NY - LISK Bodies found as of December 10, 2011 Thread #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The phone calls are not the only thing that CPH has been wishy-washy about. First, he was quoted as saying he saw her running and looking sick. Then he said he never saw her or met her. Really, all one needs to do to hear the many different versions of CPH's story is to go back to ALL of the original tapes/interviews of him and listen to every word he chooses and look at the mannerisms that go with those words.

This one phone call to MG, that is a bone of contention here, is not the only thing that has put CPH into the cross-hairs of sleuths worldwide. Not to mention the fact that LE interviewed him more than once. So, they too thought he might be hinky...and they were familiar with him through his previous employment.

Seaslug, this is positively the best post I've seen on this thread. *For anyone who would still believe that CPH had anything to do with Shannan Gilbert's disappearance, this post says it all.

I'm glad that it seems Mari and Sherre are not flat out liars. *I always believed both Mari and CPH about the call, and now it really just seems like a mistake on Mari's part.

I'll say though that Mari's apparently mistaken allegation has lead to the utter destruction of Mr. Hackett's good name both here on this board, in the media and elsewhere online. *Many have shredded him, his family, even his ancestors where by all accounts he's a decent, hardworking guy.

Furthermore, Mari's mistake has lead at least the "online" investigation here at Websleuths to take a dramatic turn away from looking more at the victims of a real serial killer. *I would say that about 95% of the posts on this thread are related to Shannan and Oak Beach, and it seems that the mystery and intrigue of discussing and debating Oak Beach-related theories has outstripped any further analysis of the GB4, Manorville, etc. *I'm glad that it seems police were not similarly misdirected. *

For anyone who can't access the original article, here's the cached version. *The original premise was: Which one is lying or telling a half-truth: police or Mari/Sherre?

P.S.: The quoted text above from Seaslug's original post is incomplete. *Please refer to Seaslug's original post #403 for complete text.
Above BBM as point of reference regarding Hackett's reputation being torn to literal shreds by many as a result of Mar's statements..

I could not disagree more with this notion that firstly, that Hackett's rep was intact as a decent hardworking citizen prior to the death of SG and secondly, that it was Mari's fault in her "misspoken" acct of phonecalls from Hackett that led to that fine rep being torn to shreds..

Hackett's rep was NOT IN ANY WAY INTACT as a fine, upstanding citizen prior to his involvement in this case.. It is clearly stated by an entire multitude of varying highly qualified professionals that he was nothing but a narcissistic,wanna be hero basking in his heroic limelight, and just an outright dishonest liar.. Not only professionals spoke about Hackett this way but as did many laypersons as well that witnessed and knew the true character of the "good doctor" who had become known to literally interject himself into situations that brought him into the limelight.. Again wanna be hero!!

Regardless of whether Mari is mistaken about the time/date of calls(as some believe) I hardly find that a man whose own rep is not real great's blog somehow now serves as verified or validated evidence disproving Mari's statements.. Even still without Mari altogether Hackett has managed to once again(as history shows a pattern of) he has interjected himself into the limelight in this case(and it still stands possible he is deeply involved with this case much further than just an innocent crossing of paths with SG.. Or his few helpful calls of concern.. That has yet to be proven either way)..

But what is known for certain is that Mari, nor this case as a whole has anything to do with what Hackett's long history of actions, behaviors, had long since done in damaging the "good"doc's reputation, period..

Does the doctor even smoke? *If not, what inspired you to write this?

IMO its obvious that the post that you quote is clearly referencing the standard avenues that are used in an investigation when LE is seeking to retrieve a DNA sample of a POI of theirs.. All mentioned are routinely used to gather the DNA sample.. Including cigarettes.. Moo but the post is referencing those methods and not making any serious claim whatsoever that the "good" doc smokes...

But that's just how I took it.. I could be completely wrong:)

No offense intended, but it's kind of silly to expect any further verification beyond faxing. My recollection is that the top of the letter contained fax transmittal information from CPH's fax machine.

Besides, he directly admits to Jim Jones certain aspects of the letters:

“And when there was proof that you called me, you admitted it,” Mari adds.

“I had long since told the police that I called you. Because Alex (Shannan’s boyfriend) asked me to call you,” the doctor responds.

The doctor goes on to tell us that he gave Alex his card to give to Mari and everyone else.

Dwntwnslim, signing contractual documents and transmitting them by fax is

usually enough for any court to accept them as original signature. Having wet

ink is not legally required. 48 Hours would not need further authentication
beyond receiving the letters from his fax machine.

If I were a graduate of the "Kim Jong Il School of Critical Thinking" it might be "silly" for me to expect a verification beyond a fax.

inspctrgadget and Seaslug44,

I think I have it straight now.

1) PCH did call MG
2) We cannot be exactly sure when those calls took place, or what was the content because we only have MG's statements with no other evidence.

What leads me back to PCH as a POI is

a) Where did he get MG's phone number? Nobody has ever admitted to giving PCH, MG's phone number. PCH could have got it from MP, AC, or from SG's phone. MP or AC are not saying they did give it out, which in itself is telling.

b) Assuming MG got the timing and the contents of the call from PCH all screwed up, PCH has never refuted as wrong, what MG has been claiming.

c) I want to believe that the kind and heroic doctor is a good guy and innocent of any involvement in SG's death. It is those damn phone calls he made that keeps bringing me back to him.

d) I tend to believe MG's recollection of events more than somebody who may be involved criminally.

They're not saying the didn't give him the number either. Which I think is even more telling.

The phone calls are not the only thing that CPH has been wishy-washy about. First, he was quoted as saying he saw her running and looking sick. Then he said he never saw her or met her. Really, all one needs to do to hear the many different versions of CPH's story is to go back to ALL of the original tapes/interviews of him and listen to every word he chooses and look at the mannerisms that go with those words.

This one phone call to MG, that is a bone of contention here, is not the only thing that has put CPH into the cross-hairs of sleuths worldwide. Not to mention the fact that LE interviewed him more than once. So, they too thought he might be hinky...and they were familiar with him through his previous employment.

Does anyone know who he supposedly said that to? I remember them saying that on WCBS when Jennifer McLogan interviewed him. But when they showed the actual interview he didn't say anything about seeing her

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04...ch-for-bodies-off-l-i-in-serial-killer-probe/
Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed.

“These people need closure and we need to find this girl if she is alive,” he said.

Every single MSM video interview with him, even the Youtube snippets, have gone poof. Someone saved copies but I tried to find those, too and have had no luck.

I live on LI so I saw the interview when it aired.The promo said they were going to interview a doctor who was the last to see her alive. He never said he saw her. And after the interview Jennifer McLogan again said he said he saw her running on the beach. I thought it was weird at the time that they left that part of the interview out since it was so important. Now I'm starting to wonder if her ever did say it.

I live on LI so I saw the interview when it aired.The promo said they were going to interview a doctor who was the last to see her alive. He never said he saw her. And after the interview Jennifer McLogan again said he said he saw her running on the beach. I thought it was weird at the time that they left that part of the interview out since it was so important. Now I'm starting to wonder if her ever did say it.
That is one quote that I can find all over the internet but I can no longer find the video links to anything he said. (Rumor says there is a legal reason why the videos have been pulled or edited and thus leaving the good doc out.)

One thing I can most definitely take from this situation is how entirely unprofessional most of the reporting has been from MM.
So many w/o the story straight and or contradictions.

That is one quote that I can find all over the internet but I can no longer find the video links to anything he said. (Rumor says there is a legal reason why the videos have been pulled or edited and thus leaving the good doc out.)

Do you have a link to an actual quote?

none of the "quotes" I can find are in his words in quotation marks

It infuriates me that stories will air and then be edited so that there is no longer any historical record. Unless there is a screen cap or a printed copy, it seems there is no way to prove anything that was previously reported.

Do you have a link to an actual quote?

none of the "quotes" I can find are in his words in quotation marks

Nope, it's gone. Everything I find seems to be a quote of the cbslocal quote. It's just mind-numbing...and people are always trying to suggest that if it is out there on the web, you can never get it back BUT we know that some things do go poof. I guess one needs a lawyer to make that happen. I first noticed it, very obviously, in the Lisa Irwin case. Unless one can get to a cached page before it is updated then original/unedited versions are becoming impossible to track down. I find it interesting that interviews with people like GC, JB, AD and MP are still available. But just try to find any video on the doc & his wife BH and you will find ZILCH!

Nope, it's gone. Everything I find seems to be a quote of the cbslocal quote. It's just mind-numbing...and people are always trying to suggest that if it is out there on the web, you can never get it back BUT we know that some things do go poof. I guess one needs a lawyer to make that happen. I first noticed it, very obviously, in the Lisa Irwin case. Unless one can get to a cached page before it is updated then original/umedited versions are becoming impossible to track down. I find it interesting that interviews with people like GC, JB, AD and MP are still available. But just try to find any video on the doc 7 his wife BH and you will find ZILCH!

I know for a fact that he didn't say it during that cbs interview. And even that "quote" in the CBS story isn't a quote.

The second statement is in quotation marks. So it seems to me that they got that info from someone else, not the doctor himself.

Gilbert, a prostitute from Jersey City, was last seen in May by Long Island doctor Peter Hackett, who said he saw Gilbert running at night near Oak Beach, looking both sick and distressed.

“These people need closure and we need to find this girl if she is alive,” he said."

The first video to disappear was the one where the female neighbor had the storm door slightly propped open and she said something like she heard SG but didn't open her door. The son could be heard saying, that they saw her footprints in the sand. CPH, was interviewed in that clip, too. BUT, that film disappeared almost as soon as it was aired.

...The second statement is in quotation marks. So it seems to me that they got that info from someone else, not the doctor himself.

That quote came from a much longer interview with him. There was a long statement before those words. IIRC, he was wearing the white shirt with blue stripes and it may have been the one where his wife came out and virtually took over the interview. The other lengthy interview was with him in a car with his sunglasses on. In that one he was wearing a salmon colored polo shirt.

I know for a fact that he didn't say it during that cbs interview. And even that "quote" in the CBS story isn't a quote.

The second statement is in quotation marks. So it seems to me that they got that info from someone else, not the doctor himself.

The only, ahem, "sources" I can find that say the hard drive was erased come fr/ the lisk site. Still looking though.

Try the web archive "the Wayback Machine" to see if you can find those quotes you are looking for. Here's the link:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php

That quote came from a much longer interview with him. There was a long statement before those words. IIRC, he was wearing the white shirt with blue stripes and it may have been the one where his wife came out and virtually took over the interview. The other lengthy interview was with him in a car with his sunglasses on. In that one he was wearing a salmon colored polo shirt.

I saw the interviews and like I said earlier they said they he was the last person to see her in the promo and theh Jennifer McLogan said it again standing after the showed the interview. But nowhere in the interview did he actually say it.

The only, ahem, "sources" I can find that say the hard drive was erased come fr/ the lisk site. Still looking though.

Try the web archive "the Wayback Machine" to see if you can find those quotes you are looking for. Here's the link:

http://www.archive.org/web/web.php
hi DWntwn...that is actually a different subject...this is about the news videos and interviews that keep disappearing.

But someone earlier today gave this link re: the security footage...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...investigation/

Quote:
Although the videotapes are taped over every 24 hours, the videos are also stored on a hard drive.
End Quote

I saw the interviews and like I said earlier they said they he was the last person to see her in the promo and theh Jennifer McLogan said it again standing after the showed the interview. But nowhere in the interview did he actually say it.
I believe ya! These "news" people are no longer journalists. They play hard and fast with the "facts." All we know is that maybe he said it or maybe he said something close to that or nothing at all resembling that "quote."

hi DWntwn...that is actually a different subject...this is about the news videos and interviews that keep disappearing.

But someone earlier today gave this link re: the security footage...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/04/...investigation/

Quote:
Although the videotapes are taped over every 24 hours, the videos are also stored on a hard drive.
End Quote

I am talking about the hard drive being Erased.

The Wayback archives various media formats including video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18