front door at her sitting in a chair and on the phone. Assuming there was another person present for her to say 'they', could it be the driver took side with this person and taunted her. She goes into the bathroom where she does some stuff and comes out ready for bear, to get out of that house and away from these guys who have scared her silly.

That taunting she could not control could have gone on for an amount of time out of that lost hour, maybe where she was being made to do things that were out of the norm for her and that she knew would put her in a precarious position safety wise.

I don't know, but do think we should try and narrow down the timeline from 4 to 5am. Maybe JB was the only one she trusted out of the 3 which is why she didn't want to leave his company and the drifter was getting weird with her. Then if the driver and the drifter saw eye to eye she realized the men were 2 against 1 and her best shot was to run away.

Please make any corrections to this time wise. This comes from info learned early in our discussions so I might have something wrong. xox

Oh, and IMO
lol

I have stumbled across a bondage/SM site that shows a picture of a girl called Marlena, who bears a resemblance to Shannan. This site shows pictures of their "dungeon" where they are "catering to Fetish and Fantasy roleplay, S&M, B&D CBT, Crossdressing and Medical themes. It claims to be Jasmine's dungeon and employees a large number of girls who advertise at $400 and up. It caught my eye because it is so scary, and because I think all five of the Long Island girls have used the name Jasmine at one time or another. It shows various rooms in "the dungeon" that can be used for various fetish themes. The rooms look high dollar. The place does not look fly-by-night, and the more I thought about it, the more I wondered if it might be something that connected all the girls, aside from Craig's list. It is something I think LE should definitely check out, if they haven't already and I sent an e-mail to the Find Shannan Gilbert website to try to make someone aware of it.

I have wondered if Shannan may have been hired for the drifter and not for JB.

BBM

I don't agree that a call to CVS would have required the kind of rational thinking you're suggesting. Speaking to someone at the pharmacy may have, but since this call lasted less than 1 minute, I doubt she did speak to anyone at CVS. At any rate, SG was rational enough to call 911 and ask for assistance, so I see nothing to suggest she would have been too irrational to call a pharmacy as well. JMO

And just to clarify...the last call logged on SG's phone was the 911 call. The call to CVS came before a series of calls to her driver and her call to 911.

You are so right. Thanks for catching my error regarding the sequence of calls.

If that's right then the phone records we've seen are incorrect. They clearly say it was one 23 minute call.

Thanks Dcgrumpy, The info I read at the first of the case has evidently been corrected. Oftentimes the first info out isn't always dependable even though it does stick in one's mind. lol

We know the driver was called back to the house after 3 hours, or 4am. She was on the phone then. Maybe she wasn't talking to 911 then and it was someone else.

Did Gus say she was on her phone? Could it be the whole 23 min call took place inside JB's house? It is hard to run while talking on a cellie, eh?

Do they give the time for that 23 min call? Thanks

Thanks Dcgrumpy, The info I read at the first of the case has evidently been corrected. Oftentimes the first info out isn't always dependable even though it does stick in one's mind. lol

We know the driver was called back to the house after 3 hours, or 4am. She was on the phone then. Maybe she wasn't talking to 911 then and it was someone else.

Did Gus say she was on her phone? Could it be the whole 23 min call took place inside JB's house? It is hard to run while talking on a cellie, eh?

Do they give the time for that 23 min call? Thanks

Shannan's mother says they heard her saying "get away from me" as she was running. I think this was verified by LE and let's not forget the 911 operator who was a witness to the call and Shannan's state of mind.

I have wondered if Shannan may have been hired for the drifter and not for JB.

BATTA BANG !!! I think that could be it. I read a few comments to where they thought JB had hired her for a party, not for him to have sex with. Could be.

I just had this vision in my head that if this drifter was doing drugs he could have gotten really weird and said some things that totally blew her mind away with fear.

I have been in the company of a few men who when they do drugs or drink to a certain point change completely. Some get extremely effeminate and others get weird expressions on their faces, their voice changes as well as their movements. That together with what he said to her might have thrown her into that panic. IMO

It's odd that LE allowed the information about the drifter to be introduced and then we heard nothing more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamieoconnor